boss girls are taking too long to obtain now. shard drop too low

jyepie

i am on the last world and shards barely drop.

out of 10 boss drops, maybe only ONE shard drops for one boss girl. and most of the time they dont even drop. 

this is ridiculously low. too low. not worth fighting bosses for.

i dont need books either. so fighting bosses on the last world is basically worthless 

This progression is no worse than the old one. I know people who had maxed Roko to get no girl, but with attraction you can see that you've made good progress on them by the time you max the Crew.

If you don't think it's worthwhile, don't do it. But don't imply that it's worse than under the old system.

• Like 1

This is a game of patience ... especially with the last bosses' girls.

The drop rate for Jackson's crew is 5-6% so you can easily have streaks of 30 or 40 battles (or more) without a shard. Add to this that the drops only give 1-3 shards and you need some months to get the girls.

Remember: patience and you will finally get the girls.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jelom said:

The drop rate for Jackson's crew is 5-6% so you can easily have streaks of 30 or 40 battles (or more) without a shard. Add to this that the drops only give 1-3 shards and you need some months to get the girls.

Or get yourself a massive bag of kobans and force your way there 😂

• Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...
19 hours ago, fearless_1 said:

try 700 battles and i dint even get one l girl this is not good is it worth it notttttttttttttttttttttttt

Agree!! Was thinking of purchasing kobans to keep refilling energy, but 200 battles only 21%, 9%, 4%, 1% !! Definetly not worth it,and as far as patience ,some girls are  only obtainable for a few days!! I got one rare up to 74% , and then a common starts dropping!

Edited by rsmaster
Additional text

I'm starting to fight Karol seriously now since I cleared out Roko and I haven't have much else to spend fights on (not concerned about money).  And now I'm wishing I'd properly logged how many fights I've done as I'm starting to wonder when I'll get my first shard drop.

Be patient people. Patience is a virtue! You’ll get your girls one day.

With that said I’ll argue that the only event that suffered from the shards system is Epic days. In the last event before the shard system has been introduced I got all 5 girls I had access to back then for less than 3000 kobans.

Nowadays for that amount you’ll only get one girl. Granted it was a stroke of luck but still...

Edited by linkdream

I assume people complaining here had an easier time than me at Finalmecia. Before the shard introduction, in the Plain of Rituals I had to fight the bitch for nearly five months, before obtaining all three girls. Now obviously I am pounding Jackson's Crew, and I have Hanna x74, Piper x51 and Riley x46. Take into account that being a two-year free player, this month I had to spend combativity elsewhere only to get the main event girls (and with my surprise I saved two days out of 12 available) and to (try) to get (without success) a legendary girl in the anniversary (ended at 91 shards :(, should have spent the 200 combativity bonus on Jackson's Crew also). Given that at the start of the month the girls were (more or less) respectively at x48, x19 and x21, and I had an average drop rate of 5% (not counting a few unlucky streaks) I think I can say that shards on bosses girls come, as usual it is only a matter of patience. Given my progress, I am more prone to doubt on the efficiency of the "affection upgrade": when they put out the relative patch notes, my impression was that we would have had a wider gap between the "main progressing girl" and the other ones. I say this because I had a gap around 25 points already when I was obtaining Roko Sensei girls (gap that narrowed a lot before I got another girl). As I said elsewhere, unluckily some players find themselves to need more patience than others. And this game has demonstrated out of any doubt that sooner or later, every player gets fucked: long, big and all in.

On 6/29/2019 at 9:23 AM, jelom said:

I just got my second girl from Jackson's crew: Hanna. Only needed 1003 battles ...

On 7/30/2019 at 9:56 AM, Pelinor said:

I find this discussion encouraging. I was wondering how others were making so much better progress in building their harem. Now I know it was a program change and not something I was missing in the gameplay.

What I mean by the above is I am comforted to know my results are not entirely due to learning the game when I compare my standings with other players. Now I know the game rules and algorithms have changed several times and the game was easier back when the higher level players started out than it is for myself and others who have started later.  

That's debatable.  Some people swear the shard system has ruined things for them because they always had good luck and were done with events after 3-4 days tops, others say the shard system is the only reason they get girls now because they could go 12 days and not get a drop on either girl.  If the game is better now is a matter of opinion from player to player, at least in terms of the shard system.

