[ 14-Dec-21 ] Midwinter Preparations PoA - Discussion

FinderKeeper

Just another good example for how 'good' he's listening to the feedback; there are/were different types of players on the TS, but if the feedback doesnt get read properly ... anyway, it's more like he made up his mind and then is searching for excuses afterwards. Nobody on TS would have suggested that this type of event is good, for no kind of player (even casual players get frustrated most of the time when they cant reach the girls an event is offering), and look: nobody likes it. Maybe he should listen to TS from now on.

But, yeah, just cancel it, it's not good for anything.

• Like 2

In all fairness to Rosso, I'm not sure the TS would have done a lot of good for this specific type of experiment.

This isn't a system where they expect technical bugs, or one that deviates significantly in the way that it functions to what we've seen before. And the test server, even if it had more players on it, is likely going to be dominated by the 'serious' player bracket which isn't representative of the 100k community. Not many casual players are going to run accounts on different servers.

What they were really wanting was broad spectrum feedback from players regarding their tollerance to effectively putting the main rewards behind a paywall. He got that.

But, also in an effort to be fair, he's never going to get what he wants here. Guess what? Casual players are also less likely to spend time posting on forums/chatrooms etc about the game. These channels are alway going to be dominated by the serious players.

And I also think this entire line of thinking is very very concerning as it gives some insight into the thought process happening internally at KK. The only difference between this and a regular PoA was that they set it up to ensure that it was impossible to get through without paying for it (whether that be in real money or Kobans is irrelevant - Kobans are a pseudo-currency that is very limited in what you can pick-up for free. If you spend Kobans on this event, it simply means you have less to spend on another so either have to miss our, or spend real money to participate). What this suggests to me is that KK are actively looking to press to see just how far they can push the p2w side of the game. Not by improving it and making it worth more, just by bumping up the price. It was unsubtle, suggests they see their player base as little more than wallets to be emptied and gives potents for the future of all other events.

All of this likely comes off the back of the anniversary month, which he identifies as not having performed as they had expected/hoped. They're trying to pull money in that they didn't make then. They blamed this on DT. I would suggest that the massive glut of Pachinko orbs that they had given out prior to this event had more to do with it. These orbs gave out a large number of girls allowing a significant number of players to clear the Pachinko pools. Any player who played during this period had more girls, so less need to pick them up during the Anniversary events. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm betting that their Orgy Day events have also taken a hit and that it hasn't improved majorly since they canned DT.

Edited by JustVisitingReborn
  • Like 1
  • Hearts 1