ToF League Chat

FinderKeeper

Some challenges missed during the week, but even so I could finish 15th this week (I lost a place in the last minutes)

Again using 2 Sly-mans and 1 Minute-man (2 chlorella and 1 ginseng HH equivalent).

Still some months before I can unlock level 750 and be fully competitive, until then I will try just to stay in top 15, not an easy task with such weaker boosters.

imagen.png.56d2aced8f4132f31261925eb273acb7.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FinderKeeper said:

Welcome to D3 - land of tough opponents for the next couple of weeks! (:ph34r: fingers crossed it will be weeks and not months)

It will be forever, at least for all foreseeable future, ain't it? Because there will not gonna be a higher division anytime soon :)

I finished 6th without much problems, but D3 is going to be really hard the first weeks.

Time to start using stronger boosters. ⚔️🛡️:ph34r:

This was the standings a few minutes before I did my last battles

imagen.png.a7ab77874428150e54523d37b6cd1fab.png

Edited by jelom
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, jelom said:

I finished 6th without much problems, but D3 is going to be really hard the first weeks.

Time to start using stronger boosters. ⚔️🛡️:ph34r:

This was the standings a few minutes before I did my last battles

imagen.png.a7ab77874428150e54523d37b6cd1fab.png

Yeah, I recognise 5 club mates on this list :)

On 11/10/2022 at 6:42 PM, OmerB said:

It will be forever, at least for all foreseeable future, ain't it? Because there will not gonna be a higher division anytime soon :)

With enough players more D3 brackets will form. It should be easier then.

What I fear is the time it will take to form them, since we've spend so many weeks in D2 not having enough players in CxH to form a single D3 bracket. How much time will pass before we'll have another?

Edit: Nope, wrong. Read below.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, FinderKeeper said:

What I fear is the time it will take to form them, since we've spend so many weeks in D2 not having enough players in CxH to form a single D3 bracket. How much time will pass before we'll have another?

In two weeks there will be two brackets in D3, and then an additional bracket will be created every two/three weeks

• Thanks 1
  • Surprised :O 1

2 hours ago, OmerB said:

Isn't it related to the opening rate of new divisions of D2, D1, and so on?

Yes, but the number of D2 brackets will be mostly stable, so we can infer how many players will promote to D3 in the next weeks.

If this week there is a single D3 group with 105 players, that means that past week there was 105/15=7 D2 groups, so next week there will be 105 - 15 (demoted) + 15 * 7 = 195 players (or 180 if D2 has been reduced to 6 groups without the D3 players).

And in two weeks ther will be 195 - 15 + 15 * 7 = 285 players = 2 brackets of 142/143 players (or 255 players in 2 groups of 127/128 if D2 groups were only 6).

You can do the maths for the next weeks if you want.

• Surprised :O 1

16 hours ago, jelom said:

In two weeks there will be two brackets in D3, and then an additional bracket will be created every two/three weeks

Having gone through the math of it in my head, I have to agree. I was imagining it wrong. ^_^

Thanks!

(Weird image incoming: It's like a corridor to D3 with a minimum width of 7 brackets so to speak, and it needs to be filled before next tier unlocks.)

• Like 1

I did some calculation about the number of players playing in the leagues...
In the end, there should be roughly the same number of divisions in each level, right? So there will be an equilibrium, the same number of players will be going up and down in every week.

So lets say that we have 6 divisions in each level, with 100 players in each:
That gives us 9 * 6 * 100 = 5400 players

That's it? ~5400 are playing the leagues in Cxh?

Edited by OmerB

A very good 17th place considering the category of all the stronger players reunited in this first D3 week.

I boosted with 1 injector and 2 potions thus I still have room to improve with the objective of top 15, and in the future when I unlock level 750 also aiming for top 4.

Congrats for Gogeta for his win.

This week there are 180 players, so there will be more options to fight weaker and unboosted players.

imagen.png.3ab0c492e6d7bd57e7905643eeac1241.png

Edited by jelom
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, jelom said:

A very good 17th place considering the category of all the stronger players reunited in this first D3 week.

I boosted with 1 injector and 2 potions thus I still have room to improve with the objective of top 15, and in the future when I unlock level 750 also aiming for top 4.

Congrats for Gogeta for his win.

This week there are 180 players, so there will be more options to fight weaker and unboosted players.

imagen.png.3ab0c492e6d7bd57e7905643eeac1241.png

Congrats! and congrats to Duran too for his 19th place finish :)

With 180 players, the scores should be very tight at the top, it might matter to who gets the score first.

@FinderKeeper, where did you finish? I will ask on our Discord, it will be interesting to see all of the league table now.

• 2 weeks later...

late report due to RL issues.

Very bad position this week, where I missed a few challenges. The competition was fierce with all the big fish in the same barrel, and a big barrel indeed with 180 players.

Now I will adapt slowly to the new mythic equipment and wait for more brackets to be created in D3. Let's wait and see.

imagen.png.c650ad20bfb3928b0fd4588ca9174797.png

• Like 1

On 11/12/2022 at 12:42 PM, FinderKeeper said:

Having gone through the math of it in my head, I have to agree. I was imagining it wrong. ^_^

Thanks!

(Weird image incoming: It's like a corridor to D3 with a minimum width of 7 brackets so to speak, and it needs to be filled before next tier unlocks.)

According to my assumptions and calculations:

The next week (starting today at reset time) should be tough on D3 - Two groups with 142-143 players 😱

In the week after (starting on 8.12) it should be much easier - Three D3 groups with 105-110 players in each.

I missed the screenshot opportunity (maybe you or Hastur got it @OmerB?), but got No. #1 at almost 7300 points.

Everything went according to strategy, but for some reason Horncat kept trying to buy his way past me to the end eventhough I clearly had the stat advantage all the time. Hurt my f2p heart to see such needless waste of kobans. Just accept it and cash in for a lower spot mates, spread the earnings. 😞

So back in D3. Time to drop down again. 😄

win23234.jpg

Edited by Gotaku
  • Like 4