3. 3. Rate Ananke

• Faptabulous!
    • Faptastic!
    • Yummy
    • Meh
    • Yucky

il y a 34 minutes, OmerB a dit :

I "sniped" the 25th place 😂

Ok, I'm back on track, as I should get at least 10th place today. I will be doing ~250 champion fights (hoping that no more than 9 players in my bracket can/will do more than that) 🙏

if you have the time ,monitor the competition.

if you can win with less than 250 champions fights .why spending more tickets.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, madahmed said:

if you have the time ,monitor the competition.

if you can win with less than 250 champions fights .why spending more tickets.

The problem is that it takes time (if I don't have a platinum card and I don't want to burn kobans), so I want to make a big gap early, to deter potential competitors.

Edited by OmerB
  • Like 1

il y a une heure, OmerB a dit :

The problem is that it takes time (if I don't have a platinum card and I don't want to burn kobans), so I want to make a big gap early, to deter potential competitors.

dont forget there will be a POA in 4 days and you ma need these tickets unless you have a huge amount of them.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, madahmed said:

dont forget there will be a POA in 4 days and you ma need these tickets unless you have a huge amount of them.

Yeah, had to remind myself to save ~115 tickets, for the PoA.

There's also a CbC in 2 days that'll need tickets.

Many contests to keep track of. *sigh*

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, madahmed said:

Top 19

I used to have club mates who made this same weird language mistake. Been on the verge of telling you for awhile. There's no such thing as "top + your exact rank". A top is a range of ranks as defined by the reward tiers, you're either in it or out of it, you're not it. The only exception is when you finish number one exactly, as it's a reward tier with only one place, so for that we say "I finished #1" (not "top 1" doesn't mean anything either). Other than that, there's no more Top 19 than there is Top 42. Your #19 rank places you in Top 25. Your rank #7 places you in Top 10, and so on. Here, you've made Top 25. OR you finished #19, if you want to be specific about it, but not "Top 19".

Sorry for the nitpick but this was becoming a bit like Holy's "buddy" at this point. I had to clarify. 👓

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

à l’instant, DvDivXXX a dit :

I used to have club mates who made this same weird language mistake. Been on the verge of telling you for awhile. There's no such thing as "top + your exact rank". A top is a range of ranks as defined by the reward tiers, you're either in it or out of it, you're not it. The only exception is when you finish number one exactly, as it's a reward tier with only one place, so for that we say "I finished #1" (not "top 1" doesn't mean anything either). Other than that, there's no more Top 19 than there is Top 42. Your #19 rank places you in Top 25. Your rank #7 places you in Top 10, and so on. Here, you've made Top 25. OR you finished #19, if you want to be specific about it, but not "Top 19".

Sorry for the nitpick but this was becoming a bit like Holy's "buddy" at this point. I had to clarify. 👓

i did not know about this.

i watch a lot of French gaming streams and they use this word"top" whis is from English to speak about their ranks.

may be they influenced my choice of words. and neither English nor French are my primary languages, i took this expression for granted.

thanx for the clarification.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, madahmed said:

thanx for the clarification.

My pleasure, and thanks for taking it so well. I expected this to come from French, as it's a very common misuse of the term in my native language unfortunately (it's incorrect in French as well, but lots of people use it, so it's a bit of a lost cause there). I see where you're coming from, I know a lot of people IRL with a mix of French and Arabic as their native languages, which can be very charming from the outside looking in (for well-intended people) but also comes with its own set of difficulties (which can be frowned upon by not so well-intended people, well racists and snubs mostly, let's not beat around the bush ^^). My nitpick only came from my own pet peeves in English, nothing against your way of speech in general, let alone you as a person, to be über clear. ❤️

I can be a bit anal with some language stuff sometimes, that's all. :D (Usually more with English natives; speaking it as my second language, and my native language being so much more complicated except for the divorce between pronunciation and spelling in English... When I see a native use "their" instead of "they're" or "then" instead of "than", I go berserk. It's like... you had one job! ^^)

• Like 1

il y a 14 minutes, DvDivXXX a dit :

My pleasure, and thanks for taking it so well. I expected this to come from French, as it's a very common misuse of the term in my native language unfortunately (it's incorrect in French as well, but lots of people use it, so it's a bit of a lost cause there). I see where you're coming from, I know a lot of people IRL with a mix of French and Arabic as their native languages, which can be very charming from the outside looking in (for well-intended people) but also comes with its own set of difficulties (which can be frowned upon by not so well-intended people, well racists and snubs mostly, let's not beat around the bush ^^). My nitpick only came from my own pet peeves in English, nothing against your way of speech in general, let alone you as a person, to be über clear. ❤️

I can be a bit anal with some language stuff sometimes, that's all. :D (Usually more with English natives; speaking it as my second language, and my native language being so much more complicated except for the divorce between pronunciation and spelling in English... When I see a native use "their" instead of "they're" or "then" instead of "than", I go berserk. It's like... you had one job! ^^)

no poblem . i did not take it personally but rather the opposite. I try always to pay attention to these small language details because i use English daily in my job IRL.

now i wont make that mistake neither here no in my job whenever i come across the same situation.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, madahmed said:

i watch a lot of French gaming streams and they use this word"top" whis is from English to speak about their ranks.

