Epic Days

CapitalT

Girl attraction drop rate seems too low for event duration. I have not wasted any combativity points (not letting it get full) and I'm fighting same boss since event started. In 42 hours (out of 96 total for the event) I got 27 attraction on one girl. Droprate would have to double to even make it possible with perfect combativity usage (for a a single girl). Since there is no event pachinko or event missions for an added bonus, this seems like a no-event for me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FinderKeeper said:

@Kjeldryn, player collected stats poit that during Epic and Legendary Days you'll have to use kobans to get a girl.

My point exactly. And very expensive since it seems I would need 4 days worth of combativity to get the other half of attraction. With no free Kobans from event missions on activities. So basically a no-event. If you cannot complete a single event objective in a game during event duration (in this case a single girl) by "normal" game play it is not an event, it is just a disguised sale. I pass.

Edited by Kjeldryn
  • Thinking 1

18 hours ago, Kjeldryn said:

My point exactly. And very expensive since it seems I would need 4 days worth of combativity to get the other half of attraction. With no free Kobans from event missions on activities. So basically a no-event. If you cannot complete a single event objective in a game during event duration (in this case a single girl) by "normal" game play it is not an event, it is just a disguised sale. I pass.

It is a darn cheap girl though. These are epic pachinko girls only. Either you get them in these events for about 3k kobans or you get them from the epic pachinko for more kobans than that (5400 kobans). So yes, it costs kobans, but you get so many kobans already that I wonder what you do with them if not getting girls as cheaply as possible.

Edited by Chthugha
  • Like 2

I have spent every combat point since start of event ( and been on again before bar got full) on evelyn from Ninja spy.... and i have gotten a wooping total of 2 attraction points for her X(

my question (so that this is not JUST a rant to blow off steam) is if the lvl of the ninja spy is relevant ...because i think he started on like lvl 16 as i havent been back to him since story ( im returning player so this attraction and a lot of the events is new)

3 minutes ago, mcnoffie said:

I have spent every combat point since start of event ( and been on again before bar got full) on evelyn from Ninja spy.... and i have gotten a wooping total of 2 attraction points for her X(

my question (so that this is not JUST a rant to blow off steam) is if the lvl of the ninja spy is relevant ...because i think he started on like lvl 16 as i havent been back to him since story ( im returning player so this attraction and a lot of the events is new)

It is not affected by his level.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chthugha said:

It is a darn cheap girl though. These are epic pachinko girls only. Either you get them in these events for about 3k kobans or you get them from the epic pachinko for more kobans than that (5400 kobans). So yes, it costs kobans, butyou get so many kobans already that I wonder what you do with them if not getting girls as cheaply as possible.

REAL events have both goals (complete missions daily, get from World boss) and paid options (pachinko). In those I actually got girls fighting bosses and from missions. This is not an event with a paid option. It is JUST a sale. No event at all. And yeah, it may be a bit cheaper than pachinko. That is the definition of sale. But I was expecting an event. Not a sale.

14 minutes ago, Kjeldryn said:

REAL events have both goals (complete missions daily, get from World boss) and paid options (pachinko). In those I actually got girls fighting bosses and from missions. This is not an event with a paid option. It is JUST a sale. No event at all. And yeah, it may be a bit cheaper than pachinko. That is the definition of sale. But I was expecting an event. Not a sale.

The girls of the Haremverse don't appreciate you thinking of them as something to purchase. Anyway, it's not a sale, it's a helpful reminder by Kinkoid that saving premium currency is a sensible strategy in this game. (I notice you elected not to address Chthugha's implied question about what else you're doing with your kobans...)

All that aside, if you don't want to participate on account of this being "not an event", then don't. Plenty of smart players enjoy the opportunities presented by Epic Days. Everything doesn't have to appeal to everybody.

Edited by _shal_
  • Like 3

I have already opted out. I see no problem with sales. Devs got earn their money. For the same reason I see no problem in requiring kobans to get some girls as pachinko only girls during events.

Answering to the question about how do I spend kobans, I do save mine for opportunities, the ones clearly pointed out (pachinkos mostly as it seems to be the devs choice of doing it). I prefer event pachinkos myself.

My problem with it is disguising a sale as event gameplay leaving the players starting out on the game thinking they actually have a chance of completing the event goal just to find out after putting effort on it that it is just not possible by normal gameplay no matter how efficiently you play. It is just unethical. Either sell them (directly or through loot boxes like one game pachinko). Or don't. Do not disguise it in a way that the player will end up frustrated on his effort accomplishing nothing by it.

EDIT: If the main event window (bottom right of town) or in the news announcing the event (bottom left button in town) it was clearly stated that normal gameplay will only award half a girl requiring kobans to complete the other half I would see no problem at all. Bussiness as usual. Just do not make a fool out of the player.

