PVP 2 - Overall presentation Feedback

Jack_HH

Since the announcement is locked, I don't see a feedback topic already made and I really want to speak about the new features of the Tower of Fame, I took the liberty of opening a feedback topic.

This is what Kinkoid said:

Kinkoid

• Game Creator
  •  
  • Kinkoid
  • Administrators
  • 1,026 posts

Simple Classes

There will be a domination scheme which is a simple rock-paper-scissors mechanic, giving a Damage bonus to the dominating class. This will be implimented to give more identity to each class and a bit more depth to the PVP.

dominance2.JPG

Change Class

Players will be able to change their class if they don’t like it. There will be 1 free changes and after than 600 Kobans for each change. As the previous change will increase the importance of the class, we desire to give the opportunity to player to chose it. Giving him the ability during the tutorial, from our perspective would be a roadblock to the appreciation of the game, this is why we prefered to go with a random class that you can changes for free.

The reason that we will first implement a free changes is because we desire to impliment a more complexe system of classes within the game and at that moment, player will receive a second change for free.

Scaling Kobans for recharge and speed-up

Prices in Kobans calculations will change and they will be based on time needed to reach the full bar. Currently players always pay 240 Kobans for a full recharge of energy despite of the amount they need to fill-up the bar, and now it will cost 0.36 Kobans per minute, meaning for a full bar of 100 points it will be 270 Kobans; for 50 points it will be 135; for 25 points it will be 69 Kobans. The same thing for Combativity - maximum of 20 points will cost 216 Kobans but 10 points will cost 108 Kobans.

The Daily Missions instant finish prices will follow the same ‘cost per minute’ logic. Overall they will become a lot cheaper (~20 times cheaper). We desire to impliment this to avoid any player feeling that they are partially wasting their kobans while reloading their energy or their combativity.

Daily Challenge

To improve the different reward that are provided to you by playing the game and also create more inventives to play within the arena, we are planning to impliment Daily Challenge. Every day, players will be able to get cool small rewards for fighting other players during the day.

We expect also this to increase the overall activity during the day since player will need to do more than a few actions to receive their rewards.

IMG_08022018_180256_0.png

Tower of Fame v2

We consider that right now, the Tower of Fame is missing a lot of information and is also missing a lot of the interess that we wanted to provide when the game was launched. Right now, it is mostly a leaderboard defined by time and not by any other things. We consider that it is a bit strange that one of our main module displayed in the main menu of the game is not used as it deserves.

This first update of the ToF will introduce the different categories that players can compete in:

• Mojo
  • XP
  • Girls
  • PvP Wins
  • Troll Wins
  • ¥ Spent
  • Stat upgrades
  • Affection
  • Harem level

The weekly rankings and the rewards about it will come later. This will give us the time to see any issues regarding the registration of the information and eventually also will see the impact on the live server before implimenting something more complex.

Mojo Reset

Having the Mojo Ranking in the game since the beginning means a lot of players were farming and stacking a lot of Mojo for a long time. As you know, we're in the process making a lot of improvements to the PvP system and in order for all systems to work properly, we are putting an end of the Pre-ejaculation Era (meaning a reset of the Mojo Ranking) and we are setting the beginning of the Power-ejaculation Era with fairer competition in the Haremverse!

For all of your efforts, you will receive a Money Reward equal to your current Mojo amount multiplied by 20.
And more social rewards might come in the future.

In the spirit of this, we are making two more small changes:
- The Matchmaking will be re-adjusted so it is fairer for all players.
- Battles against Bots will always grant 1 Mojo.

At 14.03.2018, you can expect the start of a new, more exciting Era

Complex Classes (luck) & Luck Effect on Critical Hit Chance

To dephten even more the class system, as talked previously, there no longer will be Critical chance for everyone but Luck stat (it would probably be called Satisfaction flavor-wise). This stat will be just a number and not a percentage as the Critical chance was. This will give us the opportunity to give more importance to the critic chance in the items, dropping the 25% limit related to it, while, at the same time, provide more flavor to the "combat". According to each classes, the Luck will have provoke different effect/skill:

Hardcore will have Wildness (the Old Critical chance) : The damage of the attack will be doubled.

Charm will have Narcissism (Block chance) : The next attack from the opponent will do no damage.

