EASTER REVIVAL - HAVE WE OVERCOOKED THE EVENT THING?

Adrian'smole

This will be the first event (revival or otherwise) where I will not be taking part.  I am not going back to Dark Lord or Gruntt - with the major loss of income this involves - to try for girls that don't interest my sense of aesthetics.  While I think Hari is pretty and cute, I find her less so in her Easter version than in her Winter Chill version, and I've never followed that cougar MILF.

I'm on the cusp of completing Princess Noemy's final upgrade in my two oldest know-how accounts and this time I will not be swayed.  I still have Samane's final upgrade to complete, too.

I'm finding so many events in quick succession a real curse and they have distracted me from maintaining my much-neglected harems in all my accounts.  I'm paying for such neglect in my hardcore accounts where I had focused too much on trying for girls rather than upgrading my harems and properly equipping them for battle.  I'm not competitive in PvP and my HC girls are not up to the mark (not having Levitya and the original Justine in both harems is a huge handicap).  My equipment is garbage too and I've found nothing in the market so far that would meet my needs.  So I'm at a hiatus until something drastically improves.  Therefore, it's battling Bremen, Finalmecia or that new tentacled creature that will be my focus in all accounts.

So... I wonder if other members share my rather jaundiced views and whether any of you also plan to effectively boycott this revival.  I somehow doubt there will be many of us, especially those, like me in three accounts, who have only this new world in which to claim regular random drops.  The addiction to getting girls is probably pretty strong and I may be tempted to have a go.  Tie me to the bed and beat me if I do so!  Oooh, did that come out right!?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Adrian'smole said:

I'm on the cusp of completing Princess Noemy's final upgrade in my two oldest know-how accounts and this time I will not be swayed.  I still have Samane's final upgrade to complete, too.

You say that as if your on a time limit, "No time to do the event, I got to upgrade my current girls" Game is not going anywhere, Get the girls when you can and upgrade them when you can.

1 minute ago, Kamira said:

You say that as if your on a time limit, "No time to do the event, I got to upgrade my current girls" Game is not going anywhere, Get the girls when you can and upgrade them when you can.

Fine if the events didn't come so thick and fast.  I was one who pressed for more events but there needs to be more of a happy medium - strictly my opinion, mind you.

As for time limit, in three accounts I went right through the last event battling Dark Lord for no success.  I'm not risking the same outcome for this one.  And as regards time from another angle, I can (we all can) pick and choose what events to try for.  In this event I have chosen to abstain, like a good dude for Lent, and wait until something better comes along.

Just another thing, too, I checked the stats of these two girls (well one girl and one... whatever) and they would do nothing to increase my team's competiveness in battle.  For my HC accounts, if another Justine came along I might've felt differently.  What's on offer is what finally swayed my decision.

If you detected a level of disillusionment in my tone you'd be right.  My two hardcore harems need work and a lot of TLC, not more girls until I can bring them up to scratch.  I feel very sorry for them and I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to leave me... Lol.

13 minutes ago, Lemus said:

"In Girls We Trust" - so i'm gona fight DL & Gruntt till the end.

upd - Lucky me got Hari, so time to focus on Gruntt.:D

Yes, and good on you.  I mean that.  If you're new to the game then you have every incentive to do so because battling them won't cost you much, but it costs me dearly and I have other priorities.  The only one who interests me is Easter Bunny (I love her to bits in all her forms), but she's in Epic Pachinko and I won't have enough kobans to seriously try for her.

I'm hopeful some of the equipment I'll get at the end will be good in HC to help me overcome crap PvP performances and to get me ready for a fully levelled-up Finalmecia so she won't beat me.  As it is, this is likely to happen too often in both HC accounts so I think you might appreciate where I'm coming from.  There is more to this game than just collecting girls, although this aspect is heavily promoted at the game's beginning.

So far with my views the count is mine zero, others two, so my opinions don't hold a lot of weight to date.  I don't mind either way.

1 hour ago, Adrian'smole said:

This will be the first event (revival or otherwise) where I will not be taking part.  I am not going back to Dark Lord or Gruntt - with the major loss of income this involves - to try for girls that don't interest my sense of aesthetics.  While I think Hari is pretty and cute, I find her less so in her Easter version than in her Winter Chill version, and I've never followed that cougar MILF.

