Champions and girls equipment

OmerB

39 minutes ago, OmerB said:

Does RE bonuses (like for defences) affect champions fights?

Nope. Champion fights are played by the old battle system's rules (pre-"B.D.S.M"). No modern battle mechanics apply there, and ancient mechanics such as HC/CH/KH special hits do apply.

The only modern things that do have an impact, indirectly, are the ones that raise stats. So for instance, your hero having MG pieces equipped,  your drafted girls having GG pieces equipped, and/or their GS2s skilled up (the ones that give bonus KH/CH/HC stats), as well as Blessings, all those things make a difference for champion fights. But only for the stats.

Whether your Hero's MG set is Blue or Green or whatever else makes no difference, even if it matches the drafted girls. No GS has any impact except for GS2 because that's just raw stats, and no equipped GG piece with a matching pose or color or class bonus works either against champions.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

Nope. Champion fights are played by the old battle system's rules (pre-"B.D.S.M"). No modern battle mechanics apply there, and ancient mechanics such as HC/CH/KH special hits do apply.

The only modern things that do have an impact, indirectly, are the ones that raise stats. So for instance, your hero having MG pieces equipped,  your drafted girls having GG pieces equipped, and/or their GS2s skilled up (the ones that give bonus KH/CH/HC stats), as well as Blessings, all those things make a difference for champion fights. But only for the stats.

Whether your Hero's MG set is Blue or Green or whatever else makes no difference, even if it matches the drafted girls. No GS has any impact except for GS2 because that's just raw stats, and no equipped GG piece with a matching pose or color or class bonus works either against champions.

So supposedly, cordyceps shouldn't have any impact on champion fights?
I know that it's debated... 🤔

Edited by OmerB
  • Thinking 1

12 minutes ago, OmerB said:

So supposedly, cordyceps shouldn't have any impact on champion fights?
I know that it's debated... 

Why? No, they totally work in champion fights. All four regular boosters do. They interact with base battle mechanics that were already in place in the old system that's used in champion fights. If you have chlorellas equipped, your have more HP, if you have cordys, you have more attack etc.

I haven't seen this debated ever. Was it something in your club chat or on discord or something?

1 hour ago, DvDivXXX said:

Why? No, they totally work in champion fights. All four regular boosters do. They interact with base battle mechanics that were already in place in the old system that's used in champion fights. If you have chlorellas equipped, your have more HP, if you have cordys, you have more attack etc.

I haven't seen this debated ever. Was it something in your club chat or on discord or something?

Yes, mainly on my club's discord. My club leader claims that it's the best booster against champions too, while an appreciated club member claims that it does nothing against champions. I noticed that it (barely) makes a difference, and that ginsengs (which are called potions on CxH, as I'm more focused on it) are much better.

I know that cordyceps boost the team attack, in the BDSM based battles. They don't upgrade the girl stats, nor the hero base stats, so how do they affect champion fights?

Edited by OmerB
Edited about potions - ginseng
  • Juicy peach 1

1 hour ago, OmerB said:

I know that cordyceps boost the team attack, in the BDSM based battles. They don't upgrade the girl stats, nor the hero base stats, so how do they affect champion fights?

They increase the hero slash team's attack, which is a base mechanic we already had long before BDSM, as I said. That's pretty close to pure stats, although not of the HC/CH/KH variety. HP(Ego), Attack, Defense and Harmony all work the same everywhere, including in champion fights. Things that buff those directly apply against champions as well.

No special mechanics work, though. So for instance the Girl Skills that increase those values per hit during the fight, or that buff your team based on how many girls have the same trait, stuff like that only applies to BDSM fights, not against champions. But yeah, for all intents and purposes your HP or your Attack as they are when you enter the fight count as stats. Harmony (including from jujubes and/or ginsengs) also has an impact against champs. The one exception would be Defense specifically during a final stage run (the one that gives 10 Kisses at the end) since both yours and the champ's are reduced to 0 there.

1 hour ago, OmerB said:

My club leader claims that it's the best booster against champions too, while an appreciated club member claims that it does nothing against champions. I noticed that it (barely) makes a difference, and that potions are much better.

They're both wrong. You're kind of right for cordyceps.

Edit: Not sure what you mean by potions, though? I take it you're referring to the mythic booster that buffs you against champions, right? If so, I've only used one once and I didn't pay too much attention, so I'll take your word for it.

The best booster for champion fights in my experience would be ginseng, by very very far. Yes, even better than cordy. Whenever I'm in chill mode for PvP and  I'm using 4 gins to save up on cordys, I tend to score very noticeably higher than usual against all champions (including CC). The second best booster strictly for champion fights would be chlorella, because the higher your starting HP the longer you can last, the more times you hit the champ, the more points (and Ymens) you score.