Know-how will have Reassurance (Heal chance) : Instead of attacking, you will heal for the same amount of your attack.

Change Stats bonuses

To improve the overall balance of the game and make the fight more interesting, we desire to change how items and hero stats affect the battle so it is better to understand and calculate for the players. Also we are making the primary stat a bit less powerful compared to secondary and tertiary stat. 

For all the details, a more detailled patch notes will be delivered here.

Girls Aff & XP (won by battle)

Players will gain additional Aff & XP from the PvP battles for the girls that are selected in their battle team. As we desire to provide more affection for each active players, we think that the PvP would be a nice opportunity to help the players to upgrade their harem in a more interactive way than just purchasing gifts. Also, we think that this will incentivise players to use different team members to get the best of the rewards, consequently creating more interesting situations.

Wins in a row & Wins vs higher level

We will introduce additional conditions for the Daily Challenge so it is not “Win X battles” every day but has a bit of flavor. This will make things more interesting and provide a bit more strategy and agency.

Weekly Rewards in ToF

This feature is huge in terms of estimated value. Players will now have the opportunity to participate in Weekly Competitions for each of the ToF categories. Also there will be great rewards, especially for the top places in the ranking.

Top rewards will be in the range of:

• 2M in money, 2500 XP and great item OR
  • 5M in money and great item OR
  • 2100 Kobans and great item

Please remember that all the numbers posted here may be subject to change, we are just providing them in order to see the relevance of it

This will create a long term engagement within the system as the player will be interested to be rewarded by competing against each other.

Leagues System

This feature is targeted specifically at the players that like personal PvP competition. It will provide a 2-week 100 player leaderboard where it is free for all. Each player will be able to select a specific opponent to fight but only up to 3 times max, per member of the league, for the 2-week period. Whoever gets the most wins will get the best rewards and a promotion to the next league where there are bigger rewards. For a 100 level player, top prices will range from ~ 300 Kobans + 200.000 of money up to 1500 Kobans + 1M of money.

Please remember that all the numbers posted here may be subject to change, we are just providing them in order to see the relevance of it

Edited by Jack_HH

Many good ideas (finally) but I see two issues :

-the different criticals aren't balanced. Hardcore and charm are pretty much equivalent (I assume charm attach while blocking) as it gives a one hit advantage but know-how is disadvantaged. Even though the heal is worth more than 1 hit since it doesn't go through defense, it's not worth 2 times the opponent's damage (assuming his is equivalent to yours). So basicly this boost is less than a 1 hit advantage.

-displaying publicly how much every player spent in the game is dumb

Edited by Wizz
  • Like 1

"For all of your efforts, you will receive a Money Reward equal to your current Mojo amount multiplied by 20.
And more social rewards might come in the future."

Seriously, this monetary reward is way too low!!!

The number 200 in the world has around 200,000 mojo, that amount multiplied by 20 would give him $4 millions. I earn 4 millions in less than a week with my 74 girls harem and battling bosses. Is that what the number 200 in the world would be rewarded for years of fighting at the arena? Less than a week worth of money?

I think the reward money  should be, at the very least, Mojo x 100. That, or whatever social rewards we might receive should be insanely awesome, because the planned money reward is too low to be noticed. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Jack_HH said:

"For all of your efforts, you will receive a Money Reward equal to your current Mojo amount multiplied by 20.

The number 200 in the world has around 200,000 mojo, that amount multiplied by 20 would give him $4 millions. I earn 4 millions in less than a week with my 74 girls harem and battling bosses. Is that what the number 200 in the world would be rewarded for years of fighting at the arena? Less than a week worth of money?

I think the reward money  should be, at the very least, Mojo x 100. That, or whatever social rewards we might receive should be insanely awesome, because the planned money reward is too low to be noticed. 

I agree wih that.it took me 6 months to collect 86k mojo just to be rewarded 1,7 M...

yeah no kidding

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jack_HH said:

That's right. The monetary reward for an arena fight should be at least half one of a boss fight which bring around 20k. So if you take 10k-5k which is how much money you win per fight and divide by an average 20 mojo per fight (which is an overestimate), you get 250$ per mojo point.

