Girl Rarity

shepwgu

Per the future notes, there are updates coming applying rarity levels to girls. Doing a quick analysis based on the list it looks like the way rarity will be distributed going forward is:

Legendary: All specifically designated Legendary girls (Levita) and a single Epic Pachinco exclusive girl from each event will be the legendary girls.

Epic: All other Pachinko exclusive girls whether event or standard pachinko are Epic.

Rare: All "free" event girls. That is all event girls that can be acquired fighting bosses or through completing event missions. Plus the boss drop of Mavin from world 10 for some reason.

Common: Standard boss drop girls and story girls are common except where noted elsewhere.

Starter: The core 4 girls are here along with Dark Lord's normal drops.

• Thanks 1

Yeah, this is something with the potential to destroy the entire game if done incorrectly. This way epics and legendaries are only obtainable through spending moneys and will make pvp totally broken if legendaries and epics have better stats than others. If thats the case lots of players will leave.

• Like 4

This is a kick in the ass to everyone who spent thousands of kobans on Levitya and now there should be 10+ auto bestowed legendary girls (for anyone who has them).

Plus it will give them the opportunity to bleed more kobans out of people.

Edited by sentinel003

They have the entire list on what girls will go into the different.rarity types in the link below so if you have any of those girls in your harem then you should upgrade them because the cost will go up when they're upgraded to legendary girls also you get one spin of epic pachinko a month to play epic pachinko and if you waited until you had all the boss girls before doing epic pachinko you would not waste your spin on getting a boss girl. 

il y a 55 minutes, sentinel003 a dit :

This is a kick in the ass to everyone who spent thousands of kobans on Levitya and now there should be 10+ auto bestowed legendary girls (for anyone who has them).

That's incorrect. Levitya has a tremendous advantage over all the legendary girls mentionned in this note: she can rise up to 5 stars.

So, as the stats of all the girls will be reworked, a 5 stars Levitya will stand has the strongest girl in the game along the legendary girl that will be made available during May legendary days.

Edited by Tristelune

I dunno if it was written mistakenly or not, but for some reason Gwenaelle is under Epic Girls while one of the event pachinko girls, Music Sylvia, is under Rare Girls. That was the only oddity I noticed besides Mavin.

Anyway, it's kind of a shame Easter Bunny is Legendary instead of Bunny's Mother. It would've looked nicer if it went Bunny > Loving Bunny > Easter Bunny > Bunny's Mother IMO. Plus, Bunny's Mother is easily one of my favorite girls and just so happens to be the only event pachinko girl I have so it would've been cool if she was Legendary.

13 minutes ago, Tristelune said:

That's incorrect. Levitya has a tremendous advantage over all the legendary girls mentionned in this note: she can rise up to 5 stars.

So, as the stats of all the girls will be reworked, a 5 stars Levitya will stand has the strongest girl in the game along the legendary girl that will be made available during May legendary days.

Yeah, and let's not pretend event pachinko girls are that easy to get either. It's only 1/3 per event, and even that's only after you've cleared the pachinko of all boss and permanent pachinko girls first.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ady66 said:

Yeah, this is something with the potential to destroy the entire game if done incorrectly. This way epics and legendaries are only obtainable through spending moneys and will make pvp totally broken if legendaries and epics have better stats than others. If thats the case lots of players will leave.

I want to evaluate first hand the change, but I will be one of them if my supposition is confirmed. And not because of the kobans-grab part.

They arbitrarily choose to nullify the effort of the players until now to build a valuable PvP build by completely changing the stats of the girls. And that "upgrading and affection" revamped system is also a huge big middle finger for those who actually go hard to get those 5-stars affection upgrades just to see the girl become useless because it is now a Starter or a Common one. And that won't probably help that much the game's economy either.

The new harem page seems nice and the sorting button is well needed, but nothing will work if the game is gradually becoming worse.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Ady66 said:

Yes, there is the potential here to further kick a heck of a lot of hardcore players, especially, in the guts.  Those HC players lucky enough to get Levitya will be further rewarded, but the rest of us have to stick with Bunny and Fairy (maybe Edna of the girls not in EP - or those who won Justine during the Back to School event, if we were lucky) and have their values reduced because the first two are 'common'.  Forget Ankyo.  Her stats are so pathetic already that she can be put in the upper-middle category of 3 star girls.

I have pleaded and pleaded with Kinkoid and others to rebalance the stats for the readily obtainable 5 star girls to make the game even remotely fair for hardcore players, but not a peep out of him or others.  I'm starting to get really shitty about it and may be booted off the forum unless I restrain myself :D.

