Too many tickets for champions...

Peterminator

3 minutes ago, Zteev said:

This is very poor logic, as "getting a ticket" does not "eliminate the chance of getting a shard in that specific instance".

Your end prize result has no effect on your chances of winning any other prize, because it it is the last thing that happens. If you play a ticket based raffle, and your ticket wins something, it's because the ticket was drawn - the same applies to a random number drawing.  The act of the drawing is what matters.

So if the lottery is multi-stage, where you can win in either a primary drawing, or in a second chance drawing, things get a bit more complicated. What should be obvious is that if you win in the first stage, you don't get to also win in the second stage. What should also be obvious is that the result of the second stage has no effect on anything in the first stage. 

If this is set up that the first stage is "Do you get shards or not?" and the second stage is "What other prize do you get?" then there's no lack of shards.

What you are describing now refers more to the two-level drop table. When the first RNG selects the type of award at the first level of the table, and then the second RNG selects a specific award of this type from the second level of the table.
But the described principle is really correct.

14 hours ago, Joe-da-G said:

Well... vilain girls and event girl are not on the same drop table... so one doesn't affect the other... 

Has it really been changed? It was a problem that devs admitted in the first month of shards.
And even 2-3 months later in the test server I needed 10-12 days in the test server to get a classical event girl if there were 3 villain girls present.
Villain girls still very clearly affected the drop rate of event girls. Can't test it anymore because by now I have obtained all the villain girls till Donatien :)

2 hours ago, jaybee said:

... And even 2-3 months later in the test server I needed 10-12 days in the test server to get a classical event girl if there were 3 villain girls present...

As of yet, 4 out of all 5 classical events, it took 10-12 days to complete without the presence of any common villain drops. This time, still at 162 shards, so probably will even need to spend Kobans.:(:S

The devs accepted the common villain drops affect on event drops, however, whether that effect is significant enough, I don't think that has been proven by player data yet.:|

19 minutes ago, John 1039 said:

As of yet, 4 out of all 5 classical events, it took 10-12 days to complete without the presence of any common villain drops. This time, still at 162 shards, so probably will even need to spend Kobans.:(:S

The devs accepted the common villain drops affect on event drops, however, whether that effect is significant enough, I don't think that has been proven by player data yet.:|

Maybe you should pray to the Great Rendom. Or go to church, put a candle. Or work on clearing Karma. Or dance with a tambourine.
But the problem is in your personal failure.
Specifically, in the current event, I got both girls for 400 fights. This is 8 days. Let not every day in the arena 2 bonus fights, then 8 days and 5-6 hours.
And I am not very lucky. Usually even the opposite.

1 hour ago, Салерион said:

But the problem is in your personal failure.

"personal failure"? By any chance you didn't mean to say "personal misfortune", did you?

16 shards in the first 94 fights, 162 shards of 523 fights (62 shards of 265 for the second drop) is not "personal failure", but "personal bad luck".

5 minutes ago, John 1039 said:

"personal failure"? By any chance you didn't mean to say "personal misfortune", did you?

16 shards in the first 94 fights, 162 shards of 523 fights (62 shards of 265 for the second drop) is not "personal failure", but "personal bad luck".

English not my native language and not rare i'm use google translator. It's - result. Yes, i mean "bad luck".

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ShadowHaamu said:

Heh, it's rather fun to read the earlier posts in this threat and see people complain of too many tickets. 

Because right now, majority of the people are probably complaining that they don't have enough of tickets. :P

*giggle* Nope, now people continue to whine about the fact that tickets have displaced shards from the drop! 8-)))))

17 hours ago, ShadowHaamu said:

Heh, it's rather fun to read the earlier posts in this threat and see people complain of too many tickets. 

Because right now, majority of the people are probably complaining that they don't have enough of tickets. :P

I figured that would happen.

20 hours ago, ShadowHaamu said:

You bet. I have just arrived at this point:

blob.thumb.png.590cb88824ce7678727cb2a28128d90e.png

To fight the 4th phase of all this champions I needed a total of 16 tickets (could have been one or two less, but I accidentally misclicked while redrafting at Matsuda). I arrived at this point by using only tickets, and after clearing the aforementioned phases I had 9 left (before collecting daily missions). Starting from tomorrow, I will need to do estimations of how many ticket I will need to clear the next group of phases (to not mention the fact that right now that I have arrived (or arrived again) at the final stages, tomorrow I probably won't have enough tickets to clear them all), meaning that in my game tickets will never be enough (until I will get to clear all the champions in about two or three years).

