Collect money paywall has to go

tactrix

Listen, you're a business, and you need money and I have no problem with you micro-transacting everything else. But the paywall for collecting money when you have like 500+ people to do it from is what made me quit this game REPEATEDLY more than 5x. Everything else is fine, and tolerable, but this paywall isn't. Remove it if you want your retention for players to multiply by a factor of 10.

With 500+ recruits, do you really still rely on collecting income from them? Compared to other Ymen sources, especially champs and selling equipment, what they give is marginal, isn't it? Should be sufficient to just collect from the 3 starter girls and then the first harem page if you are in mood every 6 hours.

The mass of events with high paywall for girls and the new open whale rewards battle bugs me MUCH more, i.e. this "Collect All" button is least problematic paywall for me.

• Like 1
  • Hearts 1

6 hours ago, Horsting said:

With 500+ recruits, do you really still rely on collecting income from them? Compared to other Ymen sources, especially champs and selling equipment, what they give is marginal, isn't it? Should be sufficient to just collect from the 3 starter girls and then the first harem page if you are in mood every 6 hours.

The mass of events with high paywall for girls and the new open whale rewards battle bugs me MUCH more, i.e. this "Collect All" button is least problematic paywall for me.

It's not even about the amount you collect, it's about the fact that the collection from them takes long than any other one without collect all. And it's the single biggest reason why people quit. Because when you spend literal minutes having to do the same thing over and over again, it gives you time to think about what you'd rather be doing, which is pretty much anything else.

54 minutes ago, tactrix said:

it's the single biggest reason why people quit.

I doubt it, there are a lot of reasons to quit more important than that.

Perhaps in your case it annoys you too much so you left temporaly the game, but as it is addictive you came back, so to not be annoyed by the money collecting, do what Horsting said: just collect 3/4 times per day and only from a few girls (you can order them por affectio, the more stars unlocked the more moeny they give, and the starter girls are always the first to unlock all the affection scenes.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, jelom said:

I doubt it, there are a lot of reasons to quit more important than that.

Perhaps in your case it annoys you too much so you left temporaly the game, but as it is addictive you came back, so to not be annoyed by the money collecting, do what Horsting said: just collect 3/4 times per day and only from a few girls (you can order them por affectio, the more stars unlocked the more moeny they give, and the starter girls are always the first to unlock all the affection scenes.

The main reason for quitting is time. And no matter what aspect of this game makes you quit, time will always be the #1 factor. And there's nothing you lose more time on in this game than collecting money 1 by 1 instead of pressing 1 button.

To be honest: a very great part of f2p player ignore the harem income after they reached a level betwen 300 and 400 and have theire permanent PoPs leveld to at least lvl9. And a great bunch of card holders collect the income only because they have only to click the button, but the aditional income is to low to make a really great difference.

• Like 1

On 9/7/2023 at 2:31 PM, bolitho76 said:

To be honest: a very great part of f2p player ignore the harem income after they reached a level betwen 300 and 400 and have theire permanent PoPs leveld to at least lvl9. And a great bunch of card holders collect the income only because they have only to click the button, but the aditional income is to low to make a really great difference.

But that further emphasizes my point. Why make the game harder and more annoying by having the longest part of it paywalled, when you can make it easier and have higher retention by simply making it a 1 button click? It seems like a no brainer.

• Thinking 1

Ymen isn't a ressource you have to worry beyound lvl350. Selling equip provide you with more than enough Ymen to pay all needed things and allow to participate in most spending contests. Most Veterans have hughe amounts of Ymen laying around, allways growing and ignoring Harem income.

