League table columns

Observer_X

I don't know if anyone may agree with me on this, but I think the league table can be improved a bit, so I wish to spend my two cents on this.

Specifically, as there is no need (IMHO) of them in the table list, the players portraits may be removed and the country flag should be moved to the player side column. This would free some space that I personally believe would be better occupied by a single column with the players EGO amount, with the possibility to sort like the level and battles columns.

Another idea (although i think it could be quite complex in realization) should be to substitute the current diciture of the battles column with the three squares of the not fought/won/lost battles, giving the player a colored eye view of his overall situation simply by scrolling the list, as seeing simply 0/3, 1/3, 2/3 or 3/3 gives less information overall.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I agree with Observer_x's suggestions.

• See and sort by ego. Yeah!
  • Replace n/3 with something with more info in the same space. Yeah!

Maybe replace the level column with your choice of level or ego?

I think having player class in the list and being able filter on it would also be helpful. (I.e.: There is a hardcore judge active and I (knowhow) want to avoid hardcore players.)

3 minutes ago, snowman22 said:

I think having player class in the list and being able filter on it would also be helpful. (I.e.: There is a hardcore judge active and I (knowhow) want to avoid hardcore players.)

Believe it or not, I was about to add the same thing to my previous post. :)

I found the level colum useful, anyways: if you're bound to losing battles, ordering players by level you can fight the highest first an obtain a few more experience points.

I would like to have all images removed.

Because loading the league on a mobile … sucks for me. Takes ages, even after a combat where I hit "ok" to get the table "resorted" for next fight. (even because all images should be in cache right now).

edit: after posting I saw you had this part already suggested:

Sorting by ego would be awesome, instead of n/3 I could live with three dots: empty, red, green to see quicker on a small screen like my mobile. just they need to be a browser painted field, not any image (see above).

Edited by windia

I had also another idea. On the current enemy player column, on the right of the screen, if some space is gained it could be used to show some league stats of that player: I think that knowing the actual total of won/lost battles, and a line in the form "Against you:" followed by the three small black/red/green boxes for the battles may be interesting for some players.

• 1 month later...

I made a screener. Please notice that the league ticket counter went upstairs , had to shrink the other ones a bit. 

I deleted player's icons and country flags because I don't need them. There is room left to put it back, just the hundred icons slow down the page loading.

league_screen_nutaku_eng_suggest2.png

Edited by windia
  • Like 2

in my opinion the adition of ego column would be the most useful change in the table.

But to accomodate the name column (it has to be wide for long usernames), probably will lead to a smaller overall font size in the league view, think what that implies for people who play in his phone.

I overcoloured the national flags and the ego could move more right (as lvl is limited to XXX), so there would be space. For the league screen I don't think there is a smaller font size necessary. Also would not be practical, it is quite tiny already.

Edited by windia

Almost as I imagined it. Good work. I also thought that instead of the flags, it may be more useful to have in the list the symbol of the player specialization (Hardcore, Charm or Know-how). For the rest, I am quite sure that, if a modify like this would ever see the light (a think which, unfortunately, i am not optimistic about), the devs would be able to arrange the space as needed.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Observer_X said:

Almost as I imagined it. Good work. I also thought that instead of the flags, it may be more useful to have in the list the symbol of the player specialization (Hardcore, Charm or Know-how). For the rest, I am quite sure that, if a modify like this would ever see the light (a think which, unfortunately, i am not optimistic about), the devs would be able to arrange the space as needed.

Thanks.

And of course! The speciality! Thank you! see new draft:

league_screen_nutaku_eng_suggest3.png

On 1/6/2019 at 1:45 AM, Observer_X said:

Exactly like that :)

Would you forgive me for a finicky remark? The "green" squares (at least on my monitor) appear quite tending to yellow (at least in comparison to the lucid grass-like green used by the game). Was it a pre-made graphic?

Thanks.

The win/loss squares I made got default colours offeres by MS Paint. So yes, here it looks somehow yellowish, looked more green while editing.

