The Foreplay - 14-19 January

Karyia

1 hour ago, fap.titans.gra said:

Where is the data from this event, from players?  I would like to see them. ... but I don't have data about  drop rate (about 10%)?????? 

Technically, there is no (or very limited) data "from this event" since this is the first time it has come up. However, pretty much literally everything in the past supports the ~10% figure; therefore, while a changed-rate is theoretically possible, presently it is extremely unlikely.

• Like 2

I like to record my combats, but as I'm not overly pendatic you could add a +/- 20 there.

Epic Edwarda (Foreplay) Halloween Lupa 370
Legendary Karole (Foreplay) Kathy 530
Legendary Ninja Spy (Foreplay) Kaliko 430
Epic Donatien (Foreplay) Slacker Malina 420

According to my findings the average cost per girl during this event would be a roughly 4750 kobans.

This would be a similar score to the Epic Days from October:

Legendary Fredy Sih (E. days) Ria 380
Legendary Finalmecia (E. days) Miyu 330
Epic Donatien (E. days) Asta 290
Epic Karole (E. days) Viola 450

Cost 4455 kobans, but less than the Epic days from December:

Legendary Edwarda (E. days) Melissa 290
Legendary Dark Lord (E. days) Selene 70
Epic Fredy Sih (E. days) Sugu 230
Epic Donatien (E. days) Windia 220

However the green highlight represents 100 drops. So the cost here is 2187 kobans...

• Thanks 3

On 1/17/2020 at 10:33 AM, fap.titans.gra said:

Where is the data from this event, from players?  I would like to see them.  I know  the drop range is between 1 and 4 it is FACT, but I don't have data about  drop rate (about 10%)??????

We can only have historic data, and not real time data, because players usually post their shard drop data when the event finish in this thread:

https://forum.hentaiheroes.com/index.php?/topic/8653-a-place-for-people-to-share-their-shards-drop-info/

but if you are interested in some partial data my results until now are 215 battles, 19 drops and 43 shards for Malina.  8,84% drop rate and 2,3 shards per drop, so I am a bit in the unlucky side. Using your shards / refill metric, I had an average 4,0 shards per refill until now. It seems your tests have been heavily in the unlucky side.

About the estimated 10% drop rate, is has been consistent in all events since the shards were established so we don't have a reason to think this time Kinkoid would change it for the foreplay event.

Edit: final data after completing girl. Donatien, Slacker Malina, 424 battles, 41 drops, 102 shards
Very close to the estimated average drop rate. 9 refills used, so less than 2000 Kobans.

Edited by jelom
finished malina
  • Thanks 1

I really like this event and was delighted when I got my preferred target in one try — Sorority Sister Mavin. She was a pachinko-only girl. I was only going to try once so I feel very lucky. 

I also won Slacker Malina. She cost me no more than 2500 kobans because I used most of my free combat tokens on her. 

• Like 1

I only hinted this briefly in my posts around the forum, so I will state is here and now clearly: I don't like at all the direction that the game has taken regarding obtaining girls from villains in events, i.e. I don't like the fact that for a few months already in nearly every (with maybe the exception of the first new events of each month) event the players are forced to spend kobans in refills to obtain a single girl. I don't like this for two reasons: first I feel that my effort as a player (especially regarding time spent on the game to not lose combativity or other resources) are not rewarded; second I don't like the fact that this way the devs forces the players to spend their kobans in the way they have decided, thus reducing free will to the player on the subject. Add to this that the affection feature was introduced with the pretense to show the player the progress he has reached, but with the direction the game has taken it has become more a measurement of the player failures.

I consider a fact that when there is an event with girls on villains, many people (obviously me included) is not satisfied to not being able to obtain them without spending kobans. Personally I can tolerate with no problems that when there is a five days event with five girls on five villains, kobans are needed to obtain all of them. The thing that makes me frown is that kobans are needed to obtain a single one, despite the 240 free combativity that one gets in those five days. Even taking into account the free kobans that a free player can gain on average in a month, given that nearly every event is following the aforementioned direction, in a short time no free player will be able to keep a decent pace in the game. And I see this as a lack of respect towards free players. Referring to what I already stated (and recently explained better elsewhere) the abyss between free and paying players is again widening.

