The Foreplay - 14-19 January

Karyia

@blaa, just for the sake or argument, I'll try.

I didn't quote your post, since I'm quoting something else.

Regarding this event, I'm not sure where @Chthugha and/or @_shal_ got the idea about getting all the girls.

I'm quoting @Falco82 on this, as I feel where he's coming from.

19 hours ago, Falco82 said:

I believe that an event makes sense only if at least one girl can be taken with normal combativity, if for every event you have to spend, it becomes a very dangerous vicious circle that can lead to disaffection (unless the same girls may return in more events in less than a year away, such as in the mythic pachinko, in which case you can also think not to spend on every event but it would still be an extremely long path to walk on).

16 hours ago, Falco82 said:

The problem is not wanting to take them all, the problem is that you cannot take any, and in the meantime you are wasting time and combativity hoping for a lucky 100 (currently nearly impossible) or losing kobans that you will not be able to use in the next events with more useful girls.

However we will see, if it's true that they will return several times (as I had assumed too) then it will be a good event but now at the first glance it remains an event not legendary for 0 girls with no chance, which doesn't reflect any event seen so far, not even in the old system in which you could take 0 girls but only in case of serious bad luck, it wasn't the normality, therefore is wrong and suggesting improvements in a new event in trial is not the same thing as whining.

In my own case, and apart from an early day refill, yesterday I had the grand total of two 1x drops for the whole day. I won't bother with the math on that one.

I think that's the heart of the "complaint". Both events in 2020 have been the worse I've played so far in terms of drop rate/shard rate, but that's that.

I have nothing against strategy and decisions like @_shal_ and @DvDivXXX refer to, at all. It gives a layer of complexity to the game that is quite welcome.

What I think Falco and I (but I can't speak for him) are alluding to, is that it would be so AWESOME to at least ->  "an event makes sense only if at least one girl can be taken with normal combativity". Bear in mind, that I'm not referring to legendary days or alike. Maybe that's the problem, we're having an alt Legendary Days, while we thought we were having a new normal event. Maybe the announcements could be made clearer and we wouldn't have any of this :) Maybe.  

But if these kinds of posts where we're sharing our opinions with, at least, some kind of reasoning are offensive to others and make us ladies (or whatever) and other members big boys or pretty girls (or whatever), that's all good with me too. As _shal_ put it: "It is what it is." I guess I have to be sorry that I think the game could do better, more so, on a new event on a new year.

Things are meant to change, and hopefully, in a better way. I hope this hasn't bothered any of you in any way.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

All the girls is what I would call a style figure. You play an event and you immediately assume you should be able to get a girl. That is the principle you are judging this event on. You cannot get a girl for free, so it is a shit event. (Bit of a crude way of saying it, but it gets across the point.) I look at the event and I see previous event pachinko only girls that are on villains. I see a shard drop of 1-4. Okay I can get one for less than what it would've cost me during the event. Good deal. And to be honest, for newer players you shouldn't even be looking at the 5400 bench mark. This is a reliable way to get an pachinko event girl, instead of during an event where you can either play event pachinko, which is very unreliable, or epic pachinko, which will almost guaranteed give you a permanent pachinko girl.

Just to get back to it: So when I say you cannot get them all for free, that means that in some events you will have to use kobans. Events don't automatically guarantee a free girl. That is a silly idea that is stuck in the minds of some players. That doesn't mean that the event is bad. It does mean that you need to change your approach and maybe even skip an event, because choices will have to be made.

And yes, all is the appropriate word here, because in normal revivals we see players who complain that they aren't guaranteed both girls on villains for free. If one was "guaranteed" this event, we would have gotten complaints that it wasn't two girls, etcetera. People are generally unhappy with what they get.

Edited by Chthugha
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

That's the thing... I don't even know what is a previous event pachinko girl or not. To me (ignorant), they're girls... 14.

Could never use pachinko (for girls), probably will not ever, unless in very specific circumstances.

But I'll take your word for it.

You should give us/me (rookies) a discount, we're pretty much in the dark about stuff that you (veterans) know for a while.

My usual stance for any event is to "pick" (according to class/need/availability) a girl and go for her. If I get her, I go for the next choice (and so on).

Being rather new, I haven't had the problem of having too many options to choose from. But having it will be a good problem in the meantime :)

Thanks for the info.

