September: a 5-events month

test_anon

What do you thing of this 5-events month ?  

159 members have voted

1. 1. What do you thing of this 5-events month ?

• Too much events
    • It's okay

8 hours ago, Pelinor said:

IMHO the number of events per month should be four. Why?

1. Kinkoid's art department cannot keep up with the demand; hell, they can't even keep the girl's scaled sizes correct when compared to what they did in the past.

2. Players like to have a sense of accomplishment when playing and I am seeing way to many complaining about the stress they are under while attempting to compete and accomplish something in the game. Kinkoid should realize by now that being able to do something is not the same as having fun doing it.

3. Fewer events means more players might decide to spend money for the fun of the game instead of rebelling by ceasing to spend money or leaving the game.

1. Only 1 girl difference seeing as LC is the newest event type. Oh noooo.

2. I would call that a mismatch between what is achievable and what is wanted.

3. Any proof for that? Most people are all bark and no bite. Look at Camuga for example. Still here.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chthugha said:

3. Any proof for that? Most people are all bark and no bite. Look at Camuga for example. Still here.

Why must you hurt me liek dis ;-; 

Sad Cat GIF - Sad Cat GIFs
I mean, I'm still here and complaining on the forum because I believe that someone somewhere at KK will look at the criticism and consider it and change their game/behaviour at least a bit... that doesnt mean that I'll believe in this for long though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

First a couple things about the poll creation itself, as it's something I'm rather particular about, and this poll could be improved a few ways. I realize it's meant to be a simple poll.

1. I understand that English may not be your first language, but it helps to not have any spelling or grammar errors in your poll questions or answers. The word "thing" should be "think", and some people will just look at that and immediately judge you. Also the word "much" should be "many", but that's a more minor issue, as at least the meanings are very similar.

2. Generally, you want polls to have both positive and negative responses allowed, or a range of outcomes to reflect positivity and negativity.  The latter is often achieved through a numeric rating scale. As others have pointed out you have a negative answer: "Too much events" and a seemingly neutral answer: "It's okay". The use of the word okay is probably not a good choice here.

For my reaction, I feel that a 5 event month is fine. However, it definitely depends on the length of the events and month, exactly what events they are, and the number of free days. 

I don't like there only being 1 event-free day in a month, and I'm not sure exactly what we're going to see as events.  It's possible that I will hate the implementation of this 5 event month, but have liked other 5 event months.

il y a 31 minutes, Zteev a dit :

For my reaction, I feel that a 5 event month is fine. However, it definitely depends on the length of the events and month, exactly what events they are, and the number of free days. 

I don't like there only being 1 event-free day in a month, and I'm not sure exactly what we're going to see as events.  It's possible that I will hate the implementation of this 5 event month, but have liked other 5 event months.

Yeah I focused this poll on the number of events. In the FR forum, I was more broad, and thus we have 87% of negative answers.

It was meant to be a quick simple poll, not something far fetch. And yeah sorry for the "thing", I must have been not fully awake when I wrote this.

I see that the common "it is okay" argument, is that we are not bound to do all events. I think too many (?) respondent confuse getting all girls for all events, and simply following the rhythm of the new added girls.

It is advised to not do all events, this is what we are already doing by not doing ED/LD events. The issue is that PoA/LC are quite a must do, as they are exclusives girls, and for the PoA, quite interesting rewards. However, that left us not much kobans for the other events, at the very least for the OD. And if we do not want to fall behind, we still need to get some girls outside the PoA.

Even for only one event, the PoA, it would be very difficult to get the 7.2k of kobans each month on the first month of D3...

13 hours ago, AnuzDestroyah said:

Jaysus, another month with back to back events. If the reason for this new format is to make players who are waiting for the new story have something to do, just add some non limited time content. Some sort of repeatable levels to spend energy or something like that with no over the top rewards.

So champions?

