New girl is drawn like shit

i cant speak for everyone (though Lord knows Chthugha can) the recent drawing look a whole lot more cartoonish then what we have previously dealt with now i agree with you i like natasha, but the drawing styles have changed and not for the better

• Like 1

val norou is really weird, ruins the original. not good

kinda wish i had gone for romantic levitya, val norou's face is weird

the new art is starting to look western, reminds me of when my artist american friends in high school would try to learn to draw anime using those american "how to draw anime" books from the school library 

• Like 3

On 2/5/2020 at 8:04 AM, HarbekTT said:

Hahaha, I really don't know what is the issue here, if you guys don't like a Big ThiCC girl its Ok, but the art is really great. The Real problem with this game is the "affection scene art" and consistency (Style). Pick the exemple of this "Valentine" new girls.

Hide contents

Val Norou is totally different from  Norou V.A.L.E.T-X003 and three star that appears Arianne its a joke from the art of Date Arianne. (Norou on star two Arianne its fine and the same style)

image.thumb.png.ab9458441d9ce79dbbf96a2dbfcd6515.pngimage.thumb.png.881a6c606d21cd195ec11db916fd37fb.pngimage.thumb.png.2af1f0bd2fd77e8c1311cc2d5627092a.png

[\spoiler]

this is terrible

the new colors are flat, shadowing non existent. 

theres no depth, 

Edited by jyepie
  • Like 2

I like how the artist seems to think that once a corset is removed, the girl is actually that skinny there. If that was the case, corsets would not exist. 

😁 

But yeah, there's no doubt the overall quality of the art has... dropped a few points. I'm just happy I stopped paying a few months ago. This isn't worth my cash. 

Some more than others. (I really like the new Bonny, I guess she can let her hair grow if she wanted to, but it looks like she also did some operations and now resembles an elven warrioress or something. That's cool, as I said, I like her, but it's hard to see it as our good old Bonny.

Someone in my guild was asking if they'll ever have Karole in the game as a harem girl. I got exited and said, who knows? But quickly I recovered and thought, never mind. She isn't going to look like Karole anyway if that happens. 

• Like 2

There are one detail I love in one of the old artists (I don't know their name sorry >_>) drawings  : the clothes detail.

Look at Norou for example:

JSl.png

I love the attention the details on her clothes and how well they are dawns.

Most of people just want to see naked girls but to me this detail is so important and I wanted to thank the artist who poured their heart and soul into doing this, because it's not easy to do and shows how much they cared. Your work isn't wasted sir and there are people who appreciate it. Thank you!

Edited by linkdream
  • Like 1

Although I don't dislike the art, there is a point I would like to clear, as it appears more like a graphical game bug to me: am I the only one that both in the harem and in the poses near the villains see the girls poses like as they are somewhat blurred? And I am reffering only to this event girls poses: the other girls in my harem are displayed good as ever.

1 minute ago, Observer_X said:

Although I don't dislike the art, there is a point I would like to clear, as it appears more like a graphical game bug to me: am I the only one that both in the harem and in the poses near the villains see the girls poses like as they are somewhat blurred? And I am reffering only to this event girls poses: the other girls in my harem are displayed good as ever.

I have the same thing.

• Like 1

Here's a question. Is it really just style that have changed or could it be that whatever programs or platform these artists uses have changed? 

Now I have no idea, if these arts pieces are draw by hand or by something else. However the game have been around for years now and it's more than likely that these artists might have changed whatever they use to make their art. And we all know that many programs and products will change over time and sometimes so much so that they are completely different from the previous versions. This could greatly affect on how this new art turns out. 

And if it's not programs or such, then it could be just that artists personal preferences or their style might simple change over time. They themselves might see it as improment from their previous work, while others might end up greatly disagreeing with notion. 

Either way, I think this recent change in some art is one of these two. 

3 hours ago, ShadowHaamu said:

Here's a question. Is it really just style that have changed or could it be that whatever programs or platform these artists uses have changed? 

Now I have no idea, if these arts pieces are draw by hand or by something else. However the game have been around for years now and it's more than likely that these artists might have changed whatever they use to make their art. And we all know that many programs and products will change over time and sometimes so much so that they are completely different from the previous versions. This could greatly affect on how this new art turns out. 

And if it's not programs or such, then it could be just that artists personal preferences or their style might simple change over time. They themselves might see it as improment from their previous work, while others might end up greatly disagreeing with notion. 

Either way, I think this recent change in some art is one of these two. 

Well i personally pay attention to the faces a lot. My favorite thing of the girls are their faces and boobs. I like the poses and their faces 

The newer faces are a little less detailed, dont look like anime. But a little different. The eyes and nose are different. 

