Open letter to the devs/admins regarding your latest fiasco

imoenbg1

Dear devs,

I was harbouring some hope that even after your complete failure in the first Legendary event you will still make up for it afterwards. Well, now all hopes are dashed. I thought it can't get any worse. Colour me surprised.

The fact you changed the class of the second legendary girl from Charm to Know= How is rather unexpected and quite unfortunate. Not only that but it proves you are liars. And considering your company is based in Bulgaria (and subject to Bulgarian and European law I would like to point out as well) all of your behaviour is borderline fraudulent.

Let me explain.

First you announced the Legendary days (in a preview spoiler) around the end of April (in the upcoming events for May). Then you stated several times the girl will be charm. Several times (including in your news announcing the events which is yet to be corrected). And just yesterday you stated you are FORCED to change her class.

You were forced to do nothing. You CHOSE to make some goody-eyes to your Know-How population after it was pointed out that they are lacking a legendary girl until December. And by doing this you alienated half of your charm population (or more). However, you are entitled to do that. But not without reprecussions.

You see, most of the charm population that likes to be prepared was already preparing. Affection items were bought and kobans were restocked. Something quite many people would not have done had they known the girl is KH (using it for simplicity). And you are telling me now that you were FORCED? Enough of this bullshit.

All of your behaviour amounts to false advertising and fraudulent behaviour. Because you misled the populace and community and changed everything in the last possible moment. So unless you provide said community with an apology AND a guaranteed way toget that girl (yes, my character is charm, and yes i still want her) I would consider you what you are - liars. All this fiasco should make you listen to your community and take notes.

Let me repeat myself - you have to compensate the player base AND provide us with a guaranteed way to get that girl. Anything else is simply as I said - BULLSHIT.

You may want to look at  your Terms of Use again. Your company is based in Bulgaria (which is still part of the European Union). I believe I am right to consider that any dispute regarding to your services is governed by Bulgarian law (and the appropriate European law if it supercedes it) :) So I reckon The Bulgarian Customer protection Bureau will be more than happy to hear about your statements.

Best regards,

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Thinking 3
  • Sad 2

I think, could be wrong, that you're the only person so upset by the class change from charm to know-how. I'm a charm player too and even I can see how horribly favoured charm class 5 star girls are. Of 13(now 14) 5 star girls 6 of them are charm, almost half. Ankyo barely counts cause most 3 star girls have higher stats. Add to that how the majority of people are reporting significantly better drop rates than Levitya and the addition of affection items with a decent drop rate and this legendary event is miles better than the last. These events, and world maps really should be rotating classes or else there will be no incentive to play as anything other than charm.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Uh look man, I get being upset with the devs, but let's pick our fights a little bit better than this?  I mean look at what they've done since february, including what many of us consider to be false advertising on drop rates on the first legendary girls event, and THIS is what you are choosing to pick a fight over?  I certainly consider many things done as of late including not showing drop rates to be questionable in terms of legality, but this?  No, not when they even corrected themselves before the event (even if it was last minute).  I think you're just trying to make a mountain out of a molehill so you can get the girl easy.  Drop rates aren't looking too bad this time, just try playing for her and save the whistle blowing for later if you see some really bad reports of 1000 fights or so with no girl or legendary gifts.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I don't think the word fiasco means what you think it means.

18 minutes ago, Oliver66 said:

I think, could be wrong, that you're the only person so upset by the class change from charm to know-how. I'm a charm player too and even I can see how horribly favoured charm class 5 star girls are. Of 13(now 14) 5 star girls 6 of them are charm, almost half. Ankyo barely counts cause most 3 star girls have higher stats. Add to that how the majority of people are reporting significantly better drop rates than Levitya and the addition of affection items with a decent drop rate and this legendary event is miles better than the last. These events, and world maps really should be rotating classes or else there will be no incentive to play as anything other than charm.

What this guy said.

Also, oh noes, you will have to wait a month or two. Oh the pain, oh the misery. Waiting a month or two and gather resources to 5 star the girl, of if you already have them, you won't lose them.

I am HC and I don't think I was alone in wondering why Charm was getting the next girl over KW considering the depth of the Charm field. [Although the Alpha is the most important so number one over Alice.

If they do bring in rarity before the charm girl comes out in a month or two, I can see you being a bit pissed off about it.

As a charm player I understand it was disappointing that they changed her class, but they did update the announcement about it though be it last minute. I don't like that they are being secretive about the reasoning but we can't do anything about that. I do not however think this needs to be escalated to the point you are wanting to take it. We will get our legendary girl in a couple months so honestly its just more time to save kobans. also at the moment we have the most 5star girls in the game giving us a benefit until the rarity update. I think you should calm down and look at this a little differently. either way good luck.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Arcana's Fate said:

Les faits sont les suivants : Norou a toujours été prévue SF, c'est donc une erreur du patchnote qui l'a annoncée charme, la logique initiale ayant été que les Journées légendaires charme devaient avoir lieu avant les SF. Je pense donc qu'il s'agit plutôt d'un souci de communication interne, et comme souvent je regrette le manque de transparence des K pour l'admettre et nous expliquer simplement ce qui s'est passé.