• Haha 8

The poll's phrasing isn't great, and a bit misleading, as others have mentioned (that's just due to test's English, though). It should have said "Too many event" and perhaps the second choice should have been "5 events a month instead of 4? Sweet!" or something along these lines (with "it's okay" being the neutral choice if there were 3 options). Anyways, we get what he meant. Vote for the first one if you think the schedule is too fast-paced with this new set-up, and vote for the second one if you don't.

My biggest problem with this new schedule is with the monthly "classic" event, unless they increase the drop range again. We already got ripped off a bit when we went from 12 days to collect 2 girls with a 1-6 drop range to 12 days to collect 3 girls with a 2-8 drop range. Sure, they increased it and it was especially nice that they made low rolls less painful, but overall it still changed from "I almost never ever need to spend kobans for this" to "I almost always need to shell out 1-2k in kobans to wrap this up". Now, they reduced the duration by a whole 25%. It doesn't look like they've done anything to improve the drop range, and we still have 3 girls to collect. So this is going from bad to worse.

Other than that, I'll survive. 1.5 new 5-star legendary girl per month seems like an insane average, and the lack of "off" days in between events, along with at least two very expensive event every single month seem pretty greedy and unfriendly to F2P players. But at the same time, it's possible to adapt and remain effective by cutting some events in your to-do list and some girls in your must-have list, and adjusting your strategy. The only two other options are to start spending (more) real money monthly, or to burn down your koban reserve in a month or two, be unable to replenish it, and quit the game.

Overall, this doesn't seem to foreshadow a very bright future for the game. Again, unless they change or add other things to make this more manageable (increase the damn drop range for the "classic" event ASAP, for starters).

• Like 7

4 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

We already got ripped off a bit when we went from 12 days to collect 2 girls with a 1-6 drop range to 12 days to collect 3 girls with a 2-8 drop range. ... Now, they reduced the duration by a whole 25%. It doesn't look like they've done anything to improve the drop range, and we still have 3 girls to collect.

I wouldn't call it a "rip-off", if you maybe look at it this way: before you had 12 days for 2 girls and it was possible to get both girls in these 12 days without any refills.

Nowadays with the higher drop range it's still possible to get 2 of the 3 available girls in the course of the 9 days! But there is now a 3rd girl available and if you want to get her as well and are not extremely lucky, like maybe getting a 100-shard early on one of the girls, you have to pay for some refills to get her as well. But still you don't get less than before and that in an even shorter time span.

Just wanted to point this out, but that doesn't mean that I think that it's good that way!

I also think that ideally the event should be designed in such a way, that a F2P player should be able to get all (3) available villain girls with the usual amount of free combats. So either increase the duration or the drop range. For the paying players who want more out of the event there are still the Pachinko girls. And of course with orbs and a bit of luck, even the F2P player has a chance to get some of these as well.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, test_anon said:

You are disconnected from the non-D3 TOP4 users reality.

Prioritizing is not enough to follow the rhythm. Ymen are not an issue.

With time, we will not earn more kobans, we will loose them (transition to D3, less win in contests).

This is NOT an issue of having a lot of girls available, just keeping with the game rhythm. On the contrary having less girls (e.g. in the OD) will make the new ones more expensives (e.g. in ED/LD).

Time is not enough, 3€/month is not enough.

Yup... and when there is too many player in the division. You need to spend koban since the free refill within 7 days is insufficient, especially if it was over 100+ player in 1 division within that week. Let's not forget to add that you need boost to compete. But let's face it, people tend to ignore that.

Even the reward isn't reasonable in first place. I can compete well for 1st spot at D2, but I struggle against top 20th at D3. Just think about the massive koban gap. 2 weeks of being top 20 at D3 still reward lesser than being at 1st place or 2-4th at D2.

If you miss a few shard and hope you can earn it thru MP, still a hell of luck when MP occasionally only include girl you already owned.

