Forum Login Issues

Imick Says

Ever since the last patch, I've been randomly getting logged in and out of the forum and once I'm logged out, nothing I've done has been able to get me logged back in. I just have to wait until randomly, out of nowhere, I'm logged in again. I've had a similar problem before, related to cookies, but that's not the issue this time because I've tried clearing them and the problem still persists. I've restarted my browser; I've restarted my computer; but the only thing that has worked so far is waiting.

Has anyone else had this issue?

• Thanks 2

i'm facing the same issue and i happen to know that @Chthugha our dear moderator has similar issues aswell alongside others. luckily @GeorgeMTO can still access the forum and prevent anarchy. 😂

it seems to pretty widespread. let's hope they provide a solution soon (they should already be aware of it due to the mass complaining on the discord server)

• Community Manager

Hey, all!

Quite a few people were affected by this issue. The dev team is working hard on solving the case.

There appears to be a problem with the cookies.

Thank you for the patience, I will keep you updated.  

• Thanks 1

For several days now, I could view the forum, but whenever I tried to login, I got redirected to the game.

On Mythos's advice, I deleted all my cookies for the site (couldn't figure out how to single out the club cookie) and logged back in. That fixed things. And if it's a case of me having to repeatedly do that, it's not too much trouble, for now.

But I have to say, Clubs are really not leaving a good impression on me so far.

my 2 firefox private cents.

If they haven't found the problem yet. I was unable to log in to the forum the minute I joined a club. When I left  the club and did the workaround - delete cookies and website information -  I was able to join the forum again. However that succes was short lived. When I joined a club again I couldn't log in the forum once more. The workaround did not work either.

Now I have updated  firefox as well as windows 10 and I left the club again I am able to type here. Currently I am on the doorstep of yet another club (Dutch heroes) requesting entrance, so I am not yet in.

If I do get in and am frozen out of the forum again it may be that the club cookie interferes with the forum login cookie.

edit: I know this is an old thing that sometimes bugs ppl but somehow affected a lot of ppl since the introduction of the clubs so it may be two things unrelated

Keep playing, have fun, play nice :P

edit 2: I am accepted in the club. We'll see if I get kicked off of the forum or not.

(I'll let you know through my long silences. lol)

7 hours - still in -  last time it was seconds/minutes after joining a club.

almost 2 days in: still ok.

I think: problem solved.

Edited by dirty harry

5 hours ago, dirty harry said:

my 2 firefox private cents.

Now I'm very curious, I also use firefox, the cookie workaround worked for me, and I haven't had any issues since. And I'm almost positive there's at least one firefox update I haven't applied yet, I tend to wait a few days (or weeks) before doing so. If it matters, I just left a club earlier today, but so far that doesn't seem to have impacted me yet. Buuut maybe I'll hold off on joining another until this is resolved. Just in case.

I've had this login issue too (and I use Chrome).  I have the game auto-log me in when I open the browser.  But when the forums do not auto-log me in, I found that if I log out of the game, and then re-log into the game, then it auto-logs into the forums when I open it up.    

Edited by Mr.Goodfellow

On ‎11‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 9:52 PM, Mr.Goodfellow said:

I've had this login issue too (and I use Chrome).  I have the game auto-log me in when I open the browser.  But when the forums do not auto-log me in, I found that if I log out of the game, and then re-log into the game, then it auto-logs into the forums when I open it up.    

similiar to me: one browser more or less is "permanent logged in to the game". But going from there to forum does usually not work for me. (which means: calling the forum link directly, says "existing user? - log in!" => clicking to do so loads the game … which logs me in automatically, calling forum from there - still logged out)

I either Logout Login or use another browser. 

Which brings me to my "it bugs me" point: on my first steps into that forum I went crazy because I got forced to play the game instead of accessing the forum. It only works if I have a game account. regardless the fact that I had to choose another nickname for the forum … well, I'm here.

Edited by windia
detailing my login process even it seemed to be clear already
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, windia said:

similiar to me: one browser more or less is "permanent logged in to the game". But going from there to forum does usually not work for me. (which means: calling the forum link directly, says "existing user - log in" => doing so loads the game … which logs me in, calling forum from there - logged out)

I either Logout Login or use another browser. 

Which brings me to my "it bugs me" point: on my first steps into that forum I went crazy because I got forced to play the game instead of accessing the forum. It only works if I have a game account. regardless the fact that I had to choose another nickname for the forum … well, I'm here.

Agreed!  It is so annoying to have to log into the game to log into the forums.  It should be a separate login system, although, it can/should use the same login credentials/username for the game.  

• Like 1

I was a little too hasty with my last post, apparently. Some time after posting that I got logged out of the forums again, which I also think was some time after collecting my awards from the ToF (which I had completely forgotten about on Sunday). But clearing my cookies did work for me this time so there is a workaround at least.

2 hours ago, Imick Says said:

I was a little too hasty with my last post, apparently. Some time after posting that I got logged out of the forums again, which I also think was some time after collecting my awards from the ToF (which I had completely forgotten about on Sunday). But clearing my cookies did work for me this time so there is a workaround at least.

ditto

On 11/19/2018 at 4:51 AM, Noacc said:

The forum should be ok now. 

If anyone is still experiencing the issue ping me, please. 😁

I have the issue whenever I was in a Club and accidentally opened club chat.  I use Chrome on my phone.  I just left the club I was in and applied to another one.  Deleted cookies and forum is fine.  Suspect if I am able to join another club I will once again be signed out of forum.

On 11/18/2018 at 3:52 PM, Mr.Goodfellow said:

Well, this happened to me again.  *sigh*  And this time, logging out of the game and logging back in did not fix it like it had previously.  

• 2 months later...