• Alana
    • Pilot Ankyo
    • Plavala
    • Crystal
    • Festival Titania
    • Sabine
    • Festival Toshiko

21 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

I don't think so. There's been good and bad changes, and whatever changes as well. Since I've started in mid-2019, the game has improved a lot overall, except on a few specific aspects. The negative developments I'm referring to are relatively recent, except for the league blockage, which has been an obvious and increasing issue for a long time, but is only now reaching critical mass as other changes made koban management more difficult. It can and might still improve in the near future, and it'll also get less problematic as I adapt to the new pace and schedule (the upcoming reset time change will probably play a key role in that for most of us European players). I'm just a bit concerned and frustrated right now, because they probably changed too many things too fast, with some unfortunate combinations in the process.

I'm obviously more pessimist than you on this, so I suppose that once more we will have to agree on the fact that we don't agree. :)

15 hours ago, Karyia said:

Not all. The orbs, for example.

My bad, I forgot about the orbs, although that I think it can be said that, apart the "commonly obtainable" orbs (that at least for now are only of three specific types, one of which very hard to obtain), that is a feature designed to make players spend real money, rather than kobans: in fact, many bundles/offers that came out after the orbs feature introduction include "non commonly obtainable" orbs.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Observer_X said:

For sure if the number of girls keep increasing while the time at disposal does not, IMHO the "reasonable" amount of effort should progressively decrease.

Quoting the most relevant part for my reply; I did read all of it.

I think we're going to have to agree to disagree on this point. My personal opinion is that the 'reasonable amount of effort' per girl should stay the same, or only decrease marginally. Which means the newer the player is, the harder/longer it will be for them to reach completion as the number of girls constantly increases. Moving goalposts, as it were. 

But I'm going to make a quick comparison here to demonstrate a point.

My main account on Nutaku has been played for about 2.5 years, over which time it has acquired 381 girls. This is with a gold (once they were introduced) card, occasional bundle purchases and high level league winnings. And if you don't mind me tooting my own horn, I play rather efficiently there.

The alt account on hh.com has been (actively) played for about 6 months in total, and that's being generous. I've only really focused on it for the last 3 months. With a silver card, no bundles, and piddling league winnings. It has 111 girls, around 70 of which have been in the last 3 months.

The amount of effort required to gain girls has decreased substantially over the years, though it may not be immediately noticeable.

And now I need to slap myself for being so off-topic. 

Rather cheap Orgy Days for me, as I took the effort to clear out Magical Girls last year because I really wanted Cori (slightly kicking myself for that decision now, but oh well), and apparently I also did some damage to the Pachinko on one of the other old events. Just Bella on the boss and 3 girls to collect from Pachinko, 2 old and 1 new. Completion draws ever closer!

• Haha 1

I'm sorry for the late response.

On 5/16/2020 at 9:07 PM, DvDivXXX said:

Ironically, you answered me with something closer to a wall of text than the couple of paragraphs I was directly addressing at you in my previous post. ^^ I definitely appreciate the detailed explanation of your own perspective, though, and yeah, we're not talking about the same things (although there's some overlap) and we also have different tastes and interests, which is perfectly fine, but also means we can't really debate on this subject.

I don't really agree with a number of your points about things you care about when evaluating the art in this game, but there wouldn't be much point in elaborating too much on that. Let's just say that I think some of your criteria are definitely more subjective than the ones I use, and that you also seem to dismiss a major criterion for me, which is consistency with the game's visual identity (you have no problem with Bella looking like she came right off of an actual Japanese game for instance, whereas the core visual style of this game is unarguably much closer to a mixture of classic US and European comics with some manga influence; and it's been like that from Day One).

It's a bit similar about the themes, what you described doesn't quite match what the game is or has ever been going for in my opinion. We've had excessive dildo usage and bukkake shots from the very beginning, alongside more sensual, erotic pieces as well. If anything, as Zorba mentioned many times recently, bukkake shots at the very least have been less frequent over the past few months, so the trend you see must be a result of you not being familiar enough with a lot of girls from previous years rather than actually showing an evolution in the game itself. And, very simply put, it's not that this game is, as you put it "no longer" a hentai game; it's never been a mere hentai game in the usual sense. If it were, I would 100% not be here, because those themes, aesthetics and visual styles are just not my cup of tea, at all. I've been drawn to this game (hehe) first and foremost because I loved the art style and how much it stood out from its typical competitors (aka typical hentai games, with a drawing style directly in line with stereotypical Japanese manga and anime, and with all the typically Japanese themes like pants-u and tentacles-u and whathaveyou-u). To each their own, but I'm honestly just as concerned with the game turning into a generic dime-a-dozen hentai game visually than I am about the current art team's actual drawing skills.

Agree to disagree and move on. Many thanks for the exchange, which I feel was constructive and interesting overall.

Well, it's easy to write walls of text on the subject that's really interesting to you. And as we both love this game it's easy to both of us to get carried away.

In my post I was talking specifically about the "theme". And you're right this game has been different from the start and that's why we love it. But then you started talking about "style". I'm not an artist or an art critic, so I don't know specific terms and can't point out the mistakes. All I can say is  "This looks strange" and "I feel something's wrong here". For me the art for the past half an year was exactly that - quite often something was off about it. In most cases more advanced in art members of the forum pointed out that the mistakes were made in anatomy. Like the arms and legs drawn in a wrong way or the body and limbs twisted at unnatural angles. So for me, it's better if it's drawn in more japanese manga-style, but without those mistakes, than in traditional "hentai heroes" style, but with mistakes that get me a feeling that something is wrong. That's basically it. And as for "theme" - it's more about variety.

• Like 1