Daily login reward notification now broken

Gnome Saying

Actually, a notification about available free deals would not be bad, so people do not forget about it, especially when intentionally not claiming it directly. Or, since one is still quite often forcefully thrown into the shop, having it opened at the daily deals page instead of koban packs page.

• Like 3

They are NOT even "giving" any type of an actually daily "reward" anymore, but rather just some energy and 1 Kiss, which is something that we already get just through time itself. So basically they put out this "new" package, and took away any and all types of any Daily Rewards, like Kobans/Gold, and/or and Pacino/NightClub Orbs.

• Like 1

You can gain a free weekly and a free monthyl bundle too.

weekly: 15 combativity, 5 tickets

monthly: 180 Koban, 3 EpPx1 Orb

So if you claim all bundles in a month you gain more than with the old calendar.

Comparison between old calendar and new daily/weekly/monthly bundles
Kisses: in the old calendar 4x5, now 28x1 = +8
Combativity: in the old calendar 1x20, 1x5 now 4x15 = +35
Epic x1 Orbs: in the old calendar 2x1, now 1x3 because of monthly 2/28 against 3/30: a little bit more
Girls XP: in the old calendar 11x1000, now nothing
Energy: in the old calendar 3x50, now 28x15 = +300
Tickets: in the old calendar 2x10, now 4x5 = same
Gold: in the old calendar 1x60, 3x30 so 150/28, now 180/30: a little bit more

Only one that's missing are the 11x1000 GXP but the aditional 35 combativity are much more Koban worth than 2 market refills and with 2 refills you'll have more than 11k GXP.

The reward scheme from the Calendar:

image.png.1f6a3827e1478e2e82af47952417a9a4.png

Edited by bolitho76
  • Thanks 5

On 6/9/2023 at 9:20 PM, bolitho76 said:

The notification was related to the old "calendar", not to free bundles. So it's only normal that there is no more notification, because now we get "free bundles", no more a "daily reward".

Notifications generally show up anywhere there's something to claim.  Activities, Paths, etc.  So... no notifications would be inconsistent with the overall site.

We hadn't special notifications for (free) Bundles until now. Not in one of the anniversarys where we had daily "gift bundles", not when they added a "compensation bundles" like after the bugged start of the former Seasonal Event. We had only an aditional opening of the shop when they added the Bundle.

What you can call the notification for Bundles is this: image.png.f11f5d4d8fbe67d1ec11210a92a94d41.png

Not very helpfull, but the nearest thing you will get for sure. 🤷‍♂️ I don't think that Kk plans to add more here.

The exclamation marks all over the site are an adition they made in the last months. And with the "counter of avalaible Bundles" they have something like a notification.

Edited by bolitho76

That response seems like you're trying really hard to justify something which doesn't do what the rest of the site would indicate users to expect.

As for the exclamation marks, no... those have been there for ages.  The adventure path has had it for literally years, champions have had it pretty much since they were implemented, etc etc.  Same as the chest notification symbols for when there is an item to claim.  Literally years.

Also, to add a little more nonsense onto your response... clicking the thing you've decided should "count" as notification for free bundles (even though it absolutely isn't) doesn't even take you to the bundles.  It takes you to the koban store.  Because of course it does.

I'm not looking for you to come up with an excuse, I'm saying it's not meeting the general standards of the rest of the site.  Why would I expect a general member to try to excuse something which isn't working as well as the rest of the site and is an obvious step backwards on usability?  Who does that help?

Bug report threads don't exist for general members to figure out how to make other users feel better about stuff.  They exist to report issues so that the KK staff can follow up on them.

Edited by Gnome Saying

9 hours ago, Gnome Saying said:

They exist to report issues so that the KK staff can follow up on them.

Well that would imply, that KK Support does read the Bug Reports we (the Users) make in this Forum.

Regarding to several Posts of not only but mostly some Mods, this isn't very much the Case at all, regrettably.

9 hours ago, Gnome Saying said:

Bug report threads don't exist for general members to figure out how to make other users feel better about stuff.

True, but I 'd say these Bugreports mostly serve the Intention to inform other Players about the wierd stuff that is goin on.
Because from KK Side we don't get much Info, if any.

Edited by Der DinX
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Der DinX said:

True, but I 'd say these Bugreports mostly serve the Intention to inform other Players about the wierd stuff that is goin on.
Because from KK Side we don't get much Info, if any.

No feedback is pretty common in any bug resolution process regardless of where it is, but I get what you mean.

