Patch Notes Week #33

Noacc

I am in the unhappy group.

I managed to get the girl last LC on day 3 but it was not fun. I had to choose between paying way more than non-NA time zone players and still risking getting nothing or losing 3 hours sleep per contest. I choose the latter and ended up down 9 hours over 3 days. I can not afford that for a game.

I will look at the girl and the contests this time but I expect to sit this event out for only the 3rd time in 3 1/2 years of play. It is actually kind of impressive that KK has designed a event so unfair/unpleasant I am taking a pass.

And before people pop up and say it is easy to win LC contests just be aware things vary wildly. The 400+ bracket is a very different place.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, mikcris said:

got the girl in the second day in the last LC event ... and after that I just did not focused on the contests. 

I got her in the first day using like 2000 kobans becouse the event requires too much attention, how can i say it: you can't really make plans, and even if you do what makes you sure that you are not gonna get destroyed the last 3 seconds? Is always a big risk i think. You might say: well get the girl in pieces along the days; but that's might be a problem too becouse the other players are gonna panic to not be able to get her and things are gonna become crazy, and to keep up you are gonna use more, spend more, and stress a bit more too. That's what i don't like about this. Also is the same for me after getting the girl i let everything go, not needed to focus on contests with orbs :) the crazy part is that i saw big numbers for these contest too. I mean don't get me wrong is good that people use their cash on the game, but with this LC you can be using a lot of resources and have nothing in the end, a shopper doesn't care about that a free player is screwed :). Plus now i'm lvl 400 i don't even want to start thinking on how much hard will be my new bracket.

Edited by Xemnas
  • Like 3

The way this contest is designed is just sucky. I really dont mind going against other players when the rewards at stake are kobans, money, items. When the reward are girls? Nah, my own effort alone by time and resources i spend should determine if i get the girl or not. You can try to plan ahead, leave a pretty good margin from you to the players below, but if by any chance you cant check the game on the last minutes before the reset (im pretty much fucked because the reset is during work hours and after lunch break), there is a really high chance you will drop places. Ive had instances were i was 1 or top 4 a couple of hours before the reset only to see that i dropped to 8/9 when it ended. If they still want a legendary contest they should just combined it with legendary days. Girl drops from a villain while the contest gives orbs. That way if players just want the girl they can try to get her by the usual normal means, if they want to take that extra effort and gamble a bit they are rewarded with red, yellow or even blue (or purple, dont even remember which color are the event ones).

Edited by AnuzDestroyah
  • Like 7

On 8/13/2020 at 5:28 PM, Тёмный Властелин said:

So, they rebalanced legendary contests too. Do you, guys, have screenshots of the other contests or is it the first one to appear?

Yeah, does anyone have screens of the other contests and is willing to share? I'm not regularly active on the test server, so unfortunately I cannot see for myself ...

On 8/12/2020 at 11:07 AM, GeorgeMTO said:

What feedback are you referring to? Their survey indicates more positive than negatives. Sounds like a perfectly fine event to iterate on to me to become even better.

Even in this survey we can see, that 1/3 of active players, that even take part in this survey, didn't get a girl. We still don't know anything about other chances to get this girl later (Mythic pachinko only?).

I would say it indicate more negatives, even if 2/3 of participants got the girl.

Just now, Adelaid said:

Even in this survey we can see, that 1/3 of active players, that even take part in this survey, didn't get a girl. We still don't know anything about other chances to get this girl later (Mythic pachinko only?).

I would say it indicate more negatives, even if 2/3 of participants got the girl.

Just because they took the survey doesn't make them active. Just because they didn't take the survey doesn't mean they're inactive. But if you'd like to be more specific, look at the 2nd last question. Significantly more people picking 4&5 (positive impressions of the event) than 1&2 (with 3 of course being a neutral response). Hell more people picked 5 than 1&2 combined. That means of the feedback they got from the event, more people liked it than disliked it.

• Like 1

• Noacc unfeatured and unpinned this topic