Full energy refill on level up

Daniele

Even more here: for the last two levels I gained, I was gathering completed activities daily missions: at the moment of the level gain, the message said +10 and the bar at the top of the screen grew of that value. But, after this, the remaining daily missions I had to gather got their "Get reward" button blocked in gray. I clicked on the Hentai Heroes logo to get back to the main page and then returned to the Activities page: the remaining missions got unlocked to gather, and I got much more energy than before on the energy bar. In the last level I reached 100, but I had more than 50 before leveling, in the previous level i reached 77 and if memory serves me I was around 30 before leveling.

• 4 weeks later...

i did some tests on this issue and it seems to work like this:

on each lvl up you gain the planned +10 energy
and then gain the same amount of energy that you saved up,
since the last time you have spent energy on a story part...

example: you use up energy and have 5 left unused. you gain further 30 without using any.
if you then lvl up you gain +10 as intended and another buggy +30
and end up at 75 instead of 45 where you should be.

the "buggy energy" is not counted beyond 100, so it often looks like a full refill.

if you lvl up by using energy, then everything looks like working as intended,
since there is no energy saved up since the last energy use, so no additional energy is added.

i hope this helps to narrow down where to look for the bug.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just to say that the level up energy refill still works like Skiron said.
I didn't pay too much attention to it (actually i don't pay attention at all, the adventure is the last thing i care about), i always collect my completed mission rewards at night, all at once one after the other, and most of the time that's the moment when i lvl up, usually ending with 100/100 energy. But a couple of days ago, after levelling up with 1 of my accounts (don't remember which server), i ended up with 99/100 energy. I don't know how many points i had before the lvl up, but i wouldn't want the devs to think i did it intentionally xD

• 2 weeks later...

Let's hope that the devs fix this quickly, as at a certain level it is quite hard for a player to avoid to appear exploiting this bug on purpose. Having seen the threatening tone of the message where the devs advised they didn't had a heavy hand with the Tower of Fame reward error exploiters, and given the nature of the energy error, I am fearing that in the future they may misinterpret the game logs accusing someone to have voluntarily exploited the energy error when the player were simply gathering resources, founding himself with more energy than he deserved with no guilt. Note that I don't imply any offense or accusation of incompetence to the devs with this: I simply intend that, as the error (in my humble opinion), even to the eyes of experts, is easily subject to misinterpretation regarding the intentional exploitation, after almost one and a half year of play I would hate to be inserted in the list of culprits when I did nothing: already by the last few levels I got "victim" of the bug without actively searching for it. To avoid the bug I would have been forced to wait hours to get the energy bar to refill itself, thus risking to lose arena battles and league tokens (not simply by the overfilling of the bar but by time interaction with my personal life engagements), and this would be an unfair thing I'm not willing to do.

7 hours ago, Observer_X said:

Let's hope that the devs fix this quickly, as at a certain level it is quite hard for a player to avoid to appear exploiting this bug on purpose. Having seen the threatening tone of the message where the devs advised they didn't had a heavy hand with the Tower of Fame reward error exploiters, and given the nature of the energy error, I am fearing that in the future they may misinterpret the game logs accusing someone to have voluntarily exploited the energy error when the player were simply gathering resources, founding himself with more energy than he deserved with no guilt. Note that I don't imply any offense or accusation of incompetence to the devs with this: I simply intend that, as the error (in my humble opinion), even to the eyes of experts, is easily subject to misinterpretation regarding the intentional exploitation, after almost one and a half year of play I would hate to be inserted in the list of culprits when I did nothing: already by the last few levels I got "victim" of the bug without actively searching for it. To avoid the bug I would have been forced to wait hours to get the energy bar to refill itself, thus risking to lose arena battles and league tokens (not simply by the overfilling of the bar but by time interaction with my personal life engagements), and this would be an unfair thing I'm not willing to do.

"Fix this quickly"? xD It's been in the game for nearly three months as this thread attests to. This may also provide the discerning reader with some idea of how seriously they might take "exploitation" of this bug, considering the ToF problem got fixed within a week after its exploit potential became common knowledge.

19 hours ago, Observer_X said:

To avoid the bug I would have been forced to wait hours to get the energy bar to refill itself,

Actually it's pretty easy to avoid this bug, it's enough to use your energy at least once before levelling up. But i always forget to do it, as i said it's the last thing i care about.

However, i wouldn't worry about being accused of something. We all know what those banned users did with the tof bug, they were here at tof reset refreshing the page countless times to get multiple rewards: we talk about millions of ymens, thousend of kobans and all the other stuff... imho they would deserve even more than a temporary ban.
This bug is not even remotely close to that.

• Darsca locked this topic