Oh, as a side note, before people starts to jump at my throat, believe it or not, the above has nothing to do with my no-koban policy: my thought on the matter would be the same even if I was an active koban spender or a paying player.

Getting to the Foreplay event, it is good to have many girls in an event, but the above is the main reason that makes me dislike the new event type. The "corollary reason" if you pass me the term, is that it seems to have replaced the standard revival events, that in five days, with their drop rate of 1-12 allowed to obtain a girl almost for sure and sometimes even two, if the player was lucky.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Observer_X said:

I don't like the fact that for a few months already in nearly every (with maybe the exception of the first new events of each month) event the players are forced to spend kobans in refills to obtain a single girl.

Orgy Days and Revival Events also do not require refills to get one girl. It's possible to need some if you have super bad luck yes, but that's not the norm. I haven't had to do any refills during them to get one girl, and during October's orgy days I even managed to get 2 without refills.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I've tried battling the Ninja Spy to get a new Legendary girl but the drop rate is too low and not worth spending my time on it, it's for me not possible with such a low drop rate to get the 100 shards needed within the time limit.

I was looking forward to get a new girl this way but I rather go on battling Bremen, he has 3 girls and I already have enough shards for 2 of the girls that give me a chance to actually get them even though the drop rate isn't that great either.

5 hours ago, Observer_X said:

Even taking into account the free kobans that a free player can gain on average in a month, given that nearly every event is following the aforementioned direction, in a short time no free player will be able to keep a decent pace in the game. And I see this as a lack of respect towards free players. Referring to what I already stated (and recently explained better elsewhere) the abyss between free and paying players is again widening.

Well, disagree to agree. ^^ (I'll respond perhaps in more details to your post in the other thread). There's a much softer downside to being F2P in this game than there is in most F2P games, in my opinion, and what you describe would only apply to casuals and/or really bad players who happen to be F2P.

22 minutes ago, DvDivXXX said:

Well, disagree to agree. ^^ (I'll respond perhaps in more details to your post in the other thread). There's a much softer downside to being F2P in this game than there is in most F2P games, in my opinion, and what you describe would only apply to casuals and/or really bad players who happen to be F2P.

You forgot to mention the players who don't spend kobans in the last summation... oh, wait, never mind.

• Haha 5

Hey, don't rub salt on the wound with @Observer_X he has decided to go that way and it is a difficult one indeed.

Of course he is wrong in identifying spending  of free obtained kobans with not being a free player, however he is partially right when he states that many free players, especially in early and mid stages of the game don't earn enough kobans to maintain pace with the amount of new girls added.

Going to the topic of the post, I have been very fortunate in this event, I have got 3 girls with less than 8500 kobans. So my previous rating for this event has improved from what I wrote before.

• Like 4

Collecing all those girls paid me a lot:

Getting Marlin and Carlita by 5 event pachinko spin last year.

Paying 6 event pachinko spin for Holloween girls but failed last year.

Paying 3 event pachinko spin for Halsey and Mavin this year.(Best luck to get those legendary girls)

Paying About 8000 kobens to refill for 3 girls this year.

The total cost over 30k kobens.

Can I get some bonus girl?

At least all College girl and all Mavin collected.

Screenshot_20200118-213933_1579354846590.jpg

Edited by yoyowhan
  • Like 1
  • Thinking 2

Just now, DvDivXXX said:

Considering your strategy, I think you already have one on your side: Lady Luck, 10-star Mythic of the Visa class. ^^

@DvDivXXX I'll need the exact drop rate, shard range and date for that event, please!

I'm also assuming she's all 3 classes at the same time! 😅🤣🤣🤣

*saving kobans mode* on!

• Like 1

spend 3204 nutaku kobans for all 5 villian girls, the 300 kobans per girl I saved I spend on evp for mavin, but didnt get her (I know, that was idiotic, makes now 12 event pachinko tries with 0 girls in a row (and in total))

• Like 2

10,078 kobans straight-up + the 4,860 kobans worth of combativity from the €10 bundle that was on offer, so more or less 15,000...I suppose that's an okay price, 4 normally pachinko-only girls for the regular cost of (just under) 3.