Of course, it's a fair bit dependent on the champ's class, and therefore your drafted girls' class. Since it's using the old system's special hits, with only HC girls you have no means to mitigate or heal damage, but you hit like a truck in return, which makes cordy better. CH girls can more or less block damage for one round when their skill procs (kind of the ancestor of the GS5 "Stun"), and KH girls are by far the most durable as they heal you for a good amount when their skill triggers (kind of the ancestor of the LifeSteal skill from the Blue Element). Since the champ's girl is the only fighter and also has one of these skills based on her own class (which doesn't always match the champion's), this generally makes HC champ fights the hardest, then CH and then KH.

But in general, I would place cordy third behind both ginseng and chlorella against champions, and then technically jujube (though I'd never recommend using jujube on purpose).

Edited by DvDivXXX
updated
  • Like 1

Only the raw stats.

By the way, it only just clicked for me that by "RE" you meant "Recruit Equipment" (I guess?), which we cool kids refer to as "GG" (Girl Gear) instead. ^^ Prior to that post, I assumed you were speaking about "Resonance" bonuses more broadly (that term is also used for elemental bonuses and MG, not just GG). Either way, my answers apply: none of these mechanics that appeared long after Champions exist as far as champion fights are concerned.

Hope this makes it clearer for you:

image.png

----

EDIT: Damn... Now I'm having doubts. :D The Champion environment doesn't even "know" what Element a girl has, so my gut feeling is that at least the bonus based on a girl's elemental color shouldn't apply there. But Class and Pose are two notions that definitely apply in that environment, so these two bonuses might actually count.... After all, the Champion battle system doesn't technically show any GG piece either, but the extra raw stats given to a girl who has GG equipped definitely count (just like Blessings apply regardless of whether they're based on an element, a zodiac sign or any other attribute that shouldn't technically count for Champion fights).

So yeah, it would take a bit of testing to make extra super duper sure, but the three bonuses I've just crossed out in this screenshot might actually work. I honestly don't care enough about min-maxing my champ fights enough to move my GG pieces around to find out (I carefully distribute them among my PvP team, which I care about a lot more).

But you could make the test fairly easily. Just pick a current champion draft, give the same GG piece to one girl who matches the requirements for the bonuses, reload and note down how much that increased her attack power in the champion environment. Then remove that same piece and give it to another girl in the same team who doesn't match any of the criteria of the GG piece, and note down the increase it made for that girl. Then compare the two increases. If they're clearly different, then the resonance bonuses of GG pieces do apply; if they're the same, then they don't apply. Ideally, to make this clean and easy, pick two girls who have the exact same attack power without any GG piece.

If you do test it out, please let me know the result. I'm curious too now. ^^

PS: What I can say for sure is that no special BDSM mechanics apply. We don't get any LifeSteal either from our passive bonus (from how many Blue girls we own up to 100) or from drafting Blue girls, for instance. But now I'm wondering if elemental bonuses that just increase the good old stats might actually work even in champion fights. Like the extra HP(Ego) from Green, or the extra Attack from Dark for instance. I'm honestly no longer sure at this point!

Edited by DvDivXXX
updated

I just did a test, as I have Golden Lupa's Mom in my current Romero draft, who is also in my B.D.S.M. teams and fully equipped:

• Swapped a Level 7 mythic item with pose/AP resonance bonus against one without, and her AP shown on the champ remained unchanged: image.png.fbb7ae819acc6d4ca00bae6bf658d154.png
  • Then I unequipped the item, and her AP dropped: image.png.d63ef9476ac480c4a70cf036fa200da3.png
    So indeed the resonance bonuses do not apply, but the raw stats do.
  • Interesting would be to know whether the flat AP bonus of items does apply. So doing some math: A level 7 mythic gives +210 all stats (only the main stat should be relevant) and +53 flat AP. According to the performance handbook, the main stat gives 5 AP each point. Also I have 3 Cordyceps equipped, currently. Trying to get the above value from the below:
    237,411+(210*5+53)*1.3=238,844.9
    Not yet there. Ah, she is blessed this week with +20% all stats, so:
    237,411+(210*5*1.2+53)*1.3=239,117.9
    Yet another forgotten bonus: her tier 2 skill gives her +4% main stat, so:
    237,411+(210*5*1.2*1.04+53)*1.3=239,183.42
    Dammit still not there 😄. Does anyone have an idea what might be missing? Probably better to test with an unblessed unskilled girl.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks, but still not enought:
237,411+(210*5*1.2*1.04*1.07+53)*1.3=239302,6664

Whether the club bonus really applies to the individual girl stats as well, instead of the hero stats only, is another question in general 🤔. Actually thought its the hero stats only. There is a larger bonus missing somehow.

• Like 1