The Foreplay - 14-19 January

Karyia

4 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

Hey! Good call, there. 😃 Look what event we're getting in a few hours... Orgy Days!

Now we know who has unlimited access to this sort of info  🙄:D 😜 Or special access to Carine, for that matter 😂

25 minutes ago, blaa said:

yep, all complaing for nothing ... 

Arguably, the event in question can/could be (if slightly) improved :) Nothing wrong with that ;) 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Karyia said:

Arguably, the event in question can/could be (if slightly) improved :) Nothing wrong with that ;) 

Sure, there is always room for improvement (commonplace), but, mainly the critic was against the chance to get less girls as a free player this month.  The truth is, if there wouldnt have been this event there were only the girls from this event available, but instead of one in two distinct events, so free player did get more chances of free girls and all of them should appreciate this event, even if t had a shitty drop rate

Edited by blaa
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, blaa said:

Sure, there is always room for improvement (commonplace), but, mainly the critic was against the chance to get less girls as a free player this month.  The truth is, if there wouldnt have been this event there were only the girls from this event available, but instead of one in two distinct events, so free player did get more chances of free girls and all of them should appreciate this event, even it had a shitty drop rate

They're bound by the hip, those two. Get more girls and shitty drop rate, I mean :D 

True enough. It's great to have access to more girls, for sure. Especially, rarer or (former) exclusive ones ^_^ 

I guess the problem is with the "chance"... if it's  1% it's one thing. If it's 5%, it's quite another. (I mentioned those numbers randomly lol But you get the point).

I can see yours and DvDivXXX's arguments, no doubt. Personally, I think it's a matter of trying to adjust (even if slightly) the chance for success :)

• Like 1

The following collapsed section is only in case the comment was directed at me, otherwise I apologize and the reader should probably just ignore it.

On 1/19/2020 at 9:36 PM, DvDivXXX said:

For once, I wasn't focusing on every last detail, as you clearly assumed...

So are you saying that you made your condescending reply without focusing on the details of my statement?

My main points were that this is a subpar event format in my book, and this first edition wasn't exciting by any means, but not outright terrible either.

So, entirely nothing related to me. As I mentioned before your apparent assumption of my declaring the event "completely useless or terrible event" was a strawman. You've neither counter-argued this nor accepted your mistake.

I'm not going to argue on semantics, or even on details, certainly not as vehemently as you'd probably like me to...

There we go, making assumptions again. Replying to my original point would be enough.

I think the fact that we're very likely going to get an Orgy Days this month instead of two regular revivals more than makes up for it, because one Orgy Days event is much, much better than two regular revivals combined in my book. And since there were only two old events to "revive" this month, we wouldn't have had an Orgy Days without this new Foreplay thing taking up a spot so that both regular revivals turn into one OD. You disagree, that's cool, agree to disagree.

I disagree with what, exactly?

However, like before I will admit my mistake in not realizing there were only two past revivals for this month and for Or days to happen, one normal revival event was probably going to be replaced by something else. So, thank you for pointing that out. My arguments on this secondary topic were based on the assumption that Or days could've been included even without the For event. Though unless Kinkoid does a further positive change regarding next Or days, I suppose my arguments would probably still stand.

At this point, you have still avoided answering several of my questions especially the ones regarding the actual issue that started all this, that this event, in the context which I explained, is similar to the Pachinko.

On 1/25/2020 at 5:03 AM, blaa said:

yep, all complaing for nothing ... but, mainly the critic was against the chance to get less girls as a free player this month.

What exactly are you talking about? I cannot remember ever "complaining" that "free players" have less chance to get drops this month. Maybe you can point out where I stated such? If not, and this is what you believe my main point was, then I'm sorry but I have to ask, did you read what I wrote or not? Pretty sure this is a strawman.

The primary "complaint" was the high Koban requirement which, while noting the multiple nuances involved, in my opinion made the event similar to a Pachinko. Up-till now I have yet to see anyone refute that.

Also, in case your comment was a criticism, if you're going to criticize someone on a topic that has been inactive for days, maybe @mention them or quote them so they can reply back.

Edited by John 1039

15 hours ago, John 1039 said:

The following collapsed section is only in case the comment was directed at me, otherwise I apologize and the reader should probably just ignore it.

Not really, no. Well, the part about Orgy Days happening this month as I predicted and anticipated partially addressed your statement that it was unlikely to happen, but you acknowledged that in your post today, so that's cool. Apart from that, my previous post was just me patting myself on the back for being right about that, and briefly pointing out to those who had been complaining way too hard about the event structure this month that, in the end, it was pretty good overall. The Foreplay thing just wasn't worth it for most players, certainly not for players on a budget, but the game isn't turning into a terrible P2W like several posters in this thread seemed to fear. That's all.

I'm sorry, but apart from that, my previous statement still stands: I'm not interested in a flame war, or even a fierce debate where we quote every last sentence of each other's posts and use tall words like "strawman", "condescending", "counter-argued" and whatnot. We seem to have misunderstood each other, and I'm sorry if I inadvertently either hurt your feelings or gave you false hopes for this kind of super strict, semantics-oriented discussion, but it wasn't my intention. Agree to agree on whichever points we agree upon, disagree on those where our opinions seem to diverge, and good luck, have fun.

Edited by DvDivXXX
  • Like 1