It's usually said as a joke.

Imagine there is game with ranking, and top 20 places are visible, or prized, or something. Let's say a streamer finishes 22nd. Now he says - "Guys, see? EZ top 22!" - pretending that top group includes his 22nd place. ^_^

• Like 2

Il y a 1 heure, FinderKeeper a dit :

It's usually said as a joke.

Imagine there is game with ranking, and top 20 places are visible, or prized, or something. Let's say a streamer finishes 22nd. Now he says - "Guys, see? EZ top 22!" - pretending that top group includes his 22nd place. ^_^

Or alternatively: "I finished 22nd of the Top 20" (or something like that 😛 )

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It was a tight race.

I finished strong in the top 69.

I almost dropped prematurely to top 70.

Edged it out, and came in hard, for the victory.

Bottom 69 probably feels just as good, or even better.

I've run out of juice, so I'll have to try it later, once I've refilled my orbs.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jokes aside, I did finish 1st today, on both my main account and the test server, so the pressure is off, and I'll wait to see if I get my first mythic gear from it, after Wednesday. 

Good to know, if I don't save PXP or Orbs, that I can make up for it on the 3rd day w/ tickets.

1732050324_LCKyoko.thumb.png.a204d91a6b4f28aa129565e7fc8210cd.png

Edited by Ravi-Sama
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

What country is the flag of #1 in your pic? This doesn't ring a bell at all (not that I know all flags of all countries by heart, but this one I think I've never seen). And congrats on the top 4!

Guam
61OD6HclyWL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Edited by Ravi-Sama
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Now I really hope this turns into a Mythic Equipment tomorrow, because I literally spent everything:

lc-mythic.thumb.png.91a4d0b3ee70a457cd76b0842a597cbb.png

lc-tickets.png.e93d9b9b6f9f49531a1c35c60be92c37.png

For the first time since the first occurrence, I will seriously struggle with PoA. I probably won't be able to get the 2nd girl (To make things worse, I have a single TPoP with 4 tickets).

• Like 5
  • Surprised :O 1

finished 12th place. i prepared to snipe the 10 th place in the last minutes. but i was distracted by the world cup game and i have completely forgotten about the contest.

that mistake may cost me a lot as i may not be tommorrow around reset time.

1st place needed 153K

lc22112022.JPG

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Ravi-Sama said:

Guam

Thanks! My wife and I eventually found the flag on a wiki in the meantime, but your version is classy. ^^ It's a shame they have such a recognizable drawing in the middle but it's so small all I saw from Bolitho's screenshot was a gem with strange colors in the middle.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

Thanks! My wife and I eventually found the flag on a wiki in the meantime, but your version is classy. ^^ It's a shame they have such a recognizable drawing in the middle but it's so small all I saw from Bolitho's screenshot was a gem with strange colors in the middle.

(I used Google lens).  I didn't recognize it either.  I was curious too.  It's a fun little flag.

• Like 1

I had to snipe the 4th place in the last minute... It was a fun rush.

image.thumb.png.2831048194e8d94196cb73bb4bd7523e.png

Loooking at the other screenshots here, my contest looks harsher (compared to Liliat's for example).

BTW, I was quite lucky, I didn't compute the amount of needed points. I just did 7 champion fights, used 20-25 energy and ~10 villain fights... and luckily it was just enough to get ke to the 4th place :)

Edited by OmerB
  • Like 5

Spend Gems Cumback Contest on the same day as Give XP to the Girls Legendary Contest? What a lovely coincidence, I think I'll just dump my entire stockpile of gems and books today.

1465075383_Contest2.thumb.PNG.ddd7882abc4e69b82fcaa0497166f523.PNG1044744513_Contest1.thumb.PNG.be2b5b55ab4080975a5ef7d63ec4d995.PNG

We'll see if I end up holding this. I've still got 18k gems I haven't spent, but I'm out of books now so I'll need to use market refreshes to use any more gems today.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Surprised :O 1