Could have taken the pipette for it. Didn't 😉

red does not fit either - aimed for a strong lightning contrast.

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

After reading more and more complaints about "not getting a girl in (event) pachinko" I realized that the one slowing down coloumn with player's Avatar will stay - because you can buy them for kobans.

What a pity because they have much more pixels than in any screen resolution in ToF visible... (300*300 px)

I was actually just coming in to suggest being able to sort leagues by ego, so I'm glad to see others are thinking that way, too.  I do try to knock out challenges in order of ego, low to high, so sorting the list that way would be really helpful.

BTW, as useless as the flag column may be, I actually like having it there, as it's the only place I see where other players are from.  It has no real purpose in gameplay that I can see, but it's interesting, anyway.

17 hours ago, EdMuse said:

I was actually just coming in to suggest being able to sort leagues by ego, so I'm glad to see others are thinking that way, too.  I do try to knock out challenges in order of ego, low to high, so sorting the list that way would be really helpful.

BTW, as useless as the flag column may be, I actually like having it there, as it's the only place I see where other players are from.  It has no real purpose in gameplay that I can see, but it's interesting, anyway.

I don't understand if you are claiming a need to have the flag in the league table, but about seeing the players origin, there is a flag column also in the Leaderboard section. Anyways, don't forget that many players in the past (me included) have reported to have the wrong flag visualized (in my case, probably due to an active proxy at the moment of registering into HH).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Observer_X said:

I don't understand if you are claiming a need to have the flag in the league table, but about seeing the players origin, there is a flag column also in the Leaderboard section. Anyways, don't forget that many players in the past (me included) have reported to have the wrong flag visualized (in my case, probably due to an active proxy at the moment of registering into HH).

Not really claiming a need for the flag, just saying I find it interesting.  And given that, it's nice to have it in the leagues, which -- I don't know about the majority of players, but -- I visit regularly, when I practically never visit the leaderboards.  Didn't know about the inaccuracy thing.  Makes me want to go and check my own listing, now.  I'd imagine the location is derived from the players IP address, which can be inaccurate.  And anyone using a VPN that tunnels through somewhere other than their own country would probably see the flag of the country they tunnel through.

• 3 months later...

Contrary to my habits, for once I will indulge in necroposting for a (final?) note that I think it is adequate for this old thread, being me the one that started it and given the starting point below, although the purpose goes off-topic.

I think that although it was a modification so small that it didn't deserve a mention in the recent patch notes, you all noticed the new yellow frames around the players' avatars.

Now, I don't know about you, but frankly this is a change that I didn't feel the slightest need for, and I think the content of this thread explains why. I consider it the umpteenth demonstration, if someone still needed one, that to the devs of threads like this one and the ones around it (like all this subsection of the forum, for that matter) they don't give a damn about anything: unless that a suggestion like the one presented in this thread is not supported by a certain number of game whales (and not here, but on Patreon or Discord), certain speeches are simply not worthy of their attention.

Therefore, my advice is: if you have any suggestions, post them only if you have time to lose, because, if with all the valid ones that have been done so far, practically no one has received any feedback (neither positive nor negative) from those responsible (at least in the 2+ years I've played the game), it is not worth the effort.

1 hour ago, voffka said:

Man, the main question - how this can be monetized?

Never said that it can. The point is that, as far as I know, story teaches that in the past there was successful games that benefited from the developers following good suggestions from the players (if I am not wrong, in the past there was games that lost quickly fans because of this, and this fact lead to softwarehouses demise). Although up to now my memory does not allow me to give you examples, I found quite impossible that in three years of existence, in this forum there was not a single good advice the developers could have followed. In my past post I have said quite a number of times that I understand the devs necessity to gain money from their work, but this does not means that they should expect players playing the game and buying kobans and other things mindlessly, without listening to what they have to say. And this is the only behaviour they have showed in the past years, as far as I can remember.