As a longtime f2p player I've to say: I don't have problems with to less Ymens even I don't collect Harem incom regulary in the last 3 years and before I collected only the income from the 5/6* for a longer time. Since PoPs are avalaible it's not a problem to drown in Ymen. Use one GPx10, sell the equip you gain and have more income than you gain from your full Harem at a day. From PoPs you can expect 9 GPx10 per day if you run them 3 times a day with at least lvl9. The breakpoint for equip will be the most relevant source for income is near lvl350. After the first days, after Champions are avalaible and PoPs starts to give tickets, champions are the more relevant source of income. Harem have only for the first days a relevant output of income.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bolitho76 said:

Ymen isn't a ressource you have to worry beyound lvl350. Selling equip provide you with more than enough Ymen to pay all needed things and allow to participate in most spending contests. Most Veterans have hughe amounts of Ymen laying around, allways growing and ignoring Harem income.

As a longtime f2p player I've to say: I don't have problems with to less Ymens even I don't collect Harem incom regulary in the last 3 years and before I collected only the income from the 5/6* for a longer time. Since PoPs are avalaible it's not a problem to drown in Ymen. Use one GPx10, sell the equip you gain and have more income than you gain from your full Harem at a day. From PoPs you can expect 9 GPx10 per day if you run them 3 times a day with at least lvl9. The breakpoint for equip will be the most relevant source for income is near lvl350. After the first days, after Champions are avalaible and PoPs starts to give tickets, champions are the more relevant source of income. Harem have only for the first days a relevant output of income.

In that case it would further bolster my case for making it a 1 button click, because it would become an irrelevant option otherwise. And why keep an irrelevant option in the game ya know?

I agree that it is irrelevant, at least from a certain level on, and I do not like irrelevant/dead feature in a game either. However, because it is irrelevant, it also does not really annoy anyone (aside of you currently, still not sure why) and is simply too unimportant for KK to deal with. There are a lot of dead currencies, inferior skill/booster/item/.. choices which no one should ever use, imbalances, which are totally obvious but were never addressed. The sense of quality and ambition to release and maintain a round product is fundamentally different between me and KK. Financial questions of course also play a role. Hence I would focus on reporting real bugs and problems/imbalances which are relevant and do cause players problems, unnecessary efforts or unfair situations. Even such are sadly rarely addressed, instead new buggy and imbalances features are added over and over, but that's another topic, sadly outside of our control.

• Like 2

Honestly, we're wasting time in this thread. The OP barely seems to understand the concept of paywalls and could not possibly have had worse timing in suddenly deciding to fight against the perceived unfairness of one insignificant old perk of the monthly subscription plans (for as low as €3/month, probably less if you purchase 6 months in bulk).

Right now the game's monetization in general and the latest Mega Event design in particular are more predatory and grossly unfair than anything we ever had before. Hundreds of real-world bucks are required to unlock some of the new monthly event girls. Champion fights give Xtals for the new P2W format, when doing champion fights in bulk requires at least the €30/month subscription (or it costs a shitload of kobans). Spending more gives you more points and getting more points in one 3-day contest gives you even more points in the next. It's beyond a slippery slope.

And REALLY, this is the time you've picked to start a clickbait feedback thread with "paywall" and "money" in the title? To complain about the barely noticeable dozen of million Ymens you can claim ~1-2 a day from your Harem (if you're a long-time veteran)? When selling a couple of GPx10 orbs worth of equipment or making one round of fights through your 7 champions gives you similar amounts of Ymens?

You're either a really nasty troll or someone desperately oblivious to what this game is about, and how grim the rampant predatory monetization is for most players. I'm closing this thread either way. Do NOT open another one. We heard your inane complaint, you were explained how inane it is multiple times by real players who actually know this game, and we saw you insist and nitpick beyond hope.

We don't have time for this shit.

23 hours ago, tactrix said:

But that further emphasizes my point.

22 hours ago, tactrix said:

In that case it would further bolster my case

On 9/7/2023 at 8:02 PM, tactrix said:

there's nothing you lose more time on in this game than collecting money 1 by 1 instead of pressing 1 button.

Facepalm oh no homer simpson GIF on GIFER - by Moogular

User was banned for a week for this intensive trolling. They'll be monitored by mods when/if they come back.

Edited by DvDivXXX
Mod edit: added information