12/Feb/2020 week 7 patch note discussion

Antimon

Just now, Тёмный Властелин said:

A huge ass slap from the devs

It was more like a spear on the heart for me. It really killed my motivation to farm for those girls. She was my last girl and the girl from my speciality... "Don't affect the chance of the girl" my ass. That's a sickbullshit. 😣😖

So, now instead of 2kk Ymens for 5-th sexpert 2 league place I am gonna get 1 mythic pachinko orb. Like, really?

It kills the motivation to battle for high places in the league. It kills the motivation to farm girls at all. How are you gonna level them up without cash? Good for me that I am playing this only for a month for now. Very easy to stop.

Edited by Тёмный Властелин

Arena Daily Quests

• The last reward from Arena Daily Quests will be one Mythic x1 game Orb which will replace the 2 champion ticket reward.

I think thats realy badly! but it would be okay for me if its a 50% chance in the arena to get 2 tickets or 1 mythic pachinko. 2 Tickets are for me around 500k Ymen and 1 mythic pachinko cost 150 Kobans, but for me is 1 mythic pachinko less worth than 150 kobans... But if i could consider between 150 kobans ore 500k Ymen i would take the Ymen!
May are a good idea a 50% chance for 2 tickets, a 40% chance for 1 mythic orb and 10% chance for an epik orb 

Leagues 

• Orbs will replace the Ymen Money reward
  •  From Wanker III and up the top places will be rewarded with Mythic x1 game, Epic x1 game or Epic x10 games Orbs. 

That sounds positiv for me, cus there are many people who plays sexpert 2 or 3 again and again to reach place 1 or the top 4 cus of the many Ymens and Kobans they can get. But now do you get the Ymens only if your not in the top 15! I say this will be a reason for some people to play in higher leagues and not in the same league over and over again ^^

Champions

• Champions will now have an additional drop of one Epic x1 game Orb for the first three champions and two Epic x1 game Orbs for the second three champions 
  • The orbs will NOT decrease the chance of obtaining the champion girls.

Im not sure what i shall think about that... It seems like the extra orbs does decrease the chance to get the girl :( and so does it break the game...
But if the orbs would be an additonal bonus and not a seperate drop would it be great, cus in this way would be the chance for the girl the same
Another fair option would be that you can get the orbs only if you finished the champ 8 times

It gets worse. You guys aren't going to like my interpretation on "The orbs will NOT decrease the chance of obtaining the champion girls".

After I realized how the devs define chances based upon implicit unstated conditions I had a thought, which is so far supported by some results. Namely that if you had a 15% chance of obtaining a girl from a Champion while other rewards are available, then you will continue to have 15% after the Orbs implementation. This completely fits into the above statement, while at the same time being much worse than what we had before. Since previously you could run out of other rewards, the theoretical 15% chance would translate to 100% after a certain point, but now it's no longer possible. Enjoy.

Edited by LanceHardwood
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, LanceHardwood said:

It gets worse. You guys aren't going to like my interpretation on "The orbs will NOT decrease the chance of obtaining the champion girls".

After I realized how the devs define chances based upon implicit unstated conditions I had a thought, which is so far supported by some results. Namely that if you had a 15% chance of obtaining a girl from a Champion while other rewards are available, then you will continue to have 15% after the Orbs implementation. This completely fits into the above statement, while at the same time being much worse than what we had before. Since previously you could run out of other rewards, the theoretical 15% chance would translate to 100% after a certain point, but now it's no longer possible. Enjoy.

I'm laughing but you do have a point.

As they go down, the chances for the rest of the rewards go higher.

Previously, you had a 12,5% chance to get the girl (1/8), now you should have 11,1 % (1/9) at the start.

Those go higher, as you get the other rewards. (1/7, 1/6 and so on)

If you only have the girl and the orb, it'll be 50% each.

And if you keep getting the orb.... you keep having 50% each, which actually goes in line with what you say 🤣🤣🤣 Though that's pretty twisted 😅

2 minutes ago, Karyia said:

m laughing but you do have a point.

As they go down, the chances for the rest of the rewards go higher.

Previously, you had a 12,5% chance to get the girl (1/8), now you should have 11,1 % (1/9) at the start.

Those go higher, as you get the other rewards. (1/7, 1/6 and so on)

If you only have the girl and the orb, it'll be 50% each.

And if you keep getting the orb.... you keep having 50% each, which actually goes in line with what you say 🤣🤣🤣 Though that's pretty twisted 😅

In your experience does the chance really get higher before you actually run out of other rewards. If we judge by pachinko chances - the girls' % stays the same, while the other rewards are adjusted around them. I've just today learned that Event pachinko has a static 22.5% to get a girl, the rest is split between avatars and legendary items. Yet when you run out of avatars the chance of getting a girl doesn't go up. So I'd wager that the only static chances in the game are girl drop percentages, while everything else can fluctuate as necessary to fill the remaining up to a 100%. If your interpretation were true, people would be getting girls from Champions very frequently before exhausting other rewards. Judging from the chatter in my Club though, most often it's the other way around.