3 minutes ago, trunks2585 said:

That's debatable. Some people swear the shard system has ruined things for them because they always had good luck and were done with events after 3-4 days tops, others say the shard system is the only reason they get girls now because they could go 12 days and not get a drop on either girl. If the game is better now is a matter of opinion from player to player, at least in terms of the shard system.

I'm referring to the game in general, as I had been playing with the pre-pre-shards mechanisms, I already covered that bit

15 hours ago, GeorgeMTO said:

Some individual changes might not have been great, but the overall game provides you more resources earlier than we had them.

• 1 month later...

I have decided not to go for the "Work Fantasy" girls. Why? I have been hitting on Finalmecia and Fredy Sih Roko Sensei for weeks now, and both of them still have all their girls. Worse, the best I have obtained is 47% on one of the girls, and all of the others are at less than 30%. So, if in three weeks of combat I have not obtained even one girl, I don't see the sense of deliberately blowing any chance I have in the game contests by trying for a girl which odds say I am unlikely to obtain in four days. If the shard drop rate has changed to a lower level as stated by others, then the special event times should be adjusted to reflect the change, and this does not appear to be the case.

Edited by Pelinor

1 hour ago, Pelinor said:

I have decided not to go for the "Work Fantasy" girls. Why? I have been hitting on Finalmecia and Fredy Sih Roko Sensei for weeks now, and both of them still have all their girls. Worse, the best I have obtained is 47% on one of the girls, and all of the others are at less than 30%. So, if in three weeks of combat I have not obtained even one girl, I don't see the sense of deliberately blowing any chance I have in the game contests by trying for a girl which odds say I am unlikely to obtain in four days. If the shard drop rate has changed to a lower level as stated by others, then the special event times should be adjusted to reflect the change, and this does not appear to be the case.

What's the rush? We all know that later bosses are stingy, but their girls aren't going anywhere, you have all the time to get them.

The drop rate has not changed, you could easily get at least 1 event girl in 5 days. Even both if you're lucky. But do as you wish...

Edited by Daniele

24 minutes ago, Daniele said:

What's the rush? We all know that later bosses are stingy, but their girls aren't going anywhere, you have all the time to get them.

The drop rate has not changed, you could easily get at least 1 event girl in 5 days. Even both if you're lucky. But do as you wish...

The contests have a limited time on them, which means if I go for the girls in the event, I blow any chance of obtaining the prizes for the contests. To what end? So I can spend a few million to see if the girl gets naked or in a cute sexy pose?

Ok, but why do you want to win contests? What is your priority in the game?
Personally, i want to win contests to earn more kobans to get more girls. So my priority are girls, then kobans, then everything else. That's why i don't get why i should miss a girl to win a contest... But if it’s more important to you to win a contest than to get a girl, well, go ahead ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FinderKeeper said:

@Pelinor, what do you do with your free kobans from daily activities?

For the most part, I use them to buy the boosters needed to compete in the Arena and the Tower of Fame (that takes 240 kobans, leaving just enough to do a single refill on Tower, energy or combat). I use my money to upgrade the girls because with only 2-3 hundred kobans per day it is almost impossible to upgrade the girls (case in point, Marina Key, a three-star girl with no special abilities required over 1500 kobans to upgrade so I could either spend a week doing nothing or I spend a day or two collecting cash). I didn't say I would never go for the specials, only that with six girls available in the main game it doesn't make sense to me for this one. 

I see. If I may suggest, I think you could revise your koban spending strategy.

Before D1 I'd avoid buying boosters, and I'd recommend spending kobans on regular combat refills during classic and revival events as a long term investment into event and world boss girls. If you complete classic on day 8-10 and revival on day4 getting both girls in each, you'd still have enough free combat points to spend on world bosses. More girls - more everything.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Pelinor said:

@Daniele and @FinderKeeper are right. Moreover, remember that almost every player, sooner or later, gets to face a boss who became his "black beast", needing a lot of time to obtain all three girls. For me it was Gruntt in the earlier stages, and Finalmecia in the later: before the attraction feature, I needed near four and a half months to obtain all three Finalmecia girls. To not talk about the reality of the unlucky streaks, another fact that sooner or later hits every player.