Anniversary Event Discussion

1 hour ago, Zorba the Geek said:

I'm in an interesting position here.  I run 6 accounts so I can see these differences first hand.  Without ever using kobans to recharge combativity, in one account I recruited 4 Anniversary girls plus one boss girl.  In two other accounts I lucked out completely.  However, over past events (for comparison) these unlucky accounts were the most rewarding for me and I lucked out in the account where I did so well this time.

So if you look at the longer picture, it seems to be swings and roundabouts and reflects randomness quite accurately.  I honestly don't think the drop rates are being manipulated account by account.  Apart from my own experience (where entirely coincidentally it is my two most advanced, 1 year old, accounts where I lucked out) other players - newbies and super-advanced (almost veteran ) players alike - scored really well when koban-fuelled recharges were taken into account.  Therefore, it seems to me that it matters not at which stage in the game one is at or how many girls one has already.

It was my third most advanced account that was most successful this time but disastrous in the Retro-Future event.  So there we are...

What I am saying is: the system gives a player karma per event. So, in some events, the player is lucky, in some others not. How event-karma is determined is unclear, but there is no flat rate.

Just now, algguy said:

What I am saying is: the system gives a player karma per event. So, in some events, the player is lucky, in some others not. How event-karma is determined is unclear, but there is no flat rate.

You may be right here, but there's no way we're ever going to know.  HH keep these things very close to their chests.  What you say could explain my own form from event to event.  In this scenario, in my Adrian'smole account my karma must've shot to the negative.  Here I was, streets ahead of my other accounts (one of which is a little older), racing  to my 100th girl and I suddenly hit a brick wall and either keep pace and no more with other accounts or slip behind with regard to girl additions.

So here are my thoughts about the anniversary event:

As a long time player, I knew what kind of event it was going to be. So I knew well before the start of the anniversary event that it would be smart to save up kobans. Now I can imagine, that there are players that had no idea what to expect. They might even have spent their kobans during Steampunk or Summer Life Revival. It makes the anniversary event very annoying for them, because they have a very small chance to get a girl and see others showing off their catches. One could say; that is your own fault, but to me it just makes clear that you either have to communicate what the event will look like a month in advance so players can decide to save kobans, or you have to give away some kobans to give everyone a chance.

I think this event is a major improvement on last year. By putting event girls on villains and not only the event villain girls, but also some fan favourite pachinko event girls like Bunny's Mother, you gave everyone at least a cheaper shot at some exclusive girls. The fact that you put all of them on every villain, makes it even better. You can now choose which villain you want to battle. No more forced Dark Lord battles for everyone.

You should really, really, really look into the workings of your pachinko. I've seen some really weird results that to my knowledge are so unlikely, that it is just feeding the rage. I'll take my Nutaku account as an example. I started with 13 permanent girls and 20 event girls, when I did my first five 10x spins. I got 5 permanent girls. I have always been told that permanent girls have half the weight of event girls in the pachinko, which makes this result unlikely at the very least (0.045%). Then the two new girls got added. So at that point I had 10 permanent girls and 20 event girls. The next thirteen 10x spins gave me all 10 permanent girls. Now everything is possible, but this is so unlikely to happen that even I am starting to wonder what the heck is going on with the epic pachinko. Now here is the point I want to get to. You should really, really, really stop adding permanent girls to the same pool as event girls. Make a separate pachinko for permanents with the villain girls in it, and then an event special pachinko. It is really frustrating to know that permanent girls will interfere in pachinko time and time again. A result like mine will drive players away, and someone who can afford 18 pachinko spins is not someone you want to drive away. You were talking about 21+48 (69) girls. Make it just the 69 girls during the anniversary event.

Apart from that, much better than laat year. You cannot please everyone (inherent to human nature). I do have one suggestion for next year. Make some sort of special girl (I will name her Annie Versary), that you will get if you have battled a villain 500 times, or played the pachinko 5 times. A goal to play for, apart from the girls already available through other means.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

The most important lesson I learn from reading this thread is a lot of players share my opinion on Gork

We really hoped she wouldn't drop, were not happy when she did, and need a way to kick her out of our harems

"But but but that goes against the objective of the game !!"