I agree with LanceHardwood. The chance to get a girl from a champion is static, it seems. I have already beaten Romero 6 times and didn't get it. It works like in pachinko. We don't know the percentage, but the chance of obtaining a girl doesn't increase while you proceed with the rewards from the champs.

Edited by Тёмный Властелин

2 minutes ago, LanceHardwood said:

In your experience does the chance really get higher before you actually run out of other rewards. If we judge by pachinko chances - the girls' % stays the same, while the other rewards are adjusted around them. I've just today learned that Event pachinko has a static 22.5% to get a girl, the rest is split between avatars and legendary items. Yet when you run out of avatars the chance of getting a girl doesn't go up. So I'd wager that the only static chances in the game are girl drop percentages, while everything else can fluctuate as necessary to fill the remaining up to a 100%. If your interpretation were true, people would be getting girls from Champions very frequently before exhausting other rewards. Judging from the chatter in my Club though, most often it's the other way around.

We were talking about the girls with the champions.

I can't get a conclusion from my own experience, since the most I've gotten from a single champion has been 4 cycles (I got that girl on the 3rd one). But from what I've seen other players talking about that, it does. You have (had) 8 different rewards to get (girl included). So, as you got them, the chances to get the rest would go down, increasing the chances to get said rewards (1/8, 1/7, etc).

The Pachinko's are a whole different beast, I'm afraid 😑 But not comparable to the champions, or at least, to the knowledge I have of how they work.

The Pachinko's are always "safe" from that because they deal with probabilities, never with certainty (other than the x10 Epic and Draft Pachinko).

19 minutes ago, Karyia said:

We were talking about the girls with the champions.

I can't get a conclusion from my own experience, since the most I've gotten from a single champion has been 4 cycles (I got that girl on the 3rd one). But from what I've seen other players talking about that, it does. You have (had) 8 different rewards to get (girl included). So, as you got them, the chances to get the rest would go down, increasing the chances to get said rewards (1/8, 1/7, etc).

The Pachinko's are a whole different beast, I'm afraid 😑 But not comparable to the champions, or at least, to the knowledge I have of how they work.

The Pachinko's are always "safe" from that because they deal with probabilities, never with certainty (other than the x10 Epic and Draft Pachinko).

It's not just champions vs pachinko. Villains also feature a static drop rate for girls as far as I know. There's no reason to believe champions behave otherwise. If anything it would be inconsistent, and I'd say you were very lucky to get a girl on the 3rd full run. I have 6 + 4 + 2 + 1 full champion runs and not a single girl. While you could argue it's "just the odds", it really doesn't seem that way. Especially as immediately once orbs are implemented people start getting them instead of girls. We'd need a larger results pool for accurate statics, but it doesn't look good so far. Do you really think devs want to give you a high probability of obtaining the best girls in the game for free ?

And another thought - your interpretation is in conflict with the statement of "The orbs will NOT decrease the chance of obtaining the champion girls". But as evident the Orbs decrease the 100% probability of obtaining the girl which your logic implies.

Edited by LanceHardwood

2 minutes ago, LanceHardwood said:

It's not just champions vs pachinko. Villains also feature a static drop rate for girls as far as I know. There's no reason to believe champions behave otherwise. If anything it would be inconsistent, and I'd say you were very lucky to get a girl on the 3rd full run. I have 6 + 4 + 2 + 1 full champion runs and not a single girl. While you could argue it's "just the odds", it really doesn't seem that way. Especially as immediately once orbs are implemented people start getting them instead of girls. We'd need a larger results pool for accurate statics, but it doesn't look good so far. Do you really think devs want to give you a high probability of obtaining the best girls in the game for free ?

I'm not sure we're talking the same thing.

The Champions have 8 different rewards, right?

The Pachinkos don't have such a thing (low fixed rewards), neither do the.... drop rate for villains? You're mixing everything together.

Champions is one thing. Pachinkos another. Villains another. I'm talking about the how they function, not about rates or chances.

With the Champions, if you have 8 possible rewards, at the start you have 1/8 of a chance of getting one. Next? One of 7, since the first was taken. Then one of 6, etc, etc.

That doesn't apply to Pachinko or the villains. I'm not sure if I can explain it to you any better. It's just the info I have and how I perceive it :) 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Leo_le_Salomo said:

It isnt for free! it takes more than a year to get all girls from the champions, thats hard work! and now its even harder cus of the damn orbs...

True, but you were guaranteed to get them if you managed to beat the champions a finite amount of times. Good luck with that now ....

1 minute ago, Karyia said:

I'm not sure we're talking the same thing.

