• Nemah
    • Anniversary Selena
    • Date Arianne
    • Anniversary Abrael
    • Anniversary Lenaelle
    • Christmas Arcana
    • Anniversary Shina
    • (None)

So the trend continues. Shorter event with what seems like lower than usual drop rates. I've been lucky enough to get 2 girls by now and 85 shards of another. But looking at it, realistically I probably would have had 1 and ~20-30 shards if I hadn't gotten an instant 100 shard drop.

46 minuti fa, LanceHardwood ha scritto:

So the trend continues. Shorter event with what seems like lower than usual drop rates. I've been lucky enough to get 2 girls by now and 85 shards of another. But looking at it, realistically I probably would have had 1 and ~20-30 shards if I hadn't gotten an instant 100 shard drop.

Exactly what is making you say the "what seems like lower than usual drop rates" thing? In this very thread we have reports of lower than average drop rates, more or less on average drop rates, and higher than average drop rates (with your report falling in this last category, assuming you only did your free fights: even excluding the lucky x100, you'd be at 185 total shards, while the average one should get with free fights at the end of the sixth day should be 150 total shards), so I'm really missing your point here

19 minutes ago, Antimon said:

Exactly what is making you say the "what seems like lower than usual drop rates" thing? In this very thread we have reports of lower than average drop rates, more or less on average drop rates, and higher than average drop rates (with your report falling in this last category, assuming you only did your free fights: even excluding the lucky x100, you'd be at 185 total shards, while the average one should get with free fights at the end of the sixth day should be 150 total shards), so I'm really missing your point here

What's making me say that is that usually the first event each month I can get all the girls without spending a single koban on combativity. This event I've spent over a thousand being nowhere near to getting half the girls, discounting that 100 shard luck I had.

Edited by LanceHardwood

13 minutes ago, LanceHardwood said:

What's making me say that is that usually the first event each month I can get all the girls without spending a single koban on combativity. This event I've spent over a thousand being nowhere near to getting half the girls, discounting that 100 shard luck I had.

I do not understand, surely this is the event with no issues for you? You stated that it would be as such a little over a week ago

On 7/26/2020 at 5:28 AM, LanceHardwood said:

Next event is standard 14 day with generous drop rates. No point of saving combativity for it.

You then event clarified you always finish early, so you should be totally fine with a few days being shaved off right?

On 7/26/2020 at 7:32 AM, LanceHardwood said:

Still, I get all girls from classic events a couple of days before the end, so that point stands.

Certainly was interesting to see how your statements still contain their absolutely certainly after flipflopping completely.

But anyway, drop rate seems right on average. Some people above, some people below. That seems to be in line with how averages work. I'm about halfway on the third girl after having brought in all the PoA combativity.

11 minutes ago, GeorgeMTO said:

I do not understand, surely this is the event with no issues for you? You stated that it would be as such a little over a week ago

Surely you're not purposefully ignoring the fact that this event isn't like other start-of-month events ? Which is the whole point of my comment.

1 minute ago, LanceHardwood said:

Surely you're not purposefully ignoring the fact that this event isn't like other start-of-month events ? Which is the whole point of my comment.

Of course not, we've known that this event wasn't going to be like the other start-of-month events since I believe the 13th of July, give or take a day depending on when the Calendar actually got up. Thus I'm commenting on your comments in light of this fact.

5 minutes ago, GeorgeMTO said:

Of course not, we've known that this event wasn't going to be like the other start-of-month events since I believe the 13th of July, give or take a day depending on when the Calendar actually got up. Thus I'm commenting on your comments in light of this fact.

Well pardon me for not having clairvoyant powers or access to your infinite well of knowledge. What was clear to me was the event would be shorter, and if there were no other changes compared to previous such events I would still not have had to spend a single koban.

Edited by LanceHardwood

10 minutes ago, LanceHardwood said:

Well pardon me for not having clairvoyant powers or access to your infinite well of knowledge. What was clear to me was the event would be shorter, and if there were no other changes compared to previous such events I would still not have had to spend a single koban.

And even then, I do think the drop rates might be different for non-event girls, as this event seems like a mesh of ED and a regular event, as I'm trying to get Ria and I havent managed to get over 60 shards now....

2 ore fa, LanceHardwood ha scritto:

How much over a thousand? Consider that 1000 kobans are worth ~4,6 refills of combativity, 92 combativity points, which during main events translate to an average of 46 total shards. If we take again your 186 total shards (we continue in non considering your lucky x100) and we subtract the average amount of 46 shards from 1000 kobans worth refills, it becomes a 140 total shards, an amount that is perfectly in line with the average outcome expected during main events, even still a little better than average, if we consider that when you wrote your post only 3 hours have passed since the start of the sixth day of the event.

Drop rate + shard range during main events allows you to complete 3 event girls in 12 days, most of the times with only the free combativity points you get during event days.
If the event lasts 3 day less, you shouldn't expect to get all three of them for sure with only the free fights you get during the event time. You should expect even less to be able to get more than three event girls for free in the same time frame.

Edited by Antimon

41 minutes ago, Antimon said:

You should expect even less to be able to get more than three event girls for free in the same time frame.

No, no, you've got this all backwards. Kinkoid offering up 6 permanent pachinko girls on trolls additionally here as part of the Anniversary = BAD, because impossible to get for free. Not GOOD because possible to get for less than 5400 kobans or anything.