The objective of the game is to collect girls, not fugly beasts

I'm sure there are some limp-wristed, soy boi, beta males that would enjoy that creature lording over them, but it appears their acceptance of that orkish cave beast is the minority attitude

For the rest of the players with a normal testosterone level, we don't want to have to look at that thing in our harems

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Chthugha said:

So here are my thoughts about the anniversary event:

As a long time player, I knew what kind of event it was going to be. So I knew well before the start of the anniversary event that it would be smart to save up kobans. Now I can imagine, that there are players that had no idea what to expect. They might even have spent their kobans during Steampunk or Summer Life Revival. It makes the anniversary event very annoying for them, because they have a very small chance to get a girl and see others showing off their catches. One could say; that is your own fault, but to me it just makes clear that you either have to communicate what the event will look like a month in advance so players can decide to save kobans, or you have to give away some kobans to give everyone a chance.

I think this event is a major improvement on last year. By putting event girls on villains and not only the event villain girls, but also some fan favourite pachinko event girls like Bunny's Mother, you gave everyone at least a cheaper shot at some exclusive girls. The fact that you put all of them on every villain, makes it even better. You can now choose which villain you want to battle. No more forced Dark Lord battles for everyone.

You should really, really, really look into the workings of your pachinko. I've seen some really weird results that to my knowledge are so unlikely, that it is just feeding the rage. I'll take my Nutaku account as an example. I started with 13 permanent girls and 20 event girls, when I did my first five 10x spins. I got 5 permanent girls. I have always been told that permanent girls have half the weight of event girls in the pachinko, which makes this result unlikely at the very least (0.045%). Then the two new girls got added. So at that point I had 10 permanent girls and 20 event girls. The next thirteen 10x spins gave me all 10 permanent girls. Now everything is possible, but this is so unlikely to happen that even I am starting to wonder what the heck is going on with the epic pachinko. Now here is the point I want to get to. You should really, really, really stop adding permanent girls to the same pool as event girls. Make a separate pachinko for permanents with the villain girls in it, and then an event special pachinko. It is really frustrating to know that permanent girls will interfere in pachinko time and time again. A result like mine will drive players away, and someone who can afford 18 pachinko spins is not someone you want to drive away. You were talking about 21+48 (69) girls. Make it just the 69 girls during the anniversary event.

Apart from that, much better than laat year. You cannot please everyone (inherent to human nature). I do have one suggestion for next year. Make some sort of special girl (I will name her Annie Versary), that you will get if you have battled a villain 500 times, or played the pachinko 5 times. A goal to play for, apart from the girls already available through other means.

That was well said and thanks.  I'm one of those who didn't have enough kobans for one 10x spin in EP let alone two or three.  All the same, I had a go at some single spins.  In 5 of my accounts I had four chances and 3 in the other.  So I gave it a go not expecting much success, but was pleasantly surprised (I posted the results in the 'High rollers' thread).  I got the prequel Viola in Adrian'smole and Edna in Lili.  Neither were Anniversary girls, but, with my last minute (literally!) success in getting Victoria in Bryan off Dark Lord in the battle I can't complain.

I got 4 Anniversary plus one boss girl in one account, 3 in two others and 2 in another.  In two accounts I lucked out completely so I'm in the peculiar position of understanding what it feels like to appreciate the sweet smell of success and the reek of failure at the same time.

I would add another issue that just about everyone else posted:  Why the heck did HH put Neanderthal Gork into the mix?  I can't even bear to level up her affection because I would have to look at her while trying hard not to throw up.  With such truly fantastic artwork at hand, what mental fuse did the HH people blow to come up with her!?  I got her twice which is rubbing my face in it!

