Attraction shard amounts.

Lhans

3 hours ago, GeorgeMTO said:

Any raise of minimum would also have a reduction in drop rate. I prefer more frequent drops, makes for more consistency in the long run.

I would prefer slightly less drops with more shards. I mean hey if it was like 100 in 10000 chance before and and now it would be like 99 in 10000 I'd take it. Everyone has their own preferences of course like players preferring two handed weapons killing something in just a few swings despite missing a bunch versus dual weapons hitting more for less.

Edited by Lhans

8 hours ago, BlueMuffin said:

Currently I feel like the drop rate is simply too low, at least for event girls.

It certainly felt that way to me on the first few days due to bad luck I suppose - only gotten a few measly shards. I've gotten a bunch just earlier so now I'm less peeved.

14 hours ago, GeorgeMTO said:

Any raise of minimum would also have a reduction in drop rate. I prefer more frequent drops, makes for more consistency in the long run.

Not necessarily. They could have raised the amount of shards needed to recruit a girl too (as someone proposed along with giving out shards each and every time). Making that amount different depending on rarity while at it. And that's just one of the possibilities

4 hours ago, Lazy Lord said:

Not necessarily. They could have raised the amount of shards needed to recruit a girl too (as someone proposed along with giving out shards each and every time). Making that amount different depending on rarity while at it. And that's just one of the possibilities

Sure, but that's obviously not what the suggestion was after. I don't think they want RNG to give them 5 of 10000 shards instead of 1 of 100.

I may appear as dumb, but I truly don't understand why people around here continually keeps demonstrating that they expected from the new attraction system an easier girl drop time, when the devs stated quite clearly that the main purpose of the system is to show the progress reached in getting the girl. In other words, if before one needed (for example) on average, 1000 battles to get a girl, with the attraction system he will still need around 1000 battles to get that girl. The main difference is that if one keeps an accurate track of the number of villain battles he fought, after he has obtained a certain number of shards he may calculate (on average!) how much battles he will still need to obtain the girl, and the calculation shoud be made on the total number of battles needed to get all the girls on a villain.

• Thanks 1

You're probably right, progress display is the main benefit of the new system. Additionally, it should also be mentioned that aside form the progression information, the new RNG system was designed to be a departure from the old one, how significant or beneficial would this departure be, we cannot say for sure yet.

On 2/13/2019 at 12:44 PM, Kinkoid said:

We do not know for sure that if the game is successful despite or because of the previous system. What we know is that the game is successful and had a specific system based on huge swing of RNG.

We understood that these huge swings were providing an experience that was not desired by our team. So we had the option to chose between killing nearly any swing and focus on pure mathematical choices or keep having swings of RNG but lowering the curve on the worst side. As the second option is closer to the initial design, we decided to keep it.

Regarding the fact that it looks very similar, we strongly believe that it is its strenght, because it looks similar on the first approach yet, beyond it, we believe that it will a big difference for the overall experience.
Moving from one "event" (taken in the statistics sense) that have huge swings in RNG to a lot of small events that have smaller swings in RNG, even if it doesn't look like a huge change is, in reality, quite game changing.

18 hours ago, Observer_X said:

I may appear as dumb, but I truly don't understand why people around here continually keeps demonstrating that they expected from the new attraction system an easier girl drop time, when the devs stated quite clearly that the main purpose of the system is to show the progress reached in getting the girl. In other words, if before one needed (for example) on average, 1000 battles to get a girl, with the attraction system he will still need around 1000 battles to get that girl. The main difference is that if one keeps an accurate track of the number of villain battles he fought, after he has obtained a certain number of shards he may calculate (on average!) how much battles he will still need to obtain the girl, and the calculation shoud be made on the total number of battles needed to get all the girls on a villain.

Well, i agree with you, but actually Kinkoid said this just one month ago:

However, IMHO it's too early to judge this new system, one event is nothing.
Now I'm curious to see how it will work with the imminent legendary event.