Edited by jyepie
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, ShadowHaamu said:

You can know what programs are they using now if you search in the jobs section of kinkoid.com

2 things I´d like to notice:

- The picture of a girl can be improved in the future even if she has been introduced into game already.

- Rather than saying a girl is beatiful or not (which I think is a quite subjective matter), I´d try that each girl could be drawn ONLY by the artist who created her, in order to avoid strange changes in the look of the girl. If an artist leaves KK (sometimes happen) just stop adding new material about his/her girls. IMO is better to introduce a new girl than changing the appearance of an existing one.

• Like 8

BREAKING NEWS

The first time I fought a boss after the newly implemented pachinko orbs appeared, a free 1x epic spin dropped. I used this free spin and got an unprecedented %100 hearts.

So guess which girl it was. Go on. Guess...

@Kinkoid: Did you set this shit up specifically? Are you messing with me in particular? What the fuck is this bullshit.

3 minutes ago, 3132 said:

BREAKING NEWS

The first time I fought a boss after the newly implemented pachinko orbs appeared, a free 1x epic spin dropped. I used this free spin and got an unprecedented %100 hearts.

So guess which girl it was. Go on. Guess...

@Kinkoid: Did you set this shit up specifically? Are you messing with me in particular? What the fuck is this bullshit.

@Chthugha, look you have a comrade!

Also Epic Pachinko only gives 100 shards at a time, just so you're aware.

2 hours ago, GeorgeMTO said:

@Chthugha, look you have a comrade!

Also Epic Pachinko only gives 100 shards at a time, just so you're aware.

He's complaining about the Girl, not the shard amount ;)

As for the art in general, I guess it really depends on personal preference sometimes. I definitely dislike the girl OP mentioned and the upgrade poses for Val Norou are subpar, compared to the first one. What's more disconcerting is the lack of coherency in representation of the same character in scenes from other characters, and sometimes within scenes of the character itself.

The one thing I don't mind is the upgrade in visuals to Bonny, the only problem being visual inconsistency with previous art and that her 4 and 5 star poses are weird and can't really show off her new face properly. I'd prefer the original poses be redone in the new style, which is much closer in quality to the better art in the game.

P.S. Romantic Levitya also seems like an improvement over the original version. Although they are similar, the new style seems more detailed and of higher quality.

Edited by LanceHardwood
  • Like 1

This week's 4 and 5 stars updates also show some changes from the original models. Silvia got tanned and Cunnegonde is now pretty (I really prefer her now but she's just not the same as before). It's obvious that the artist behind this aff updates is different (and more talented) than the one drawing new event girls

Edited by pozi
typo

2 hours ago, LanceHardwood said:

He's complaining about the Girl, not the shard amount ;)

As for the art in general, I guess it really depends on personal preference sometimes. I definitely dislike the girl OP mentioned and the upgrade poses for Val Norou are subpar, compared to the first one. What's more disconcerting is the lack of coherency in representation of the same character in scenes from other characters, and sometimes within scenes of the character itself.

The one thing I don't mind is the upgrade in visuals to Bonny, the only problem being visual inconsistency with previous art and that her 4 and 5 star poses are weird and can't really show off her new face properly. I'd prefer the original poses be redone in the new style, which is much closer in quality to the better art in the game.

P.S. Romantic Levitya also seems like an improvement over the original version. Although they are similar, the new style seems more detailed and of higher quality.

For your information... I also "complained" about the girl I got from the free orb, but on discord. I will just state that it is Natasha instead of letting people guess.

• Thinking 1
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, LanceHardwood said:

You know, technically you could mod the game with something like a greasemonkey script to replace the art of one girl with that of another. Just a thought ;)

Why bother. I just won't look at her again. If she is in the champion's draft, that's okay. I don't watch that as well. Seems like an awful and way too intricate way of achieving what is naturally achieved.

38 minutes ago, Chthugha said:

Why bother. I just won't look at her again. If she is in the champion's draft, that's okay. I don't watch that as well. Seems like an awful and way too intricate way of achieving what is naturally achieved.

It's probably not that complicated, but it does require some programming experience. The upside is that in practice you could replace any girl's assets with those of another, therefore creating a harem composed only of girls you find visually and artistically appealing. The more I think about it, the more I'm considering doing it myself.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LanceHardwood said:

It's probably not that complicated, but it does require some programming experience. The upside is that in practice you could replace any girl's assets with those of another, therefore creating a harem composed only of girls you find visually and artistically appealing. The more I think about it, the more I'm considering doing it myself.

It still costs more time than doing nothing. It is not like you are going to die from seeing the picture once in a blue moon.

• Like 1