Given I did not spend kobans at all in this event (except in EP) and I had no chances at 10x spins I felt I didn't do too badly considering, so it must be seen as a success personally.  The idea of battling a villain of choice for no penalty was a really good move and I hope it becomes a normal feature of events from now on.

One last thing, you mentioned player bias directed at me.  It turns out you were right and I was wrong.  From Day 2, most of my battles were against Roko Sensei, but I got girls from every villain I tried against: - from Dark Lord to Roko Sensei, and Gruntt, Edwarda and Finalmecia in between.  The only reason I went against DL was at the end when I had only 21 minutes left to try to get a girl out of 14 battles in each of my 6 accounts.  I wanted someone I could beat quickly (given the fact that I was held up time and time again by those acursed server issues!).  As it was, I ran out of time to complete battles in two accounts.  Still, with my very last try against DL in my Bryan account I scored Victoria so I was a very happy chappy indeed.

I certainly agree with you re. more notice for this event and what it would entail.  I blew my know-how kobans on single plays in the Retro-Future event and waited til it finished for my hardcore accounts.  I'm glad I did play because I managed to score Dezy in Adrian'smole which is know-how.  The rest I waited until the Summer Days Revival for 10x plays.  Over the last month I managed to get two EP legendary girls, plus Ninja Agate who has near legendary performance qualities.

While it is a 'could do better' score for me, I can't complain.  I really feel for those who missed out completely (especially if they spent kobans in trying) and for them this Anniversary was not the happy experience it should have been.

6 minutes ago, Blain said:

The most important lesson I learn from reading this thread is a lot of players share my opinion on Gork

We really hoped she wouldn't drop, were not happy when she did, and need a way to kick her out of our harems

"But but but that goes against the objective of the game !!"

The objective of the game is to collect girls, not fugly beasts

I'm sure there are some limp-wristed, soy boi, beta males that would enjoy that creature lording over them, but it appears their acceptance of that orkish cave beast is the minority attitude

For the rest of the players with a normal testosterone level, we don't want to have to look at that thing in our harems

I got 'her' twice!  Can you believe it?

Oh, I run 6 accounts so I had lots of opportunities for this disaster to happen.  There might be a few BDSM public school chappies from British royalty (and maybe Sir Giles Lynchwood) who might be drawn to the likes of Gork, but they would be in the minority and seriously deviant.  One would have to look seriously at the artist and the motivation and inspiration behind the creation of this beast - not Tolkien and the Uruk Hai.

On the other hand, I was one of the few who found Justine incredibly attractive and sexy, madness notwithstanding, and I would've loved to rescue her troubled mind for a bit of her real love in return.  She was beautifully drawn in her Loving version and hats off to the young artist who rose to the challenge.  She departed considerably from her Himoki Toga inpiration in her later version and the result was a thing of beauty.  Not so Gork I'm afraid.  Well drawn as far as it goes, but... um, why!?

i got no girl in this invasion. i used like 160 battles. i'd really like to know about drop rates of girls. i only battled roko sensei during this invasion maybe roko sensei has the lowest drop rate. Or almost all of the girls were Epic rarity so maybe that was the case. irdk

I'm 0 for 18 for this event. What are the odds for that? I hadn't let a single energy point go to waste, plus I used a couple of refills.

In an event where they added 21 girls (3 of which I already had) to all the villains, one would have thought that they would have gotten at least one girl with the free energy points they give you.

Also, the number of girls you already have should not affect the drop rate of the girls, especially when they are at max affection, and you can max out the affection for the next few girls you get. I've read somewhere that it does not affect the drop rate, but also reading the reports of people with new accounts, and that they are able to x number of new event girls with just the first few tries, I'm highly suspicious of that.

I would try my luck on the epic pachinko, but after getting a common girl that I could have gotten without spinning, I'm not spinning again until I removed those from the chance pool. Those girls should not even be in the x10 chance pool in the first place. It just makes for a waste of kobans.

