Booster's build

ewerer

Never combine ginseng and chlorella, they never go well together. You can combine them with cordyceps. The rest depends on your build, who you're fighting against and what you are trying to achieve (it's not the same trying to win your league than trying to place between 16 and 30 in D2).

• Like 1

On 1/14/2021 at 2:42 AM, Kenrae said:

Never combine ginseng and chlorella, they never go well together. You can combine them with cordyceps. The rest depends on your build, who you're fighting against and what you are trying to achieve (it's not the same trying to win your league than trying to place between 16 and 30 in D2).

I know this is probably covered in another thread (something I admittedly need to research more) but when you say "never go well together", all the boosters give positive stats right?  There's no boosters that actually lower values of other attributes?

For (fake) example, having more endurance doesn't lower harmony (or impact harmony in a negative way). //switch "endurance" and "harmony" with any attributes to continue examples

That's how I read "never go well together" so I thought I'd make sure.

He did ask for the best combination so probably me overanalyzing :)

Edited by jpanda
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, jpanda said:

I know this is probably covered in another thread (something I admittedly need to research more) but when you say "never go well together", all the boosters give positive stats right?  There's no boosters that actually lower values of other attributes?

For (fake) example, having more endurance doesn't lower harmony (or impact harmony in a negative way). //switch "endurance" and "harmony" with any attributes to continue examples

That's how I read "never go well together" so I thought I'd make sure.

He did ask for the best combination so probably me overanalyzing :)

You're overanalyzing, yes :D 
What I mean is that ginseng work well with rainbow equipment and chlorella work well with monostat, so they don't sinergize well. It's better to have 4 ginseng or 4 chlorellas than a combination of both. Of course they always give positive stats.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Can't comment really, since battling system is probably my greatest weakness in this game, even after all these years. I'll use the opportunity though, to ask if there's a detailed tutorial about fighting. No matter how hard I try, I cannot seem to be able to find one.

On a side note, do boosters also take effect when doing Champions battles? Sometimes I have a feeling I'm earning more money when boosted.. and sometimes I don't.

2 hours ago, Chthugha said:

I completely disagree. Chlorella is simply worse than ginseng root in every single way. Cordyceps and ginseng root are the ones you are looking for.

What I've said doesn't negate what you've said. Besides, you're talking from the point of view of a high level player who wants to maximize his points in D3 no matter what, not everybody looks for that. If you want to end between 16-30 in D2 chlorella is very useful (or so I've been told, I'm not an expert there).

Edited by Kenrae
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lunik said:

Can't comment really, since battling system is probably my greatest weakness in this game, even after all these years. I'll use the opportunity though, to ask if there's a detailed tutorial about fighting. No matter how hard I try, I cannot seem to be able to find one.

On a side note, do boosters also take effect when doing Champions battles? Sometimes I have a feeling I'm earning more money when boosted.. and sometimes I don't.

Yes, boosters take effect against Champions too.
As for a detailed tutorial, I've never seen one. The best advice I can give to you is installing the HH+ script if you don't have it and taking a look at what it says in the League page. Start by checking the numbers of the battle simulation against a single player using every combination of rainbow and monostat equipment you can have (from 6 rainbow to 6 monostat) and learn from what the script is telling you.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Chthugha said:

I completely disagree. Chlorella is simply worse than ginseng root in every single way. Cordyceps and ginseng root are the ones you are looking for.

Agreed. But I think the point was, if you insist on using chlorellas, at least do it with only those or with cordys and not with ginseng. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DHarry said:

Agreed. But I think the point was, if you insist on using chlorellas, at least do it with only those or with cordys and not with ginseng. 

The way I read it, he said ginseng was better with rainbow equips and chlorella with monos. I should've quoted that section in my first post, but it's so annoying on phones. Anyway, I'd say ginseng is still better with monos than chlorella.

15 hours ago, Kenrae said:

What I mean is that ginseng work well with rainbow equipment and chlorella work well with monostat, so they don't sinergize well.

Furthermore, 4 chlorellas is worse than any combination with fewer chlorellas, so I still don't agree with the last sentence as well.

I do agree that they can be useful when you are trying to gain fewer points in leagues.

6 hours ago, Chthugha said:

The way I read it, he said ginseng was better with rainbow equips and chlorella with monos. I should've quoted that section in my first post, but it's so annoying on phones. Anyway, I'd say ginseng is still better with monos than chlorella.

Furthermore, 4 chlorellas is worse than any combination with fewer chlorellas, so I still don't agree with the last sentence as well.

I do agree that they can be useful when you are trying to gain fewer points in leagues.

Chlorella go better with monos than with ranbow. Ginseng go better with rainbow than with monos. That's without comparing them with each other. Apart from that, if you're just trying to maximize points ginseng are better than chlorellas hands down (but chlorellas are not THAT bad, they're not jujubes).
We don't know what resources the OP has in terms of boosters and equipment, neither his level. Not everybody can afford not using chlorellas, so if you're going to use them it's better that you don't mix them. It's better to use 4 chlorellas one day and 4 ginseng the next day than using 2+2 the two days.

11 hours ago, Eman said:

Judging by the comments here, the only booster that everybody agrees with is jujubes: nobody uses it. 🤣

Well, unfortunately (or luckily?) that's not true; there are people who use them. What we can agree though, that they are the worst. 

• Like 1

On 1/15/2021 at 11:45 AM, Chthugha said:

^^ Seconded.  The best combination for me as KH lv403 is 2 cordyceps and 2 ginseng roots.  Sometimes 3 cordyceps can be better but usually its 2-2 instead of 3-1.  How I see it is cordyceps for attack, ginseng roots for defense with some attack, chlorella for the guy who boasts the loudest yet gets knocked down by a stiff breeze, and beans for the jokers who roll for a nat20.

• Like 2

On 1/16/2021 at 3:38 PM, Eman said:

Judging by the comments here, the only booster that everybody agrees with is jujubes: nobody uses it. 🤣

I like Jujubes. Eating some right now - the candy, not the fruit.

https://www.oldtimecandy.com/products/jujubes-theater-box

In game, they are better than nothing. I use them when I need to boost a little bit, but I am rarely boosted.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

hace 2 horas, Zteev dijo:

I like Jujubes. Eating some right now - the candy, not the fruit.

https://www.oldtimecandy.com/products/jujubes-theater-box

In game, they are better than nothing. I use them when I need to boost a little bit, but I am rarely boosted.

Yeah, the problem with jujubes, at least in my opinion, is that they don't guarantee anything. With the rest you actually get a visible improvement, but jujubes only offer an increased chance of critical, nothing sure. And I'm certain we all have faced someone in the league or Arena/Season that had lower or much lower Harmony and yet still scored a critical or two.

26 minutes ago, Eman said:

Yeah, the problem with jujubes, at least in my opinion, is that they don't guarantee anything. With the rest you actually get a visible improvement, but jujubes only offer an increased chance of critical, nothing sure. And I'm certain we all have faced someone in the league or Arena/Season that had lower or much lower Harmony and yet still scored a critical or two.

Two criticals on the defensive side? I'm sure you've never faced anyone who has done that :P 

• Haha 1