[ August 25th, 2023 ] PoA - Getting Wet - #PoA23Aug -> 5 kisses

Ravi-Sama

• DvDivXXX featured and pinned this topic

Yeah, that's a shame because I'm growing quite fond of the new-ish artist who handled 3 out of these 4 girls (I'd be surprised if the Murane variant was done by the same person who drew the other three, the style is very different although both are quite nice). Pretty sure it's the same artist who handled the two girls from the current PoV, among other recent 3-star girls. They have a distinctive style and a strong technical foundation. I might have to come up with a nickname for that one.

But yeah, being able to afford the koban path girls from PoA is a thing of the past for me anyway, so if I get these two it will be in 2027 or whenever the ever-expanding gap between CbC and new PoA and Season sends them to in the ever more distant future. By then, who knows if the decision to deliver less art content at the same steep costs will long have been the new normal or just a bad memory from a crazy time.

Pretty minor phrasing issue, but every time I read the in-game news about PoA that line rubs me the wrong way:

image.png

"Double your efforts"? No. If anything, the event requires less efforts with the koban path than without it. "You'll need to shell out 7.2k kobans" sounds less catchy and exciting, I get it. But it's true, whereas "double your efforts" is misleading at best.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

By then, who knows if the decision to deliver less art content at the same steep costs will long have been the new normal or just a bad memory from a crazy time.

By then people will be complaining about reducing girl poses because those are also an unnecessary cost for the artists. Girls will be simply undressing like in other gacha based RPGs Rosso loves so much, always in the same position

• Sad 1
  • uwu 1

• Ravi-Sama changed the title to [ August 25th, 2023 ] PoA - Getting Wet - #PoA23Aug -> 5 kisses

welp, I was so used to my card getting the rewards from PoA for me that I forgot to claim them this time 😂

I have enough Nutaku coins stored from some promo codes to get 1 month of Silver Card so I might have to do that. It's 60 CP that I'd miss for MD 🤔 

• Like 3

I ended this PoA at tier25 with ca. 100/200 fights done. No need to invest more: Aditional 140 points in SB (ca. 100 combativity refills and th 20 Kisses) wouldn't get me near enough to the 3rd girl to gain her, so no need to invest.

Edited by bolitho76
  • Like 2
  • GG 2

I've upgraded the two free path girls now and oh boy. Roller coaster, much? This artist is amazing (I can see now that I was fooled by the 0-star pose for Murane having less puffy lips than the others, but these four series were indeed drawn by a single artist). I love all the poses to bits. I don't dislike the single pic they were allowed to give us with tiny changes instead of proper affection scenes, but I would really have loved to see them do full affection scenes.

This artist is crazy good and the new third best of the roster in my book (sorry, Toon Dude). The style is very distinctive, cohesive and rock solid from a technical standpoint. I'm not 100% settled on the nickname, but since I don't have a clue if they're even a she or a he, I'd like to use something that just describes their style. "Meaty Toes" would certainly fit, but I'm not sure everyone will recognize them from that. ^^ I could go with something else as long as it fits the incredibly cute and cuddly vibe they give to their girls.

I really hope the announced changes to affection scenes are a return to form and happen soon. I've always hated things like entire portfolios made of just a few actually different drawings with only tiny changes or edits from one "pic" to the next (as many artists on DeviantArt and other sites tend to do), and the new format for affections scenes feels exactly like that. Just like Side Quests did back when they existed, but I didn't mind for Side Quests because that was bonus content coupled with decent rewards (and to be fair it's not like the main story mode isn't guilty of milking every drawing for as many slides as possible). Affection scenes used to be a big part of the art content for any girl, though. Right now they're gutted.

• Like 1
  • uwu 1