Champions Difficulty

Anyone else feel the difficulty levels of the champions is getting too high way too quickly? I'm level 298, and it took me about 10 battles to beat Ryu on level 5 on the first run through him (which is fine). But Visor is almost impossible to beat even on level 1. I've got 8 of 10 positions matched, and leveled every girl to the max and it's still going to take at least 15 battles to beat LEVEL ONE. I can't even imagine what it'll take to beat his level 5, let alone the champion past him.

Unless they bump the difficulty down significantly, any champion past Ryu won't even be worth trying. I can appreciate that they've added a feature that is meant to take awhile to finish, but I can't imagine saving up 50+ tickets to beat Alban if I manage to ever get to him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

they will get easier with a higher level, but to make it difficult for every level/player (and to motivate us to lvl up quickly), it had to be designed this way, there is no other option

I dropped trying visor, also matsuda, and for now i am just focusing on the two first bosses and ryu (because he's my class). Two days ago I had around 100 tickets, right now I have 70 left, and they will not stop to decrease, i am afraid

the girls from champions should be sth special. its not like legendary girls where everybody who started an account a few days ago can get her. so higher difficultys should be a good thing. and yes they get later pretty tough but for that u just need to save some more tickets and u still can do it for free. so i dont see any problem with that. champions dont run anwhere, so there is no rush for it

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chthugha said:

What is the point of it when every midlevel player can rush through it? It is fine as it is.

Never said a mid-level player should be able to rush through, I even acknowledged that it's a good thing that it should take awhile. But if it's gonna take even top-level players even 30+ attempts to beat the last champion, you're also talking 7+ hours of wait time unless your dropping the kobans to skip the cooldown every time.

I agree it should be hard to do, I just think a lot of people will be turned off of even attempting any champion past Ryu given the current difficulty level.

3 hours ago, MaybeRegret said:

too many tickets for champions

the difficulty levels of the champions is getting too high way too quickly

I love it. 

Definitely realized the irony in this post as I wrote it lol. I think a lot of the people complaining of too many tickets were lulled into a false sense of security given how easy the first two champions are.

6 hours ago, Chthugha said:

What is the point of it when every midlevel player can rush through it? It is fine as it is.

As illustrated time and time again from many players posting on this forum that they want everything easily obtainable and something for very little investment in

either time, effort, or real money 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, casey said:

As illustrated time and time again from many players posting on this forum that they want everything easily obtainable and something for very little investment in

either time, effort, or real money 

A very common phenomenon. And not only here. And in the vast majority of gaming communities. "I want everything at once !!! And do not put effort into it !!!" And soon after this, the whining begins: "not enough content!", "The developers do not add anything new!", "What added new is too difficult / long!".

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mister Fister said:

Never said a mid-level player should be able to rush through, I even acknowledged that it's a good thing that it should take awhile. But if it's gonna take even top-level players even 30+ attempts to beat the last champion, you're also talking 7+ hours of wait time unless your dropping the kobans to skip the cooldown every time.

I agree it should be hard to do, I just think a lot of people will be turned off of even attempting any champion past Ryu given the current difficulty level.

It is a new long term feature. There is no rush. You can do the fights with free non premium currency resources. This has always been a game of patience. This feature can be added to that list as well.

That the later champions would have been a real struggle to complete is not a surprise at all. As a free player, the thing that really piss me off is not need to gather 30 tickets to beat a single phase of a champion, but the fact that unless one spend kobans, that one have to wait 15 minutes to use another ticket. With only 10 tickets needed this means two and an half hours to beat a phase, when 30 tickets will be needed it will mean seven and a half hours to clear a single phase. Increased difficulty is one thing, this exxageration is entirely another.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Observer_X said:

That the later champions would have been a real struggle to complete is not a surprise at all. As a free player, the thing that really piss me off is not need to gather 30 tickets to beat a single phase of a champion, but the fact that unless one spend kobans, that one have to wait 15 minutes to use another ticket. With only 10 tickets needed this means two and an half hours to beat a phase, when 30 tickets will be needed it will mean seven and a half hours to clear a single phase. Increased difficulty is one thing, this exxageration is entirely another. 

It's not like you're gonna have 30 tickets available every day. If it really takes 30+ battles, just fight him whenever you login to collect $ / do arena. At some 10 tickets a day it's not that much hassle, and it'll take you several days to collect enough tickets for next stage anyways. It's okay to stretch out your fight with a champion up to 24 hours. And at some point it might become okay to stretch it out beyond that. I just might be fine with getting 10% of his ego replenished just to spare me the stress of having to be online that often.

Edit: Also consider that if you're not sitting on a surplus of tickets but spend them as soon as you acquire them, you get those 3 free daily tickets. Which would cover those 10% impression restoration at 30 tickets per stage. :> Maybe there's a viable strategy involving milking those daily tickets in there somewhere that would be superior to hoarding tickets.

Edited by Sefiroth

Has anyone managed to devise and test a solid strategy against well anyone cause from what I've noticed is possibly each character type can contribute buffs to certain stats like a increase to ego or harmony etc. Our ability to beat any champion maybe grossly impaired if we are not taking notice of this and by extension advantage of. if we can determine what character type offer what buffs (if there isnt already a listing of that I've probably missed) we can streamline the efficiency our teams going into these battles and reduce costs of power and ticket expenditures and raise item drop rates and profit margins

My strategy is as follows so far, and it's pretty easy to intuit, but I haven't tried to optimize it a ton right now past the obvious.