On 6/7/2023 at 4:28 AM, Gnome Saying said:

So the daily login reward that used to be accessible from the + button next to the kobans is still showing as being there (the little chest icon is displaying indicating that it's there for pickup) but clicking it now takes you through to the gold packs store instead of the daily items page.

It used to be that when the chest notification popup was there, it'd override the koban store popup and provide the daily login reward popup.  Now it doesn't.

There doesn't appear to be a way to clear the notification chest icon either.  If the daily reward was meant to be replaced with the period deals option, then there's some disconnect between them and the notification icon, because claiming the free item there doesn't clear the notification either.

I have the same problem, I can't get the daily rewards!

1 hour ago, ecks said:

I have the same problem, I can't get the daily rewards!

You've got the chest notification, or you can't find the new daily bundle system?

Because my problem wasn't being able to find the daily rewards, it was purely the notifications of the free items not working correctly.  Did you check the "Period Deals" tab in the shop?

Edited by Gnome Saying

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Horsting said:

But now there is a persistent new/changed event bundle notification (exclamation mark) that won't get away by reviewing the bundles 😄. However, the free deal chest is nice, indeed.

Literally just cleared for me as I went to recheck it a second ago. :P (Edit: And then uncleared, ah well)

I actually figured they were pulling a Pokemon Go with that one (where the store always has the "new items" notice because they "change" the items near constantly - even if that means changing them to a new instance of exactly the same thing), so I didn't want to comment.

Edited by Gnome Saying
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bobick said:

My understanding from Kinkoid's communication was they would rotate.

Where did you get this from? All comparisons were done based on the assumption that they do not change:

On 6/11/2023 at 2:18 PM, bolitho76 said:

Comparison between old calendar and new daily/weekly/monthly bundles
Kisses: in the old calendar 4x5, now 28x1 = +8
Combativity: in the old calendar 1x20, 1x5 now 4x15 = +35
Epic x1 Orbs: in the old calendar 2x1, now 1x3 because of monthly 2/28 against 3/30: a little bit more
Girls XP: in the old calendar 11x1000, now nothing
Energy: in the old calendar 3x50, now 28x15 = +300
Tickets: in the old calendar 2x10, now 4x5 = same
Gold: in the old calendar 1x60, 3x30 so 150/28, now 180/30: a little bit more

IMO it's better like this, as predictable, i.e. one can calculate and count on it.

Edited by Horsting

47 minutes ago, Horsting said:

Where did you get this from? All comparisons were done based on the assumption that they do not change:

First of all, thanks for pointing to this comparison which I somehow missed. I agree it might be fine as it is in this case.

Nevertheless without the experience of the last weeks I would still interpret the patch notes as getting changing period deals for every new period. If the current implementation was intended they could have mentioned the free daily / weekly / monthly rewards explicitly. With the current implementation, the daily rewards are actually not daily but endlessly (except for the fact one is only allowed to buy 5 per type and day - who does this?). Another hint: It makes no sense that you are never allowed to buy yellow and violet gems (again neglecting the fact no one would ever do this).

image.png.c6397ccafeb19f930a3a3c6dc4c0821e.png

image.png.2f900cd94adb8acd34f527666e289013.png

Edited by Bobick

1 hour ago, Bobick said:

I would still interpret the patch notes as getting changing period deals for every new period. If the current implementation was intended they could have mentioned the free daily / weekly / monthly rewards explicitly.

I do not see any hint for changing period deals in the patch notes. Mentioning all (free) deals explicitly would have exploded the already unusual long patch notes, I think 😄.

1 hour ago, Bobick said:

Another hint: It makes no sense that you are never allowed to buy yellow and violet gems (again neglecting the fact no one would ever do this).

Agreed, I was also wondering for the reason of this. Those deals are not intended for low money spenders for sure: They are too expensive for this with too many way more attractive alternatives, including such which can really help you to get certain event rewards. Gems are almost never urgently needed for a specific reason. CbC probably, but that event is not valuable enough to pay money for, as you can buy the rewards themselves for less. And while gems are a constant bottleneck (at least in my case), you can get them for free in a few days if needed for a specific new girl. So these deals are for whales who do not mind a few bucks to get everything they want just now: Gained Bunna last MDR and have not sufficient gems to level her? Buy 10 times the white+dark gems deal and level Golden Lupa's Mom along with her half daughter fusion 😄. And my Bunna is still sitting at level 550 😢. But I will be doubled happy in a few days when she can enter my battle teams as level 600 and again a few days later when I can bring her to my current girls' level cap 650 😃.

Edited by Horsting