At the end of the event my total  score was  4  girls dropped  on Hentai Heroes, 3  event girls and 1 normal boss girl dropped, i was disapointed with Hentai H thought i would have got a 1 or 2 more girls because i used way more refills in the game compared to Nutaku ,  because of my low luck  rate i decided not to use all of my kobans up on this event ,which for me i think was the right choice, so all in all the event wasn't good or bad for me as i did managed to get a few girls..

On Harem Heroes i did alot better i managed to get 7 event girls and used alot fewer refills on the Nutaku  acount, i do find i have better luck on Nutaku most of the time compared to Harem Heroes for some reason.

Edited by wertyu

2 hours ago, trunks2585 said:

While I agree this is better than last year that only had every girl in the pachinko machine for a limited time, I still feel (like with the legendary days events) it was lacking in being a special event, especially as a two year anniversary event.  It didn't feel like a real celebration to me.  So gonna post some suggestions for maybe next year and what could have made this event more special.

1. Free kobans.  I'm getting this right out of the way.  Yeah I know "you get kobans daily.  Last year you barely got any, etc."  And this is where playing lots of 'gacha' games comes in handy.  I've been through more than one anniversary event and handing out free stuff is always a part of it.  I'm not even saying it had to be a fortune or anything, I'm not even saying enough for a 10x epic pachinco pull, although that would probably be the best to hand out, so users could have multiple choices on what to do with them.  But giving something to the players, so even people that don't win a girl could get something could say at least they were given some kobans to spend on the event besides the normal earnings.

2. Daily events/special scroll.  every 14 day event gets it's own mini story.  Doesn't the anniversary deserve this as well?  I would have been all for either 5 daily event missions to cronicle how the hero and his harem celebrated, or go the extra length and do a special scroll you could click on in the main page, even make it a low energy cost scroll with some low xp payout so new players could complete it and older players that are caught up could have something special to spend their energy on.  A short story of celebrating for the day with the starter girls so newer players don't get spoiled on future girls.  Maybe even use that chance to not just draw some hot sex scenes but a few tender moments between MC and bunny, something that hasn't really been explored much.

3.  Alter the pachinko machine drops to temporarily remove the normal girls.  This isn't something I'm advocating hard for.  I'm just thinking, consider next year at this time, how many girls will be in the game.  Now how many are always in the machine, and how many are event girls that will be brought back in for the event.  Just make the odds better of getting a special girl rather than a normal one.  This DOES relate to topics that have come up before about separating event pachinko from normal pachinko.

4. increasing drop rate odds.  Another topic that's been around before this event.  I'm going to be honest here, there should be no reason that so many girls are up for grabs and many players can't even get a single one in one day.  This right here is what causes the most negativity in the game.  Players have asked for this, devs have considered doing it.  If nothing else, consider either boosting drop rates or making the odds increase just for the anniversary event if it won't be done for anything else.  This wasn't legendary days, this was meant to be a celebration, and no one that puts in the effort of at least spending all their free CP should be walking away empty handed.  And sadly there were a number of posts where that happened.  Personally I didn't have terrible luck, but there were a number that did, so I can't call this event a total success in that regard.  I even decided not to buy any kobans because of the fixed drop rate.

Before I go into my opinion I should first say how this event went for me. In hindsight, I should feel pretty lucky as I got Treasure within my first 10 goes. As for the rest of the event, I got nothing. I did buy 5 refuels but I stop upon hearing about people going near 1000 battle Without getting anything. I guess I am still feeling the pain from the second legendary battle where I had 1600+ battle for nothing. So how did I feel at the end of the event, not great, not angry, not depressed, just disappointed. This event didn't feel like a celebration, and I guess it would feel even worst for people who didn't even get 1 girl.

So how to improve. Going through the point trunks2585 points first

1. It doesn't need to be kobans, it could be 10x attacks or even a spin on the epic pachinko just something that at least is used during the event a few more times.

