Arena low mojo fights? This normal?

Rukvia

So, in the past week, for every fight I've won, I've been gaining like 1 to 6 Mojo max and when I lose, I lose 20+ Mojo. Is this sort of thing normal for everyone now? Did they change the formula for the Arena? It made me drop from the top 50 rank to under 100. :| 

Last week I was in top 10, so I don't understand how thing works at all.

I'm lvl 252, if this matters at all.

Edited by Rukvia

2 minutes ago, BananaJoy said:

yes sadly thats normal when u dont have any opponent in range which have much higher level or total ranking. the whole mojo point system isnt really ballanced and was already complained several times.

That's unforutnate, I guess. :( If this is the case, then I can only expect from now on to keep on falling down the mojo slide because I can't win enough to sustain my ranking let alone increase it.

The Mojo system is perfectly balanced.
People just keep failing to understand why it works the way it works.

It's normal that you get a small amount of points against lower ranked opponents, and a larger amount of points against higher ranked opponents.
Where it goes wrong is the selection system, but that has nothing to do with the balance of the Mojo system itself.

33 minutes ago, Chthugha said:

The Mojo system is perfectly balanced.
People just keep failing to understand why it works the way it works.

It's normal that you get a small amount of points against lower ranked opponents, and a larger amount of points against higher ranked opponents.
Where it goes wrong is the selection system, but that has nothing to do with the balance of the Mojo system itself.

that we have different opinions about that matter is ok. but agree that the option to choose own opponent was removed is really a shame. but anyway. it is how it is now. and the sytem that weaker opponent gives less mojo is normal. 

Most of the people I fight are over my level though, so I don't know. :( If what the mod is saying is correct, then I just fell in the black pocket of bad rolls cause I don't seem to get anymore than 1 to 6 mojos per fight when a week ago I got between 12 and 24 and ocassionally 1 to 6.

I just hope there's no back code to make things this way to force you to spend kobans for reroll on opponents or refresh on them. I've been playing on the clock, every 30 min for almost the entire day, so I don't know why it's like this.

Edited by Rukvia

To clarify on what Chthugha said, the mojo gain is based on their mojo relative to yours, in a range of 1 to 32 (unsure of exact maths on how to figure out the gain). The loss of mojo is 32 subtract the amount you could win. Level doesn't factor into it at all, which is why opponents who are stronger than you can give less reward than someone who is weaker.

Yeah, I think I'm going to give up on hoping to achieve anything in the Arena. I had a few days of fun where I was gaining 20-30 Mojo for each loss and win, now I'm stuck at winning only 1-6 Mojo max and losing up to 31 Mojo. I'm losing fights I have no idea why I am losing (when my stats appear to be higher). I'm winning fights I think I can't win (when my stats are obviously lower). I just lost a battle from which I was supposed to win 6 Mojo but instead lost 31 Mojo, so I don't know how George's math ads up to this.

I just keep getting furstrated more and more for not understanding what I don't even know what I'm supposed to understand. Winning in the Arena is the same as playing the Pachinko. It's all about luck apparently. >.>

My suggestion: just make the Mojo wins/loss rate a fix rate instead of making it dependent on the ranking. It's a good patch for now until you can solve the math nitpicks in the code for the selection or variable Mojo win/loss ratio.

Either way, thank you for taking your time to reply to my question. :)

Edited by Rukvia

3 hours ago, Rukvia said:

I just keep getting furstrated more and more for not understanding what I don't even know what I'm supposed to understand. Winning in the Arena is the same as playing the Pachinko. It's all about luck apparently. >.>

I don't like the mojo system either, but the game is very predictable now. If you don't understand why you lose it means that you don't know exactly how the battle system works.

about the mojo not really care that much. that i can win but this stupid level cap where ppl +-15 level are unable to be attacked is annoying. at least for the top 100 this should be disabled. all the low levels in the higher ranking cant be attacked because of that. same for the top 4 ranked which r only safe cause of their high level (not because of their stats)

What you guys think about a 100 lvl +/- and 2500 mojo +/- range, farming a specific player could be prevented by making each player able to be attacked only, let's say from 3-5 times daily? Is this worth considering, ironing out details and then put in suggestion forum?