This was posted in the french section. As far as I understand this crazy language (which isn't too much) they swapped the events but forgot that this will swap the speciaity too in the patch notes? 

il y a 2 minutes, dsfs a dit :

This was posted in the french section. As far as I understand this crazy language (which isn't too much) they swapped the events but forgot that this will swap the speciaity too in the patch notes? 

As far as I know, Norou has always been planned as KH, so it's a mistake of the note that announced her as charm, the initial logic having been that the charm Legendary Days had to take place before the KH. So I think it is more of a concern for internal communication, and as usual I regret the lack of transparency from K to admit it and simply explain us what happened.

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, Arcana's Fate said:

As far as I know, Norou has always been planned as KH, so it's a mistake of the note that announced her as charm, the initial logic having been that the charm Legendary Days had to take place before the KH. So I think it is more of a concern for internal communication, and as usual I regret the lack of transparency from K to admit it and simply explain us what happened.

Wait. New moderator?

22 minutes ago, Arcana's Fate said:

Are you saying that we weren't supposed to get Norou, but a different Girl and just had to go along with it? We didn't know about Norou until the last day. What would be the harm in just swapping the Girls out? If the Legendarys aren't ready, then they shouldn't have a list on how many and on what month. It already seems there are more than a few who are angry with the lack of communication we are getting. Who knows if HHV2 will drop before, or after Charm gets their Legendary. Too many questions and more paches in, the more questions pile on.

4 minutes ago, Arcana's Fate said:

We don't know when we may have Charm Legendary Days, but I can tell you that they will probably come after HHv2, so with enhanced costs for legendary girls.

Ohhh, that is going to leave a mark and rightfully so. Should let everyone have a chance to level up their legendaries before pounding on the cost, unless the increase is truly marginal like 10% more.

• Like 1

il y a 7 minutes, Some other guy a dit :

Ohhh, that is going to leave a mark and rightfully so. Should let everyone have a chance to level up their legendaries before pounding on the cost, unless the increase is truly marginal like 10% more.

I've already upgraded all the legendary girls I have in my harem, for safety.

Just now, Arcana's Fate said:

I've already upgraded all the legendary girls I have in my harem, for safe.

My HC legendary girl is ready to level with a million more cash, just taking my time. Don't care for the rest so much as I am HC

But those Charm players who don't have the same chance we have to level their most important player at the same cost have a reason to feel a bit pissed off, no?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Arcana's Fate said:

Nope. French discord moderator. ;)

I thought I'd seen your name a few times before, now I know why.  You should hang out on this side more as well if you have time, I bet you and chthugha could share a lot of notes and say how the english/french communities are responding to things.

4 hours ago, Arcana's Fate said:

We were supposed to get Norou on May's Legendary Days, so the mistake was in the announcement.

We don't know when we may have Charm Legendary Days, but I can tell you that they will probably come after HHv2, so with enhanced costs for legendary girls.

Thank you for the warning, it seems it's time to switch out the charm spec as it will be totally outclassed without a legendary girl when thr girl rarity update goes live. In short, thank you for the info!

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Arcana's Fate said:

@Arcana's Fate @JessieChan @Kinkoid

This! All of this! This is good public relations. I envy the French discord for having this moderator. Acknowledging the history of poor transparency and offering regret, this is a good thing.

None of us are perfect. Trying to hide mistakes and poor decisions hurts the dev's credibility. Arcana's Fate is a person I can believe, because A's F does not speak to the players in a condescending way or tone, and gave the players a reasonable explanation of why Norou was changed to Know How.

A's F earned credibility by offering regret for the lack of transparency, and cleans the injury caused by the change to Know How. The injury can heal with time. But if no regret is expressed, the injury will stay infected and never heal. A's F does not have any bad history of hiding the truth from the players, so it does not take much effort from A's F to establish trust and credibility. However, with Jessie and Kinkoid, it will take many more efforts to clean the injuries players have, before the healing process can begin. If they speak to the players like A's F does, it will help improve the relationship faster.

Thank you again, Arcana's Fate :x

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, imoenbg1 said:

Dear devs,

I was harbouring some hope that even after your complete failure in the first Legendary event you will still make up for it afterwards. Well, now all hopes are dashed. I thought it can't get any worse. Colour me surprised.

The fact you changed the class of the second legendary girl from Charm to Know= How is rather unexpected and quite unfortunate. Not only that but it proves you are liars. And considering your company is based in Bulgaria (and subject to Bulgarian and European law I would like to point out as well) all of your behaviour is borderline fraudulent.

What makes us liars? 
There was a mistake with the class, and we've been clear about it. 
We did an official post about it before the event has started.

It would have been a lie, if we say she's charm, then you win her and she's Know-How.

Let me explain.