2. Agree. But, I would put a yellow girl as the prize, if you complete all of 5 event missions, it could be a random, previous event girl or a new girl just for the anniversary events but something. This is meant to be a celebration for supporting you guys and playing the game. What better way is it they rewarding player who play every day during the event.
3. All boss girls should be removed from this pool, nearly nothing is worse than getting a boss girl from the 10x pulls. As for the standard pachinko girls I am on the fence about.

4. Yes(1.5-3 times greater) this need to change if there is an event to celebrate something, then the players need to get want they wanted. This is part of the reason legendary battle is so hated, and why this event sucked for alot of people and no gift don't count. We aim for girls and we should get girls. Not gear, not money, just girls. This is why your 14-day event are quite liked by the community.

Frankly, it is unacceptable to have a celebration event and for players to walk away unhappy, let alone with nothing like so many of the community are. If I was to say what the minimum amount of girls I would let a player have it would be 3 (if they play everyday during the event). First one would be in the first day(boss battles with like a 5% chance to get a girl which increase until you get an event girl). This is to get the event of one the right foot, Second one by completing the missions. And last one at the very end just for players to leave the event more positive about what they got for this event. Making them look forward to it again next year as well as the next event.

But that is just my opinion. What about you guy how do you feel about this event.

• Like 2

I already had all the Troll drop girls from playing for 9 months (lvl 262, now 98 girls), so I only needed the remaining 12 (I NEVER play epic pachinko, its a roulette wheel sucking money down the drain, and it spends real cash money except in the rare case of accumulating enough kobans by doing nothing else for months for ONE 10Xspin).  I decided to toss some cash at this since its probably the only useful opportunity to collect the "missing" girls  ( and yes GORK is aggressively female - you just have to dominate her in order to collect the benefits -and they can be as big as she is.. (---edited away for being an affection scene spoiler---)).  I only run one account - its already too much of a time sink.  I don't normally spend real cash other than the  monthly card, I figure I've paid enough to learn the game in the first place, not being a real gamer, and all that...  I tossed in $ 100 USD and got 6 girls from steady play in one sitting - spent all 15K kobans. (I  was lucky enough to get two before I decided to splurge)   It took another $ 100 USD to get the other 4 girls - with some margin on the clock, but down to under 2K kobans.  I used up all the money accumulated from almost all of the fights against Roko to bring the girls up to even two stars - I like to max out Aff so I can get the best ROI from the girls.  Its net negative overall as it takes many many months to accumulate what you spend to bring them up - and money is needed for Experience "gifts" as well, but if you are gonna play at all, play for the best ROI you can.

I rather expect that this is the last time I will put in any USD above the monthly card.  the game has been constantly tweaked toward sucking more hard cash out of the players.  Its a little better than it was several months back when it cost 20M or more to max out a single regular girl, and PVP was a big zero, but its still too heavily tweaked toward sucking out the max hard cash.  Several tweaks could bring more money from the more casual players by keeping their interest better, but the developers do not seem to think that way.  

I admit to some surprise that I did manage to get the "missing" 12 girls from this event so, it is possible, just expensive.  This should have been a full 30 day event with no other events in the days preceding and following in order for the random luck elements to actually have some visible effects.  It does the developers no good at all to have players win NOTHING or darn little during an event, they get discouraged or pissed and quit playing - and the developers get nothing from that...

3 hours ago, Chthugha said:

One could say; that is your own fault, but to me it just makes clear that you either have to communicate what the event will look like a month in advance so players can decide to save kobans, or you have to give away some kobans to give everyone a chance.

Bullshit. In the first anniversary, this is when given. Not taken away. Secondly, I saved money for this event, but the result is a big fat zero. And you want to say that this is all mine and only my fault?

7 minutes ago, Kai said:

Bullshit. In the first anniversary, this is when given. Not taken away. Secondly, I saved money for this event, but the result is a big fat zero. And you want to say that this is all mine and only my fault?

I'm sorry, but this is the third this happened in a short time...
You really need to learn to read what someone is writing, before making wild accusations.

