Patch Notes 12/12/18 Discussion

Mika Kinkoid

52 minutes ago, Urist said:

Apologies, I missed that.

What do they do on Tuesdays? Other than ignoring this thread.

No idea :D

There are very few of them online in the discord server as well... so there might be some emergency meetings right now, or they have gone with holiday or something like that.
They haven't updated a thing in the discord server yet (no links to patch notes and such), which was done by a mod.

7 hours ago, Daniele said:

Sorry Daniele, I might have missed your post in the sea of salt that started with:

On 12/10/2018 at 4:47 PM, Mika Kinkoid said:

Hello all! :)

Welcome to the place where you can leave your comments on our latest Patch Notes!

• Haha 1

So it's been a week. It seems I was completely correct on this:

On 12/17/2018 at 3:03 PM, Urist said:

No responses from kinkoid today? That's how it goes, isn't it. Do something horrible on Friday, disappear for the weekend and ignore it on Monday.

This only confirms what I've long suspected, the devs don't care in the slightest what the player base thinks. As far as I'm concerned, this is the 3rd big issue that needs addressing before I'll ever spend another cent on the game. the 1st was several months ago, so I doubt that they'll even notice, but still it bears saying.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Urist said:

So it's been a week. It seems I was completely correct on this:

This only confirms what I've long suspected, the devs don't care in the slightest what the player base thinks. As far as I'm concerned, this is the 3rd big issue that needs addressing before I'll ever spend another cent on the game. the 1st was several months ago, so I doubt that they'll even notice, but still it bears saying.

Let's face it, this is a plain price increase for a girl drop. No more, no less. There's only one way for kinkoid to reconsider it: all players should completely ignore this new pachinko, spending no kobans in it, with a consequential considerable loss of earnings for them.
But i'm afraid that's not going to happen ^_^

• Like 1

We tend to underestimate the amount of people who spend kobans (free or paid) in the different features of the game, and Event Pachinko is not an exception. Looking at my opponents girls, gear and profile icons change in the past league, I estimate more than one third of them played at least one round of Event Pachinko. Extrapolated, that means thousand of players, and even if only 10% bought kobans for that, it amounts to an increase in revenue for the devs.

If there are a fraction of players angry because the odds didn't give them a girl and rage quit the game, they are compensated by the numbers who got them and stay in the game spending kobans, and more importantly, paying real money for those kobans.

If you look from the point of view of the devs, they work with big numbers and percentages, and while I am sure they also try to please the players in general, if their cash numbers are good then that justifies their changes. So they are not going to remove event pachinko, and any change will be minor.

• Sad 1

2 things to point out

this was the first time Event Pachinko rolled out for people to try. I'd say most tried it because it was a new feature, and to see how their luck was. Some players will use it regularly, but a significant portion were there to try it, and didn't like the results. I heard a few players complaining about how they got a girl, but it turned out that they had gotten an avatar instead. And the helmets. So many helmets......

Complaints on the forum and discord don't hold much credence with the devs. They know a small percentage of the players visit there, and even less speak their opinions. The backlash they do listen to is from the whales, some of whom also happen to be Patrons (Patreons?) of the game. Money talks, and it definitely caught the devs attention about how poorly that section of players reacted to this new feature.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Blain said:

Complaints on the forum and discord don't hold much credence with the devs. They know a small percentage of the players visit there, and even less speak their opinions. The backlash they do listen to is from the whales, some of whom also happen to be Patrons (Patreons?) of the game. Money talks, and it definitely caught the devs attention about how poorly that section of players reacted to this new feature.

just to make it clear: we have/had a heated discussion with the team (basically just with kaos, as jessie is the wrong person to discuss game mechanics with and no other kinkoid member bothers to talk to us) both on the patreon homepage and on the patreon discord channel. we brought up the same concerns as everyone did. we gave the same possible solutions as everone did. as far as i understood it they're completely shitting at our opinions. so yes, ofc money talks. but either the money from patrons is not important or they just don't understand how they're completely ruining the pachinko and punching the big spenders into their faces. so most of us gave up discussing and some of us might quit their patronage instead (like myself).

edit: we're still waiting for a response from the devs that was promised to our feedback. that was about a week ago. that just adds to what @Urist stated/observed.

