Devs give 0 feedback / reaction on forum / discord

Grandlord

7 hours ago, Sargaras said:

Hello devs, 

Hope you aren't doing well.

I see that you dont communicate with your community. What would you say about that?

P.S. your info posts arent counted as its only notification.

Are you talking about what you posted on discord?
image.png.6d6383ca43ff6bef748266256c6bb82c.png

image.png.ab63925d63e56db606d3805641815544.png

19 hours ago, Kinkoid said:

Could you be a bit more precise? We are intervening on the forum as much as possible. :)

I take time to read the new responses of the post 20 minutes, looking at the French and English. And it's not my game.

So it must refer to the bad reception of the community in the forum about: From Event Pachinko and pach notes 09/01 Karole and his Drop.., (since December 30 we started a reaction post to Karole), some 12/01 pach notes.. Etc.

Honestly, it's not new that when something does not like, you usually do not answer or try to "get it over time" and talk about "the next news" (new event or new pachinko girls or new epic event or "in the future the clubs .. Bla, Bla, Bla"), but really people do not forget and you only get them to be more discontented, they feel ignored and still get angry.

We do not want you to say "to balance the game" that sounds like a magic excuse, if it is To balance the game, make a note explaining how that part of the current system affects the balance and how it is corrected, learn to explain how and the why and you will save many communication problems and more important: trust in the Studio

You really should you and your team, stop and think about a better communication strategy with the players, because this is the feeling that you currently have: you do not care about the players, but how much money you can get from them anyway.

Att: -: Another player tired of your attitude.

Edited by saberbholt

I am perplexed by people's reactions sometimes...

Why are you assuming the dev. team owes you something like an explanation or discussion?

It is their gameand they are free to do whatever they like with it. The changes they want to make will happen, regardless of the community perception or criticism and no amounts of backlash will change that. This has proven to be the case over the last 2 years.

I doubt that you or any of the people not happy with Karole would be less displeased/angry if they told you a blanket explanation of the "balance" they wre aiming for. It has already been explained that they would like different bosses to drop different rewards. This has nothing to do with balance in it's usual form, but it's simply a developer directed decision-as i said a blanket statement.

I'd go as far as to say that it is creating intentional scarcity of money specifically for the highest level players who are most advanced in the story. Does it create balance- well somewhat. It slows down some players in favor of all others who are behind in catching up with them, wheter this is a good form of balance, or does player level matter so much ss to hit the income of the most advanced some- is a different story.

If it pushes people who are tired of receiving only affection gifts to the ever verse microtransactions, just to speed up obtaining the girls and going back to farming money-it's just a bonus! Though as most people would take the path with least resistance-it's a human nature.

Are you feeling better after i explained the change to you? Would you stop ranting? I doubt it. If you want to make a valid point and be paid attention to, consider lowering emotion to allow you to at least think things over. Just "shouting devs this and devs that" won't yeld you the expected results. Be civil...

Edited by Cantrix
Typos
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Cantrix said:

I am perplexed by people's reactions sometimes...

Why are you assuming the dev. team owes you something like an explanation or discussion?

It is their gameand they are free to do whatever they like with it. The changes they want to make will happen, regardless of the community perception or criticism and no amounts of backlash will change that. This has proven to be the case over the last 2 years.

I doubt that you or any of the people not happy with Karole would be less displeased/angry if they told you a blanket explanation of the "balance" they wre aiming for. It has already been explained that they would like different bosses to drop different rewards. This has nothing to do with balance in it's usual form, but it's simply a developer directed decision-as i said a blanket statement.

I'd go as far as to say that it is creating intentional scarcity of money specifically for the highest level players who are most advanced in the story. Does it create balance- well somewhat. It slows down some players in favor of all others who are behind in catching up with them, wheter this is a good form of balance, or does player level matter so much ss to hit the income of the most advanced some- is a different story.

If it pushes people who are tired of receiving only affection gifts to the ever verse microtransactions, just to speed up obtaining the girls and going back to farming money-it's just a bonus! Though as most people would take the path with least resistance-it's a human nature.

Are you feeling better after i explained the change to you? Would you stop ranting? I doubt it. If you want to make a valid point and be paid attention to, consider lowering emotion to allow you to at least think things over. Just "shouting devs this and devs that" won't yeld you the expected results. Be civil...

Do you realize that your explanation, even though it is coherent and certain loses all sense when what is reproached is that the development team itself creates threads in each patch to comment on this patch and then does not take the trouble to participate in those threads for that function that they have created?