10 minutes ago, Karyia said:

You should give us/me (rookies) a discount, we're pretty much in the dark about stuff that you (veterans) know for a while.

People like Falco have been on the forum for over a year, and probably played the game for even longer. Unfortunately not everyone who says that kind of stuff is a rookie. They're still in the dark about a lot of how the game works, but I don't think they deserve a discount for refusing to learn.

Sometimes people like yourself get wrapped up into our eye rolls at them though, because you're presenting the same arguments.

As for knowing how they were previously available, that can be checked on the wiki if you're interested.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Karyia said:

That's the thing... I don't even know what is a previous event pachinko girl or not. To me (ignorant), they're girls... 14.

Well yeah, Kinkoid's communication can be rather lacking even about pretty integral gameplay aspects, so I can understand that newer players can find it a bit surprising to be told that Event SoAndSo isn't actually aimed at them.

That being said, these forum threads for such events have a disturbing tendency to go like this:

• Some new-ish player who's not in a position to know what's going on mildly complains that they can't get a girl for free, which they believed they could
  • Five minutes later, veteran players who habitually complain about everything arrive to join in to echo that complaint, but in a much more obnoxious tone
  • Everything spirals out of control in short order
  • Later attempts by more reasonable veteran players to explain the situation mostly go unheard/unread.

Echoing George's comment just above, sometimes the newbies accidentally end up getting crossfire that's actually aimed at veteran players who still don't have a clue after a year/years playing the game.

Edited by _shal_
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, GeorgeMTO said:

People like Falco have been on the forum for over a year, and probably played the game for even longer. Unfortunately not everyone who says that kind of stuff is a rookie. They're still in the dark about a lot of how the game works, but I don't think they deserve a discount for refusing to learn.

Sometimes people like yourself get wrapped up into our eye rolls at them though, because you're presenting the same arguments.

As for knowing how they were previously available, that can be checked on the wiki if you're interested.

It's ok. It's not like we have a sign or anything. 

I know it's hard to keep having to repeat the same thing over and over, and even worse if to the same person over time.

Thank you. I had an idea about the epic pachinko girls but not the event pachinko ones. 😅

I'd say that both ends of spectrum exist. There are veteran players who welcome event Pachinko-only girls on bosses.

And there are newer players who might struggle through classic event, find themselves in Foreplay, and then Legendary Days hits. That would be how many girls in how many days? It would feel bad and is something that need to be considered.

Maybe - just maybe - Kinkoid should consider keeping Dark Lord during special events as a spot for newbie players with more approachable shard drops while placing girls on him that most veterans have and thus focus their efforts elsewhere.

3 minutes ago, FinderKeeper said:

Maybe - just maybe - Kinkoid should consider keeping Dark Lord during special events as a spot for newbie players with more approachable shard drops while placing girls on him that most veterans have and thus focus their efforts elsewhere.

Unfortunately that would probably just result in a significant number of newbies believing their DL drops are the normal, who then end up sinking their kobans into other bosses falsely thinking they can easily replicate that success there. That would even be the likely outcome if Kinkoid managed to present very clear instructions against doing that, because if there's one thing that's unquestionably true it's that way too many players don't pay attention to anything - not patch notes, not in-game news, not the event summary in the actual game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Karyia said:

I had an idea about the epic pachinko girls but not the event pachinko ones. 😅

Oh well that's kind of a wording issue. You see we're referring to Event girls, that during their original event were only available in the Pachinko. Language that stuck around from before the Event Pachinko got added. We tend to refer to girls based on how they were first made available in the game, regardless of how they were later made obtainable.

3 minutes ago, FinderKeeper said:

I'm not sure the current event code can do multiple girls with different shard drop amounts. Mostly because they've never done it, and that seems like unnecessary functionality to have if they don't use it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, GeorgeMTO said:

Oh well that's kind of a wording issue. You see we're referring to Event girls, that during their original event were only available in the Pachinko. Language that stuck around from before the Event Pachinko got added. We tend to refer to girls based on how they were first made available in the game, regardless of how they were later made obtainable.

I'm not sure the current event code can do multiple girls with different shard drop amounts. Mostly because they've never done it, and that seems like unnecessary functionality to have if they don't use it.

Oh crap! They've read Event Pachinko Girls, and obviously created the Event Pachinko after that, because they thought that would be a good idea.

