What is going on with the contests - today's contest Teach Us Master ended about an hour early and the next contest instead of being in 30 minutes is 24 hours away

Tomthe Bomb

What is going on with the contests - today's contest Teach Us Master ended about an hour early and the next contest instead of being in 30 minutes is 24 hours away2566-03-2619_39_02-Greenshot.png.401c50b286e2fc73335f9c4aaf647623.png

Now you may have to magnify the lower right corner but is says 26 March at 19:30  but it is easy to see the blue letters say 22 hr and 51 min So no new contest until tomorrow?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The missing hour comes from the time change to daylight saving time.

But why there is/are no new Contest/s I would like to know as well.

It's may first time from Winter to Summer and I don't remember how it was from Summer to Winter.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Happy to see I'm not alone. It has been so long since I haven't tried to place well on a Daily that I thought I had gone under some demotion/penalty for not selling enough! Hopefully, someone at Kinkoid will notice and get this issue resolved.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Bart Dethtung said:

It's an issue for some of us who would like to continue progressing in the Ultimate Fucking Game. I need to score 20k in the contests, but can't now.

Exactly - you lose 24 hr on a game like that and you will lose one girl [or two if you paid 36000 Kubans]  Look I went to the Patch notes again and they did say because of a holiday some monitors would be off, BUT NOTHING ABOUT NO CONTEST !!!!

Play On Tomthe Bomb

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tomthe Bomb said:

Exactly - you lose 24 hr on a game like that and you will lose one girl [or two if you paid 36000 Kubans]  Look I went to the Patch notes again and they did say because of a holiday some monitors would be off, BUT NOTHING ABOUT NO CONTEST !!!!

Play On Tomthe Bomb

A tad dramatic, no? If you made it that far 2 days after the event started you are not missing the girl, dont worry

• Like 2
  • Surprised :O 1

I'm just here to say that this wasn't the first time it happened. Quite on the contrary, if memory serves me right, we got this kind of problems every single time timechange occurred, thing that makes this

7 ore fa, Pelinor ha scritto:

Imho, The sad part is even knowing about the time change; there was no planning on Kinkoid's part to account for it

even sadder, I think.

I guess that one could say that not dealing with a problem that happens twice a year is kind of a way of dealing with the problem, especially if changing the clock to which every single aspect of the game refers to could lead to more severe bugs (this is my wild guess, made not knowing a lot about server game programming).

The only thing we can do is being "emotionally prepared" for the next time it'll happen (time changes happen in the night between the last saturday and sunday of march and october, so the next time it will be between October 28th and October 29th)

Edited by Antimon
  • Like 6
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, 430i said:

Not ideal, but its really only a problem for a very minuscule amount of people who decided to rush PoA

Not really because there's people who participate in contests for kobans, gems and champion tickets. So it's not just the PoA rushers.

17 hours ago, Gotaku said:

tis amateur hour. better be some compensation.

Agreed. They should give us all 300 kobans, 3 champion tickets, 50 green and 50 white gems as compensation every time this happens. That's the best to deal with this problem imo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Obelisk said:

Not really because there's people who participate in contests for kobans, gems and champion tickets. So it's not just the PoA rushers.

Agreed. They should give us all 300 kobans, 3 champion tickets, 50 green and 50 white gems as compensation every time this happens. That's the best to deal with this problem imo.

Good Idea Obelisk and it would be fair HOWEVER I strongly suspect to the designers of this game we are considered their sex slaves willing to put up with anything to keep playing the game, so the chance of any fair compensation, well people in Hell would love to have ice water and the chances of gamers getting compensation is probably lower than people in Hell getting ice water!!!!

Play On Tomthe Bomb

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 430i said:

A tad dramatic, no? If you made it that far 2 days after the event started you are not missing the girl, dont worry

OK 403i - you are correct if you didn't push the game because you KNEW you could not be there for the final two days - for so many reasons:  scheduled surgery, someone's wedding, someone's funeral, board meeting of the Rulers of the World, who knows.  Many of us push hard every day we play because who knows what tomorrow will bring - like NO CONTEST for 24 hours.  Oh yes, I'm dramatic - have you seen any of my films?

Play On Tomthe Bomb 

• Haha 1

These are related, so I'll share the bug report thread I made. 

I managed to get 120 kos from the PXP contest, so I'm w/ @430ithat this isn't a huge problem, but it was annoying enough for me to make a bug report.  The MP rotated ~12 hrs after server reset (7 PM EST), and contests changed ~3 hrs before the next server reset (4 AM EST).

I'll probably wait until the MP rotates again in ~12 hrs (7 PM EST), before deciding whether or not to spend orbs for the CbC.

• Thanks 1

WTF - so I go look at the 'Contests Page' and see 'Perverted Minds in a Sane Body'  in which nearly EVERY play had zero points - why?  Because it was active for only minutes.  So that is our compensation, they they throw the game that should have been running 24 hours ago and if you didn't make points - your tuff luck.  Thank designers I could say something rude, but my sweet mother told me, 'If you can't say something nice, it's better to say nothing at all.'  Good advice - I don't want some monitor to dock me points because I felt like I've been used and spoke my mind.  Designers, close your eyes and just imagine what I would say.

Play On Tomthe Bomb

• Thanks 1

On 3/27/2023 at 10:02 AM, Tomthe Bomb said:

you KNEW you could not be there for the final two days - for so many reasons:  scheduled surgery, someone's wedding, someone's funeral,

You know the future, quick, tell me the lottery numbers for the next day xD

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, jelom said:

You know the future, quick, tell me the lottery numbers for the next day xD

Oh jelom, I didn't say I knew when someone would die, but you do realize that funerals ARE arranged in advance, in my country funerals are scheduled a week in advance to allow relatives from all over the world to attend the funeral - so YES I WOULD know when someone's funeral was coming up - Don't you?

Play On, Tomthe Bomb

Hi Fellow Players,

jelom answered this question.  You go to your home page panel, look at the top right corner and look for the Blue square with the three horizontal white bars.  Click on it and you will get a menu.  One of the selections on that menu is settings [it is on the right column second from the bottom].    Now click on settings and you will get another menu.  There are 5 selections on the left side of the page with the bottom one called 'Redeem Code:' and across from it on the right side is an input box.  Type '#daylightcarepackage' and click on the Blue 'OK' button.  The compensation: 40 bolts, 10 fists, and 10 kisses will appear just as any prize from any contest.  You again click on the OK button and they are added to your game count.  Easy-pesy.

Play On, Tomthe Bomb

• Like 1