Patch notes 31/07/19 discussion

jelom

On 8/4/2019 at 8:36 AM, Z-Wave said:

The conversion from remaining ego to points always rounds up.

Results from my most recent fights seem to confirm that this is indeed true.

EGO	Rem.	Ratio	PTS	RDOWN	DIFF
281691	53533	.1900	2	1	1
281691	57341	.2036	3	2	1
281691	84360	.2995	3	2	1
281691	113113	.4015	5	4	1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am currently using the Tower as an "experience farm" for now. The random market is not providing me with the boost to realistically compete for a win against anyone over level 200, but even a loss gives me 75% of the experience I gain in a complete arena cycle. I have no idea what anyone is speaking about when it comes to "rushing," I play every fight I can get and hope for the best. Overall I think the new system is better than the old one.

21 minutes ago, Pelinor said:

I am currently using the Tower as an "experience farm" for now. The random market is not providing me with the boost to realistically compete for a win against anyone over level 200, but even a loss gives me 75% of the experience I gain in a complete arena cycle. I have no idea what anyone is speaking about when it comes to "rushing," I play every fight I can get and hope for the best. Overall I think the new system is better than the old one.

Rushing refers to players buying lots of refills, and thus doing all their league fights on the first day. For the highest leagues (typically just D3 but some D2s as well), it would previously involve the winner for the league being declared less than 3 minutes after it started with a perfect score as time was the only tiebreaker.

On 7/31/2019 at 8:18 PM, GeorgeMTO said:

Instead the free players have all the same opportunities they did in the past, plus small access to some other features, and paid players have access to new content that wasn't around before. The new champion feature doesn't take things away from the old content. 

We agree. The slow pace of the game is the most frustrating aspect of play, IMHO. Both Energy and Combativity recovery periods could be cut by 25% without creating a significant change in the overall game balance.

14 minutes ago, Pelinor said:

We agree. The slow pace of the game is the most frustrating aspect of play, IMHO. Both Energy and Combativity recovery periods could be cut by 25% without creating a significant change in the overall game balance.

A line break there would be great, seeing as nothing I said is along those lines.

2 minutes ago, GeorgeMTO said:

A line break there would be great, seeing as nothing I said is along those lines.

It was a "game aside comment" unrelated to the "patch notes" concerning the gaming differences between those who play for free and those who have money to spend. I am what you might call a tweener as I have a modest amount I can spend on the game (gold card +the occasional special offer).

5 hours ago, Sev said:

Results from my most recent fights seem to confirm that this is indeed true.

EGO	Rem.	Ratio	PTS	RDOWN	DIFF
281691	53533	.1900	2	1	1
281691	57341	.2036	3	2	1
281691	84360	.2995	3	2	1
281691	113113	.4015	5	4	1

It should be that occurrence that makes the boosters keeping their importance with the new point system. If one boosts enough, his EGO becomes larger, thus making larger the 10% of his EGO, the base measurement for every battle bonus, lost and won. The downside is that being in a league with many booster users, even rushing one has to keep himself boosted all the week to reduce other players wins (and keep their bonuses lower if they win when they attack) and thus have more chances to have a higher score at the next league reset, and this could quickly become quite costly in term of kobans (and again, disadvantageous for fully free players). Overall, IMHO we will have more or less the same situation as before: booster users in the higher ranks, and players that can rely only on game-given boosters in the lower ranks.

People waste much more effort complaining in the forum about every little thing than playing the game...
Simplifying: 
1- The league is now a competition, not to rush, but to use boosters

2- Lengendary gear now gain a bit of the value (im not talking about money) they lost when the champion system started cuz with that you only need to defeat the first champion some times and boom... instantly equiped with a complete set of legendary gear

11 hours ago, Pelinor said:

I am currently using the Tower as an "experience farm" for now. The random market is not providing me with the boost to realistically compete for a win against anyone over level 200, but even a loss gives me 75% of the experience I gain in a complete arena cycle. I have no idea what anyone is speaking about when it comes to "rushing," I play every fight I can get and hope for the best. Overall I think the new system is better than the old one.

I basically have always treated it as an experience gaining device. I tier up when I can, and it's just based on what I win and lose, no extra effort to go up or down. 