Edited by Kjeldryn
  • Like 2

Here's some more variables that may or may not be relevant:

All my world bosses are at max levels. I had 12/100 on Evelyn from a previous event. I also already had Asta in my harem. I started with Viola at the beginning of the event and had a very decent drop rate from Karole of about 10-15 every 20 attempts. But then I realized Evelyn was available and went after her. Got her, and then went after Viola again and thats when the drop rate reduced to 0.

So I guess that the drop rates are relative to how many event girls I've got in my harem and with 2 complete the third will be insanely difficult?

10 minutes ago, CapitalT said:

Here's some more variables that may or may not be relevant:

All my world bosses are at max levels. I had 12/100 on Evelyn from a previous event. I also already had Asta in my harem. I started with Viola at the beginning of the event and had a very decent drop rate from Karole of about 10-15 every 20 attempts. But then I realized Evelyn was available and went after her. Got her, and then went after Viola again and thats when the drop rate reduced to 0.

So I guess that the drop rates are relative to how many event girls I've got in my harem and with 2 complete the third will be insanely difficult?

Nope, drop rates are not affected by any of those things.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, GeorgeMTO said:

Nope, drop rates are not affected by any of those things.

Well I just went back to Karole and used brute force in a manly fashion to earn the last 63 points for Viola. Only took 180 combat points and now I only have 1300 gold left. Hope I didnt screw myself over for the next event like I did before Silver Lupa was released... still sore I could only get 94/100 from her.

20 minutes ago, CapitalT said:

Well I just went back to Karole and used brute force in a manly fashion to earn the last 63 points for Viola. Only took 180 combat points and now I only have 1300 gold left. Hope I didnt screw myself over for the next event like I did before Silver Lupa was released... still sore I could only get 94/100 from her.

There are still two days left in the event for around 100 free combat points. You could have waited and saved some of you kobans.

Edited by MCP
miscalculated

2 hours ago, Kjeldryn said:

Answering to the question about how do I spend kobans, I do save mine for opportunities, the ones clearly pointed out (pachinkos mostly as it seems to be the devs choice of doing it). I prefer event pachinkos myself.

So you prefer the most expensive option for increasing the size of your harem over one of the cheapest ones? I mean, that's your prerogative, but...chalk one up for Kinkoid's marketing department. I prefer to focus less on the ethical qualities of certain event types and more on their substantive in-game value.

• Like 1

This disregard for ethics and principles is the attitude that perpetuate this kind of bad practice and disrespect in games and in life (The famous: "As long as I think I'm getting something from it, anything is OK, no matter what"). Good thing that aside from a very limited interaction on Clubs feature, this is a single player game, otherwise it could be a very toxic environment with players that think like you.

And Kinkoid's market department is probably tunned to it if smart, because players may spend kobans in any possible way but unhappy players will just spend free ones as they are unlikely to put money into the game.

Edited by Kjeldryn
  • Thinking 1

1 hour ago, Kjeldryn said:

This disregard for ethics and principles is the attitude that perpetuate this kind of bad practice and disrespect in games and in life (The famous: "As long as I think I'm getting something from it, anything is OK, no matter what"). Good thing that aside from a very limited interaction on Clubs feature, this is a single player game, otherwise it could be a very toxic environment with players that think like you.

I'm not disregarding the ethics, I just don't have the need to have every little detail about an event's setup spelled out for me to make up my mind. Or to be more blunt: I find your ethics blustering severely overblown, given how little is actually at stake here.

Anyway, all the information needed is freely available, just not from Kinkoid directly. (Actually, it was made available by Kinkoid directly as well, it's just not getting repeated for every single instance of Epic Days...)

1 hour ago, Kjeldryn said:

And Kinkoid's market department is probably tunned to it if smart, because players may spend kobans in any possible way but unhappy players will just spend free ones as they are unlikely to put money into the game.

And unhappy players who enjoy cutting off their nose to spite their face get only half (or even less) the possible benefit from those free kobans. It makes no difference either way - both my toxin-infested and your ethics-infused kobans go to the exact same company, so no lessons will be learned. But if taking a principled if entirely pointless stand makes you feel good while playing this game, who am I to tell you otherwise? Your account, your decisions, as a similarly-minded member might say.

• Like 1

As a PSA to other newbie players who might be looking at this increasingly silly thread:

The average expected cost of obtaining a girl from Event Pachinko is 8000 kobans. The average expected cost of obtaining a girl from Epic Days is around 1300 kobans for the first girl and 3600 kobans each for girls 2 to 6.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, _shal_ said:

As a PSA to other newbie players who might be looking at this increasingly silly thread:

The average expected cost of obtaining a girl from Event Pachinko is 8000 kobans. The average expected cost of obtaining a girl from Epic Days is around 1300 kobans for the first girl and 3600 kobans each for girls 2 to 6.

Sounds like you are in the sale bussiness for them. Nevermind then. Pointless keeping this up as we would just focus on different subjects over and over again (Me on the ethics and good practices behind an event design and him on koban spending efficiency) even though we are on the same theme (Epic days event on Hentai Heroes). I made my point for those interested in hearing it. Shal made his. Fair enough.

