Patch Notes 06/06/18 Discussion

Thank you for the patch the improvement for in-game timers will be very nice to have and the improvement to the animation for the potential reward for Battles and Pachinkos will be nice to have as well.

It's nice that people have more payment options for buying kobans as well because I know that people have been wanting more payment options.

Just now, Mez said:

Spelling mistake: Etherium should be Ethereum.

Its great to finally see start to see more and more widespread adoptations of cryptocurrencies. Been investing most of my savings into various cryptocurrencies since 2014 which has been quite profitable to say the least.

Il y a 2 heures, CopyBoop a dit :

Does the optimized timer include removing seconds from everything that takes more then 59 seconds? 

Yes, @CopyBoop

The removing of the seconds from the timers, until the last minute (where they are shown), does lighten the weight of managing the game on the server-side.

(not that i like that change anymore than you... i feel lost...)

• Sad 3

il y a 2 minutes, Lazy Lord a dit :

Besides, where is consistency or logic behind this? Why don't you hide the seconds everywhere if you hate them so much?

I don't believe hate is in any way involved, i think it's a question of efficiency on the computing side of things...

12 minutes ago, Joe-da-G said:

Yes, @CopyBoop

The removing of the seconds from the timers, until the last minute (where they are shown), does lighten the weight of managing the game on the server-side.

(not that i like that change anymore than you... i feel lost...)

Thank you for clarifying the reason why it was done.

Welp, no more knowing if I have 1min 59 seconds to go to the bathroom or 1min 1 second. Challenge accepted. xD

Edited by CopyBoop
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Joe-da-G said:

Does it? I'm finding it hard to believe that anything significant has changed server-side, since the need to keep accurate timing data obviously hasn't changed. If anything it might be lessening the load on the client side. (I've had some strange CPU spikes on the activities screen in the past, but only when browsing in Chrome anonymous mode.)

• Like 1

I can tell you from my Assembler coding days that keeping track and display of seconds does NOT affect or degrade system performances. Because it is tracked by system clocks on both server or client sides. Much less so than, say, the wisps of steam rising from the Harem fountain on many backdrops.

Not a fan of this patch either.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Not saying this because I don't believe you guys, but just because I am flabbergasted:

How is it possible that some players keep getting the server errors O.o
It isn't happening to me, so I cannot even start to look where it comes from >,<

Back on topic though:
They seem to like the random things a bit too much... accepting cryptocurrency is as random as getting girls from a villain.
Those things are not nearly stable enough for me to consider it >,<

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Chthugha said:

Back on topic though:
They seem to like the random things a bit too much... accepting cryptocurrency is as random as getting girls from a villain.
Those things are not nearly stable enough for me to consider it >,<

Quoted for the truth. That was just me venting about the fact that the person that made my PC sheet decided to give me -100 to my luck stat and that I just want a way around having said horrible luck. xD

5 hours ago, Masters said:

I can tell you from my Assembler coding days that keeping track and display of seconds does NOT affect or degrade system performances. Because it is tracked by system clocks on both server or client sides. Much less so than, say, the wisps of steam rising from the Harem fountain on many backdrops.

Not a fan of this patch either.

Right. I'm confused about this as well. The server still has to keep track of the time accurately. Removing them from the display seems like such a minimal change that it is useless. I hope this gets rolled back because the more vague amount of time isn't really an improvement and I have to agree with others here not liking the change.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Joe-da-G said:

I don't believe hate is in any way involved, i think it's a question of efficiency on the computing side of things...

Is only stetic, in the server side the timer have the some cicles for computer the dates, don't have any tecnical optimitation in that sense,. But if all or you see , when go from any screen and come to general screen (ej,. pachinco) see a correction in the timers from old timers, is the latency diference in the times, with the new timers you don't see that until have minus of 60 secons (and yes, until you not see have the some desfase).

For that is only a stetic change.