Patch-Notes 18/04/18 Discussion

11 hours ago, Peckerbird said:

This seems really odd and counter-intuitive, but Noemy's know-how stats are good enough not to dent attack power for know-how too much and she adds a lot to charm defence.  I noticed a big difference as soon as I made the change.  She's only at 4 stars at the moment, but I'll be upgrading her soon.  I have a feeling Kalissa may also be really useful once she's upgraded (that's going to cost me an extortionate sum!).  So, while I've been bitching about how charm has been unfairly favoured in both the assignment of classes to world reward girls and to the attack power allocated to charm girls, I'm in the peculiar position of being able to use two of their girls against them (I think Abrael may prove useful in the same way for HC players).

Noemy's charm stat is useless for you. You are KH, your Noemy's KH stat is 984.5, so if you use her as beta/omega she adds 1280 (984.5 × 1.3) to your attack & defence (all defences, not only charm) when she enter in battle. The same will be with Kalissa, Abrael or any other girl.

But you're right, now that battles are longer beta and omega are really important.

Edited by Daniele

1 hour ago, YoyoHH said:

However, it's all pointless imo.  Until they introduce the tower competitions and leagues, you are a fool to skip any battle, even one in which you are almost sure to lose.  Remember, you lose nothing if you lose (mojo is not a thing)

Actually you gain something if you lose. You lose mojo and the lower mojo is the more you will get when you win future matches and the less you will lose which will be very useful potentially if they have mojo based competitions and leagues.

If I were not giving up 4K in cash and items as well as aff and xp for girls I'd probably swipe out all my equipment and tank as hard as I can mojo wise until they bring in tower comps and leagues. But alas that cash, items, xp and affection keeps me going. Depending on awards it might be worth tanking at some point. I've played facebook games where things were structured so that players would tank down and advance all the time. It was "differently abled" but the game is what the game is.

Great analytical work Jelom. And I think the pre-fight predictability is one of the major improvements that came with this patch.

However as soon as absolute numbers are used it all becomes lvl dependant. As small as 20.000 HP difference may be to a lvl 230 player, it is quite significant to a lvl 30 player. But that's only a minor comment and players should be able to benefit from your work regardless. And since defence appears to be calculated differently since the patch (just swap around different girls pre-fight and see the defence value change) it might be worth playing around with the girls some more. Even if their attack contributor may not be the best, a (big) plus to defence just might make the difference between win or loose.

5 hours ago, aaaaaaaacccc said:

Are you saying that there are going to be quests/missions based on PvP not just on number of wins, which is stupid enough, but on mojo gain? Was there a discord contest for coming up with the worst ideas?

I get the impression that there will be leaderboards based on all or most of the different stats on the tower. There was detailed in an announcement but the award amounts and details are still being decided upon. Don't you remember the announcement, it wasn't that long ago, IIRC around the time they reset everyone's mojo.

Not such a bad idea, people complain that PvP is near pointless, it will generate some glee for the more persistent players. At the very least it doesn't really harm anyone. I know I am sex nuts and retard strong for the idea depending on how they implement it.

5 hours ago, aaaaaaaacccc said:

Are you saying that there are going to be quests/missions based on PvP not just on number of wins, which is stupid enough, but on mojo gain? Was there a discord contest for coming up with the worst ideas?

Mojo and the other stuff that is ranked in the tower of fame will give better rewards based on your rank on them in the future since currently, you get nothing for your rank in tower of fame but the high ranks for mojo and pvp wins will just go to the players that use kobans to play more games so it would have been better if they had just increased the rewards for contests since you're less likely to get a koban user in a contest of 50 players than the tower of fame which has every player ranked in it in the game which has thousands of players.

A quest based on mojo gain is pointless because pvp wins does the same thing

10 hours ago, YoyoHH said:

Interesting.  I have also seen a big dropoff in the randomness of fights and can predict with astonishing accuracy pre-fight whether I will win or lose (and I just eyeball the stats, nothing nearly as complex or precise as what you've done).  If I really wanted to nitpick, I would point out your "total hit advantage is 10 rounds divided by 2" is pretty broad.  Different girls have different excitement levels, and will reach orgasm at different points, bringing beta and omega girls into the fight at wildly different points.  In addition, the procs of heals/blocks vs crits mean that fight durations vary quite a bit, and certain fights will have beta/omega girls heavily contributing and others almost not at all.  Not knocking your algorithm, I haven't seen anything like this before, just pointing out it's still a just a really good guess and far from a numerical certainty.

However, it's all pointless imo.  Until they introduce the tower competitions and leagues, you are a fool to skip any battle, even one in which you are almost sure to lose.  Remember, you lose nothing if you lose (mojo is not a thing).  But if you get really lucky and pull out a win, you get some goodies.  You lose 100% of the fights you skip.

Thanks for the comment YoyoHH. The calculations in my post seems more complicated explained than when I done mentally before the battle, and of course is only a rough estimate I do i nsome occasions, I analized a number of battles to verify that the numbers could work before posting here, but i usually go with simpler estimations.

