the new attraction system is a joke change my mind

Likah

On 2/23/2019 at 8:16 AM, Vulture said:

There's this pesky thing called Real Life Obligations, so I didn't have time. If it was two days, I'd go for it, but by the time I saw the change it was too late as I could play only shortly, my 'luck' reset in the process to boot.

I'm calling BS, It would be fair from the Devs to put her in a 4 days revival ASAP, because to wait for the next Valentines day is a total robbery of my time. 

I have yet to obtain an Event girl from boss fights since shards were introduced, before I almost always got both girls, many times very fast, in fact, this system takes most of the fun from the game by burdening the player as some chore or even a second Job, something a game I play to relax from those should not be.

That's just your perception, i've almost never got both event girls without spending kobans on extra tries.So the new system is a big improvement in case you don't have luck on each girl.

2 hours ago, Cantrix said:

That's just your perception, i've almost never got both event girls without spending kobans on extra tries.So the new system is a big improvement in case you don't have luck on each girl.

Meh, I powered up trough bunny in a day with kobans and now I'm only using free combativity for Lupa, will see how it will pan out. I'm talking exact days here, 5am, servers and my time alike.

I thought about the problem with this and I got to the conclusion that it is not the problem in the shard system, but the events themselves. They are just too frequent, add the revivals and 'normal' days are just the one in between events the whole year. Meaning the Average Joe will spend more time on lower boss Girl Hunting than farming, even wasting kobans there. Now add lesser income, Shard systems big problem, and buying gear, stats and girls XP will become an Issue, for new players reaching high levels even more.

The (shorter) revival events always made it hard to win both girls. I missed out on the second one sometimes. Though now usually I already have both before it begins, so I cant compare. Again, at least after a failed attempt youll keep the shards almost guaranteeing succes when they come back. 😃

Hardly doubt for the legendary. With refills I barely collected 55 shards, so I again will most likely need refills. For Val Shao I only have 19 shards, shitty last day fiasco of an event, a 2nd chance revival would be a nice compensation. One lasting 3 days at the very least, as it's an epic girl and it drops low amount of shards.

I got both girls on nutaku in 2 days, L. bunny with a 100 shards drop after only 12 fights, and then i've collected 101 shards for L. Lupa with ~100 fights.
Same in my test server account, i've collected 105 shards for Lupa with the same amount of fights.

So far i've been luckier with the shard system...

I can usually get both girls on free fights in a 14-day event as long as i don't waste a lot of combativity. Sure, there's dry spells every so often but it's rare that i come up with nothing at all.

The shard system... According to my estimates, it's about 700-800 battles on average for a guaranteed girl (from 1x, 2x and 3x shards) so they've essentially softcapped the amount of kobans you need to get a girl, which is nice to the spenders who are, let's face it, what keeps the game running :)

7 hours ago, Makinen said:

I can usually get both girls on free fights in a 14-day event as long as i don't waste a lot of combativity. Sure, there's Dry Spells every so often but it's rare that i come up with nothing at all.

The shard system... According to my estimates, it's about 700-800 battles on average for a guaranteed girl (from 1x, 2x and 3x shards) so they've essentially softcapped the amount of kobans you need to get a girl, which is nice to the spenders who are, let's face it, what keeps the game running :)

I think you misread the patch notes, because you've missed some shard numbers there

From now on each event will have a chance to distribute Attraction points for each of the girls you still need to seduce:

• Classic Event will give between 1 and 6 Attraction for girl
  • Revival Event will give between 1 and 12 Attraction for girl
  • Legendary Event will give between 1 and 3 Attraction for girl
  • Epic Event will give between 1 and 5 Attraction for girl

On 2/24/2019 at 8:52 PM, Cantrix said:

And in case of revival you could win a girl very quickly,  imagine if you have 95 shards of Lovely Bunny (or any other girl) , 10 battles and voilà! ;) 

16 hours ago, GeorgeMTO said:

I think you misread the patch notes, because you've missed some shard numbers there

Yeah, but so far i've only had the Legendary Event to go by, as i already have both girls from the Revival event in my Harem. Signs look good, but alas, i have not yet tested them myself. ;)

On an unrelated note...