Edited by Wizz

il y a une heure, Wizz a dit :

-the different criticals aren't balanced. Hardcore and charm are pretty much equivalent (I assume charm attach while blocking) as it gives a one hit advantage but know-how is disadvantaged. Even though the heal is worth more than 1 hit since it doesn't go through defense, it's not worth 2 times the opponent's damage (assuming his is equivalent to yours). So basicly this boost is less than a 1 hit advantage.

-displaying publicly how much every player spent in the game is dumb

Crit balance: It's a mistake in the presentation. It has been confirmed on discord that the Know-How ability will make the player attack AND heal, not just heal. So, the balancing is not that off.

Displaying money spent: it's not real money, but in-game money. I don't see any problem with that.

il y a une heure, Jack_HH a dit :

Yes, it's low, I agree. But in the other hand:

• today, Mojo brings nothing. So, people who invested in mojo knew it was a non profitable investment
  • if you're strong, you'll naturally position yourself high in the new mojo ranking, enabling you to get further rewards
  • it has been stated by the dev that current ranking in ToF will be saved in database and that once the Achievement system will be implemented, special achievements will be awarded to high ranking players, to commerate their achievement in the "old" ToF

So, in a nutshell, the conversion rate Mojo to money is kinda low, but you have to think about the problem globally

Edited by Tristelune

2 hours ago, Jack_HH said:

Hi, this is #105 in the world giving a thumbs up to your post :D Actually I made it to 99 while only being level 30, but slipped this week due to spending all combativity on bosses for event girls, and I dont fight arena (my goal was to get as high as I could on the tower while remaining as low a level as I could).  WAY to much time doing THOUSANDS of tower battles instead of winning contests and getting kobans.  WAY too much time trying to figure out how combat works so I could beat people on the tower that were twice my level.  And my reward for all my effort is an amount that is less than I spend on great pachinko during a single gambling contest.  Atleast if they paid me in kobans I could get girls from epic pachinkos.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

When they brought the changes in the combat system I tought it obvious that they had to reset the mojo sooner or later and that they would in some way compensate us for our loss of points.

Though I must admit instead of a conversion of 1 Mojo = 20 Money I hoped for a conversionrate of 1 Mojo = 1 Koban.

They should make a poll about it if we want Money or Koban for the Mojo. I would vote for Kobans.

Edited by GameRaven
spelling error
  • Like 2

Resetting the tower is complete crap for those of us who have worked hard to climb and are still active.  Instead, I am suggesting a degradation system be used.  If a person goes 1 day without fighting on the tower, they lose 32 mojo per day.  The amount lost per day doubles for each consecutive day without fighting on the tower.  After a week of not fighting, they will be losing over 2000 mojo per day.  After a couple weeks, they will be at the bottom of the ladder.  Eventually, anybody who is no longer active in the game but is still on the tower will find themselves falling off the ladder very quickly, but those that are still active will not be penalized.  I guess this could be capped a bit so that people who maybe only log on every couple weeks to see if more story has been added will not be hit too hard.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jack_HH said:

Girls Aff & XP (won by battle)

Players will gain additional Aff & XP from the PvP battles for the girls that are selected in their battle team. As we desire to provide more affection for each active players, we think that the PvP would be a nice opportunity to help the players to upgrade their harem in a more interactive way than just purchasing gifts. Also, we think that this will incentivise players to use different team members to get the best of the rewards, consequently creating more interesting situations.

Now THIS one is awesome. I really love this suggestion!! And I'm looking forward to this patch now.

13 minutes ago, GameRaven said:

When they brought the changes in the combat system I tought it obvious that they had to reset the mojo sooner or later and that they would in some way compensate us for our loss of points.

Though I must admit instead of a conversion of 1 Mojo = 20 Money I hoped for a conversionrate of 1 Mojo = 1 Koban.

They should make a poll about it if we want Money or Koban for the Mojo. I would vote for Kobans.

i'd love that. with ~156k kobans i could pachinko a lot of the awesome girls. but we all know this won't happen.

@all better be happy that you get something for a value that has been known as useless since the beginning.

1 hour ago, Chthugha said:

why not make it 1000x ;)

I know that you are half joking, but the answer is that for top rankers that extra cero is the difference between upgrading a girl from 4 to 5 stars to completely breaking the economics of the game.