9 hours ago, Chthugha said:

1. Only 1 girl difference seeing as LC is the newest event type. Oh noooo.

2. I would call that a mismatch between what is achievable and what is wanted.

1. I am somewhat puzzled by this statement because I have never seen an event where there was only one girl available.

2. Agreed

3. Direct proof? No, but I did invite five players to leave my club for non-participation and inactivity today. These were players who were very active in the past, so I feel the perceived expectation of playing in every event may have been a contributing factor to their sudden drop in game-related activity.

The game is becoming less and less enjoyable as far as I'm concerned.

Nowadays you need to go through a lot of trash to find the good stuff. The production value is getting lower and lower. I would pretty much prefer 1 event per month with 6 quality girls over an avalanche of stuff with only a little I care about.

Badly drawn girls, unbalanced gameplay, stressful tasks that require a lot of effort to complete and the list goes on and on.

One of the things I used to like about the game besides the good artwork is its simplicity. I used to be able to login 2-3 times a day to perform a few tasks and not be penalized. Now that's no longer an option. The game became a slog and I come back to it not to have fun but because the game is making me do this otherwise I will loose xyz.

Like in real life, excess does spoil value. The rare and precious becomes mundane because it's now everywhere. Events are no longer events because we now have events every day. Even Legendary girls are loosing their value. One guy in my club said the other day that they had more legendary girls than epic which are more than the rare ones which are more than normal. Ridiculous and this is only one aspect of what is going wrong here.

Designing a game requires finesse and balance. You need to find the right pacing and mixture to make it look and feel right.

What has been done of late is unhealthy and exploitative and I'm really sad to see the game come to this.

Anyway, don't mind this old sad fool rambling.

Edited by linkdream
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Pelinor said:

1. I am somewhat puzzled by this statement because I have never seen an event where there was only one girl available.

You've never seen the Legendary Contest? A thing that's been run twice now? An event where you've commented in the discussion threads multiple times?

• Thinking 1

5 minutes ago, GeorgeMTO said:

You've never seen the Legendary Contest? A thing that's been run twice now? An event where you've commented in the discussion threads multiple times?

The Legendary Contest is an event?  Without the "umph factor" of other events I view it as simply a drawn out "daily contest" with a slightly better prize attachment.

1 minute ago, Pelinor said:

The Legendary Contest is an event? Without the "umph factor" of other events I view it as simply a drawn out "daily contest" with a slightly better prize attachment.

Oh okay. @test_anon, Pelinor's vote is invalid because he thinks there's only 4 events this month. I figure that should also be added as a poll option.

• Haha 7

5 minutes ago, GeorgeMTO said:

Oh okay. @test_anon, Pelinor's vote is invalid because he thinks there's only 4 events this month. I figure that should also be added as a poll option.

You got me on that one🤣 The point remains that five multiple-day events/contests without a break are causing players at levels below 350 to stress out while attempting to compete. The result is a diminishment in the fun factor, and this is a significant cause for over half of the complaints on the games' development direction.

• Like 2

Just save your kobans up for 5 star girls that you want of your class or ones you like a lot.

It's impossible to collect every harem member in the game because you cannot get them all because patreon girls exist and some of the patreon girls are only allowed for 1 person to have making it impossible to get them all.

so just go for the ones that you want and stop trying to get them all.

• Like 1

I wouldn't say the problem is the 5 events, per se.

If the 5th event was another sort of OD, I'm pretty sure the "newer" players (like myself) would be pretty happy :D 

The "big" thing (not problem since it's what it is) is turning LC and PoA (I'm just assuming that... I would say after the anniversary a "new year" starts and it seems these two are here to stay) into monthly regulars. I consider these two pretty much non-core (though the core seems to be shifting) events since they just aren't like the "other" events (combativity-oriented gameplay).