I can also tell you that making enemies of the mods is a terrible thing to do.
It usually leads you nowhere on a forum.

• Like 1

Is the drop rate of common harems become higher in the anniversary?I want to get all harems from Edwarda and Donatian next year.

And please offer more pachinko-only harems.I will store over 40k kobens from now on.

So there is no chance of getting 3 star legendary harem without playing epic pachinko?

Screenshot_2018-07-30-15-12-59_1532940387692.png

3 minutes ago, yoyowhan said:

Is the drop rate of common harems become higher in the anniversary?I want to get all harems from Edwarda and Donatian next year.

No increase in the drop rates. RNG was just on your side to finally give you those sweet boss girls. Hopefully various events will help you get them before a whole year passes. Donatien has a revival in August. And perhaps Edwarda/Donatien will be fought during the new event. Both of them would likely be fans of a good tan.

28 minutes ago, mrcr said:

I already had all the Troll drop girls from playing for 9 months (lvl 262, now 98 girls), so I only needed the remaining 12 (I NEVER play epic pachinko, its a roulette wheel sucking money down the drain, and it spends real cash money except in the rare case of accumulating enough kobans by doing nothing else for months for ONE 10Xspin).

Thanks for providing detailed feedback, just want to respond to this one point. If you complete your daily missions everyday you get 150*30 = 4500, plus an extra 480 (revival) + 1218 (new event) kobans. And now an extra few kobans each week from ToF (minimum 24x3 each week, and we'll assume 4 weeks in a month for a total of 6486 monthly kobans [this is assuming you can't manage to break the top 1000 for any category, nor top 4 in any contest in an entire month]). This means you get given more than enough for a free 10x spin each month assuming you don't spend on anything else. So you can spin a little more often than you're implying, especially if you receive an extra 60 a day from the monthly card.

Exactly. I've paid for nothing except the starter pack and the monthly card and managed to get to 31k kobans in three months of play. (All gone now after the Anniversary event, but it was worth it.)

As of last night (May 1st - July 30th):

600 at Start
  150 account confirmation
 1800 Starter Pack (€4.99)
 5400 Monthly Card Daily Kobans x90 (€2.99 x3)
13650 Daily Reward x91
 4242 Contest Winnings
 5136 Event Missions
  288 Weekly Rewards x4
-----

Less than a quarter paid for. Over four 10x EP worth just from free stuff.

Edited by _shal_
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Chthugha said:

'm sorry, but this is the third this happened in a short time...
You really need to learn to read what someone is writing, before making wild accusations.

I can also tell you that making enemies of the mods is a terrible thing to do.
It usually leads you nowhere on a forum.

Threats? How charming. Not afraid. Saying discontent is tantamount to becoming an enemy? Very democratic.
Maybe then you'll explain what I'm wrong about? I hear only "shut up, you're wrong."

I must say this event was really good for me. 

I got all the girls I needed (3 missing boss girls + 11 missing event girls) in 1117 tries: 
Mavin dropped in my 64th battle, Victoria 146th (82 after previous girl), Bunny's Mother 305th (159), Venam 329th (24), Juin Lelierre 399th (70), Neandertal Gork 581st (182), Noella 629th (48), Unionist Elizabeth 641st (12), Lady Meta 903 (262nd), Treasure 939th (36), Windia 970th (31), Noomye 979th (9), Music Sylvia 1026th (47) and finally Deitra 1117th (91)

14 out of 1117 gives an estimated drop chance of 1,07%, so not bad.

253 combativity points were from normal resource regeneration, so that makes 864 combativity bought with kobans.
If 20 combativity is 216 kobans then 864 must be worth around 9331 kobans, so I paid on average 667 kobans for a girl - not bad if you consider that 540 kobans (1x Epic Pachinko) only gives 10% chance of a girl. Every koban well spent in my opinion.

I'm giving this event a big 'thumbs up' and 5 out of 5 star rating.