5 minutes ago, Vulture said:

What you guys think about a 100 lvl +/- and 2500 mojo +/- range, farming a specific player could be prevented by making each player able to be attacked only, let's say from 3-5 times daily? Is this worth considering, ironing out details and then put in suggestion forum?

r u even in the top ranks? if u dont understand the problem why u interfier. if u have read my previous post, then u should have noticed that i mentioned the top 100 ranks

Even in lowest ranks there are stages that you face the same few opponents and bots with low mojo again and again, this could fix the problem for all, possibly.

Edit: And in the time while I struggle with low mojo income, those above me widen the gap while the ones from behind closes it and possibly surpasses me.

Edit2: Now, what you suggested, bananajoy, is clearly the forming of casts. The top 100 being able to improve while the rest watches in awe and keep getting left behind in mojo, with no ability to keep up may I ad. I'm surprised how you can't see that the current top 100 from where your idea would be implemented would be untouchable for the rest, as long as they keep playing. 

This thread is about low mojo in arena and I'm merely giving out a possible solution for ALL, not just few selected people.

Edited by Vulture

9 hours ago, Daniele said:

I don't like the mojo system either, but the game is very predictable now. If you don't understand why you lose it means that you don't know exactly how the battle system works.

I won't deny it. But here are my stats and the average type of players I go against (sometimes I go up against players over lvl 250 with Ego bigger than mine). All of them netted me between 1 and 3 Mojo respectively. I played on the clock every 30 min (it's a good break time and brain reset tool for me in my line of work). My total Mojo is 12379 if this matters. The bump in the road was hit somewhere at around 12200. I tried to look at the stats and compare them with mine, but yeah, maybe I don't get what I'm supposed to get. :)) I'm at only 395 PVP wins so far, but out of 10 battles I may lose only 1 or 2.

EDIT: For the opponents after those in the pic below, I finally got 12 Mojo from one and 5 from another. I almost shed a tear... It was like seeing a rare girl drop in the pachinko instead of a story one.

On my list, in the top 10 there are players who are over lvl 260, three over 290, while the top 100 players is filled mostly with people under lvl 200.

I don't find it fair to keep going down the list when I'm winning the big majority of my battles.

Then again, there's one thing I can think about which probably all of us omitted. I'm talking about the possibility that the Arena system right now may be intended by the Devs to work as a booster for the low levels? I mean, it doesn't give Kobans as a reward and while the 2.5 mil and the 5 mil prizes are eye catching, it's not something the high levels with full story explored and all if not most girls added to their harems can't gather in the span of a few days, right?

5b6fd8318cd47_arenastats.thumb.jpg.de9e25cbb0920c51297e6d4bc85e551a.jpg

Edited by Rukvia

There is in fact a bit of a kink in the mojo standings right now, which should become apparent like this:

2500th: 16,683
2600th: 16,569 (-114)
2700th: 16,424 (-145)
2800th: 16,270 (-154)
2900th: 16,089 (-181)
3000th: 15,900 (-189)
3100th: 15,637 (-263)
3200th: 15,188 (-449)
3300th: 14,084 (-1104)
3400th: 13,419 (-665)
3500th: 12,877 (-542)
3600th: 12,639 (-238)
3700th: 12,375 (-264)
3800th: 12,228 (-147)
3900th: 12,107 (-121)
4000th: 12,017 (-90)

So, there's a block of about 2500 mojo points (from around 13,000 to 15,500) which is very sparsely populated with players. Rukvia, you're at 12,433 right now, which might explain why you're finding relatively few higher-mojo opponents at the moment. I'm afraid it probably won't get better until you've moved beyond that gap, and that will only happen if you try hard to avoid losing battles.