I've completed all of them thus far but they're just very demanding and time consuming, which (sometimes) leads to frustration and not much fun. Sure, there's always the option to skip them but that will only make the game less appealing (to me, anyway). I already skip some as I see fit but it's not a good sign, when you're just "not-playing" the game. As it goes, I'm sure I'm never going to catch up with the top players, so what's left? Have some fun and get girls, I suppose. Having (around) a sixth of the time (5 days of OD over a 30 day month) frame with one "more favorable" event to get girls is underwhelming, when you consider you spend double that time (LC and PoA) "wasting" resources to get "half" (sure, it depends on how much you go after them on OD) the girls (and most of the time, less appealing).

I'm, obviously, just very skeptical about this being the right/best way to go, especially in the long term. 

Having said that, they do have to try to shake things up and these two (LC and PoA) sure turn on the competitive "juices" (sometimes ridiculously so but that's even better for them anyway :D ).

• Like 5

I think there're some misconceptions among the top players here. GeorgeMTO, _shal_, Chthugha, you all have similar opinions and you all are sitting on the pedestal of the top players. The level that is unreachable by any player that started playing more than a year after the start of the game. So, let me clarify one thing, your playstyle is unique. Only few other players can achieve it because of the player's level difference. No matter how much you boost, pay or anything - there's no XP catch-up mechanic in this game after a certain level. So here's the situation that all other players are facing in League: You do not fight for the top4 of D3 - you fight for the 16-30 of D2, cause that's the position that gives you maximum koban income per week and that's exactly 1380 kobans a week. Why is that so? Because there're players of unreachable levels that occupy the top positions of D3 and hop around D1 and D2 for the top1 or top4 positions there, so there's no other place to go. That's the situation that Sir Fuck-a-Lot's in, I'm in and numerous other players. It's simple math and optimizing for every other player in the game beside the top level players. And a lot of people already did that math and let me tell you - it's quite hard to stay in that range, cause the difference between 16th and 30th position could be as low as 30 points. You go any higher and you end up in D3 and don't get neither XP or kobans for a week, so everyone's grabbing the maximum points below that threshold, while trying to maximize the only other thing - XP income. On few occasions I wasn't able to play at the last one or two hours before the reset and dropped from 16th to 30+ position, because some player at the 15th position decided at the last moment to get few more points and everyone immediately grabbed them. That's how fierce the competition is. So, around 20-30 players in each bracket of D2 compete for exactly those specific 15 spots. And that's how it is right now and with time more players will realise the most effective route and that number will jump even higher.

So those're the numbers that you should look at, when you try to say, that optimizing will get you somewhere. It only gets you that far and there's no way to get any farther. I'm in the same situation as Sir Fuck-a-Lot. Met him in the brackets a few times. The math checks out - that's the maximum what any normal effective player can get a month. It's plus or minus 1000 kobans depending on the amount of won contests and the amount of refills needed due to the luck. But that's it. That's the maximum of optimizing.
(to remind you, he said that 2 girls in 9-day classic event, plus 3 girls in orgy days, plus 2 legendary girls from LD and LC and the bonus rewards from PoA all could be obtained as free-to-play ) ((4x(1380(League)+3*24(ToF))+(30*150)(missions)=10308 kobans in a month. Plus missions during Classic Event and Orgy Days and plus wins in contests and plus higher positions in ToF(for those who wasn't banned from there due to some unexplained reasons(info about this at the end)) - together it can go up to 14-15k kobans, but that's it)