About the duration of the fight, the ten rounds is aproximate, some times the battle drags on for more rounds.  As you recommend, my policy was to never skip a battle pre-patch; because of the randomness you could win even a very stronger plager. Post-patch I only remember two times where I have not battled a player, but because they surpassed me largely in every aspect including harmony (luck).

3 hours ago, dirty harry said:

Great analytical work Jelom. And I think the pre-fight predictability is one of the major improvements that came with this patch.

However as soon as absolute numbers are used it all becomes lvl dependant. As small as 20.000 HP difference may be to a lvl 230 player, it is quite significant to a lvl 30 player. But that's only a minor comment and players should be able to benefit from your work regardless. And since defence appears to be calculated differently since the patch (just swap around different girls pre-fight and see the defence value change) it might be worth playing around with the girls some more. Even if their attack contributor may not be the best, a (big) plus to defence just might make the difference between win or loose.

I agree with you about the better predictability. Regarding the player level, I have done it for level 200-230 who are the ones I usually see. I haven't thought about it for very low levels, but surely it must be adjusted.

I have swapped girls in those days, to get aff and exp to level new girls, and to see how the battle worked with different speciality girls, losing some battles at first, but overall I think that until now the best defense is still a good attack maximizing your main stat and ego, although a maximized defense and harmony could work well for charm players.

5 hours ago, dirty harry said:

As far as I've seen the betas and omegas is calculated in the same way as before. They give 1,3* main stat to both defense and attack (which in my opinion is totally unintuitive, should give defense from the same stat imo) so if you are charm and set a HC girl as beta, her charm stat will give both attack and defense. Since it's not the girls main stat you will always end up with a lower value by setting off class girls as betas and omegas. The only real reason to use off girls is to get that class crit special ability.

You're probably right in that attack is still the best defence.

But since defence is now displayed pre-fight I wonder when it kicks in. Directly, or when beta comes into play? If the latter is true, wouldn't that give incorrect information about defence for (at least part of) the battle?

I will add that I don't play with a calculator in hand, though I do like to do some data logging every now and then just to confirm or debunk a hunch I get.

Edited by dirty harry

1 hour ago, dirty harry said:

You're probably right in that attack is still the best defence.

But since defence is now displayed pre-fight I wonder when it kicks in. Directly, or when beta comes into play? If the latter is true, wouldn't that give false information about defence for (at least part of) the battle?

I will add that I don't play with a calculator in hand, though I do like to do some data logging every now and then just to confirm or debunk a hunch I might get.

Not really sure what you mean. Defense was displayed before patch too. You have three different defense values, on for only alpha, one for A+B and one for A+B+O.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Ady66 said:

Not really sure what you mean. Defense was displayed before patch too. You have three different defense values, on for only alpha, one for A+B and one for A+B+O.

Oooh, now I see. It's in the range. Never looked at it in detail. Learned a little. Thx

Edited by dirty harry

On 21.4.2018 at 12:55 PM, Peckerbird said:

[...]On another matter, has anyone noticed a fall off in drop rate for girls?[...]

At least it feels like it.

I'm trying since the patch to get 1 of the 3 regular girls for a new world (5) now.

And no luck so far.

Where i was able to get 1 girl every 3 days before.

Could just be bad luck of course, but so far i had quite the good statistic with 1 girl/3 days no matter if regular or event girls. (Until the recent patch that is)

The drop rates for the girls have fallen over significantly, plus there seems to be a bug or something since the new patch has come out. There have been instances when I was about to acquire a girl from the troll bosses when out of the blue it got changed into money. At first, I thought it was just a glitch or something but when it happened few more times I frustrated out. Now, even the Easter event came out which I was waiting for eagerly, but seeing what has happened in the past, I'd be thoroughly disappointed if that same thing happens again.

18 minutes ago, Crayonickle said:

There have been instances when I was about to acquire a girl from the troll bosses when out of the blue it got changed into money. At first, I thought it was just a glitch or something but when it happened few more times I frustrated out.

I have also seen this behavior. In my case it doesn't even go to the money. I will win the boss battle and I get the dark screen like it is about to show me a silhouette and it immediately goes back to the adventure screen. No award is given. Unfortunately I have not recorded any of those fights yet.

Edited by PlusIon

When I first came here at HH last year ... - I found HH as a fun and easy game ! .... - Now I have to be rocket scientist, to calculate 1000 things :(

My advise to the game creators ... - Forget all those complicated rules, and focus on the fun in collecting the girls for the harem ... and get them upgraded ...

Make HH easy and fun to play ... - Be generous in all aspect of the game ... - That will inspire us players to use real money on this game .... - We feel that we have success in the game, and like to invest in Kobans - to get  the best equipment and the new fantastic girls ..

I can read that all those changes to the game is part of big plan for HH ! ... - But every new pact have made me think of stop playing the game ... - All those restrictions in how to play -  and a felling that I am playing against a bot, generated to make the game hard to play and me to lose ... I don´t like that at all !

