Legendary Days starts next reset - Error in Calendar

GeorgeMTO

It appears there was an error in the Calendar, we noticed a weirdness in the dates. Kaos commented this on the French discord. Thought people should know ASAP (Jessie isn't currently online on Discord and @Chthugha didn't respond to a ping)

image.png.30d991176cb06753401adea5c3be9315.png

Google Translated: 

@ Kaos-Kinkoid @DragonFire Kinkoid on the note patch, the legendary event is scored started on the 26th at 5am, and on the schedule on the 27th. Quid?

Kaos-Kinkoid - Today at 22:14 calendar error

Makuro 💸 - Today at 22:15 So which is true, it starts in 12:45?

Kaos-Kinkoid - Today at 22:15 Yes

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thinking 1

......They've got to stop making mistakes like this.  First they decide to add a legendary days event AFTER the calendar for this month is out.  And now it's starting even earlier than they initial said.  These are dumb little mistakes that should not be happening and they had more than plenty of time to clarify the start of the event.  Combine this with the fact that they currently don't do anything with the scenery to let people know the legendary days event is happening, and we're looking at a repeat with users that have errors getting the newsletter to pop up if they don't use english or french settings, and they'll be a day or two late to the party.

1 hour ago, Habi said:

in fact... jessies announcement thread states the correct dates. problem is that everyone already inculcated the wrong dates from the wrong calendar that was published like 2 weeks ago. :S

Problem is from the company, not one or other subject from his.

And isn't the first time have errors with Legenday days, in no one of thats events are error cleaned, the first have the bug in the first hours, the second the popup error in comunication,, and that the date dancing in time.

For me every patch / event is a surpriise: mistake or bug in every update.

2 hours ago, Habi said:

in fact... jessies announcement thread states the correct dates. problem is that everyone already inculcated the wrong dates from the wrong calendar that was published like 2 weeks ago. :S

She did fix the date issue in the new thread but I do not think it was her fault because she just passes on the information that she is given and anyone that actually reads the dates from the link to the forums given in-game would know it.
Unlike other legendary days events, the background changes this time as well.

So how long will it last?

Through the 30th (meaning including the 30th)
or TO the 30th (meaning not including the 30th)?

That is a phraseology I think the Devs need to nail down and ensure everyone is on the same page about. Not just with this event, but with ALL their date-relevant discussions and communiques

I can't wait, even though I'm not charm.  These two girls look particularly cute and gorgeous.  They're worth getting for the artwork alone, which is continually improving.

If  get them in my pathetic account I want to change anyway (and in which I have a number of handy charm epic girls - and Metal Noemy) I'll be happy and it will encourage me to switch to charm.  Fortunately, the launch date coincides with when my combativity will be full in all accounts.  I'm assuming that Legendary Days will start when the current daily missions finish in 3 hours 23 min.

2 hours ago, Masters said:

So how long will it last?

Through the 30th (meaning including the 30th)
or TO the 30th (meaning not including the 30th)?

That is a phraseology I think the Devs need to nail down and ensure everyone is on the same page about. Not just with this event, but with ALL their date-relevant discussions and communiques

Did you read the announcement thread? I feel like they were very clear this time in how long it will run

Your mission is to save those precious twins between the 26th (5 am) and 30th (5 am) of June!

The only thing that needed the extra clarification was that they made a mistake in the initial calendar (also maybe which time zone 5am refers to, but it's at least consistent)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, GeorgeMTO said:

I feel like they were very clear this time in how long it will run

Then please, do share what YOU think is clear.

Because *I* get the sense of it being TO the 30th but not including it (BETWEEN the 26th and 30th). Or 4 days.
THROUGH the 30th would make it 5 days.
But it says BETWEEN 26th (5am) and 30th (5am) That's 96 hours. 4 days.

Which do you feel it is?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Masters said:

Then please, do share what YOU think is clear.

Because *I* get the sense of it being TO the 30th but not including it (BETWEEN the 26th and 30th). Or 4 days.
THROUGH the 30th would make it 5 days.
But it says BETWEEN 26th (5am) and 30th (5am) That's 96 hours. 4 days.

Which do you feel it is?

Every legendary event goes on for 4 days and like George already wrote the only error was that they had the 27th instead of 26th day written.

It starts on the 26th of June 5am Paris time and ends on the 30th of June 5am Paris time. 

Soooo… NOT including the 30th? All of the 26th, 27th, 28th, 29th, but not all of the 30th… that's 4 days. 

"Between the 26th and 30th" is misleading because people will think 26-30 is 5 days, and it is this ambiguity which I'm underscoring as they need to ensure all date-relevant communique is on the same page.