I'm also troubled by the amount of events and some of my reasons were already said, so I will try to be as short as possible. So, first - there's too many events and I'm talking specifically about pacing - 2 events each week without any room for a respite? That's crazy. Second, all of those events promote koban spendings even more with now classic event being added into that mix because of the reduced amount of days. Classic event: less days without an increase in shard drop rate or shard drop range means that we now need to spend 1600 kobans more on it(math was on the 2nd page of event discussion). Orgy Days: even if you're effective and played for a long time you will still have 1 new girl to grab and at least one more girl, which was a pachinko only before. An average of 650 kobans(3 refills) to get them. Epic Days, Legendary Contests and PoA - I don't think I need to tell you how much they cost and they take up half of the month. Third, art quality, obviously. Again, if you're Kinkoid and you're adding that much of events where you expect people to pay, how about you will actually add that something for what you want players to pay? Art has improved, I don't question that. But it improved from the abominations. It still has a road ahead until it reach the level of art that we had previously. And they still butcher old girls with these new takes on them (Shina, Sylvia, Dameda and more!). And fourth, which for some reason hasn't been mentioned yet. What was the point of implementing the shard system if it's now ignored? All new events ignore it. PoA gives either 100 shards or nothing. Legendary Contests give 25, 50 or 100, which is ignored after the event without any way to get the remaining shards (yet). Same could'be been said about other girls, who never returned, but after a year from the implementation of shard system they created a Mythic Pachinko. But the thing is, it's a very unreliable way to get the remaining shards with this amount of girls in the game. It seems like they are working in that direction from what I gleaned from test server news, so let's see where this is going.

And to summarize, I don't like the increase in pace and I don't like that they increase the koban spendings while the art quality is still not on par. I understand that this could be temporary - with both art and solutions that they need to implement to fix already existing problems, but still, for now the situation isn't looking good.

--

P.S.: For those who are curious about being banned from ToF for unexpected reason - I was referring to this topic. It's still unclear to me what exactly has happened. But there's a chance that they could ban for using something simple, like AdBlock, mouse, etc.

• Like 10

2 hours ago, Bomba said:

I think there're some misconceptions among the top players here. GeorgeMTO, _shal_, Chthugha, you all have similar opinions and you all are sitting on the pedestal of the top players. (snip)

Not sure why you bundled me into this, given that I've not posted any opinion about this "new normal" 5-event monthly schedule at all...

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bomba said:

I think there're some misconceptions among the top players here. GeorgeMTO, _shal_, Chthugha, you all have similar opinions and you all are sitting on the pedestal of the top players. The level that is unreachable by any player that started playing more than a year after the start of the game. So, let me clarify one thing, your playstyle is unique. Only few other players can achieve it because of the player's level difference. No matter how much you boost, pay or anything - there's no XP catch-up mechanic in this game after a certain level.

No, I think there's a misconception about what my thoughts are. I know you can't reach this point. I don't expect you to reach the tier of rewards I'm in. I simply don't care. There being more content than someone can afford with all of their f2p kobans has always been the case in the game. There's numerous complaints in this thread that they can't afford everything, but that's been the case the entire time I've been playing the game except until recently with the d3 league rewards beginning to pile up (something I spoke against existing when Leagues were first put into testing and several times since, but oh well), not that I'm actually aware of any f2p players who've got everything yet, although they certainly do have a lot. I've never said "just wait until you can get d3 wins". I've always said "okay, pick and choose what you want to go after then". There's always been lots of pachinko only girls I wanted, back when revivals weren't a thing, back when the only kobans you could get were from event missions and contests (please note the absence of kobans from doing all your daily missions). What I did was I had to hoard them all up, and hope that I'd get lucky enough to get them from the pachinko when they came around (dodging around the boss girls too, ugh). You can do the same now as I did then. You can't have everything, but you do have more resources now so if you focus on the specific one you want, you're more likely to achieve it.

Yes I understand that you won't be able to participate in everything, but well most people accept that they can't get all the pachinko only girls in Classic/Orgy days, yet a lot of these same people think they should be able to afford the locked rewards in PoA. In my mind, they're the same thing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GeorgeMTO said:

understand that you won't be able to participate in everything

That is my point. As a f2p player i understand that i cannot pretend to get everything, i just want to have the possibility to get 1 girl (you know just something to make me happy at the end of the event) out of 6 (or sometimes more) in an event.

For example now i'm wondreing if is better to not get 1 girl (as i always did with "some" kobans) in the epic days that (probably) are gonna happen. Becouse if i do i don't know if i will be able to try for a legendary contest were the girl is one of 5 star (and probably as her predecessor a godly drawn and famous one).