I came her for the fun and the sexy story ... - The fun in get the girls and gain XP,  mojo and money to buy equipment and upgrade my girls ... - Now I feel it too complicated to get money and when the rules changes all the time ... Its not possible to make any strategy or know what to buy ... - And I don´t like to see items that have worse stats that the ones I already have ... - I am level 222 - and some of my items from level 150 ,,, Have better stats than those I can buy in the shop !!

Please get back on the right track ... - Make a funny and easy game to play ... - a sexy universe that don´t take fighting that serious .... 

Edited by Jaxcom
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, PlusIon said:

I have also seen this behavior. In my case it doesn't even go to the money. I will win the boss battle and I get the dark screen like it is about to show me a silhouette and it immediately goes back to the adventure screen. No award is given. Unfortunately I have not recorded any of those fights yet.

The new patch has really messed up the game.

1 hour ago, Jaxcom said:

When I first came here at HH last year ... - I found HH as a fun and easy game ! .... - Now I have to be rocket scientist, to calculate 1000 things :(

My advise to the game creators ... - Forget all those complicated rules, and focus on the fun in collecting the girls for the harem ... and get them upgraded ...

Make HH easy and fun to play ... - Be generous in all aspect of the game ... - That will inspire us players to use real money on this game .... - We feel that we have success in the game, and like to invest in Kobans - to get  the best equipment and the new fantastic girls ..

I can read that all those changes to the game is part of big plan for HH ! ... - But every new pact have made me think of stop playing the game ... - All those restrictions in how to play -  and a felling that I am playing against a bot, generated to make the game hard to play and me to lose ... I don´t like that at all !

I came her for the fun and the sexy story ... - The fun in get the girls and gain XP,  mojo and money to buy equipment and upgrade my girls ... - Now I feel it too complicated to get money and when the rules changes all the time ... Its not possible to make any strategy or know what to buy ... - And I don´t like to see items that have worse stats that the ones I already have ... - I am level 222 - and some of my items from level 150 ,,, Have better stats than those I can buy in the shop !!

Please get back on the right track ... - Make a funny and easy game to play ... - a sexy universe that don´t take fighting that serious .... 

I also wish the same thing to happen.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Crayonickle said:

The new patch has really messed up the game.

And it doesn't help that Koban cost went from 150 to above 200 to buy more combative points and it also doesn't help that you need to wait half an hour for just 1 point. I like the idea of using 1 point instead of 2 points for combative, but time is so limited and chances of winning a new girl are from "too low" to "unhighly possible." I know it's suppose to be a "challenge," but they're making it TOO HARD of a challenge for some individuals, like me.

5 minutes ago, Samuel Green said:

And it doesn't help that Koban cost went from 150 to above 200 to buy more combative points and it also doesn't help that you need to wait half an hour for just 1 point. I like the idea of using 1 point instead of 2 points for combative, but time is so limited and chances of winning a new girl are from "too low" to "unhighly possible." I know it's suppose to be a "challenge," but they're making it TOO HARD of a challenge for some individuals, like me.

This is exactly the reason why putting out all those small patches is the wrong way to go.
They planned this from the start: you would get 10 villain battles from the 20 points, and you paid 150 kobans for that.
Now you pay 216 kobans for a refill of 20 points that gives you 20 villain battles.
It's just that they patched the koban change later, even though it belongs together with the combativity change.

• Like 3

On 4/18/2018 at 10:15 AM, JessieChan said:

We are happy to see that you are active, yet, we would like that you wait for our official FAQ before you state your own calculations, for sometimes they can be a bit wrong and maybe harm other players. We are going to prepare the FAQ shortly.

Best,
Jessie Kinkoid

The developers need to follow up on this statement.  The patch has been out for a week, and the community still has a ton of questions about it.  The harmony system appears to be broken (special attacks not firing at the correct percentages, special attacks firing when the class girl isn't present).  The 20% class bonus appears to be gone.  A lot of conflicting information and opinions throughout this thread.  The FAQ should have been prepared before the patch, and the fact that we're still waiting is ridiculous.

The Legendary thread had a ton of feedback, concerns, and questions - and the developers ignored it and just moved on to other things.  This thread, likewise, has had a ton of feedback and is overflowing with legitimate questions and concerns that deserve answers.  I'm wondering where is FAQ that we were told to wait for?

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Chthugha said:

12 hours ago, Chthugha said:

This is exactly the reason why putting out all those small patches is the wrong way to go.
They planned this from the start: you would get 10 villain battles from the 20 points, and you paid 150 kobans for that.
Now you pay 216 kobans for a refill of 20 points that gives you 20 villain battles.
It's just that they patched the koban change later, even though it belongs together with the combativity change.

What comes to say is what we all think: 20 fights in 10 hours is a bit ridiculous
  Do you have to enter every 10 minutes to do another mission and when do they end up watching 30 minutes to do something while collecting coins from your harem?
Before with 20 minutes it was already long waiting, now I begin to wish there was a pool of harem coins to enter only every 10 hours and not feel bored looking at a window with your account back