It's a hard life to be a player who expects to get everything for free and then gets offered more than "free" can accommodate. That, like, requires people to make decisions.

Edited by _shal_
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Antimon said:

How much over a thousand? Consider that 1000 kobans are worth ~4,6 refills of combativity, 92 combativity points, which during main events translate to an average of 46 total shards. If we take again your 186 total shards (we continue in non considering your lucky x100) and we subtract the average amount of 46 shards from 1000 kobans worth refills, it becomes a 140 total shards, an amount that is perfectly in line with the average outcome expected during main events, even still a little better than average, if we consider that when you wrote your post only 3 hours have passed since the start of the sixth day of the event.

Drop rate + shard range during main events allows you to complete 3 event girls in 12 days, most of the times with only the free combativity points you get during event days.
If the event lasts 3 day less, you shouldn't expect to get all three of them for sure with only the free fights you get during the event time. You should expect even less to be able to get more than three event girls for free in the same time frame.

Honestly I calculated roughly 200 kobans per refil, but it's around 7-8 refills. I also forgot to mention that I had saved combativity from PoA anyway, since I didn't have an immediate use for it at the time, and we've also received some bonuses in recent days which I spent. Also in the interest of honesty I didn't get the girl immediately, I think I had about 30 shards before that.
However, my experience during normal events, with 4 girls to be farmed from champions villains is that I'm done at least a couple of days before the end of the event. This would be 400 shards total by that time, giving a rough estimate of ~200 shards 5 days in, without refills.

23 minutes ago, _shal_ said:

It's a hard life to be a player who expects to get everything for free and then gets offered more than "free" can accommodate. That, like, requires people to make decisions.

I expect being Kinkoid's mouthpiece isn't much easier either. Not sure how you manage.

Edited by LanceHardwood
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, LanceHardwood said:

I expect being Kinkoid's mouthpiece isn't much easier either. Not sure how you manage.

No, not being an entitled doofus with delusions of grandeur is coming quite easily to me, actually. But thanks for the concern, I appreciate it.

Speaking of which:

4 minutes ago, LanceHardwood said:

However, my experience during normal events, with 4 girls to be farmed from champions is that I'm done at least a couple of days before the end of the event.

As you were asked recently:

On 7/25/2020 at 11:56 PM, Darsca said:

Are you actually playing this game?

• Thinking 1

But thanks for nitpicking, your attention to detail is admirable, especially when it's perfectly obvious what I meant.

You mean this, right?

20 minutes ago, LanceHardwood said:

This would be 400 shards total by that time, giving a rough estimate of ~200 shards 5 days in, without refills.

300, 400, who's counting.

Pop quiz! Which forum user recently criticized Path of Attraction for requiring all-or-nothing koban spending, as opposed to offering up girls on an individual basis for players to pick and choose at their leisure for lower koban costs, like the current event does?

Here we don't have the option to pay less and get only the one girl we want, it's all or nothing. This type of rigid reward is quite punishing when compared to other events.

13 minutes ago, _shal_ said:

Pop quiz! Which forum user recently criticized Path of Attraction for requiring all-or-nothing koban spending, as opposed to offering up girls on an individual basis for players to pick and choose at their leisure for lower koban costs, like the current event does?

If you'd bother to pull your head out of a certain dark location - PoA is scheduled in place of Epic/Orgy days whatever low drop rate villain farm event, while the current one takes place during the timeframe of a Standard event, or whatever the community calls them. I'm comparing each to the event they replace, not as convenient to Kinkoid.

Edited by LanceHardwood

It would be factual if you were arguing something other than semantics.

Hey, I'm not the reason you're incapable of making any statement about the game that isn't at least half-wrong, I'm merely highlighting it. 

BTW, it's still wrong even after your attempted fix. Well done! It's actually quite amazing how convinced you are of your own brilliance despite all the self-produced evidence to the contrary. Well, you're good entertainment, if nothing else.

• Like 1

Tbh all I see is 2 dipshits arguing over something no one understands, not even the 2 of them 🤣

Edit: After whining about drop rates and buying a single refill, I went from like 55 to 94 shards on Ria, turns out whining on the forum actually works! I need to keep whining, why did I ever stop!? :D 

Edited by Čamuga
  • Haha 3

1 ora fa, LanceHardwood ha scritto:

However, my experience during normal events, with 4 girls to be farmed from champions is that I'm done at least a couple of days before the end of the event. This would be 400 shards total by that time, giving a rough estimate of ~200 shards 5 days in, without refills.

During normal main events there are 3 girls availble through villain fights (the fourth free one is from event missions,no fights needed ), and the average number of fights to get one event girl (aka 100 shards) during events of this format is 200, 4 days of free combativity. 

300 shards in 10 days are 150 in five, which is definitely possible to get (It's not that far from main events average, that for 5 days corresponds to 125 shards). This said, If you always managed to complete the main events under ten days limit without spending a single koban in refills, well, I'm glad to inform you that until now RNGod looked at you with his benevolent eye, and all I have to say about it is that I'm happy for you. 

Now for a next time, I suggest you to keep track of the exact number of fights you take and the exact number of shard drops you get, even just for a couple of months, and I'm saying this mainly for yourself. Our brain is easily deceived without precise data to rely on. If you come from such a good streak of main events, finally having one that seems  much more on average (at most a little under average) must feel painful. 

• Like 1