Cant load website... AGAIN!

VetoTheName

Wake up in the morning, go to collect money from girls, and it doesnt do anything, i refresh page, error 500. This is the 4th time its happened to me in 2months now. In before clear cashe, delete cookies, reset router, try vpn. I've done all that, and it doesn't work. It's getting really annoying. At this point, i'm probably not going to be able to complete the 4 daily missions for the event, and its frusterating. 

not sure what browser your using but I get what sounds like the same thing in my chrome browser. for me its happening because its seeing the DST Root CA X3 as expired. how I get around it is I open the inspect page and go to the network tab then refresh the page. what ever shows on the network as blocked or red I right click and have it open in a new tab. it will then give the this is not safe warning are you sure you want to continue and one you let it I close that tab and refresh the first page again and it may work or you may need to let a few more pages though. once your in this will work for a little while, I have to do that once every few weeks. but only on 1 of my systems. all the others work fine. 

3 minutes ago, jelom said:

There is a solution for error 500 here

As i've said, I've tried this stuff. I've cleared cookies and cache, I've waited multiple hours, used a vpn. Nothing seems to work for me, it takes 4-5hours of nothing sometimes. I understand WHY it happens, its just annoying that it does happen, at all. It's been a known issue, obviously, since theres "fixes" for it, so why hasnt this been sorted out? Also, the stated reason it happens is "becasue it recieved to many requests in a short time", but howcome this issue only happens when i get home/wake up, and load the page for the first time. There is no way im sending multiple requests to the website, while not home/awake. 

Its just really frustrating. 

7 hours ago, Yamiray said:

for me its happening because its seeing the DST Root CA X3 as expired

7 hours ago, Yamiray said:

what ever shows on the network as blocked or red I right click and have it open in a new tab. it will then give the this is not safe warning are you sure you want to continue

This is too technical for me, but it sounds kinda similar to when there's an expired certificate or another thing that gets the browser's spidey sense tingling? My layman understanding of how this would lead to the server's DDoS protection blocking you would be because your browser keeps sending requests for the thing it's "suspicious" about?

6 hours ago, VetoTheName said:

It's been a known issue, obviously, since theres "fixes" for it, so why hasnt this been sorted out?

It has. But it's the server's DDoS protection, the server still needs it sensitive enough to prevent actual attacks, but not so sensitive that it blocks players seemingly randomly while they're simply playing. The latter happens a lot less frequently these days than it used to (at least, fewer players report it and less often than in the past).

6 hours ago, VetoTheName said:

the stated reason it happens is "becasue it recieved to many requests in a short time", but howcome this issue only happens when i get home/wake up, and load the page for the first time.

There's a "(trying to) login loop" that some players get locked into in some cases, which can itself lead to the server's DDoS protection blocking you. It doesn't have to be you actually clicking too many times, just something from the client on your computer sending too many requests to the server. That's an example (which thankfully doesn't happen often these days, since Kinkoid adjusted their settings server side).

--------

I'm not even sure either of the above issues are related, or actually caused by something specific that can be fixed server side. It's not an area of expertise of mine, as you might have guessed. ^^ So, before reporting this to KK, I'd be more comfortable if someone savvy in programming could weigh in. @FinderKeeper, @Kenrae, @45026831 could one of you please have a look before pinging Noacc? Thanks in advance.

22 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

I'm not even sure either of the above issues are related

After looking over the 500 post I do not think they are related. if its 500 that is server side(and if its DDoS protection it better to block the IP its does not like then the DDoS taking the hole site down then no one can access the site as it would be down). my issue I tracked the sites hopping to more the one host (www.hentaiheros.com,hh2.hh-content.com,www.statisgeek.com,ajax.googleapis.com,ect.) these are all parts of what the site needs to run. and for what ever reason at times my one browse does not like part of 1 or 2 of those parts. but since the main page I go to is fine I see no error it just sits at the loading page waiting for the js code its not getting. Since this only happen on this one PC I've guessing its just an over sensitive browser which is why I have not really reported as think its more on my side. if it truly was a bad cert all browser should be blocking it and there would be many reports of it

Edited by Yamiray
  • Thanks 1

Yes, there must be something going on in that particular PC. Maybe the security configuration is over the roof? I guess you've already tried using another browser in that same computer? That's not related to the 500 error, that's for sure.

As for the error 500, while this isn't a fix by any means, if I get it and I need to make some "chores" like the dailies I use my phone to do them (just make sure you're not connected to your home wifi or you'll see the same error 500 because you're using the same IP).

• Thanks 1

Can't provide anything on Yamiray's issue.

@VetoTheNameYou got us puzzled because it's not a typical error 500 report. :) But I do want to ask about when exactly does it happen: You say, it's a beginning of your routine. So, you click on Harem - does it load and you start clicking? or it doesn't load at all? Also I find it odd that using vpn doesn't fix it for you - or maybe it does load once and goes to error 500 right after? Another thing is that you say it can take up to 4-5 hours before it fixes itself - temp ip ban is usually lifted within an hour. To me it also looks like something must be going on on your home system.