The new system is also giving me some extra amusement, as people rushing to be the first to win all their fights are no longer able to guarantee a win by getting a perfect score, since no such thing currently exists as leagues are working right now.

6 hours ago, Zenni said:

People waste much more effort complaining in the forum about every little thing than playing the game...
Simplifying: 

2- Lengendary gear now gain a bit of the value (im not talking about money) they lost when the champion system started cuz with that you only need to defeat the first champion some times and boom... instantly equiped with a complete set of legendary gear 

since when there was chempions patch, there was no problem with yemens, I do not think it was related to legendary itemsYou won you sell items you have yemens  for everything.

every boss levels up infinitely. so after some time, even the weakest boss will be unbeatable. Even Romero will be stronger than Alban, ect....
so if they wanted to do it should be a level limitThat Max Romer will not be stronger that Whaty, ect ,  because now chempioni are not equal in prizes, and the requirements to win can be the sam.

hace 10 horas, fap.titans.gra dijo:

since when there was chempions patch, there was no problem with yemens, I do not think it was related to legendary itemsYou won you sell items you have yemens  for everything.

every boss levels up infinitely. so after some time, even the weakest boss will be unbeatable. Even Romero will be stronger than Alban, ect....
so if they wanted to do it should be a level limitThat Max Romer will not be stronger that Whaty, ect ,  because now chempioni are not equal in prizes, and the requirements to win can be the sam.

Thats why i put Simplifying..... not giving us so much money, don't letting us have a full legendary gear sooo easy, is all for the same thing..yeah you are correct in that point too but those things are going to be modified in the future (i guess) otherwise no one is going to be able to defeat champions in some point.... maybe puting a limit or they're going to put a reset point, idk

Has anyone else noticed a failure of the "Champions" to record impressions? In my last round, my girl got a wild-burst and matched the sex position, yet the number of impressions stayed the same! This same thing happened on "reassurance" rounds and "narcissism" rounds as well. Whaty was the "Champion" in this case, but Romeo and Matsuda have done it as well. In Matsuda's case, I noticed the slider bar moved without the impressions being updated or recorded.

17 hours ago, Zenni said:

Simplifying: 

Slight correction: the league is now a rigged competition, with an extremely advantaged class, and another one that almost don't stand a chance to win. Have fun! 😆

hace 5 horas, Daniele dijo:

Slight correction: the league is now a rigged competition, with an extremely advantaged class, and another one that almost don't stand a chance to win. Have fun! 😆

Yep... that is true and im one of those that are in disventage unfortunately..... maybe i simplificated to much the explanation but in esence is that

10 minutes ago, fap.titans.gra said:

what league are you in?

I don't see any D3 league where the winner or at least 30% of the people from the first 15 places is charm.

that charm is shit, we all agree on, but there are still two other classes, and both seem to do pretty well

obviously between these two there is more important which level you are, which gear you have, which boosters you put on, what luck ....

11 minutes ago, MaybeRegret said:

d2 now from first to fifteenth:
hc, ch, ch, hc, hc, hc, ch, hc, ch, kh, kh, kh, hc, ch, ch.

Maybe in d3 the situation is different, but this game always gave an advantage to hardcore players.

It's given one to HC for a fair while, but not always. They actually used to be the worst off class for a fair while.

7 minutes ago, Lzrbm said:

The buff to champions seems extremely high. it feels like I'm doing 1/4 of the progression the last time I was on the steps that I'm currently on. (with only one or two win cycles complete)

There was no buff to champions in this patch.

Ok, unexpected result, i won my D2 league

lg.png.4629ae8ed38ccfac060d54925cad812c.png

However, it must be said that i was 1st level-wise (2nd highest level: 366) and it was an easy bracket. The only KH player who really tried to win is nbgv, and he rushed at day 1 (i don't know why).
The KH advantage is there, i've seen it in my KH account on the test server (i won there too, 7230 pts, lots of weak players 😆). Even against strong opponents it's easier to get more bonus points.
On nutaku (HC account) i finished 2nd with 6640 pts, there's no need to say which class is the winner (6882 pts).