Edited by _shal_
  • Like 1

Okay skimmed over this thread so I might miss a few points, but here's my thoughts.

First I did get Lupa, had to spend maybe 1500 or so kobans, so not terrible.

That said, I do see the points of posters saying we should be able to obtain at least ONE girl koban free per event.  At least on revival events of this nature anyways.

On the other hand with this foreplay event and mythic pachinco, I do acknowledge the devs are working to correct one of the biggest issues with the shard system.  Having to wait a full year for the next attempt at a girl.  I see both sides of the argument here.

But I'm inclined to side with those saying shard drop rates or amounts could be higher.  I don't think it's silly to expect to be able to pick one girl out of a large group and be able to get one without having to spend kobans.  Get them all easy? No.  Never.  And maybe I'm spoiled by some other gacha games with good drop rates, but it's not uncommon to get something good out of most events on other gacha games.  Maybe not the top prize, whatever that might be, but SOMETHING.

I think every event honestly should have daily missions and a girl reward for doing all the missions.  Simplest solution to appease those that feel they are missing out.  Shards could stay as they are with the justification of 'you got the mission girl, if you get one of the other girls as well that's just icing on the cake'

That's my two cents on the issue.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, trunks2585 said:

Okay skimmed over this thread so I might miss a few points, but here's my thoughts.

First I did get Lupa, had to spend maybe 1500 or so kobans, so not terrible.

That said, I do see the points of posters saying we should be able to obtain at least ONE girl koban free per event.  At least on revival events of this nature anyways.

On the other hand with this foreplay event and mythic pachinco, I do acknowledge the devs are working to correct one of the biggest issues with the shard system.  Having to wait a full year for the next attempt at a girl.  I see both sides of the argument here.

But I'm inclined to side with those saying shard drop rates or amounts could be higher.  I don't think it's silly to expect to be able to pick one girl out of a large group and be able to get one without having to spend kobans.  Get them all easy? No.  Never.  And maybe I'm spoiled by some other gacha games with good drop rates, but it's not uncommon to get something good out of most events on other gacha games.  Maybe not the top prize, whatever that might be, but SOMETHING.

I think every event honestly should have daily missions and a girl reward for doing all the missions.  Simplest solution to appease those that feel they are missing out.  Shards could stay as they are with the justification of 'you got the mission girl, if you get one of the other girls as well that's just icing on the cake'

That's my two cents on the issue.

I agree. Players should be able to unlock one girl for free play every event. If players want more, they'll pay as people in this thread have said they have. I mean I went almost 48hrs worth of battling without a shard drop and not using kobans to refill.

• Sad 1

I agree with the general thoughts of the players here.   One "free" girl for us free to play players would be quite generous and appreciated by all the f2p players. myself included.  Also, what would be very nice would be a SMALL chance at the pay to play/koban players girls.  Not sure how that would be done and done fairly.

• Thinking 1

Used Every Koban, started the event just as it started with 20 saved kobans, and refilled twice.  So around 300 fights.  I ended up with 51 shards on Spirit talker Carlita.   Again, my comment from above in the thread stands:  this was a lousy event for me as I was saving kobans.  There were no girls for me to get with my free combativity and no kobans to earn from missions.

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Gremlinking said:

Used Every Koban, started the event just as it started with 20 saved kobans, and refilled twice. So around 300 fights. I ended up with 51 shards on Spirit talker Carlita. Again, my comment from above in the thread stands: this was a lousy event for me as I was saving kobans.

I'm confused. Did you use all your kobans or did you save all your kobans? I really can't tell.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, John 1039 said:

They probably meant that they were "saving Kobans [up-till this event]", like not spending them on the Pachinkos etc.

Then why did they have so few as to only afford two refills? You could afford 3 if you did all the daily missions in these 5 days alone. If that's all they could afford, then that hardly counts as saving kobans.

• Like 1