• Thanks 1

Mine just happened again so I'm going the show what it is. To me it is a kind of cache issue but the normal clear cache is not updating this as I checked on another PC and cert shown in the snap shot does not expire till 6/4/2035. so my one pc is clearly not getting that new cert. So I think mine keeps coming back because it only lets to go the what it thinks is unsafe for so long without asking again. 

1826517459_HHstuckatloadingscreen.thumb.jpg.0ceabbb1ba5df9f17b975e149deec968.jpg

• Like 2

18 hours ago, FinderKeeper said:

Can't provide anything on Yamiray's issue.

@VetoTheNameYou got us puzzled because it's not a typical error 500 report. :) But I do want to ask about when exactly does it happen: You say, it's a beginning of your routine. So, you click on Harem - does it load and you start clicking? or it doesn't load at all? Also I find it odd that using vpn doesn't fix it for you - or maybe it does load once and goes to error 500 right after? Another thing is that you say it can take up to 4-5 hours before it fixes itself - temp ip ban is usually lifted within an hour. To me it also looks like something must be going on on your home system.

Yea, I have no idea. It's happened a few times to me, and its always on my first use of the day. I keep the tab open generally, so I just "wake" my computer up, click refresh on the tab, and I go about my buisness, but every once in awhile i get this issue. Should be no issues on my PC's end. No firewalls that i use, no adblocker, ect ect. I get the "loading" screen and it flashes like 3-5 times, then just sits there, and eventually goes to the 500 error. 

• Like 1

Il y a 3 heures, VetoTheName a dit :

Yea, I have no idea. It's happened a few times to me, and its always on my first use of the day. I keep the tab open generally, so I just "wake" my computer up, click refresh on the tab, and I go about my buisness, but every once in awhile i get this issue. Should be no issues on my PC's end. No firewalls that i use, no adblocker, ect ect. I get the "loading" screen and it flashes like 3-5 times, then just sits there, and eventually goes to the 500 error. 

The game logs you out every 12 hours or so. So, when you wake up your computer, it tries to automatically log back in. If it can't (for some reason), it tries again, and again, and again, spamming the server with invalid requests, until the server decides to (temporarily) ban you. Thus, error 500.

When you see the screen flashing, close the window immediately, and log-in properly.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Yamiray said:

Mine just happened again so I'm going the show what it is. To me it is a kind of cache issue but the normal clear cache is not updating this as I checked on another PC and cert shown in the snap shot does not expire till 6/4/2035. so my one pc is clearly not getting that new cert. So I think mine keeps coming back because it only lets to go the what it thinks is unsafe for so long without asking again. 

1826517459_HHstuckatloadingscreen.thumb.jpg.0ceabbb1ba5df9f17b975e149deec968.jpg

Havee you tried using a different browser on that same PC?

3 minutes ago, Kenrae said:

Havee you tried using a different browser on that same PC?

I've tried the same browser on a different PC, Worked. I would have to install something else on this PC as it only has 2 at the moment what you see and IE and IE does not seem to run this(at least not any more). I guess I could try to reinstall the browser and see if that works, if not an OS reload would clearly fix it.

5 hours ago, VetoTheName said:

I get the "loading" screen and it flashes like 3-5 times, then just sits there, and eventually goes to the 500 error. 

Ah, that's the familiar part! Those loading screen flashes.

What@Liliat said might help. Otherwise, clearing HH cookies and waiting 1 hour should do the trick for you.

• Thanks 1

@FinderKeeper@Liliat I'll try doing the close browser immediately thing if I notice it in time, next time it happens (hopefully it doesnt, can always pray :P), but as for the clear cookies and cache thing then waiting 1hour, i've tried that before. Didn't seem to work. It's weird that the onehour works for others, but even when I gave it two hours, it didn't for me. 

• Thinking 1

You can always try using a VPN extension in your browser to change the IP you are presenting to the server during the time your usual IP is banned, or using your phone (with the mobile data connection, not the wifi because it would be the same public IP address as your PC)  meanwhile.

8 hours ago, VetoTheName said:

@jelom yea, i've tried vpn's when it happens, doesnt work.

That's one of the odd parts. If it doesn't work:

A) Your vpn doesn't work, you go to HH with the same IP, and see error 500 again.

B) Your vpn works, but your browser/system does something (spam requests) when you go to HH, you get temp ban instantly, and see error 500 again.

This is getting very annoying. I STILL Can't connect, after waiting 8hours. I've tried clearing cookies/cache, restarted pc, used a different browser, I used a vpn from 3 dif locations, including another country, and it still just does that flashing crap. At this point im getting close to just giving up on this site. When this happens weekly, its frusterating as shit. I've put in a couple 100 dollars already, and this is all I get in return. 

13 hours ago, VetoTheName said:

@FinderKeeper Its happened again :( I got on at 3pm, launched it, saw the flashing, instantly closed tab like you suggested, then tried again, nogo. Waited 3hours, instead of the one, and still flashing/not working :(

Umm. Closing tab and reopening it wouldn't work. As jelom said above, when it happens, close tab if you can ofc, but clear cookies first.

Just waiting when there was no error 500 is pointless - nothing will change.

Waiting out error 500 after flashes without clearing cookies won't work - flashes will happen again.

(That's not condescention - just trying to lay it out ^^)

• 3 weeks later...