And give an explanation of why there is this malaise and how to correct it is quite civilized in addition to feedback and indicate a possible improvement, which has been requested many times for years in communication

Edited by saberbholt

I was talking about the op statement with quote: "i hope you AREN'T doing well" when i said be civil. Perhaps i should have pointed that out.

Again you are assuming that the dev. team owes you something- they don't.

It's their product if you don't like it-don't use it.

Each time they create a topic for discussing new patches the description goes like this: WE have created a topic for YOU to discuss the changes. It's not WE have created a topic for YOU AND US to discuss the changes. Their job is done with creating the topic and observing, replying to each comment is not part of it, but rather is done in a good will.

Mind you i am not happy with the changes, but flooding the forum with rants won't help.

36 minutes ago, Cantrix said:

I was talking about the op statement with quote: "i hope you AREN'T doing well" when i said be civil. Perhaps i should have pointed that out.

Each time they create a topic for discussing new patches the description goes like this: WE have created a topic for YOU to discuss the changes. It's not WE have created a topic for YOU AND US to discuss the changes. Their job is done with creating the topic and observing, replying to each comment is not part of it, but rather is done in a good will.

Mind you i am not happy with the changes, but flooding the forum with rants won't help.

Well, now it's probably not civilized, but I really think you should listen to it so you can meditate.
If that's your attitude in life, when you do not like to keep silent and say nothing, then you have no right to complain or ask for changes.
The only way that the developers of this game have, the government when announcing or promoting a law, your boss when he asks you for something he should not, or even your partner if he does something that bothers you, is SAY what you think and if It seems good or bad.
Let your game, your company, your government president and go to do what you want is your right, but you also have the right to say when something does not seem right.

I hope this comment helps you see life in another way, but maybe you end up retiring at 75 by some law one day.

P.D .: Without the players, it is very likely that this game would not have reached 2 years of life and obviously they are interested in what the community thinks.

2 hours ago, Cantrix said:

When they are ignoring the people on the Patreon where we're paying 10-500 per month it kinda pisses people off.  For several months there was supposed to be a Q/A session with the Patreons and the Devs, for several months NONE of the Patreons could see the dev responses even though they told us they were there.  I'm still not sure if they were ever fixed since I stopped paying for Patreon since I lost my job.

il y a 59 minutes, Kinkoid a dit :

As stated here, we answered the issue around Karole by stating that it was our decision to oriente Villains in a specialized directions and that, in the future, more Villains will continue this logic.

You only answer was "Deal with it." Like you did with the Event Pachinko when the players were displeased with your decision. Even your Patreon didn't like it and your answer remained the same.

il y a 59 minutes, Kinkoid a dit :

Some users are expressing the disapproval of this decision while others are approving this changes, in the topic itself, showing that it is a question of preferences.

I didn't see a single high level player approve this change. Not. A. Single. One. What did you expect when you remove a mean to get money from the game when everything is getting more expensive? 

il y a une heure, Kinkoid a dit :

We consider that the increase of rewards we are providing since an year now, and the overall drop of cost of the affection for the Harem done nearly an year ago gave us the opportunity to change the logic of the Villains.

Exactly, we need less affection in general, so why make a boss (and a very high level boss on  top of that) who only gives affection items?

You didn't explain your logic at all, you threw a "to rebalance the game" without anything behind it. Why do you expect your playerbase to simply sit and approve these kind of changes without understanding the logic behind them? And you gave zero (0) answers in the previous patchnote feedback threads.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kinkoid said:

We saw multiple ones in the thread you are highlighting. And we didn't removed anything, we integrated something new. That is the first step of a new logic behind it. The logic is quite simple : as we increase the number of Villains in the game next to an increase activities and rewards, we are able to provide different, more specialized rewards in the game instead of generic ones.

The game will continue to develop and we need to take decisions to make sure that we will continue to propose new and different content for years to come.

then i have an idea. why dont u give players the chance to choose. for example: if u fight a boss u have to click first what kind of reward somebody wants. this way nobody can complain anymore cause both rewards r possible. u only need to choose before fighting the boss

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, BananaJoy said:

then i have an idea. why dont u give players the chance to choose. for example: if u fight a boss u have to click first what kind of reward somebody wants. this way nobody can complain anymore cause both rewards r possible. u only need to choose before fighting the boss

if a very good idea, minus problems for people don't like RNG gifts and everybody happy

5 hours ago, Kinkoid said:

As stated here, we answered the issue around Karole by stating that it was our decision to oriente Villains in a specialized directions and that, in the future, more Villains will continue this logic.
Some users are expressing the disapproval of this decision while others are approving this changes, in the topic itself, showing that it is a question of preferences.

