• Anniversary Selena
    • Date Arianne
    • Anniversary Abrael
    • Anniversary Lenaelle
    • Christmas Arcana
    • Anniversary Shina
    • (None)

11 hours ago, Observer_X said:

That depends on the challenge you are searching. When I started playing HH, I were able to obtain nearly every villain event girl with only free combativity, with the occasional girl "escaping", and that suited me perfectly. Since the attraction system introduction, my list of partials has never ceased to increase. Although there are other reasons that keep me playing the game, my opinion is that with all due proportions, the main difference between paying players (the only ones that are able to obtain all girls) and free players should be simply one: time. I know that this game is not like this and I don't care a bit if people around here doesn't agree with me. Point is, the main objective of the game is getting all the possible girls (even the devs initially on their site confirmed this by mangling the slogan of the Pokemon series: gonna fuck 'em all): if a free player has to wait three years to be able to obtain a legendary girl and you simply define that a challenge, forgive me guys, but I will never agree with you. Moreover, it is well known that the game doesn't give enough free resources (in particular kobans) to allow free players to be effective at every event, and the number of event days every month has done nothing else than increase with the age of the game. I suppose you guys will define this "increased challenge", and again, I will never agree with you on this. As a 3+ years player, I consider all these implementations nothing else than devs gimmicks to push free players to ditch the game or become paying players, a thing that certainly would not make me give the team good advertising around the Net.

Yeah, it's heavily depends on the challenges you are seeking. Like a challenge of playing without spending kobans.
I agree that the pace increased heavily without any window for respite and the number of the girls per event increased. But the quality of these new girls is so low that not everyone would want them in their harem. And they also give enough free resources to sometimes pursue the girls you want. Maybe it's a more of a once in a month opportunity, but free kobans and introduction of orbs gives you exactly that. With free kobans you can finish the girls which would probably never return to the bosses again. And those kobans spent on combativity also turns into x1 epic orbs, which could be used in Epic Pachinko during events to try and get those girls that you really want. And to be successful in that you have to clear girls from the EpicPachinko pool when the opportunity arises. And if that's not an option - there's always a MythicPachinko which guarantees a girl for 7920 kobans if all the appropriate conditions are met or if you are lucky with your saved orbs. There's also EventPachinko, but that's a "Pachinko That Should Not Be Named". And I think it should be obvious that free-to-play games are not design in such way that a free player can get everything - player can get enough and that's it. Well, free player can probably get everything, but that will require a proper strategy and dedication for years if not decades . So, all in all, it's not as bad as you described and some would even call it a pretty good deal for free players. I think it's decent.

13 hours ago, Bomba said:

And I think it should be obvious that free-to-play games are not design in such way that a free player can get everything - player can get enough and that's it. Well, free player can probably get everything, but that will require a proper strategy and dedication for years if not decades . So, all in all, it's not as bad as you described and some would even call it a pretty good deal for free players. I think it's decent

I suppose the key in this case is what one deems as "enough". And that, obviously, is purely personal. My personal "enough" actually (regarding the matter at hand) would mean avoid to have an ever-increasing list of partials (despite my non-koban policy). People are absolutely free to disagree, but as I see it, it doesn't seem to me that I'm asking the moon on a silver plate: after all, as I said, when I started playing three years ago the situation was almost like that.

I realize that we are going off topic here, and moreover risk to run in circles, so I suggest we stop and leave this thread to his original topic. Once more, my apologies to fellow players for the diversion (sometimes I come to think that going off topic is a sort of personal curse).

Just for the record on this topic - the overall topic of the Anniversary mind you -  (and I know I'm in the minority on this one) - But I don't actual mind Shina's design from the new artist too much (as opposed to Heatwave Zena, which I was NOT a fan of!).

With that being said, I do think the design of Justine which  went along with Shina is a little off.  Justine doesn't have that signature crazy look that we've all come to love! (or hate, depending on your preference).

On 8/20/2020 at 8:42 PM, Herby said:

Just for the record on this topic - the overall topic of the Anniversary mind you -  (and I know I'm in the minority on this one) - But I don't actual mind Shina's design from the new artist too much (as opposed to Heatwave Zena, which I was NOT a fan of!).

With that being said, I do think the design of Justine which  went along with Shina is a little off.  Justine doesn't have that signature crazy look that we've all come to love! (or hate, depending on your preference).

I got to admit.  I'm liking Justine's new 'not so crazy' look and the salute to Harlequin from The Batman series.

• Like 1