Edited by Habi
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, jelom said:

We tend to underestimate the amount of people who spend kobans (free or paid) in the different features of the game, and Event Pachinko is not an exception. Looking at my opponents girls, gear and profile icons change in the past league, I estimate more than one third of them played at least one round of Event Pachinko. Extrapolated, that means thousand of players, and even if only 10% bought kobans for that, it amounts to an increase in revenue for the devs.

If there are a fraction of players angry because the odds didn't give them a girl and rage quit the game, they are compensated by the numbers who got them and stay in the game spending kobans, and more importantly, paying real money for those kobans.

If you look from the point of view of the devs, they work with big numbers and percentages, and while I am sure they also try to please the players in general, if their cash numbers are good then that justifies their changes. So they are not going to remove event pachinko, and any change will be minor.

First A little digression (in italics)

Freemium games in general follow one of two structures:

Put out a lot of (useless) content in order to rake in micro payments, and with that I mean nickles and dimes. These are mostly targeted at the young and naive like season 18  episode 6 of Southpark " Freemium isn't free" so clearly explains.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/videos/south-park-sums-up-freemium-games/84349408/

(this contains just a snippet of the explanation. Man, this episode is really blocked on youtube)

But Since this is an adult game that's not targeted at the young and naive there's the other structure. Besides, that's where the real profits are. With the whales which make up about 1% of the Freemium playerbase (also covered in the same episode of Southpark - can't find an accesible clip)

Add exclusive content for (big) money. Now the whales start spending.

As has been pointed out by several ppl whales don't mind spending as long as they get a guaranteed reward.

Taking away the guaranteed reward is also taking away the incentive to spend. But I guess some people, like EA, Blizzard and others  have to learn that the hard way.

Edited by dirty harry
  • Like 4

On 12/10/2018 at 6:02 PM, Moe Overload said:

Still works for me. You probably have the game in a frame and not directly in your browser window, that's why the refresh isn't working.

Yeah you were kinda right; it worked out the last days but just now I found out the problems source: It happens when you try to use the chat and then agree to be redirected to a "good URL", as the game prompt menu calls it. Means I can still use the page reload function but chat won't work. Mehh

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, 272850@211.ru said:

This is how to understand and where is the increased chance

это как понимать.jpg

Holy sh#t! I didn't know this was possible! It seems someone of the dev team has an obssession wth affection gifts... they are being pushed in our faces as an alternatve reward ever since the first legendary events, when people were gettting angry at farming the darklord. It seems soon our harem girls will start giving us affection gifts. And giving them a purple background doesn't make them feel less disappointing and more legendary/rewarding they are still crap, or should i say for the people more asquitanced wuth gaming here is your red herring. For the curious look in youtube for extra credits red herring.

6 minutes ago, Cantrix said:

Holy sh#t! I didn't know this was possible! It seems someone of the dev team has an obssession wth affection gifts... they are being pushed in our faces as an alternatve reward ever since the first legendary events, when people were gettting angry at farming the darklord. It seems soon our harem girls will start giving us affection gifts. And giving them a purple background doesn't make them feel less disappointing and more legendary/rewarding they are still crap, or should i say for the people more asquitanced wuth gaming here is your red herring. For the curious look in youtube for extra credits red herring.

The most sad is that's the screen capture of the Event Pachinko from 1800 Kobans...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Cantrix said:

Glad i resisted the temptation and stood away from the eevent pachinko. Well part of the reason is i still dont have bunny and her mother, and it's a bummer getting a boss girl from the pachinko feels like a loss rather than a win.

The only reason I'm doing those Pachinko spins is for the girls.  The gifts are trash, the Avatar Items are a bad joke, and I'm wearing almost a full suit of monostat purple gear, only one slot needs to be upgraded and it's REALLY rare to get it.