Poll: Do you like the shard attraction system?

dekachinpo

Do you like the shard attraction system? And co.  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the Attraction system?

• OMG Yes! YOLO
    • #%@!##$!!! (that's Angrish for "No")
  2. 2. Are you satisfied with the shard drop occurrence?

• Yes
    • No
    • Meh
  3. 3. All this has made me feel like...

• I'm having fun playing the game and I'll keep playing -- nothing's missing. I'd make love to the devs if I could.
    • I've grown to hate the game -- I'll spend my money or time on another sex game, being the sex freak that I am.
    • I've kind of seen it all -- I wish there would be more to do than click and collect. I'll stop playing soon, real life awaits.
    • I miss some old features that I liked, so I might quit playing. Why U gone, stars?!

Polling emotions never leads to a complete poll.

The first question has answers that are just plain childish. Why is there a YOLO in the first option for example. YOLO is a term for nothing to lose so I can take risks, which makes this look like a bad option as well.
These are emotional depictions of the simple answers yes and no, but will lead people to not even participate because it doesn't represent their thoughts at all.
You're also missing the neutral option and the option "I can't form an opinion yet, because the system isn't in place long enough for that".

Again, missing the no opinion yet option (taking meh as your take on a neutral answer, which it isn't, because meh has a negative connotation).
This one makes me feel you are rather negative towards the whole thing, which you might not be.

Again, 3 negative options and 1 positive option.
Not nearly enough options for this question to answer, because it involves emotions of the player.
The very least that should be included is the option "Other", with the possibility to explain in a reaction below.

All in all I would say this is a very poorly constructed poll.
I will therefore not participate in it.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

I just picked all the positives just to mess with it. 

Totally agree with Chthugha though, very biased poll, you are out to get the results you want. There is no option for, Im happy, but there is room for improvement. This way you manupulate them, or try at least, into the complaining camp. 

Edited by DHarry
A missing ”h”. The orror!
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, DHarry said:

I just picked all the positives just to mess with it. 

Totally agree with Chtugha though, very biased poll, you are out to get the results you want. There is no option for, Im happy, but there is room for improvement. This way you manupulate them, or try at least, into the complaining camp. 

You are missing an h in my name there 🤬

59 minutes ago, dekachinpo said:

Lots of threads and polls around, let's try and get this straight. 

I must be missing the meaning of ”lets get this straight.”

You probably miss the meaning of rigid. Spoiler, its not disagreeing with someone or taking him or her too serious. Ah well. Water under the bridge. Have fun. 

2 hours ago, dinfatch said:

Somehow, i had much more chances to drop shards using x10 then single fights. But i like shard system. 

There i no right answer in first question for me >__<

That was my observation too, maybe the algorythm is working differently when using the 10x times(i'm not implying it's purposeful, just the way rng algorythms simulate randomness) Someone more savvy in programming and statistics might shed some light.

Fabianne dropped fairly easy and I've got 37 shards for Val Shao even though it was the last day of the event. All the February revival girls joined my harem last year so I don't have any experience with dropping shards for these ones. I'm looking forward to the March event. I'm pretty confident that something good will drop. I've got nothing bad to say against shards.

I have seen so many polls that  fail horribly started by people in all areas of life, especially the internet, that it's sad. So many people simply don't know how to make one, or seem to not care, or both.

The best thing I can suggest is to always have a neutral option if you want to be taken remotely seriously, and I realize this is probably not anything to take seriously, but still feel the need to say this.

14 minutes ago, Zteev said:

I have seen so many polls that  fail horribly started by people in all areas of life, especially the internet, that it's sad. So many people simply don't know how to make one, or seem to not care, or both.

The best thing I can suggest is to always have a neutral option if you want to be taken remotely seriously, and I realize this is probably not anything to take seriously, but still feel the need to say this.

To be fair, designing survey questions is not as easy as people think. Creating good questions requires you to have experience creating surveys and with data analysis (so you've seen the ramifications of poorly worded questions). It's not really a skill most people ever use or develop.

To the OP: The 3rd question has essentially 3 negative answers and 1 overly positive one. I tried to submit without answering that one, since I don't agree with any of them. It wouldn't let me.

• Like 1

Screw the poll options, though they were good for a laugh. Realistically it's a decent idea that probably needs improvement. I got well over half of a legendary on just free tries. Enough that I am pretty likely to finish it during the revival they will probably do. Considering I always had to buy extra to get the ones I wanted anyway and did not get during a revival in the past, I'd say it worked out pretty well. Now for regular events, it will take a good deal longer compared to the normal case to get both. The safety net of carried over progress for that time you get none (which happened to once) or just get one (twice now, about once a year occurrence) is something that would help quite a bit on the revival events. As time goes by those will have to get even shorter again or finally start combining all the old events for the month (the sensible option).

TLDR; System needs improvement, but isn't as bad as the poll suggests

I'd suggest some changes to it, I like that I have some kind of tangible progress I can see, but on the same note I do miss the occasional good bit of luck where an event girl drops on the first day (or otherwise super early in the event). So far I've managed to land all the available girls. 

Also if I use kobans at the end for combativity I at least know what my goal is and how far I am from it. Nothing is worse than blowing through a few K in kobans for nothing.

I also like that they're persistent, so if I do miss them i have a better shot on the inevitable revival.

I also mis psyching myself out when the stars animation would hang for a split second and give you that momentary thrill if something was going to drop. (Pavlovian Conditioning FTW!)

My biggest issue I see is, in the long run, the time between revivals.  Gacha games of this nature tend to have a pretty high turnover rate.  Retaining the majority of players for more than a year is difficult.  They move onto other games.  Just because this is in a fairly small market of lewd gacha games, doesn't make it exempt form this.  There's a constant string of time limited events to keep people playing, but those particular girls show up once a year usually, (legendary days revival being the one exception so far).  Players are going to want to get them sooner than that.  Fresh players might go 'sure I can wait a year', but for people that have been with this game for 2  years or since the beginning, they might be tired of waiting 'for next year' to come around.  They can wait for big events like the anniversery which is always going to be something spectacular sure, but for normal events, with nothing special added, it's hard to wait that long. 

Also as mentioned, with new events added every month, around october there's going to be too many revivals not to start combining events.  This doesn't help with trying to squeeze in legendary and epic days.  So either girls are going to have to be merged together (making it harder to get the specific one you are after) or they should be added permanently to epic pachinko.

The poll answers are... utterly idiotic and clearly not giving us a choice in the way the answers are formed.

At least give us a rating system and something to type in why we made such a decision and don't put words in our mouths.

Some of us prefer other things there.