4 minutes ago, Masters said:

Soooo… NOT including the 30th? All of the 26th, 27th, 28th, 29th, but not all of the 30th… that's 4 days. 

"Between the 26th and 30th" is misleading because people will think 26-30 is 5 days, and it is this ambiguity which I'm underscoring as they need to ensure all date-relevant communique is on the same page.

It ends on the 30th that is why it says BETWEEN the 26th and 30th just like the other legendary days events it goes on for 4 days ( 96 hours )

If it was during the entire day of the 30th it would end on the 1st day of next month at 5am instead.

The event starts on the mission reset and ends 96 hours later which will be another mission reset.

Every event starts and ends on a mission reset and that happens 5am paris time which is the 26th of june there so you can figure out what time and date it will end in your time zone.

What I'm saying, and I bet this is the basis for most of their event and calendar "mistakes" is confusion over "Date TO date" vs "Date THROUGH date", and now we have "Date BETWEEN date".

I'm betting someone or team says one thing and others interpret it differently. And I'm sure crossing languages is not helping that situation any either.

Basically, it's too ambiguous. To/Through/Between

Used to have this sort of problem with American Auto Insurance companies. They'd say a deadline of *date* and you'd be thinking, okay, I have until the End of Date, but find out instead they meant "1 minute into date". Date 12:01.

"Whut we have 'ere is a failure t'commooonicate"

Edited by Masters

This somewhat pedantic argument is academic since the event has now started.  If the previous Legendary Event is any indication, the finishing date and time is inclusive of the date given - in this case 30 June.  The first event does not count since the finishing date was extended anyway because of an acknowledged bug in the RNG.

Good luck to everyone trying for these extremely cute and pretty twins, especially those who are charm.  I've had my first round of attempts as Peregrine Took; no luck so far, but I'll keep trying, except in this account where my priority will be to max out Ninja Agate and I need the cash.  I should be able to participate by the end of Day One, though.

32 minutes ago, Masters said:

What I'm saying, and I bet this is the basis for most of their event and calendar "mistakes" is confusion over "Date TO date" vs "Date THROUGH date", and now we have "Date BETWEEN date".

I'm betting someone or team says one thing and others interpret it differently. And I'm sure crossing languages is not helping that situation any either.

Basically, it's too ambiguous. To/Through/Between

Used to have this sort of problem with American Auto Insurance companies. They'd say a deadline of *date* and you'd be thinking, okay, I have until the End of Date, but find out instead they meant "1 minute into date". Date 12:01.

"Whut we have 'ere is a failure t'commooonicate"

the points in time provided are very exact. that renders the subtle differences of to/through/between obsolete. maybe you like this better:?

start: 2018-06-26 05:00:00.000 GMT+2

end: 2018-06-30 05:00:00.000 GMT+2

duration: 96 hours or 345600000 milliseconds.

anything still too vague?

every argument you threw in references cases where just a date was given without a time. we were given times aswell this time. please do think a little before posting. (oh my god am i really asking that on an internet forum? i must be insane!!! 9_9)

Edited by Habi
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

The TIME was a misnomer. Meant nothing since they were the same time. No matter what the time was local to wherever, the fact was still the RESET. 

So BETWEEN date(reset) and date(reset). This I understood. But AGAIN, I'm not discussing the reality. I'm discussing what THEY MEAN plus the probable cause as to WHY MISTAKES keep happening in regards to Events and Calendars and such.

I was and am thinking very much on these points.

At any rate, looks like the Event will end with the reset on the 30th. Not at the end of the 30th.

1 hour ago, Masters said:

The TIME was a misnomer. Meant nothing since they were the same time. No matter what the time was local to wherever, the fact was still the RESET. 

So BETWEEN date(reset) and date(reset). This I understood. But AGAIN, I'm not discussing the reality. I'm discussing what THEY MEAN plus the probable cause as to WHY MISTAKES keep happening in regards to Events and Calendars and such.

I was and am thinking very much on these points.

At any rate, looks like the Event will end with the reset on the 30th. Not at the end of the 30th.

Yes, you're right.  It says in the news release at the start of the game that the event ends at 5am on 30 June.  I assume that this is PST as it has been in the past.

For that person (Daniele I think) who wrote about 4 and 5 star images of the twins, Fanny and Fiona, nothing has been posted on the Wiki, unsurprisingly.  If he got them early and paid lots of kobans for gifts and many, many gift shop restocks I can understand how he might have upgraded the pair quickly to 5 stars, but otherwise that achievement or knowledge remains a mystery to me.