We consider that the increase of rewards we are providing since an year now, and the overall drop of cost of the affection for the Harem done nearly an year ago gave us the opportunity to change the logic of the Villains.

Wrong thread. The 12/12 patch notes is about the blatant rip off that is event pachinko.

Il y a 2 heures, Kinkoid a dit :

an increase activities and rewards

There is just a tiny little detail you might have overlooked. The absolute best way to get money, xp and kobans right now is being highly ranked in the highest leagues. To be able to compete you need monostat stuff otherwise you don't have the slightest chance. To get monostat you need to spin the SP. The price for the SP are getting more and more expensive, but our income is frozen. See the problem?

On 1/15/2019 at 4:35 AM, Kinkoid said:

Well?

As I said, the 12/12 patch notes thread was not about Karole, it was about event pachinko. And just like in this thread, you show up briefly, talk about something completely unrelated, and disappear. I'm not going to re-litigate the entire thread. Go read that. And respond. Or is this thread's title true?

4 hours ago, Urist said:

Well?

As I said, the 12/12 patch notes thread was not about Karole, it was about event pachinko. And just like in this thread, you show up briefly, talk about something completely unrelated, and disappear. I'm not going to re-litigate the entire thread. Go read that. And respond. Or is this thread's title true?

While I do want more feedback, development takes a lot longer to do than complaints. While I do think Event Pachinko and Karole have flaws, they're recent issues, and I can actually see how they're steps closer to fixing some issues (spoiler is just what I think they're supposed to address).

I can see how Kinkoid thinks they are trying their best to address things. The affection thing isn't even implemented, but it's addressing one of the oldest complaints (feeling frustrated about making no progress on getting girls). Kinkoid doesn't seem to like to respond unless they can offer something about how they're planning to fix it. The thing with Karole and Event Pachinko isn't so much coming up with the general plan, but rather fine tuning them, which takes a lot longer. This is where Kinkoid needs to step up, saying that they hear and are playing with numbers, but haven't quite got results they're liking yet (or something similar).

Event Pachinko is addressing how hard it is to get Revival Event Pachinko girls unless you want to dump money into the game. With the amount of events and the shortened time frame on each, it's just harder to get enough kobans on time to do a 10x spin. The 1800 price is more to feel achievable costwise to at least attempt a spin in that 5 day span. The big issue is that it's too low a price for a girl in comparison to the normal 10x spin. Honestly, I think Kinkoid needs to rethink revivals, since a year from now is going to cause more problems calendar-wise. Addressing that might offer more possible solutions to the Event Pachinko problem. Oh, and single spin would be nice. If they limit the prizes to legendary equipment/avatars/girls, you gain actually up the price a touch from a normal single spin.

The whole trying to make villains distinct is actually a nice idea, since the roster's getting a bit large and until Karole they were all doing the same thing. If at higher levels Karole was guaranteed to only drop epic and legendary gifts, she'd be okay. However, it seems the set up is that they might want another gift boss later. The issue with Karole is that's she too late for what she's giving. If they want to have it where there's two gift bosses, it'd be better to make Karole the second with a better end prizes and retrofit a previous boss like Ninja Spy into a lower gift boss, when those gifts feel more useful.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, gnome said:

While I do want more feedback, development takes a lot longer to do than complaints.

If they intended to do something, all they would have to say is that they're working on it. They haven't. So I'm forced to conclude they simply don't care, and are ignoring the questions and complaints from the community.

And if you want an example of an older problem that's been completely ignored, how about the class "special attack" imbalance?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Urist said:

If they intended to do something, all they would have to say is that they're working on it. They haven't. So I'm forced to conclude they simply don't care, and are ignoring the questions and complaints from the community.

And if you want an example of an older problem that's been completely ignored, how about the class "special attack" imbalance?

That's kinda what I was saying:

On 1/21/2019 at 10:11 AM, gnome said:

Kinkoid doesn't seem to like to respond unless they can offer something about how they're planning to fix it... This is where Kinkoid needs to step up, saying that they hear and are playing with numbers, but haven't quite got results they're liking yet (or something similar).

With Charm thing (as someone with a Charm account), what I'd assume is not that they don't care, but rather that they don't have a clue on how to fix it. Which, in practical terms of actually getting a fix, is worse since, if it was mere apathy, getting them to look at the issue might get a quick solution.