First you announced the Legendary days (in a preview spoiler) around the end of April (in the upcoming events for May). Then you stated several times the girl will be charm. Several times (including in your news announcing the events which is yet to be corrected). And just yesterday you stated you are FORCED to change her class.

You were forced to do nothing. You CHOSE to make some goody-eyes to your Know-How population after it was pointed out that they are lacking a legendary girl until December. And by doing this you alienated half of your charm population (or more). However, you are entitled to do that. But not without reprecussions.

You see, most of the charm population that likes to be prepared was already preparing. Affection items were bought and kobans were restocked. Something quite many people would not have done had they known the girl is KH (using it for simplicity). And you are telling me now that you were FORCED? Enough of this bullshit.

The previous answer, plus we would like to inform you that actually, our player database however prefers her to be Know-How.
I kindly ask you to understand that we're a small team and sometimes issues appear, this is normal. But we do not lie or hide. Therefore I would suggest that you add more information about your statement. Give us an example.

All of your behaviour amounts to false advertising and fraudulent behaviour. Because you misled the populace and community and changed everything in the last possible moment. So unless you provide said community with an apology AND a guaranteed way toget that girl (yes, my character is charm, and yes i still want her) I would consider you what you are - liars. All this fiasco should make you listen to your community and take notes.

Let me repeat myself - you have to compensate the player base AND provide us with a guaranteed way to get that girl. Anything else is simply as I said - BULLSHIT.

We did our best to provide the information on time.
Yet, I would suggest that @Kinkoid also steps in and takes time to answer your request here.

You may want to look at  your Terms of Use again. Your company is based in Bulgaria (which is still part of the European Union). I believe I am right to consider that any dispute regarding to your services is governed by Bulgarian law (and the appropriate European law if it supercedes it) :) So I reckon The Bulgarian Customer protection Bureau will be more than happy to hear about your statements.

Best regards,

4 minutes ago, Blain said:

@Arcana's Fate @JessieChan @Kinkoid

This! All of this! This is good public relations. I envy the French discord for having this moderator. Acknowledging the history of poor transparency and offering regret, this is a good thing.

None of us are perfect. Trying to hide mistakes and poor decisions hurts the dev's credibility. Arcana's Fate is a person I can believe, because A's F does not speak to the players in a condescending way or tone, and gave the players a reasonable explanation of why Norou was changed to Know How.

A's F earned credibility by offering regret for the lack of transparency, and cleans the injury caused by the change to Know How. The injury can heal with time. But if no regret is expressed, the injury will stay infected and never heal. A's F does not have any bad history of hiding the truth from the players, so it does not take much effort from A's F to establish trust and credibility. However, with Jessie and Kinkoid, it will take many more efforts to clean the injuries players have, before the healing process can begin. If they speak to the players like A's F does, it will help improve the relationship faster.

Thank you again, Arcana's Fate :x

Hello, @Blain,

We're not doing any worse with our moderators. I am sorry, but @Chthugha is doing a brilliant job.

As said before, there was a mistake and we did our best to improve the situation, but also, you need to understand that mistakes happen. We're not a conspiracy company trying to make you unhappy, it's exactly the opposite and all the changes we do prove that.

I also ask @Kinkoid to step in here, as well.

Thank you,
Jessie Kinkoid

il y a 7 minutes, JessieChan a dit :

Hello, @Blain,

We're not doing any worse with our moderators. I am sorry, but @Chthugha is doing a brilliant job.

As said before, there was a mistake and we did our best to improve the situation, but also, you need to understand that mistakes happen. We're not a conspiracy company trying to make you unhappy, it's exactly the opposite and all the changes we do prove that.

Thank you,
Jessie Kinkoid

It seems obvious you are here first and foremost to please us, the players who in return 'feed you'... why voluntarily upset the ones you rely on?...

Why doesn't anybody seem to get that simple fact?... 

I also understand that sometimes, a small team, not a lot of time, a lot of enthusiasm, can lead to costly mistakes in the rush of things...
If I dared, i'd suggest you do take your time to offer us the best you can, i am sure we can all wait a little bit... :x

47 minutes ago, JessieChan said:

Hello, @Blain,

Thank you,
Jessie Kinkoid

@Arcana's Fate @JessieChan @Kinkoid @Chthugha I did not say Chthugha was not doing a brilliant job here. I did not ever mention him.

I am pointing to the way Arcana's Fate communicates as the blueprint for better relations with the players. Not telling us things because of being afraid we will become upset does not treat us as adults. If I remember correctly, this is a game intended for adults 18+, so please remember that we are adults. We can handle mistakes happening. However, no one likes having truth withheld behind the excuse of technical problems. Adults do not like reasons such as "We are afraid you will become more upset".

Please consider how Arcana's Fate talks to the forum as a better road to move forward on. This is the point of my post. Thank you for reading and responding, but please do not imply that I do not like Chthugha's work as a moderator here.

Edited by Blain
added pings to relevant persons in this post
  • Thanks 1