I'm finding so many events in quick succession a real curse and they have distracted me from maintaining my much-neglected harems in all my accounts.  I'm paying for such neglect in my hardcore accounts where I had focused too much on trying for girls rather than upgrading my harems and properly equipping them for battle.  I'm not competitive in PvP and my HC girls are not up to the mark (not having Levitya and the original Justine in both harems is a huge handicap).  My equipment is garbage too and I've found nothing in the market so far that would meet my needs.  So I'm at a hiatus until something drastically improves.  Therefore, it's battling Bremen, Finalmecia or that new tentacled creature that will be my focus in all accounts.

So... I wonder if other members share my rather jaundiced views and whether any of you also plan to effectively boycott this revival.  I somehow doubt there will be many of us, especially those, like me in three accounts, who have only this new world in which to claim regular random drops.  The addiction to getting girls is probably pretty strong and I may be tempted to have a go.  Tie me to the bed and beat me if I do so!  Oooh, did that come out right!?

if you do not want to participate in an event, you do not have to. You're right that your income is falling drastically. but you always have the chance to get new girls. I share your opinion that you have to do something with a drop of income. But participation in the event is voluntary. it's just your decision. I personally love all the girls from this event. especially the mother's bunny, but unfortunately she's only in EP. but Hari and Rabbi are great too. And the event does not last two weeks, which makes me sad. So:

dear RNG GOD. Share your energy with me. And let luck always be with me

2 minutes ago, fap.titans.gra said:

if you do not want to participate in an event, you do not have to. You're right that your income is falling drastically. but you always have the chance to get new girls. I share your opinion that you have to do something with a drop of income. But participation in the event is voluntary. it's just your decision. I personally love all the girls from this event. especially the mother's bunny, but unfortunately she's only in EP. but Hari and Rabbi are great too. And the event does not last two weeks, which makes me sad. So:

dear RNG GOD. Share your energy with me. And let luck always be with me

That's: for my views 0, against 3.  My ego is becoming rather bruised!  Once I've finally upgraded Princess Noemy for my know-how accounts I may change my mind and give them a try.  In one account I'm saving up my kobans to upgrade Samane to 5 stars (19.1m using money is simply impossible for me) so Epic Pachinko is off the table here.

In case you're wondering why I've chosen to upgrade a charm girl for a know-how account, Noemy has pretty useful know-how stats and she adds a lot to charm stats for defence, which is what has happened when I'm using her at 4 stars.  I can see the change in much reduced ego depletion against a lot of opponents when she comes on.  I can win against some opponents at seemingly impossible odds.  This may change, however, once I manage to upgrade Samane to her 5th star and I may not need Noemy anymore, but this is some time off.  In this new arena system, the battles go on for longer bringing beta and omega girls very much into play, making our choices of them of vital importance.  Hence Noemy for me.

You're absolutely right...  We have a choice.  I've spelt out mine and I was just wondering if others share it.  So far not.

Interesting that your taste in girls is so different from mine.  I'm not into the milf one little bit, but love Easter Bunny (Bunny does it for me every time and in other accounts I have three versions of her to compare - I've never been disappointed).  I have Hari in her Snowboard version and Rabbi as the secretary.  To my mind they're hotter than their Easter versions.  Snowboard Hari is absurdly cutie-pie pretty and one of the best girls ever on offer and Secretary Rabbi is seriously smoking hot - my opinion again that others may not share.

6 minutes ago, Adrian'smole said:

Interesting that your taste in girls is so different from mine.  I'm not into the milf one little bit, but love Easter Bunny (Bunny does it for me every time and in other accounts I have three versions of her to compare - I've never been disappointed).  I have Hari in her Snowboard version and Rabbi as the secretary.  To my mind they're hotter than their Easter versions.  Snowboard Hari is absurdly cutie-pie pretty and one of the best girls ever on offer and Secretary Rabbi is seriously smoking hot - my opinion again that others may not share.

I also love all versions of the bunny family. I think that these are some of the best thought out, drawn, sexiest characters in all of HH. The creators really did a good job.

As someone with less than a month on the game (showed up 1 day to late to get Captain Haremverse :( ) I'll all for re-runs but at the same time I can see how the events 'could' get a bit draining. Still what can be done other than merging events (have other bosses dropping the older girls) in which case the event length or drop rates would need re-balancing if players were to be able to 'catch them all' in one event.

I agree with some other players, I'm not that keen about this event,  and I am trying to raise $19 million to give Levitya her 5th star

The drop of income from fighting Dark Lord and Gruntt is just to much, besides there will be other events and other girls:D

what a strange complaint.... they are giving us new girls and you are complaining... you know you dont have to battle for them right? you can let US enjoy the new girls? 

