HH news from the discord server

Chthugha

6 hours ago, Blain said:

can we please keep this thread as more of a place for announcements 

ask questions in the Q&A forum that's why it's there

I figure news of that sort comes from the discord server first. So my question is more about news from the discord server than some point of order about how the game works. Might as well ask here where the target audience would be than some sub forum that I rarely visit and probably doesn't get the relevant traffic this thread does.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GeorgeMTO said:

I'll discuss with Chthugha whether we should keep this announcements only style, I'm uncaring either way.

No news on legendary event.

@Some other guy appears you clicked quote, not edit. I merged those two posts for you.

I meant edit. Good call.

I'd personally prefer announcements plus commentary, looking back the previous page it seems to work OK and it isn't as if this thread gets that much action. Also the PITA factor of having source material and discussion of said source material seems a bit much. It works well for the patch notes where you get an update and a thread open for that particular update but this thread seems more of a rumour mill [if well informed, TMZ not national enquirer]

However it isn't my call, so that is my 2 cents worth on credit card or 5 cents worth in cash as we in the Canadas don't have the penny any more.

Edited by Some other guy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Blain said:

can we please keep this thread as more of a place for announcements 

ask questions in the Q&A forum that's why it's there

1 hour ago, Some other guy said:

I figure news of that sort comes from the discord server first. So my question is more about news from the discord server than some point of order about how the game works. Might as well ask here where the target audience would be than some sub forum that I rarely visit and probably doesn't get the relevant traffic this thread does.

1 hour ago, GeorgeMTO said:

I'll discuss with Chthugha whether we should keep this announcements only style, I'm uncaring either way.

No news on legendary event.

@Some other guy appears you clicked quote, not edit. I merged those two posts for you.

announcment + discussion seems fine to me. but we really don't need actively asking things. we have some fast info sharers (natstar, george) and the doc (chthugha) posts everything else when the other 2 are offline. don't worry, you get your infos and you get them in time. if you want to actively ask for something you should better join the discord and ask a dev directly for yourself. if you happen to get a reasonable answer you can then put the info here. ;)

Edited by Habi
  • Like 1

The thread is pinned, so that tells me this is a thread that was intended to be especially noticed and read by the players. Allowing a lot of discussion in this thread will cause some of the helpful info to be lost in the discussion, and diminish the effectiveness of conveying the news from Discord in this forum. The other pinned threads in General Discussion are closed except Future FAQ, and the reason the creator of that thread left it open was to let players add questions that were going to be considered for a future FAQ

There's plenty of space below the pinned threads for a discussion thread, about the news from Discord that's posted in the pinned thread. Organized and easier to read, n'est pas?

• Like 4

additional infos:

in the french news the calendar says "legendary DAYS revival".
statements from dragonfire, the community manager on the french discord:

• event will last from 17.8.2018 5am (gmt+2) until 21.8.2018 5am (gmt+2), so it's 4 days or 96 hours.
  • the reason why they do it (so fast) (google translated): "We want to give all players in our community the opportunity to get them, understand that we have new players every day. While other players have not had the chance to get them. We want to give this chance back."

with those additions it's pretty clear that it's about the 3 legendary days girls (1, 2 or even all 3 is yet unknown). we will receive an official announcement in time. (i assume on monday 6th or 13th)

Edited by Habi
  • Like 2

I'm just waiting for the outrage to hit now.  I mean gives me a chance again at levitia the only one I don't have, and lasts a day longer it looks like, but MAN are some people gonna be upset they don't feel special they got these 'one time exclusive' girls.  Too bad almost everyone it tapped on kobans, right after the anniversery. 

This is very much planned marketing strategy here.  Make people spend lots of kobans on the legendary days event.  Then spend a lot on the anniversery.  And now the legendary days revival if they haven't drained us, and try to get us to spend some actual money.

Personally I'm just grateful for a second chance at levitia just because I'm sure I'd want her from some of the poses I've seen.

• Like 1

I stand corrected then. They need a better way to present the info on these calendars, maybe a second bar that says exactly how many day or hours events will run.  I liked the edit that a discord member did last time with the 'reset' added as well.  And again this shouldn't all just be in the french side of the news section that the extra info is in, but I'm grateful to the users that relay this info to us.

• Like 3

So much for legendaries being a one time thing only. I got all three and no regrets on spending the kobans on them but still.

Don't really understand the difference between the old three and just going with another 3 over the next 3 events, something everyone can play at.

If I new this, I would have spent my remaining kobans on the last event, try to knock the last girl from Silvanus.

I am far from cutting myself to deal with the feels, but at the same time I am no where near jizzing myself in my pants over this either.

I guess I am more, I feel like opening banks, making over priced chocolate and fine precision clocks and watches mode.

1 hour ago, trunks2585 said:

I stand corrected then. They need a better way to present the info on these calendars, maybe a second bar that says exactly how many day or hours events will run.  I liked the edit that a discord member did last time with the 'reset' added as well.

When you know how it works it's easy, we need to remove a part from the 1st day and another one from the last. As you can see also the Tanned skin event cover 15 calendar days and the revival 8, but we know that those events run for 14 and 7 days.

But i agree, these calendars are very ambiguous.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, trunks2585 said:

I stand corrected then. They need a better way to present the info on these calendars, maybe a second bar that says exactly how many day or hours events will run.  I liked the edit that a discord member did last time with the 'reset' added as well.  And again this shouldn't all just be in the french side of the news section that the extra info is in, but I'm grateful to the users that relay this info to us.

7 hours ago, Daniele said:

When you know how it works it's easy, we need to remove a part from the 1st day and another one from the last. As you can see also the Tanned skin event cover 15 calendar days and the revival 8, but we know that those events run for 14 and 7 days.

But i agree, these calendars are very ambiguous.

i agree that the calendars are still ambiguous. especially for new players who don't already know the scheme. BUT this is the first time ever that the ambiguity of the calendar is CONSISTENT! every event is displayed on every day where it is active the whole day or just a part of the day. like you said, they cover 15/8/5 days (while they last 14/7/4 days or 336/168/96 hours). it's time to celebrate! xD

Edited by Habi
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Daniele said:

@Eman We will have 6 days without events, read the last 2 posts before yours.

And about the legendary revival, we already know what it will be, read JessieChan's topic:

Damn it! I can't believe I falled in that trap. Thanks, mate.

Six isn't so bad and, if you have the legendary girl (or girls) and/or the girls from the revival event, then it's not so crowded anymore.

2 hours ago, DHarry said:

So soon the legendary revival. It was just 4 months ago Levitya came out. Well, so much for exclusive or 1 time only nonsense. 

I only got Norou. I became HC because of it. Not sure what to think of this. 

you became hardcore, because you only got Norou :D
I think you mean know-how (KH).