What's up with the match making in the arena?

jijo250

So all day today I've been running the arena, and I normally get a fight that will net me +30/-1 MOJO, +1/-30 MOJO, and/or somewhere in between, but today I've been getting nothing but the +30/-1 matches, and now my MOJO bracket is so much higher then what I can hit, I have to loose 30 matches before I might have a chance at wining a fight. That's 5 hours for 1 win if I don't pay for a refresh. Which means I missed out on the arena gifts for today. 

Edited by jijo250
browser log in bug fixed/ line removed no longer relevant
  • Thanks 1

What I am getting for several days (being level 195 right now) is the same 2 opponents I can't beat and some random bot with zero stars girls. Before that I was facing 1 weaker opponent (always the same one) and 2 random bots for a week or more. Before that there was a pool of 4 opponents. It could certainly use some more variety

Well,  things seem to be back to normal again. I kind of liked it when it we had that short time with only 2 opponents because each time was a +1/-30 match with much weaker opponent, allowing me to get some much lacking wins for me for once.

Although I do still seem to get the +30/-1 match more often then not.

I know the Devs won't reveal the secret sauce to how their match making service works, but are there any hints, rumors, or thoughts on how it works, because it would be nice to get out of the +30/-1 match lock rut for once.

considering that there are a plethora of Facebook games with pvp ladders that are quite good you would think the developers would just use one of those designs.  the current design has so many flaws they might as well remove pvp from their game. 

my monthly sub is up tomorrow and i doubt i will play the game any more after that.

3 hours ago, jijo250 said:

I know the Devs won't reveal the secret sauce to how their match making service works, but are there any hints, rumors, or thoughts on how it works, because it would be nice to get out of the +30/-1 match lock rut for once.

I don't have the exact maths on hand for exactly how much mojo we gain, but we know it's proportional to the opponent's mojo relative to yours (higher gain if they have a higher mojo than you). They have told us previously that the potential opponents are chosen randomly from people who are at most 15 levels away from you, and within 1000 mojo either side of you.

5 hours ago, GeorgeMTO said:

I don't have the exact maths on hand for exactly how much mojo we gain, but we know it's proportional to the opponent's mojo relative to yours (higher gain if they have a higher mojo than you). They have told us previously that the potential opponents are chosen randomly from people who are at most 15 levels away from you, and within 1000 mojo either side of you.

OK, so far this does seem to be the case, but I'm still being matched with people who are 10+ levels up 66% of the time. 66% can still be chalked up to random chance, but still...

I am starting to hit the upper levels, so I guess my random pool might be shrinking.

Yeah, im new (setember 3) but i kind feel strange hit always opponents +3 lvl above me...and now with lvl 18 most my opponents are lvl 22 wtf, also if i win i just get 1 mojo point against these opponents +4 lvl above. Anyway congrats for make this great game, i should have know early, lost levitya event T_T. By the way this is my first comment on the forum, my native language is portuguese and my english is very poor writing, im better reading. Bye!!

Edited by Bakko

On 9/8/2018 at 11:16 PM, Aintpretty said:

considering that there are a plethora of Facebook games with pvp ladders that are quite good you would think the developers would just use one of those designs.  the current design has so many flaws they might as well remove pvp from their game. 

my monthly sub is up tomorrow and i doubt i will play the game any more after that.

they finally announced a pvp change. wonder how bad that will hit the already really bad connectivity issues.  hope it works out for y'all.

• 2 months later...

nice to read to be not alone. since a few weeks I also need like 10-14 hours to finish 16 arena wins - just because the majority is +30/-1 , so at the end I gain more mojo than I loose which brings me back to … seems I need to invest in leg mono items, because otherwise the huge ego difference I can't explain.

Just in my league brackets are so many with so low ego, I wonder why I never see them in battle...

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, windia said:

Just in my league brackets are so many with so low ego, I wonder why I never see them in battle... 

Because they aren't in your pool (if memory serves me, +- 15 levels and +- 1000 mojo)

Edited by Daniele
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, windia said:

nice to read to be not alone. since a few weeks I also need like 10-14 hours to finish 16 arena wins - just because the majority is +30/-1 , so at the end I gain more mojo than I loose which brings me back to … seems I need to invest in leg mono items, because otherwise the huge ego difference I can't explain.

I too have a hard time completing the daily 16 arena wins.  Mostly, it will take me 2 days to complete. About a week ago, it took me 3 days to complete because all opponents were 8k-12k ego over me and I have no hope of defeating them.  I get 1 opponent I can defeat every 2 or 3 hours (that's 4-6 refreshes!).  And I'm certainly not going to spend kobans on an arena refresh. 

If legendary monostat items would drop in Great Pachinko or even the market occasionally, I might be able to keep up.  My gear is so low, I estimate I am about 10k-15k ego lower than if all my leggy monostat gear was current level (which I know will never happen) - but I could at least get closer so i can compete with those I am matched with in the arena.

Right now, I am in a painfully horrible place with the arena.  If i know I cannot defeat an opponent, I don't fight them so I don't lose the mojo.  But maybe, i should start fighting them and losing all that mojo just so i can get new opponents I can defeat.  ....but then I'll earn the mojo back and be in the same spot again.  Ugh.  This just sucks.  

It's best to fight all three opponents in the arena. You'll lose some Mojo, get some easier opponents, beat more opponents, and get more mojo. Considering mojo doesn't actually do anything for you, and the EXP, girl EXP, affection, and other stuff you win does help you, it's an obvious choice.

• Like 2

On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 4:09 AM, Moe Overload said:

It's best to fight all three opponents in the arena. 

I think and do so as well. never know if there is a luck shot and never care about mojo.

I checked my all time ranking and there it is:

• mojo: ~250
  • XP: ~1000
  • stats: ~330
  • harem lvl: ~1500
  • Girls: ~2400

So it is easy for me to see my problem: 

My mojo is far to high regarding my level and I can't offset/ compensate it - regarding No of girls I am above average in harem level. also stats are above average regarding xp. Besides I noticed that since there is weekly ToF, pvp got much harder. Not first week, just after 3rd they rocketed.

Well, one day I will have 90 % of my girls maxed in affection, then I will collect money for great pachinko...

Edited by windia