20 hours ago, Салерион said:

*giggle* Nope, now people continue to whine about the fact that tickets have displaced shards from the drop! 8-)))))

As I said elsewhere in a different context, there is an old saying: "there is no worse deaf than those who do not want to hear" (it was spelled differently, I forgot to use Google translator for a better translation).
It is sufficient to browse the forum for a bit to found that people have posted their drop rates, and that those post testify with (IMHO) a good attendibility that the shard drop rates haven't changed. Unlucky streaks in drops is a commonly reported fact from I don't know how long (I am under one right these days), and many players already know that it is quite easy to fall into one more than one time (and even more). If people prefer to think that they are robbed of their rightful drops, for me they are free to cook in their broth. The quicker they learn that this game is accepting what the game gives you (unless you are a heavy koban buyer and spender or the son of the Goddess of Luck), and not complaining because one thinks that the game is bugged, the faster they will get to better enjoy the game. Anyone who is not able to do this, IMHO is not made for this game, and would probably enjoy himself better elsewhere.

• Like 1

I actually came here to  find a good strategy for Visor's Home stage  because that s.o.b.  heals since his girl is know-how class and she also matches 4 or 5 out of 10 positions  dealing more damage and i can't scrap up enough girls with required positions best i can do is match 6 of them and if i put up my know-how class girls  the damage is still greater than they  heal so on 1st stage i used 9 tickets and on 2nd stage i burned 6 and am at 3,358,704/6,842,880  impression so in one way stuck

The difficulty ramps up so fast after the third boss. Expected, as the prizes are 5 star legendaries. Lucky I play HC, so I will probably get stuck there a while just to get Murane.

Won't even try Visor for now, it will just a waste of tickets to get something that's not my class. Again HC is favoured lol.

It's gonna be way easier/quicker to get Murane than Any or Shtupra. Not complaining myself but that's probably stinging a little for KH and Charm players.

As KH I got lucky and got Murane on the first try. Any is the one I want of course, but I can focus on Visor completely and being KH can match most positions too. It will cost me time and many tickets, but I think charm got the worst here. 

26 minutes ago, DHarry said:

As KH I got lucky and got Murane on the first try. Any is the one I want of course, but I can focus on Visor completely and being KH can match most positions too. It will cost me time and many tickets, but I think charm got the worst here. 

charm always does, for sure one reason i switched to HC

hace 23 horas, blaa dijo:

@Peterminator Wondering what you are thinking now? Still too many tickets?

Yep, still thinking that, I mean, I am in the fourth champion and I need at least 12 tries to beat one phase of him, so is kind of useless try it until I have more power, I prefer to farm the others for the prizes and the money, and I don't need more than 10 per day for that. But, well, you must read the message and not only the title of the theme, I'm not against the Champions feature, is pretty good, the thing is that I prefer shard drops and not tickets, they even can remove the tickets from the villains and give them in the arena as a possible prize for every PvP battle, but well, businesses are businesses, and if the shard drops gets harder to get, the more kobans we have to spend.

12 hours ago, Peterminator said:

Yep, still thinking that, I mean, I am in the fourth champion and I need at least 12 tries to beat one phase of him, so is kind of useless try it until I have more power, I prefer to farm the others for the prizes and the money, and I don't need more than 10 per day for that. But, well, you must read the message and not only the title of the theme, I'm not against the Champions feature, is pretty good, the thing is that I prefer shard drops and not tickets, they even can remove the tickets from the villains and give them in the arena as a possible prize for every PvP battle, but well, businesses are businesses, and if the shard drops gets harder to get, the more kobans we have to spend.

As you should know, i did read the message very will, because we had a "conversation" in this thread ...

I am not sure, if you are ignoring the "hard facts" (you recognize my reference, i guess) or just cant give up your position which is obviously wrong, but to be sure: The mods already confirmed that the ticket drops are not decreasing the chance for shard drops ...

do you get more than 10 tickets a day?

A moderator told that about the shard drop in this theme, but did not share the percentages of every drop, so until that is not public, I can't say for sure. I'm still having something like 3 tickets for every shard drop. Yes, more than 10, actually, I have to spend tickets to get the 3 free of every day. In the end, I don't think my opinion matters for anyone, but  I'm sure that before the tickets I was getting faster the girls, and I insist, why so many people care about someone that is complaining for this reason if is not true?

I did it! I ran out of tickets. Today, for the first time since adding champions, I saw 0 tickets on my game account.
And that's what I managed to achieve:

image.thumb.png.0403786a3b0b86140a84a783106a665e.png

I now attack only the first three champions and I need about 15-17 tickets per day. I get them less per day. So perhaps it is worth switching attention from the three to the first two.