14 minutes ago, GeorgeMTO said:

You see we're referring to Event girls, that during their original event were only available in the Pachinko

@Karyia oh and just for clarity, this doesn't apply to new girls in Epic Days, even though the moment they get added they're on a boss. They're still referred to as Permanent Pachinko girls by the sensible parts of the player base.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, GeorgeMTO said:

@Karyia oh and just for clarity, this doesn't apply to new girls in Epic Days, even though the moment they get added they're on a boss. They're still referred to as Permanent Pachinko girls by the sensible parts of the player base.

😂 I'll be damned! Not easy to track down.

If I may ask... the wiki only has 3rd anniversary girls as event pachinko.

But, for example, Jordan from Wicked Xmas 2019. If I understood correctly, she's "labeled"/addressed as an event pachinko too, right?

6 minutes ago, Karyia said:

😂 I'll be damned! Not easy to track down.

If I may ask... the wiki only has 3rd anniversary girls as event pachinko.

But, for example, Jordan from Wicked Xmas 2019. If I understood correctly, she's "labeled"/addressed as an event pachinko too, right?

Yup.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Karyia said:

Ahem.... I don't want to sound like an hypocryte or something but I guess you can mark me as a fan for this event 😅🙄

Kaliko.png

what other choice is there left than call you out? just kiddin of course, congrats!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, blaa said:

what other choice is there left than call you out? just kiddin of course, congrats!

I wonder if it's related with all the "complaining"? 🙄🤨😁

Kidding, Kidding! 😂 Thanks! 👌

Well, and good luck for everyone! 🙏

Congrats!

By the way, you can forget about the connection of "new players" to "Dark Lord".
I tested the new XP distribution and it takes an active player around 2 weeks to reach Donatien and level 150. An inactive player can still reach Edwarda and level 100 very easily in that time. Getting past Dark Lord to Ninja is about 1 hour of clicking. Ninja to Gruntt... maybe 1-2 days if you are lazy. The start of the game just breezes by.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@GeorgeMTO, I understood the mechanics of the game very well and in fact I found all the details of @_shal_ on how to use the kobans obvious, obvious and out of place also because they started from a wrong phrase by @Chthugha (and by the way, I @_shal_, the only one "obnoxious tone" I read it when he writes "Me thinks the ladies protest too much") for the rest it was a very peaceful discussion especially by those who were not satisfied with this event, not of everything as you say but never mind.

To me what results from what I read is that both those who are "new and don't understand", and those who are "old and have the truth in their pocket" have come to the same opinion, namely that this is an event more to be skipped than to be played, and if an event is to be skipped it means that it is wrong, and it does not seem strange to me to try to make it improve, it seems much worse to say that it is perfect when it's not.

As I said in my first post (and someone didn't understand), this is an excellent event for the variety of girls in the game and for the fact that they are girls previously obtainable only through pachinko but the drops like anniversary/legendary days makes it an event that can be skipped more than played and so not as good as it could have been, and it doesn't seem to me that anyone here has been able to argue otherwise.

I believe that veteran players should better read everyone's comments as the event is new for everyone and nobody will know what will happen in the future. The only sure thing is that with a calendar like this we lose a "free" event with missions that give kobans to have another "paid" event, the result will be or having to keep the kobans to play this event too, which will make the pachinko completely useless (which, however, was already a bit) or skip it every time; in any case, I adapt but I keep saying that it is dangerous, especially for the new players (but maybe not only) and I don't think anything good will come of it neither for us or for kinkoid in the end (and I repeat, only for the drops, otherwise the idea was good).

This was the first time of an event ever tried before in which, therefore, the suggestions would have been welcome but if you are fine with it and you have no suggestions for improving it but you like demonize those who have them, ok.

P.S .: @Karyia 's lucky 100 (congratulations) testifies exactly what has been said so far, this was the only way to get girls in this event without spending more than what you need to spend in a normal event with some luck (and I know that you don't like it but is 1800k, not 5400 😛).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jaybee said:

Congrats!

By the way, you can forget about the connection of "new players" to "Dark Lord".
I tested the new XP distribution and it takes an active player around 2 weeks to reach Donatien and level 150. An inactive player can still reach Edwarda and level 100 very easily in that time. Getting past Dark Lord to Ninja is about 1 hour of clicking. Ninja to Gruntt... maybe 1-2 days if you are lazy. The start of the game just breezes by.