1. Open a Champion, and redraft until I have at least 5 girls of correct specialty.
2. Confirm, then go equip best gear of that specialty - to be frank, I have little monostat gear, and none outside my class right now, haven't been lucky with Champion drops. So I equip the rainbow Legendaries which are the best I have for a certain class.
3. Play through, and write down the moves I need in order.
4. Redraft girls until I have locked 7 girls with the right moves, or until I have only 1 draft left, and have at least 6.
5. Fight using energy, if I have enough, or use a ticket if I don't.
6. Once I get a girl from a Champion, stop fighting it, unless it's the first champion, who is the weakest. I don't have the first one's girl, but I suspect I will continue to fight there for a while even if I did..
7. Try and have Champions of the same specialty on close to the same schedule if at all possible, to minimize regearing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zteev said:

1. Open a Champion, and redraft until I have at least 5 girls of correct specialty.
2. Confirm, then go equip best gear of that specialty - to be frank, I have little monostat gear, and none outside my class right now, haven't been lucky with Champion drops. So I equip the rainbow Legendaries which are the best I have for a certain class.

1. I've ended up not going for at least 5 in the beginning, because you might be wasting drafts by locking down girls of correct specialty but with positions that won't be in rotations. Which is particularly wasteful on Matsuda and Ryu.

2. Is it really better to go for specific monostat gear? My intuition tells me that I'd rather not see champions crit often. And conversely my team's crits are quite powerful, especially reassurance. I.e. harmony from rainbows is perfectly fine. I don't have any math to back this up though, just a hunch.

• Like 3

using monostat at champions is stupid. this is not a fast pvp battle where u dont need anything except dmg because fights r over after 3-4 rounds. here u need to fight a boss for a long periode. sometimes even over 100 rounds. so if u die too fast its pretty useless cause u dont do enough dmg. so multistat gear is for champions muc better

• Like 1

3 hours ago, happygokill1930 said:

Has anyone managed to devise and test a solid strategy against well anyone cause from what I've noticed is possibly each character type can contribute buffs to certain stats like a increase to ego or harmony etc. Our ability to beat any champion maybe grossly impaired if we are not taking notice of this and by extension advantage of. if we can determine what character type offer what buffs (if there isnt already a listing of that I've probably missed) we can streamline the efficiency our teams going into these battles and reduce costs of power and ticket expenditures and raise item drop rates and profit margins

Not sure what exactly you're expecting to find...the critical hits your girls can land have the same effects they already do elsewhere in combat.

Hardcore girls - attack is increased by 50% for that round
Charm girls - defense is increased by 100% for that round
Know-how girls - ego is restored at a rate of 10% the original value

1 hour ago, [CNO] BananaJoy said:

using monostat at champions is stupid. this is not a fast pvp battle where u dont need anything except dmg because fights r over after 3-4 rounds. here u need to fight a boss for a long periode. sometimes even over 100 rounds. so if u die too fast its pretty useless cause u dont do enough dmg. so multistat gear is for champions muc better

I thought you weren't going to give champions advice outside of your club?

This piece of advice here is wrong in its absoluteness, incidentally. Monostat equipment is more useful than rainbows against certain champions.

Edited by _shal_

• 2 months later...

I don't mind the time it takes or even the number of tickets required since I get some spending money along the way. What I do care for is the failure of champions to record impressions in some random method, which cost me between 100 and 130 thousand impressions per day while fighting Visor! He doesn't need to cheat, which is the effect of the bug, whatever it is, and given the cost in HH tickets, it takes me to get past each of the stages it is highly annoying.

Isn't this necro?

11 minutes ago, Pelinor said:

the failure of champions to record impressions in some random method, which cost me between 100 and 130 thousand impressions per day

You don't mean the -10% total impression per 24 hours, right?

1 minute ago, DvDivXXX said:

Isn't this necro?

You don't mean the -10% total impression per 24 hours, right?

Correct, I see a wild-burst of 52k ignored, the impressions are not recorded. A matching pose reassurance of 48k ignored on Visor's side while taking a hit on my side of 41k. This is happening on almost every round I use the HH ticket on and the effect is damning since it takes much longer to complete each stage when impressions are not recorded. Yes, I get the spending money, but that, in and of itself, is poor compensation for the "cheating effect."

• 5 months later...
On 10/7/2019 at 4:00 PM, _shal_ said:

Yeah, you should do a screen recording of these incidents, sounds like major issues that I don't recall anybody else having to deal with.

The lost impressions occur in a seemly random pattern, which means I cannot capture the problem with a simple screenshot. Do you, or anyone here, know of a way to capture the ongoing battle as a movie or slideshow or something which can be shared in the forums? The odds of my account being the only one affected by this issue is next to zero.

1 hour ago, Pelinor said:

Do you, or anyone here, know of a way to capture the ongoing battle as a movie or slideshow or something which can be shared in the forums? The odds of my account being the only one affected by this issue is next to zero.

There are probably plenty of alternatives, but personally I use Bandicam (link to official site) for screen recording. Without paying it allows for recording 10 minutes at a time, which should be good enough for this purpose.