Edited by Kjeldryn
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Kjeldryn said:

Sounds like you are in the sale bussiness for them. Nevermind then. Pointless keeping this up as we would just focus on different aspects over and over again. I made my point for those interested in hearing it. Shal made his. Fair enough.

That last statement was very clearly not directed at you. You're welcome to make your decisions by any ethical standards that you like, that was made to help inform others who would like to factor in value/efficiency. There was no need for you to respond to it.
Epic Days helps answer many of the requests from the players to help deal with an ever expanding Epic Pachinko roster that made it very difficult to try and get specific girls you wanted from it. It is a good event from a standpoint of business, value and even ethics.

30 minutes ago, GeorgeMTO said:

That last statement was very clearly not directed at you. You're welcome to make your decisions by any ethical standards that you like, that was made to help inform others who would like to factor in value/efficiency. There was no need for you to respond to it.
Epic Days helps answer many of the requests from the players to help deal with an ever expanding Epic Pachinko roster that made it very difficult to try and get specific girls you wanted from it. It is a good event from a standpoint of business, value and even ethics.

Even if he actually agrees with you, you cannot respond for him unless he instructed you to do so (in which case you should have said so in your post). And he did quote me on the previous post, so we were indeed in a dialogue. You may have not understood but I did say he made his point about the subject he choose to focus on (I'm not really sure if he is correct but the point is made).

And yes, it may be a good event from business and value point of view (depending on your view), but certainly not ethics, or there would be a warning on it about not being able to finish a single goal (girl) by "normal" gameplay. Some members of the community (as Chthugha, Shal, yourself and some other veterans) may have learned to deal with it and even pragmatically like it if they think it is advantageous for them in some way but it doesn't make it "right".

For someone experiencing epic days for the first time and really investing effort into it under the premise it would lead to a new girl (even a single girl) if he worked hard enough, I doubt the sentiment would be something much different from frustration, anger or disappointment.

Edited by Kjeldryn
  • Thinking 1

As someone who has previously lost months of work because of Kinkoid's bugs, I would be among the last ones to defend the devs, but this discussion is entirely pointless.O.o Almost anyone who has been playing for a couple of months, or even just one month, understands that Kobans are needed to be spent almost always to win even one drop from Legendary and Epic days events.

When has Kinkoid ever stated that Kobans will not be needed?o.Oo.O

If someone has assumed such, it is their incorrect assumption that is at issue here, not any non-existent unethical tactics by Kinkoid.:$ The devs are not responsible to go out of their way to correct each incorrect assumption that individuals from hundreds of thousands of players end up making. Which game company on the planet does that?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, John 1039 said:

As someone who has previously lost months of work because of Kinkoid's bugs, I would be among the last ones to defend the devs, but this discussion is entirely pointless.O.o Almost anyone who has been playing for a couple of months, or even just one month, understands that Kobans are needed to be spent almost always to win even one drop from Legendary and Epic days events.

When has Kinkoid ever stated that Kobans will not be needed?o.Oo.O

If someone has assumed such, it is their incorrect assumption that is at issue here, not any non-existent unethical tactics by Kinkoid.:$ The devs are not responsible to go out of their way to correct each incorrect assumption that individuals from hundreds of thousands of players end up making. Which game company on the planet does that?

So in any game event (on any game) I am to assume that an event made entirely of normal game mechanics (in this case fighting world bosses with combativity points that replenish naturally over time) might not be possible to achieve through normal gameplay? And that is not inducing the player to an illusion? Yeah, you may learn it and use it as part of the game once you went through it (as you said yourself, a player playing for at least a month), but that does not erase the frustration of the players that actually just see an event supposedly awarding effort on normal mechanics.

Many games make events based on premium currency or even mixing premium currency with normal mechanics either as a boost on efforts or just as extra event points, but that is usually very clear on event description. When a game makes NO MENTION on premium currency to achieve event goals and every simple action stated on event for such goals is made of everyday mechanics, what do you think most people would assume? Come on, be real. Do not try to make the way a veteran view it as the way ANYONE would view it. And yeah, it is a Dev responsibility to make it fair for the players on event descriptions so players know exactly what the event effort is about. "Time to spend your hard saved kobans" or something like that would be a nice hint where "normal gameplay tends to award around 50% and the rest of a girl and other girls must be acquired through premium currency" would be the ideal description.

I'm not saying an event requiring premium currency is wrong. Devs do have to earn money. And it is their game and they can design it however they want it. What I'm saying that leading players to frustration is wrong. Fair play is all ethics would require here. Warning players about what the event is really about is required for a fair player-dev relationship. And no, the fact that the player will learn about it the hard way after some time spent in the game is NOT a solution to that. By that time the player already had a bad experience that could easily be avoided, so the problem still stands.

• Thinking 1