So we now have all the hype about changes to the harem, but nothing to address the very basic iniquity referred to above.  It's not as if they can't do it.  There was a major rebalance last year and this had the effect of penalising know-how players (affecting Solveig and Mountain Sophie for example), so it can be corrected again.  Since Fairy, both world reward girls have been charm (Kalissa and Lenaelle).  If Shina ends up being charm too we will know for sure there is a conspiracy of bias at play - if we haven't worked it out already.

The contrasts between my know-how and hardcore accounts in arena battles is stark.  In my know-how accounts I haven't needed to manually increase my personal stats to remain competitive, but I had to for hardcore.  Furthermore, I had to do this for my highest HC account if I am ever to beat Finalmecia when she's fully levelled up.  The difference can be explained by the fact that I have only two potential 5 star hardcore girls in my harem (apart from Ankyo whose stats are so pathetic she can be disregarded).  If I can afford the 19.1m cash to complete Fairy's final upgrade she will still currently offer attack power of up to only 9.9k (compared with Samane's or Abrael's 11.1k).  It sounds like this will be further knocked back under the new rarity ranking system in favour of those HC players lucky enough to get Levitya.  I've yet to come to grips with the changes, but they sound pretty arcane to me and, like you implied, I remain both sceptical and cynical.

While it's not there yet, I agree that there has been a steady evolution towards a cash-grab in this game and I will be one of those who would leave if this comes to pass.  I am ultimately looking towards supporting the game, but through the Patreon route, not through coercion and manipulation in some kind of 'loot box' system through which we would be expected to spend real money if we are to ever advance through the game at any more than a crawl (I have quit other games that do this).  Overall, it's an excellent game and deserves to be supported (as HH need to earn money), but I want to be able to choose how to do this.

I'm not sure how to achieve a balance between fairness in the game and the need for HH to remain commercially viable...  Maybe a good proportion of DLC, as well as major game upgrades, that we can purchase (and this would mean much less internet traffic and less of this current strain on HH's servers), or an online subscription model.  There are some real fishhooks, though, with either option and a lot of players will leave unless it is fairly managed and promoted.

• Like 1

The real problem I have with this is this is the kind of design choice that should have been made from the beginning of the game.  I'll admit many games I play function in a similar way, giving whatever you fight with a rarity and a affiliation on a rock paper scissors triangle of power.  That being said, again this is something that should have been planned from the start, and if you don't build the game with this mindset from the beginning, it will get very umbalanced as one affiliation will have better girls over another.  And as pointed out, this has the potential to screw over a lot of players.  I just got abrael upgraded to 5 stars a few days ago.  And now she's going to be rated as a common?  Guess we'll have to see over time how well a 5 star common does against a 3 star legendary.

This is just one more push to p2w gameplay, and yes it is p2w now that pvp is being pushed so hard and the best girls will be ones you have to pull for.  Here's to hoping the test servers give enough feedback to make a fair balance or pvp will just continue to get ignored as 'not worth my time'.

I will end this on a positive note.  I do look forward to the added flavor text and info on the girls, some nice little details that I'll appreciate.

4 minutes ago, trunks2585 said:

The real problem I have with this is this is the kind of design choice that should have been made from the beginning of the game.  I'll admit many games I play function in a similar way, giving whatever you fight with a rarity and a affiliation on a rock paper scissors triangle of power.  That being said, again this is something that should have been planned from the start, and if you don't build the game with this mindset from the beginning, it will get very umbalanced as one affiliation will have better girls over another.  And as pointed out, this has the potential to screw over a lot of players.  I just got abrael upgraded to 5 stars a few days ago.  And now she's going to be rated as a common?  Guess we'll have to see over time how well a 5 star common does against a 3 star legendary.

This is just one more push to p2w gameplay, and yes it is p2w now that pvp is being pushed so hard and the best girls will be ones you have to pull for.  Here's to hoping the test servers give enough feedback to make a fair balance or pvp will just continue to get ignored as 'not worth my time'.

I will end this on a positive note.  I do look forward to the added flavor text and info on the girls, some nice little details that I'll appreciate.

Yes, Alicia Carott and her mother, Louise...  Perhaps, too, some stats on boob size (and especially whether they are natural or augmented :D - may as well extend the 'cattle market' analogy).  No, seriously, I agree that this is an interesting and positive addition.  It would be interesting to know how to really satisfy their romantic sides (eg meal, alcohol and gift preferences) with the possibility of upping their affection more and faster and have them want to fuck us more often and harder if we are able to meet these (great workouts for the arenas!).  So, in addition to the regular gifts and books we could buy their favourite food, drinks and a wider range of gifts.  Probably too complicated, but perhaps a thought.

I'm still trying to work out whether Bunny and her sisters are were-Leporids or, more specifically, were-rabbits as stated.  I ask this trivial pursuit question because their names are a hint: Hari (hare?), Rabbi (rabbit?) and, of course, bunny.  Of, course, if they are of the same family they would have to be rabbits, unless Hari was adopted (Rabbi looks to be the adopted one, though, according to her skin colour - or her mother had an experience with a BBC).  The taxonomic family Leporidae includes all the hares and rabbits.