Also we also get more kobans for daily missions, even if you dont want the girls you also get rewarded with extra kobans for just playing the daily stuff, and we might get something cool at the end... 

Seriously this might be the Strangers most weird post ive ever seen in this forum. literally complaining because the mods gave us more stuff to do and to have as rewards. wow dude... wow.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Thrans said:

As someone with less than a month on the game (showed up 1 day to late to get Captain Haremverse :( ) I'll all for re-runs but at the same time I can see how the events 'could' get a bit draining. Still what can be done other than merging events (have other bosses dropping the older girls) in which case the event length or drop rates would need re-balancing if players were to be able to 'catch them all' in one event.

Sorry you missed out on Captain Haremverse.  A number of members have criticised her, but she's pretty amazing to my eyes, especially her Latina looks, with her pretty smile and lovely eyes in her naked last affection profile image.  I'm not sure if what you're suggesting would work, but it's worth debating.  Another suggestion was made to start a new account (using a different email address) and dedicate this to upgrading your potentially best battle team girls rather than participating in events.  This is easier said than done and remember you may still collect regular random drop girls whether you want to or not if you are farming the trolls for income.

You're the type of person who would definitely benefit from events, being new to the game with lots of girls to collect.  Beware of too many girls early on though.  Remember that it costs progressively more to upgrade your girls' affection as they are added to your harem, both in terms of the gift purchases needed and the final upgrade for each affection star.  In this discussion I refer only to girls upgradable to 5 stars.  Remember, too, that your girls' affection upgrades and their XP level determines their battle stats, which is why affection upgrade costs are important to you.  It's a real dilemma because more girls (and especially upgraded girls) mean a greater harem payout and this is pretty low when you start out, so it's perfectly natural to want to collect more girls to provide more income.  I would still focus on the trolls though for your source, even though it now takes 10 hours to recharge combativity for battles.

If you are hardcore, you have only two worthwhile upgrade choices at the moment: Bunny and Fairy.  Fairy is available only when you reach the second-to-last quest of World 7.  This means that if you've collected a lot of girls in the meantime (regular or event) it's going to cost you plenty by the time you come to upgrade Fairy (far more than you'd ever gain from having more girls in your harem).  Ankyo doesn't really count since there are a number of 3-star girls with better stats in battle than her.

If you're know-how things are a lot easier with Red Battler and Princess Agate available to you quite early on (and Princess Agate's 5 star stats are certainly a really good start for your team).  Then there is Samane who is the most powerful know-how girl you can get and she comes at a world before Fairy.  That means know-how players are 3 to 1 better off before HC players get Fairy.

For Charm, you have the very best range of choices available to you.  Early on, there's Juliette, then Jennie (World 3) and later Abrael (charm's most powerful girl of these three).  It is easiest to upgrade the first two charm girls based on their likely position in your harem, but if you get a lot of event girls in the meantime (quite apart from normal random drops - 3 per world possible), you can find that upgrading (say) Abrael is very costly and you have to make difficult choices, as has happened to me with Samane and my decision to forego this event.  When you get to Kalissa in world 8 things are more expensive again and I'm finding her next to impossible to upgrade, even more so than Samane.  Charmers looking to upgrade their prize, Lenaelle (end of World 9), face prohibitive costs.  All this is despite the claim that HH were going to address this eniquity facing players with a lot of girls in their harems.  They might've done so but only to a point.  There was a big outcry when players realised just how much it would cost to upgrade Samane to 5 stars (in my case 19.1m).

At the moment, if you're hardcore the choices for you are stark and difficult.  You haven't got Levitya in a drop and she's hardcore's current prize.  So, assuming you're hardcore, you have Bunny and Fairy (with Ankyo to provide you with the cash) and none of the HC girls available in this event offer much in the way of decent battle stats.  If you are, indeed, hardcore, I would think seriously about delaying trying for girls until you have Fairy then you can go for your life.  Once you have her, her upgrade costs are fixed.  Then there's that option of starting a new account.  With one started already, you will learn in advance of when a new event is due and time the start of your new game to that.  If you think managing two accounts is hard try managing six!  I can do it, but it's a struggle.  Why did I do it?  I inherited three from the females in this household who became disillusioned with the game.  Being females I wasn't surprised!  I wasn't going to let three good accounts go to waste and it gives me the options of foregoing events as I've discussed.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, jyepie said:

what a strange complaint.... they are giving us new girls and you are complaining... you know you dont have to battle for them right? you can let US enjoy the new girls? 