Uhm when and how did you test this? I maybe wasted like half a day but otherwise my energy bar never reached the maximum. I´ve been playing for 13,5 days now and i´m about halfway through invaded kingdom and level 102. So level 100 in 2 weeks is very possible if you consider logging in 4 times a day and actively playing several hours spread over those 4 logins "being an inactive player". I´m also reading the forums, FAQ and wikia - which most new players won´t.

How is somebody supposed to do Ninja to Gruntt in "maybe 1-2 day if you are lazy" when the amount of energy required per the wikia is 2101 for ninja village. In 2 days you regenarate 384 energy. A level up gives 10. Every tenth level up gives you full energy. So if you somehow manage to coincidentally be at 0 energy every time you reach a multiple of 10 (which is ridiculous imo) you average 19 energy per level up so about 90 level ups are needed to get through ninja village in 2 days. What you are saying is mathematically impossible. Unless you claim that one will climb 90 levels within 2 days from Ninja to Grunnt, what strongly contradicts your other statement of "reaching Edwarda and level 100". Also Ninja village and Invaded Kingdom are only 98 energy difference - why should one take "1-2 days if lazy" and the other one 12 days? Reaching Donatien is 3574 energy. So in total reaching Donatien (disregarding gems kingdom) is 7878 energy. In two weeks you regenerate 2688 energy. So 5190 energy missing, 19 per level up (which still is ridiculous and probably a lot closer to 15) means 273 level ups.

Am I missing something? Are there more options to gain energy that are not mentioned in the FAQ?

Edited by derundann
  • Thinking 1

41 minutes ago, Falco82 said:

@GeorgeMTO, I understood the mechanics of the game very well and in fact I found all the details of @_shal_ on how to use the kobans obvious, obvious and out of place also because they started from a wrong phrase by @Chthugha (and by the way, I @_shal_, the only one "obnoxious tone" I read it when he writes "Me thinks the ladies protest too much") for the rest it was a very peaceful discussion especially by those who were not satisfied with this event, not of everything as you say but never mind.

To me what results from what I read is that both those who are "new and don't understand", and those who are "old and have the truth in their pocket" have come to the same opinion, namely that this is an event more to be skipped than to be played, and if an event is to be skipped it means that it is wrong, and it does not seem strange to me to try to make it improve, it seems much worse to say that it is perfect when it's not.

As I said in my first post (and someone didn't understand), this is an excellent event for the variety of girls in the game and for the fact that they are girls previously obtainable only through pachinko but the drops like anniversary/legendary days makes it an event that can be skipped more than played and so not as good as it could have been, and it doesn't seem to me that anyone here has been able to argue otherwise.

I believe that veteran players should better read everyone's comments as the event is new for everyone and nobody will know what will happen in the future. The only sure thing is that with a calendar like this we lose a "free" event with missions that give kobans to have another "paid" event, the result will be or having to keep the kobans to play this event too, which will make the pachinko completely useless (which, however, was already a bit) or skip it every time; in any case, I adapt but I keep saying that it is dangerous, especially for the new players (but maybe not only) and I don't think anything good will come of it neither for us or for kinkoid in the end (and I repeat, only for the drops, otherwise the idea was good).

This was the first time of an event ever tried before in which, therefore, the suggestions would have been welcome but if you are fine with it and you have no suggestions for improving it but you like demonize those who have them, ok.

P.S .: @Karyia 's lucky 100 (congratulations) testifies exactly what has been said so far, this was the only way to get girls in this event without spending more than what you need to spend in a normal event with some luck (and I know that you don't like it but is 1800k, not 5400 😛).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_lady_doth_protest_too_much,_methinks

Just for reference... but I must admit I misremembered the meaning in the play (and I put the methinks on the wrong side of the sentence). So a couple of mistakes there from me. However, I don't agree with this being a failure of an event. I can get a girl I didn't have at a discount. I see only positives there. I can even choose from multiple girls. Way better to me than a normal revival. A normal revival would of course be better for very new players (<1 year playing the game). But then again, Kinkoid is not going to ignore one of the two revival events, so it is very safe to assume that we will get both at the same time as an orgy event.

Edited by Chthugha
  • Like 2