Expired card leads to lost resources

430i

I got gifted some card for the past few days and it just expired. As a result all of the extra resources that I had above the default limits (100 energy, 20 combativity) etc were lost. I mean one second they were there and on the next reload they were gone. If kinkoid thinks this will motivate me to actually buy the card, it had the complete opposite effect, so good job there.

• Surprised :O 5

• DvDivXXX pinned and featured this topic
52 minutes ago, 430i said:

I got gifted some card for the past few days and it just expired. As a result all of the extra resources that I had above the default limits (100 energy, 20 combativity) etc were lost. I mean one second they were there and on the next reload they were gone. If kinkoid thinks this will motivate me to actually buy the card, it had the complete opposite effect, so good job there.

Oh my gawd. If this is how it works globally, that's horrible. I myself have a 3-day trial period for the gold card on its last day right now. While it's usually a nice little gesture when it happens (most players received one over the past few days, they typically do that in bulk, although it's targeted depending on your past real-money spending and the most expensive monthly card you've bought in the past)...

If the temporary card wipes away my stored resources when it expires, it's a big problem. Like many players, I deliberately store some resources over the cap at certain times in order to use them strategically later on.

image.png

None of the above comes from the card. The only difference having the card makes right now is the second part: /40 instead of my usual /20 etc. The only resource the card temporary allowed me to store more of than I already had was Energy, as I went from 100/100 to 200/200. I happened to spend most of it for my Daily Goals yesterday, but otherwise I would definitely have expected going from 200/200 to 200/100 when the card expires.

If it actually removes resources when it reduces the cap that it temporarily inflated without giving us any choice in the matter, then it's quite the poisoned gift in its current state. I suspect this interaction is new and not intended or anticipated, as raising the caps for how many of each resource you can store from natural regeneration is still a relatively recent addition to the monthly cards' perks.

@Tohru - Kinkoid & @Magrat could you please forward, review, advise and/or confirm? Thanks in advance.

I'll confirm what happens by the end of this day when my current temporary Gold card expires.

@holymolly Pinging you too so you're aware as well, since it's just the two of us now, and I know you love pings.

9 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

and I know you love pings.

thanks. @DvDivXXX ;)

haven´t had the issue on nutaku.. hope I won´t get it either on .com ^^´
I´d advice everyone with a gift card to maybe take a screenshot just to be safe ^^

@430i just to be sure: was it saved resources you had before you got the card or "free" regen while the card was active ?

• Like 1

I have had the issue before. As soon as I renewed my card, the resources were back. But currently anything between the old and new cap is currently if you don't renew the card. The issue is known and apparently being worked on. I feel the frustration though

• Thanks 1

Good to know, though I'm still very concerned (the timing could not be worse if this problem occurs for everyone on dot com).

Fair question. It might be relevant if the card "only" taketh away the extra resources it giveth (still gross in my humble opinion, a gift is a gift, taking away a gift after the fact becomes a theft). Honestly I'd be surprised if the feature was able to differentiate and "only" delete some of the resources above cap rather than just wiping it all. It would be... a bit too advanced given what I've come to expect from this game, let's say.

In any case, I'm glad The Community is on the case. :ph34r:❤️

19 minutes ago, holymolly said:

@430i just to be sure: was it saved resources you had before you got the card or "free" regen while the card was active ?

Interestingly my kisses (and candles) which were over the limit before the gifted card were kept. Everything else I got via natural regen - energy, combativity and league fights was reset.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Thank you so much for the perfectly clear and reassuring confirmation, Bella. So glad you're on the case too. 🙏

8 minutes ago, Bellanaris said:

If you have 26/30 and the cap goes back to 20 you end up at 20/20. Removing the 6 you had over the cap.
But if you have 35/30 and the cap goes back to 20 you'd have 35/20.

12 minutes ago, 430i said:

Interestingly my kisses (and candles) which were over the limit before the gifted card were kept. Everything else I got via natural regen - energy, combativity and league fights was reset.

That's a relief then. In my case the card shouldn't take away anything (that I care about) when it goes away, if I understood correctly.

Still a technical issue that somewhat taints these rounds of gifted temporary cards, but it seems to be more of an inconvenience than the Thanos snap I feared. Good to know Kinkoid is aware and possibly even working on a fix already. I'm leaving this open as this isn't on the list and I'm fairly sure it wasn't mentioned on the forum before this thread.

16 minutes ago, Bellanaris said:

If you have 26/30 and the cap goes back to 20 you end up at 20/20. Removing the 6 you had over the cap.
But if you have 35/30 and the cap goes back to 20 you'd have 35/20.

Exactly what I observed, perfectly summarized. @DvDivXXX I guess your stashed combativity is safe.

• Hearts 1

Oh ok well.. then it´s just regen you got that you couldn´t have gotten without the card ..so "nothing´s lost basically"..it´s just how the cards work I´m afraid.Let´s hope they´ll find a solution for this so it doesn´t happen in the future.

3 hours ago, 430i said:

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

FYI This is no longer considered a bug, but a feature, so be careful next time you get gifted a card.

[...] only purchased resources from bundles do not disappear when the monthly card expires

• Thanks 2

• DvDivXXX unpinned this topic
  • 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Master-17 said:

Hmm, I didn’t have them saved. Perhaps this only worked in the .com version of the game?

I only tried it with the candles, but those were definitely saved. Granted, 2 candles went missing few hours after the card expired, but I am still at 18/10. And yeah - I am not on .com version, but I dont think this matters. Did you lose resources, which were at the card maximum or somewhere between the default and the card max?

1 hour ago, 430i said:

I only tried it with the candles, but those were definitely saved. Granted, 2 candles went missing few hours after the card expired, but I am still at 18/10. And yeah - I am not on .com version, but I dont think this matters. Did you lose resources, which were at the card maximum or somewhere between the default and the card max?

I'm not 100% sure, but after the gift card expired I had 10/10 candles left even though I didn't spend any of the maximum 15.

• Thanks 1