Also we also get more kobans for daily missions, even if you dont want the girls you also get rewarded with extra kobans for just playing the daily stuff, and we might get something cool at the end... 

Seriously this might be the Strangers most weird post ive ever seen in this forum. literally complaining because the mods gave us more stuff to do and to have as rewards. wow dude... wow.

That's zero for and five against.  I might start crying soon!

You can enjoy the girls all you want but just realise there are costs to you for your choices.  I found this the hard way and is why I posted what I did.  I guess these choices are part of the enjoyment of the game with its complexity with so many strands to play for.  I think this is why it's so popular.  Getting girls is just one aspect.

Let you guys enjoy the game?  But of course.  I'm not stopping you, nor am I trying to.  We all have different points of view and long live this perspective.  I just wanted to add something a little different to think about based on my own experience (and some of my pwn wrong choices in the game).

• Thinking 1

27 minutes ago, casey said:

I agree with some other players, I'm not that keen about this event,  and I am trying to raise $19 million to give Levitya her 5th star

The drop of income from fighting Dark Lord and Gruntt is just to much, besides there will be other events and other girls:D

Yay!! One in support.  Thank you!  You're brave indeed.  You should read some of what was posted against my idea.  I'm the same as you with Samane and the same amount of cash needed.

Before all these events it was quite easy to save up (plus we had more chances to battle the trolls - and to earn more cash - than we do now).  The term 'spoilt for choice' - with the emphasis on spoilt - applies here.  HOWEVER, most do not agree with us, but that's okay.  It's a free world (and game).

In two of my accounts, my harems have literally almost doubled in size since Christmas.  I've been playing since June last year.  This should tell you everything, including what a slow learner I've been and how bad I am at practising what I preach (addicted as I've been in getting girls)...Lol!

I have 68 girls in this account but I know of players with over a 100!  I have all the regular random drop girls I can collect (before World 10 opened for me, that is) and I wouldn't be able to collect enough girls in Epic Pachinko to add up to 100 girls.  I have no idea how they did it because they hadn't started playing that long before me.  But there you are!  It must cost them an arm and a leg to upgrade their latest girls!  They probably buy kobans to do so, plus they must've paid to recharge combativity lots to try for the girls, and to play Epic Pachinko a lot.

If it makes you feel better, I know there are a few other people that said they don't try to persue every girl, stating similar reasons.  I think it came up a few times in the legendary girl thread.

Personally, I feel the game has tried to put the idea of 'gotta catch them all' inside our head like pokemon, but hasn't supplied us with the mechanics and rewards to make doing that worth it, and this is a talking point we've been over many times, reduced income in pursuing events needs to be addressed or people will stop doing events.

I'm in a similar position to you honestly.  I'm only a few million away from maxing abreal, and I don't really care for bunnies sisters, the only one I'm even slightly interested in is EB, but I've sworn not to spend any kobans till I finish clearing out boss girls after I got burned by pulling edna (in the same month PoR was released non the less, so I really don't want to repeat a similar situation).

Yet my mindset is a little different.  We know there is an eventual ceiling of rising costs, we'll all hit it eventually and start working towards a break even point on income from our harem, so I just go after every girl telling myself even at 0 or 1 star they are helping my income.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, trunks2585 said:

If it makes you feel better, I know there are a few other people that said they don't try to persue every girl, stating similar reasons.  I think it came up a few times in the legendary girl thread.

Personally, I feel the game has tried to put the idea of 'gotta catch them all' inside our head like pokemon, but hasn't supplied us with the mechanics and rewards to make doing that worth it, and this is a talking point we've been over many times, reduced income in pursuing events needs to be addressed or people will stop doing events.

I'm in a similar position to you honestly.  I'm only a few million away from maxing abreal, and I don't really care for bunnies sisters, the only one I'm even slightly interested in is EB, but I've sworn not to spend any kobans till I finish clearing out boss girls after I got burned by pulling edna (in the same month PoR was released non the less, so I really don't want to repeat a similar situation).

Yet my mindset is a little different.  We know there is an eventual ceiling of rising costs, we'll all hit it eventually and start working towards a break even point on income from our harem, so I just go after every girl telling myself even at 0 or 1 star they are helping my income.