I also agree that many of these basic aspects to the playing of the game should've been factored in right at the beginning.  You have Abraël (and so I assume you are charm).  Think what this might mean for hardcore players with Bunny and Fairy as 'common'.  Charmers trounce hardcore in the dominance triangle anyway so this introduction was a further knockback to hardcore.

In neither of my hardcore games do I have Levitya.  I have her in all my know-how games so she has little value for these on my battle teams.  Yes, there is a huge risk that a strong element of unfairness will be introduced, like: "To those who have, more shall be given.  To those who have not more shall be taken away." - to bastardise the scriptures out of all context!

6 hours ago, natstar said:

They have the entire list on what girls will go into the different.rarity types in the link below so if you have any of those girls in your harem then you should upgrade them because the cost will go up when they're upgraded to legendary girls also you get one spin of epic pachinko a month to play epic pachinko and if you waited until you had all the boss girls before doing epic pachinko you would not waste your spin on getting a boss girl. 

Lucky for me, then, that I've already maxed out Loving Virginia.  However, I have her in the wrong class for that account so it probably won't matter.  She's the only legendary girl I have, apart from Levitya, and I'm working to upgrade Levitya as quickly as I can in the know-how account that I intending changing to hardcore.

Edited by Zorba the Geek
bad grammar

Found something as I went thought the rarity type . A few names which don't exist on the harem-battle.club site.These could be the names for the girls in this Mech event.

Rare: Nuladva, Lemia, Pilot Ankyo

Epic: Plavala, Noella

Legendary: Sabine

Edited by OtherFire

There are three things that immediately occurred to me upon reading about Girl Rarity.

1) Is Alicia Carrot Bunny's legal name???

2) None of my current 71 girls are Legendary, which just figures.

3) I strongly disagree with the implication that Dark Lord's harem girls are "Starters", considering I had several Epic girls before I could get any of them to drop... If a girl's rarity is based on how hard she is to get, then in my book, all of Dark Lord's "Starter" girls should be Epic...

And to disagree with one earlier point: supposedly, you don't HAVE to spend money to get a Legendary girl, but IS more likely you'd have one if you spent money. Granted, I don't pay money and I don't have a Legendary girl, but in theory, you could either get lucky in Epic Pachinko, or if you won enough contests and played Epic Pachinko enough, you should be able to get a Legendary girl.  In theory. Mind you, I keep saying in theory, because again, I don't have a Legendary girl. Now, I would be curious to know how many people never paid money, have multiple Legendary girls despite that, and got them through Epic Pachinko. I mean, there have to some somewhere... in theory.  At this point, I wouldn't even oppose the addition of a girl who could only be obtained with a player's first payment. That would certainly be better than a Legendary girl you paid money for and DIDN'T get...

• Haha 1

Wow.  Just wow.

You once again have completely boned your loyal player base.  This is game-breaking if not accompanied by a reset.

When this goes live, all girls should be reset to 0 stars and all previously spent affection and cash refunded to the player.  Then let the player redistribute the affection and cash according to the new system.  Players made decisions on how to spend their affection, money, and KOBANS based upon the system you designed and implemented.  Affection and money that took months to acquire.  Now you are saying the system is going to be completely turned upside down, yet the players are stuck with the decisions they made based on the old system.  If the dev team had any integrity at all the girls need to be reset.  That's the price of this obvious money grab update.  You think I'm overreacting?  Ask all the players who spent 20 million dollars upgrading Abrael and Samane to 5 stars.

But they won't reset the girls.  Affection and money have been effectively wasted on common girls, and the dev team has proven time and time again that they have no integrity.  This is beeeeeeeeeeeep of the highest magnitude.

Beautiful new aesthetic changes and an excellent update to the harem setup.  Too bad these are 100% irrelevant in comparison to the complete beeeeeeeep on the girls' affection and power level.  Maybe if you EVER read the players' feedback you'd have some clue as to what the community wants out of the game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, YoyoHH said:

Wow.  Just wow.

You once again have completely boned your loyal player base.  This is game-breaking if not accompanied by a reset.

When this goes live, all girls should be reset to 0 stars and all previously spent affection and cash refunded to the player.  Then let the player redistribute the affection and cash according to the new system.  Players made decisions on how to spend their affection, money, and KOBANS based upon the system you designed and implemented.  Affection and money that took months to acquire.  Now you are saying the system is going to be completely turned upside down, yet the players are stuck with the decisions they made based on the old system.  If the dev team had any integrity at all the girls need to be reset.  That's the price of this obvious money grab update.  You think I'm overreacting?  Ask all the players who spent 20 million dollars upgrading Abrael and Samane to 5 stars.