Sure, there's Dry Spells every so often

...Is there a reason why quoting that part of my post shoved in a link to wizards.com? @GeorgeMTO, you might want to run a malware check if it's randomly adding links to your text... 😕

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Tenou said:

Is this sh*t still working? I've focused on Karole since the end of the last event and she hasn't dropped a single attraction point for any of her girls

Most likely as it took me around 2650+ fights before I'm done with all of them and 2250+ before I even got one as I wasn't lucky enough to get a 100 attraction shard drop.

5 hours ago, Makinen said:

Yeah, but so far i've only had the Legendary Event to go by, as i already have both girls from the Revival event in my Harem. Signs look good, but alas, i have not yet tested them myself. ;)

On an unrelated note...

...Is there a reason why quoting that part of my post shoved in a link to wizards.com? @GeorgeMTO, you might want to run a malware check if it's randomly adding links to your text... 😕

Nah, that's a browser add-on I have. Prevents me from having to look up cards when I'm in the middle of discussion because my browser autolinks them for me. Wasn't aware it would interact with the forum like that.

I have checked with both free girls in the actual feast event: when you reach 50 points the chances of getting more points are reduced drastically. 

epic girl: first day 46 points> second day 6 points (Got 6 points 13 hours ago, nothing since then)

rare girl: First day 49 points> second day 3 points (Just like the other, got 3 points on one match and stopped dropping points altogether)

19 minutes ago, Tenou said:

I have checked with both free girls in the actual feast event: when you reach 50 points the chances of getting more points are reduced drastically. 

epic girl: first day 46 points> second day 6 points (Got 6 points 13 hours ago, nothing since then)

rare girl: First day 49 points> second day 3 points (Just like the other, got 3 points on one match and stopped dropping points altogether)

... You're amazingly lucky compared to me. I have only 47 on Carine right now.

3 hours ago, Tenou said:

RNG it is. Since reaching 50 I got 9 more in just 7 fights. Stop trying to make sense of random. It will make your brain hurt. 

You're amazingly lucky compared to me. I have only 47 on Carine right now.

On 3/3/2019 at 4:11 AM, DHarry said:

RNG it is. Since reaching 50 I got 9 more in just 7 fights. Stop trying to make sense of random. It will make your brain hurt. 

With the old system, the normal during these events was to get one girl between the first and fourth day, and the other three to five days after that, we're practically in the fifth day and I'm not getting more than ten points per day

11 hours ago, Tenou said:

With the old system, the normal during these events was to get one girl between the first and fourth day, and the other three to five days after that, we're practically in the fifth day and I'm not getting more than ten points per day

I got carine yesterday and have alex at 21 shards so not different from your perception of the old system ¿isn't it?

• Like 1

On 3/5/2019 at 4:27 AM, DHarry said:

There you go again. Trying to make sense to random. Your normal isnt normal. Its your luck or lack thereoff. Accept it, resistance is futile. 

Ah well, its your brain. 

Except a machine generated random is never random, it always follows a 'randomization pattern' if you will, a pile of ones and zeroes that determines how randomly it will drop a girl, a shard, the jackpot on the dog races on the betting machines...

Now that I think about it the devs have the Probability Manipulation power lol.

Edited by Vulture

On 3/4/2019 at 10:15 PM, Tenou said:

Or you could fight whole event for one girl unless u shell out 3k kobans, like regularily happened with me. You were lucky before, now you are on the bad side of the stick and it hurts, but that's rng at least you are getting some progress with the girls if it was the old system all those "fruitless" tries would have been wasted-that's the difference between the old and the new system.
I pointed out that luck still plays important role, but now you have a guarantee you will get at least one girl or 2 if you commit some resources. Mind you Carine is an epic girl and epic girls usually have abysmal droprates.

20 minutes ago, Cantrix said:

Or you could fight whole event for one girl unless u shell out 3k kobans, like regularily happened with me. 

Old system RNG was definitely flaky. It reminds me of the time I got the first event girl on the very first roll, then the second girl on day 9.