Making me think: "oh i better to not partecipate here becouse the next one might be what i want more" sucks a bit; and honestly having just "a part" of a girl is not a good feeling either.

I think that the main problem is that we f2p want to just be able to have something at the end of an event to....uhm... how can i say it.....not feel "useless" our efforts ( i still remeber when i started, seeing a lot of girls passing by and that was very sad, and now that i'm a "veteran" i don't wanna begin again that torture XD)

On the bright side i've seen a thing on the test server annoucements (no i don't have an account there) that maybe (and is a big maybe XD) can fix our broken hearts on this "you have to skip an event to survive" part XD

• Like 2

In my opinion the game is heading in bad direction. There are plenty of offers you are getting teased with already as a f2p player and they just keep piling up.

As someone before already mentioned (sorry, im too lazy to find the message and quote it), events are no longer special

if-everyone-is-special-no-one-is.jpg

Before this rampant event spam you were at least able to get non pachinko girls reliably, but now you have to even decide which villain girls to get as you won't simply have enough kobans to cover all events in a month. The shard drop range should increase to reflect the event pace.

And sure, you can say that "We can't have everything". Doesn't change the fact that people are going to be unhappy if you start teasing them even more with rewards they can't get. The game keeps abusing FOMO more and more for short-term gain, so we will see in the future what effect it has on playerbase.

Thanks, @Bomba, for the accurate and very detailed assessment of the situation you, me and a lot of other players find ourselves in!

That being said I must admit that I'm kind of content with what I have achieved in the game so far as a F2P player and the situation I'm in right now. That might as well change in the future, when - like you described - more and more players push into this bracket of ours and it wil get harder and harder to maintain your status quo.

But as I have described in my earlier post, with what I am currently earning on a weekly/montly basis, I am able to afford certainly not all, but most of the girls available in the events and I just have to calculate if I can afford another specific girl or if I better let her be, hoping that maybe I get another chance in the future to obtain her.

On the topic of number and type of the monthly events, I have to say that I agree with what has been said about the competitive nature of LC and PoA and I can understand if they are too time consuming and stressful for some. I as well felt a bit stressed on some days during these last events. But on the other hand during Classic events like right now, I sometimes even feel a bit bored, because there isn't that much to do (depending on the daily contest). So like they say: to each their own, yes? I at least like that now there are different kinds of events!

And what I still very much like about LC is that Kobans are in many ways the restricting factor for F2P players and they determine how many girls you can afford in Classic events, OD, ED/LD and especially PoA. And in the LC you can utilize all your other ressources like in the daily contests to obtain the shards and it is possible to get the girl without even spending Kobans or at least only a minimal amount. I did that twice now! But of course this may depend on the brackets you find yourself in! But my point is: I wouldn't have enough Kobans for another event that would require me to spend Kobans to get girls, so the LC for me is a welcome change and addition.

And regarding the free days between events: I feel like I don't really need those anymore, cause they feel even more boring than the Classic events. 😉 Earlier you needed these to actually find time to farm some villains that maybe wouldn't be part of the events where there are girls on villains that often. But nowadays you can do that during the events which don't feature girls on villains like LC and PoA and on the other hand I find that almost all villains are now featured regularly in the other events.

@Lemus wrote in an earlier post about a player type he called "nerd", a F2P player who doesn't invest money in the game, but instead (a lot of) time! I guess I fall into that category! But I also understand all of you that don't have that much time and only want to play the game more casually and thus feel overwhelmed by the recent amount of events.

Last on the topic of "catching up": like Bomba desribed it, it's nearly impossible for players like us, that started playing more than a year after the start of the game, to catch up with the older players, may it be content-wise or XP/Level-wise or whatever. That's not fine, but it is what it is. I accept that and try to make the best of my individual situation. 

• Like 5