That's a very wise and well thought out answer.  With this ceiling on upgrade costs, I read somewhere it's after the twentieth girl.  This is most definitely not the case.  I'm the same as you re. Edna.  I got her in a HC account, but in my case long before PoR, but she proved really handy in the arena with very creditable HC stats.  Until Fairy was upgraded to her 4th star she was a really handy beta.  I agree with your assessment on the ceiling, though.  I wonder if, in my case, it will apply to this new collection of freaky weirdos we are now expected to try for.  I haven't got any of them yet.

I agree with you entirely re. Easter Bunny.  I love Bunny in all her forms and I'm convinced the artist has a fascination with her as she is nearly always well drawn with great expression and role play.  AND she's pretty hot and sexy too.  She also loves our hero (not just for his cock) and this comes across throughout the story and in those Loving Moments daily missions where she appeared.  She's the alpha and omega girl in one (our first and last) and HH's front girl.

We all play differently. I follow tha "gotta catch them all"-thingie even if it has little to no support from the devs. So even if I miss out on money I always go after the girls in the events. Why? Because money is always available and will at some point loose it's value (ie when all girls are at max affection), but girls won't always be available. So I try to get them when opportunity rises, regardless of what my plans were before. I can always scramble my 19 mil for Abrael at a later point.

Just now, Ady66 said:

We all play differently. I follow tha "gotta catch them all"-thingie even if it has little to no support from the devs. So even if I miss out on money I always go after the girls in the events. Why? Because money is always available and will at some point loose it's value (ie when all girls are at max affection), but girls won't always be available. So I try to get them when opportunity rises, regardless of what my plans were before. I can always scramble my 19 mil for Abrael at a later point.

Fair enough!  I hope this strategy pays off for you.  It didn't for me.

I don't see any other point to this game other than getting the next girl, regardless of how she is obtained. There is no end goal financial reward in this game - to my knowledge anyway. The strategy of upgrading girls to win PvP battles is only for the purpose of winning kobans, regardless of the player level, for the purpose of gaining more girls through Epic Packinko. Same end result really. Just depends if you like the look of the event girls enough to be interested in fighting the lower level bosses.  I've spent two months fighting Donatien with no drop. I'll welcome any girl drop right now. As mentioned before, this game is not time limited, if I am prepared to play long enough, I'll keep gaining new girls regardless the level I am at. 

I don't fight for all event girl that appear. I tend to ignore most of the girls in alternate costumes. I didn't fight for halloween Juliette, winter agate, spring shehera and spring rumiko. Bunny is a exception, I always fight for her.

In this event I'll try hard for Rabbi since I don't have her in any other costume. Also, Grunt already has 1 regular drop for me so I might end up getting her too. I'm not sure if I'll fight for Hari because I already got her in that snowboard version, it depends on the time it takes to get Rabbi.

Despite what I posted earlier about not participating in this Easter event, the fact of the matter is the main goal of this game is to accumulate as many

girls / harem members as possible so govern yourselves accordingly.9_9

the devs have stated that they 100% want to give each girl 5 stars and while that will get crazy expensive, imagine how much even just the boss girls will increase our income and once the ceiling is reached each new girl will be faster to upgrade than the last.

I have almost 50 girls and exactly 1 of them is pachinko only so once I get the girls from all the bosses (not trying again  until then) I'll need kobans which are much more valuable than money

I understand why dark Lord always has a girl during events, access to new players and whatnot but maybe they could start having one of the girls on the highest boss and only 2 in pachinko.

19 minutes ago, Crimson scale said:

the devs have stated that they 100% want to give each girl 5 stars and while that will get crazy expensive, imagine how much even just the boss girls will increase our income and once the ceiling is reached each new girl will be faster to upgrade than the last.

I have almost 50 girls and exactly 1 of them is pachinko only so once I get the girls from all the bosses (not trying again  until then) I'll need kobans which are much more valuable than money

I understand why dark Lord always has a girl during events, access to new players and whatnot but maybe they could start having one of the girls on the highest boss and only 2 in pachinko.

Not sure why people are insisting on newer players to get opportunities for event girls. When I was new and had gotten to world 2-3 I didn't even know there were events, let alone participating. The only reason I would get an event girl at that point would be dumb luck. I really don't see a reason for event girls being attributed to higher bosses, they really should. Also, as new players theres so many other thing to do, so grinding events isn't really where you'd want to be.

• Like 1