32 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Hi, this is #105 in the world giving a thumbs up to your post :D Actually I made it to 99 while only being level 30, but slipped this week due to spending all combativity on bosses for event girls, and I dont fight arena (my goal was to get as high as I could on the tower while remaining as low a level as I could).  WAY to much time doing THOUSANDS of tower battles instead of winning contests and getting kobans.  WAY too much time trying to figure out how combat works so I could beat people on the tower that were twice my level.  And my reward for all my effort is an amount that is less than I spend on great pachinko during a single gambling contest.  Atleast if they paid me in kobans I could get girls from epic pachinkos.

I hope that if they really reset mojo, you could at least get a nice permanent badge for all that effort. 

• Like 1

About the Weekly Competitions/ToF and maybe even the League System...

Let's think about this for a moment. There are already people around willing to spend kobans to win 2/4 days contests (to get back less kobans that they have spent, ofc), so I'm pretty sure these are going to be pay-to-win contests dominated by those people and not that much fun as you may hope.

• Like 1

il y a 29 minutes, Jack_HH a dit :

I hope that if they really reset mojo, you could at least get a nice permanent badge for all that effort. 

As I mentionned above, it's on their to do list for when they will implement the "achievements" system.

• Like 1

Weekly Rewards in ToF :D I do not know if I read well, there will be rewards for each category?

This first update of the ToF will introduce the different categories that players can compete in:

• Mojo (great)
  • XP (I can not be the best since I completed the adventure....)
  • Girls (will be based on how many girls do you get a week?)
  • PvP Wins (great)
  • Troll Wins (well -Although now it does not make as much sense as it would have had with limit of 3 hours 20 minutes)
  • ¥ Spent (well ~)
  • Stat upgrades (well but I'm in the max in 2 stats I won't be able to compete correctly I'm afraid)
  • Affection (well If I already have the upgrade girls will only get new)
  • Harem level (well -who has all his girls level max would cry)

I'm afraid I can only compete in Mojo and PvP won but I find it incredible that they do that, definitely like theory :):$

Well, here is the thing. ToF currently (last I tried) needs a Combativity Point per battle whereas the Arena is free.

Now, while *I* don't really care, as long as Arena is free and I'm about I figger, WTH, try. BUT there are plenty who *do* care for Free Arena over costly ToF. So if restricting to ToF, it is unfair to Arena fighters. And vice versa.

If did care, or were to ever care were PvP to become worth my while, I should not be penalized in ranks and rewards because I only do the free Arena instead of spend points for ToF.

il y a 10 minutes, G0ku a dit :

Do you know when this will come in about?

As mentionned in the note, the reset, the categories and the overall rankings will be implemented next week.

As for the rewards and weekly ranking, it will happen a few weeks later, we have no official date yet.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Wizz said:

I agree. In addition the Know-how will be at disadvantage if the heal triggers on your first attack when there is nothing to heal.

Hardcore and Charm can trigger their advantage from round 1. Know-how can't. I liked the idea, but it will be hard to balance in a fair way.

Edited by Fiel

3 minutes ago, Fiel said:

I agree. In addition the Know-how will be at disadvantage if the heal triggers on your first attack when there is nothing to heal.

Hardcore and Charm can trigger their advantage from round 1. Know-how can't. I liked the idea, but it will be hard to balance in a fair way.

unless your ego can overflow :ph34r:
like with the daily arena quests; if you get 2 combativity as reward when you are on 19 or 20 (I know, it's farfetched), they will stack anyway. so you will go to 21 or 22 combativity.
if this know-how power does the same, then it isn't a disadvantage anymore.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Chthugha said:

unless your ego can overflow :ph34r:
like with the daily arena quests; if you get 2 combativity as reward when you are on 19 or 20 (I know, it's farfetched), they will stack anyway. so you will go to 21 or 22 combativity.
if this know-how power does the same, then it isn't a disadvantage anymore.

Wow that would truly be awesome. I had no idea the +2 Combativity reward was this well thought out.

This tells me the developers and beta testes are doing a really good job with developing the game.

1 minute ago, Fiel said:

Wow that would truly be awesome. I had no idea the +2 Combativity reward was this well thought out.

This tells me the developers and beta testes are doing a really good job with developing the game.

I encountered it in the beta testing :P
I was curious what would happen, and it surprised me in a positive way.