31 minutes ago, Kai said:

Threats? How charming. Not afraid. Saying discontent is tantamount to becoming an enemy? Very democratic.
Maybe then you'll explain what I'm wrong about? I hear only "shut up, you're wrong."

Well, yes, you are wrong, that's correct.
You haven't been correct in any of your posts so far, which is kind of an achievement on itself.

I'll try to explain the thing you quoted, because it seems to fly right over your head.
I gave an example of what someone might think about players who spent all their kobans before the anniversary event, and after that I refuted it by saying that Kinkoid should either give us some kobans to work with during the event or gives us at least a month the time to collect kobans in the game so that we can use them during the anniversary event. This would require them to tell us at least a month in advance what they are planning to do with the anniversary event.

And now I'll ask you one more time:
Stop attacking George and me with inaccurate and salt-driven over-hastily comments, because you didn't get anything.
We cannot help that. We are just players ourselves.
And yes, this you can see as a threat, because reason seems to have no grip on you: I've now given you an official warning, next time you will be muted at the very least.
You either act as a normal grown up adult, or I'll show you the door. Being salty is fine. I haven't even warned anybody else in this thread.

• Like 1

Above exchange fits the trope "Poor Communication Kills".

On both ends.

As for the event itself, I give it a solid 1/5. It would be 0, but allegedly there were some improvements over last year so I have to give them that.

1 hour ago, GeorgeMTO said:

No increase in the drop rates. RNG was just on your side to finally give you those sweet boss girls. Hopefully various events will help you get them before a whole year passes. Donatien has a revival in August. And perhaps Edwarda/Donatien will be fought during the new event. Both of them would likely be fans of a good tan.

Thanks for providing detailed feedback, just want to respond to this one point. If you complete your daily missions everyday you get 150*30 = 4500, plus an extra 480 (revival) + 1218 (new event) kobans. And now an extra few kobans each week from ToF (minimum 24x3 each week, and we'll assume 4 weeks in a month for a total of 6486 monthly kobans [this is assuming you can't manage to break the top 1000 for any category, nor top 4 in any contest in an entire month]). This means you get given more than enough for a free 10x spin each month assuming you don't spend on anything else. So you can spin a little more often than you're implying, especially if you receive an extra 60 a day from the monthly card.

your math is correct.  It is necessary to spend kobans to add to combativity during any event in order to have enough battles to win the event girls.  I do not often spend Kobans on anything else other than critical market items.  I do not spend them to buy levels for my harem- again ROI is poor, average cost is one Koban buys 1000 to 2000 bucks,.  battling Roki returns roughly 2800 per Koban, plus whatever value from chances on a girl if one is available.  I always complete the missions, and about 1 in 5 I get a Koban return from a contest. Too soon to really see what the ROI is from the new tower weekly awards, but it is encouraging. Now we actually get something from the tower instead of a flat nothing.  I do not use the 12 Kobans for a 10X battle, that is just a waste of Kobans.  Very occasionally I will use the refill in the market, and I spend Kobans on critical market items - when they are available - to maintain fighting strength for PVP.  Bottom line, I rarely have more than 3K kobans stored.  I stop buying even essentials when I drop below 1K, and that only happens during an event.  I never spend resources on "profile" items.  Math says I spend something like 3-4K kobans per month.  I will have to track it some, but I estimate 75-85% of that is spent on combativity refills.  Doing so gives a significantly better ROI than 5400 Kobans for one girl.  spending kobans for combativity returns money and chances to win a girl, usually two per month.  So if winning two event girls per month costs 4K kobans, those Kobans will return a max of 11M (Roki) to 2 to 4M if DL or similar.  Those funds combined with daily and PVP wins gives you about 30-40% of what you need to keep your harem up. the Harem has to earn the rest.  For the Harem - and PVP - to return max, you have to play every 30 minutes 24 hours a day.  At least PVP is contributing - slowly - to keeping up your harem..

Bottom line, by my analysis, the way I play, Pachinko is a money sink with at best half the ROI that can be accomplished through combativity and PVP.