I do not understand how you guys get so much Mojo. I am fighting in the Arena all the time. And if i win, i get 1 mojo point, or at least less than 10. Very rarely i get more than 10. But too often i loose, even to players that on paper i way weaker than me, and then i loose heaps of points. What am I doing wrong?

5 hours ago, Loghan said:

I do not understand how you guys get so much Mojo. I am fighting in the Arena all the time. And if i win, i get 1 mojo point, or at least less than 10. Very rarely i get more than 10. But too often i loose, even to players that on paper i way weaker than me, and then i loose heaps of points. What am I doing wrong?

Nothing. Here's a quote from earlier in the thread that explains why the gains are the way they are.

On 11/08/2018 at 7:58 PM, GeorgeMTO said:

To clarify on what Chthugha said, the mojo gain is based on their mojo relative to yours, in a range of 1 to 32 (unsure of exact maths on how to figure out the gain). The loss of mojo is 32 subtract the amount you could win. Level doesn't factor into it at all, which is why opponents who are stronger than you can give less reward than someone who is weaker.

7 hours ago, Loghan said:

stop loosing then u slowly gains more and more mojo. we all started from the bottom and worked over several month higher and higher. didnt checked a while but think must have something about 40-50k now

Thanks. I have more than 6500 in mojo now. But still I lose ridiculously often. I have tried to chose adversaries that are lower on ego and level, but that didn't work. And now i know why. But how the heck am i gona advance, if the few fights i win only give 1mojo point?. Well this certainly is gonna be a marathon, not a sprint. I better arm myself with some patience and get going.

20 hours ago, _shal_ said:

There is in fact a bit of a kink in the mojo standings right now, which should become apparent like this:

So, there's a block of about 2500 mojo points (from around 13,000 to 15,500) which is very sparsely populated with players. Rukvia, you're at 12,433 right now, which might explain why you're finding relatively few higher-mojo opponents at the moment. I'm afraid it probably won't get better until you've moved beyond that gap, and that will only happen if you try hard to avoid losing battles.

I'm not sure about this, sparsely populated does not necessarily correlate to few higher-mojo opponents.  Perhaps it depends what level you are.  I'm also in this area with around 13,500 mojo and I've had no problems getting good gains, been top 500 mojo in the weekly for both of the last two weeks.  I may hit a wall at some point but I'm currently 356th for this week too.

56 minutes ago, Ben9 said:

I'm not sure about this, sparsely populated does not necessarily correlate to few higher-mojo opponents.  Perhaps it depends what level you are.  I'm also in this area with around 13,500 mojo and I've had no problems getting good gains, been top 500 mojo in the weekly for both of the last two weeks.  I may hit a wall at some point but I'm currently 356th for this week too.

The OP is currently at the start of that zone, so their +/- 1000 mojo envelope includes a lot more lower-ranked players than higher-ranked ones and the random opponent selection will thus also feature more small mojo scores. Additionally they're at a very high hero level already for a relative beginner in PvP - for players like you and me, who are fairly new in the game, our (small) choice of available opponents mostly consists of players who started around the same time we did and who are also very committed PvP players, so the dynamics are somewhat different and it's not so difficult to find at least a few with bigger mojo totals.

So this means I need to start grinding the 1 - 6 mojos battles and make sure I don't lose battles too often. Guess by those calculations, I will be back in top 500 sometime in September... by playing on the clock daily. Sigh...

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/12/2018 at 6:18 PM, _shal_ said:

I just wanted to confirm this theory with my own experience. I played daily arena and gotten only 1 mojo or so for each and every fight when I was between 12000 and 14500. Once I got past 14500, I began to go up in the ranking. Right now, at 15116 Mojo, I managed to get into the top 10 on my list. Hopefully, I'll be able to maintain it or grow higher.

What I did was simply grind the low mojo battles without losing 1 battle once every 10 or more battles.

• Thanks 1