But they won't reset the girls.  Affection and money have been effectively wasted on common girls, and the dev team has proven time and time again that they have no integrity.  This is beeeeeeeeeeeep of the highest magnitude.

Beautiful new aesthetic changes and an excellent update to the harem setup.  Too bad these are 100% irrelevant in comparison to the complete beeeeeeeep on the girls' affection and power level.  Maybe if you EVER read the players' feedback you'd have some clue as to what the community wants out of the game.

I get you are mad, but you might wanna edit your post to tone out the swearing.  That's been getting cracked down on, just trying to look out for ya.

Is there an ETA on the changes. It would be good to know how much time we have before things go down. As it seems legendary will be more expensive to upgrade and common less so, it would be wise if possible to get whatsherface the HC winged legend girl to 5 stars before the change if that is possible.

Also I use the lists on the wiki page to determine which girls to focus on. Both from a money perspective and comparing where they max out at 400th level/max starage

Seems the changes will make those entries useless until they are updated assuming they are.

I really hope if they change they will provide us with a way of seeing what girl is better than the other, other than leveling all of them up to max in which case it's too late, or recording level 1/base affection for which it is also too late for anyone with leveled girls.

In short, we need stats to compare which girl is better to work up and they should be in game and not via some third party wiki.

2 hours ago, GarfEild said:

And to disagree with one earlier point: supposedly, you don't HAVE to spend money to get a Legendary girl, but IS more likely you'd have one if you spent money. Granted, I don't pay money and I don't have a Legendary girl, but in theory, you could either get lucky in Epic Pachinko, or if you won enough contests and played Epic Pachinko enough, you should be able to get a Legendary girl.  In theory. Mind you, I keep saying in theory, because again, I don't have a Legendary girl. Now, I would be curious to know how many people never paid money, have multiple Legendary girls despite that, and got them through Epic Pachinko. I mean, there have to some somewhere... in theory.  At this point, I wouldn't even oppose the addition of a girl who could only be obtained with a player's first payment. That would certainly be better than a Legendary girl you paid money for and DIDN'T get...

I got one:

image.png.77ddad0179d892b9a6d28af8e03f5da7.png

I have never paid real money in the game (considering the exchange rate in my country, it would be impossible), but I did spend more than 21,600 kobans that I saved for months to get her. And that was last year, when there were 1/3 of the regular epic pachinko girls we have today. Now, I think it's almost impossible to get one of these legendary girls without paying with cash.

I guess I should be happy that I was able to get one, and one of my same specialty, none the less. Actually, I am happy that my favorite girl just got upgraded, but at the same time, I have always been a big Vechta fan, and I already had some kobans saved to try and get her on next October, and she just seems to be getting further and further away.

On another topic, I am really happy that we are having a new interface that will allow us to rearrange the order of our haremettes. I have been asking for this since the girls were rearranged depending on their upgrade's costs, and I'm happy to see that our pleas were answered... on that specific subject... :P

1 hour ago, YoyoHH said:

Lol, this is toned down.  You should have seen the first draft...

If this is what we get to read for your second draft, then strongly consider a third. Along with maybe a step back from what is just a game. Spend time with some pets, enjoy the park, maybe some macrame or something else calming. It might just be me, but you're coming across lately as a one-note critic. Everything's either something Kinkoid's done spectacularly wrong or something they did right that by the way is completely overshadowed by whatever you think they've done spectacularly wrong.

Persistent franchises frequently come to decision points where they have to do something that torques off the older players or something that torques off the newcomers. World of Warcraft had it; so did nearly every AAA release I've ever played. It's actually common to lean toward the newer players if it's a design change or a business model change. This is not necessarily a middle finger to the veterans. It's more of a "heatseeker tax". Remember that the veterans often had earlier access to the content. They've been enjoying it longer. They will get memories that newer players will never have. They also chewed on the mechanics until they unlocked the content they wanted. If the developers notice a problem with those mechanics, the only way to fix it is to make the path somehow easier for newcomers, which is screwing over every veteran who spent all that time previously, but that's how a heatseeker tax works.

Yes, WoW would routinely refund talent points whenever they redesigned a class. That's not an obligation to every game maker, though. And acting like it is is not what would motivate me to satisfy it if I were a developer.

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, Adrian'smole said:

So we now have all the hype about changes to the harem, but nothing to address the very basic iniquity referred to above.  It's not as if they can't do it.  There was a major rebalance last year and this had the effect of penalising know-how players (affecting Solveig and Mountain Sophie for example), so it can be corrected again.  Since Fairy, both world reward girls have been charm (Kalissa and Lenaelle).  If Shina ends up being charm too we will know for sure there is a conspiracy of bias at play - if we haven't worked it out already.

I already made a post about this in the spoilers from discord thread.
Shina is a know-how girl.