The Champions have 8 different rewards, right?

The Pachinkos don't have such a thing (low fixed rewards), neither do the.... drop rate for villains? You're mixing everything together.

Champions is one thing. Pachinkos another. Villains another. I'm talking about the how they function, not about rates or chances.

With the Champions, if you have 8 possible rewards, at the start you have 1/8 of a chance of getting one. Next? One of 7, since the first was taken. Then one of 6, etc, etc.

That doesn't apply to Pachinko or the villains. I'm not sure if I can explain it to you any better. It's just the info I have and how I perceive it :) 

I think you're mistaken here. Champions are the same thing, only under a different package. Otherwise why would they even mention drop chances in the patch notes ?

I'll echo the edit to my previous post as you may not have noticed it - your interpretation is in conflict with the statement of "The orbs will NOT decrease the chance of obtaining the champion girls". But as evident the Orbs decrease the 100% probability of obtaining the girl which your logic implies.

So either they are lying or your assumption is incorrect.

Edited by LanceHardwood
  • Like 1

Yes, champion girl chances are static but I'm not sure it's as high as 15%. Probably much less (5-10%).
Just that the chance jumped to 100% in the 8th pass.
If devs confirm that the 100% chance no longer exists, there will always be a fixed 90-95% chance to get the orb and 5-10% chance to get the girl.

Or 85-15% for optimists.

But I'm sure devs will comment on the guaranteed champion girl - as of now they seem to be quarantined instead.

4 minutes ago, LanceHardwood said:

True, but you were guaranteed to get them if you managed to beat the champions a finite amount of times. Good luck with that now ....

I think you're mistaken here. Champions are the same thing, only under a different package. Otherwise why would they even mention drop chances in the patch notes ?

I'll echo the edit to my previous post as you may not have noticed it - your interpretation is in conflict with the statement of "The orbs will NOT decrease the chance of obtaining the champion girls". But as evident the Orbs decrease the 100% probability of obtaining the girl which your logic implies.

So either they are lying or your assumption is incorrect.

I'll just give up here, since we're talking about different things :)

Here's how I see it.  Someone correct me if I am wrong.  They added Pachinko Orb's as the final prize/award in each Champion stage.  In the past after 4 tries to the final stage we were guaranteed to get the girl.  Now we have an extra award that will happen many times, how many we do not know.  That gives us more chances in pachinko.  THAT IS SHIT!

That's like winning a craps roll and instead of winning the pot money you get a chance to roll again to see if you can win an award.

EDIT

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Karyia said:

I don't think that's true. I think, that a girl has a 15% chance to drop, if not, you get one of the items - they all have the same percent, divided by the amount of them. So, if you have, like, 7 items left, the percent to get one is, roughly, 15% If 6 - 16%, if 5 - 20%. And so on. So, their percentage doesn't interfere with the girls percentage. It's a simple algorythm: in the beginning it is, roughly "Yes" or "No", where "yes" stands for you being lucky and hitting 15% out of 100% to get a girl. If "No", another algorithm starts, including 100%, divided through the remaining items at the same proportion.

31 minutes ago, jaybee said:

Yes, champion girl chances are static but I'm not sure it's as high as 15%. Probably much less (5-10%).
Just that the chance jumped to 100% in the 8th pass.
If devs confirm that the 100% chance no longer exists, there will always be a fixed 90-95% chance to get the orb and 5-10% chance to get the girl.

Or 85-15% for optimists.

But I'm sure devs will comment on the guaranteed champion girl - as of now they seem to be quarantined instead.

I gave 15% as a theoretical example. You're probably right that it's more likely about 10%, but I didn't want to be too harsh on the devs.

25 minutes ago, Karyia said:

I'll just give up here, since we're talking about different things :)

We are talking about the same thing and I explained why your view conflicts with statements from the devs. As evident by the "chance" mention, champions deal with probabilities in the same way as pachinko and villains. Thus the supporting argument for your theory is shot down. And Event Pachinko in particular even functions similar to champions. There you have 3 types of rewards - girls, avatars and legendary items. Girls and avatars are ehxaustible, items are not. With champions now you have a similar split - girls, decorations and orbs.

Event pachinko functions on a static 22.5% chance of getting a girl, the rest is split between avatars and items. When you get all the avatars the girls' % chance doesn't increase, only the items one, so you still have just 22.5%. For champions the equivalent to avatars is decorations. They just previously didn't have a third category of reward that could be obtained multiple times. So as you were able to get all the decorations, they couldn't say to you "Hey you beat the champion, but you don't get a reward, because %" could they ? Well now they don't have to, because they have orbs to do that for them and with this they have made champions identical in behavior to pachinko. You have shown no factual proof that percentages increase as you rack up champion wins, whereas there's ample indication to the contrary.

Edited by LanceHardwood