Club Champions

Fenix25

My club is kinda dead at this point, 16 of us in the range of 270-380. We weren't able to beat the champion at all so I was pretty hopeful when I had read on here that after failing 10 days in a row it would get easier...until around the 8th or 9th day one of our members dumped a ton of kobans to power through and complete it.

So after that no one in my club (including me) participates anymore

• Sad 6

This reminds me the design talk about use of health potions and boss hp level balance in ARPGs.

In short, devs have to use larger hp amounts for bosses when players have access to health potions. It allows players to stay in the fight longer, so to make things difficult devs increase boss attack and hp.

In our case, club is one character and all participating memebers throw health pots (use tickets) to keep them fighting long enough to take down the boss.

Devs made a few assumptions about how we, the players, would participate in Club Champion activity and balanced on the safe side.

Hopefully balancing pass will be made to make it more fun.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Zamio said:

Did the cooldown start before 0.01 CET? If yes, that could be the reason it's still showing Chad?

Actually, no. After but still showing Chad.

Either it will rotate when the cooldown ends or we're stuck with the same Champ (if it's a random rotation, I guess it can happen).

Edit: Just to avoid the double post. @Zamio, we ended the cooldown and Ezekiel (CH Champ) came up, so it went all good 👍

Edited by Karyia
Edit
  • Like 1
  • Thinking 1

We have a full (40/40) club. Levels 246 to 408. Very good communciations. We have never lost a Champ battle we started--sometimes we skip if the opponent pose is present in 2 or more of the 5.

It is rare that we don't have at least 30 players participating; more players = more shards even if those who already have the girl only fight once.

At the beginning we had a secret donor who used to restart the battle immediately. We found out that the lower level players could not keep up with the ticket demand so we (mostly) left in the 24 hr rest time.

Note, it is possible to set up a club Discord for easier, more in depth planning than you can do in the chat.

If you can't get the girl because your club sucks, just find a new club. Sucking is the job of your harem, not your club members.

Edited by DocJD

Yeah I noticed the drop off of participation this last couple weeks with my club. I want to say we only beat the boss like 3 or 4 times over the last 2 weeks if I'm remembering correctly. Hopefully the devs look into scaling of the champion because if it's based heavily on the highest level and heaviest hitting players, the lower ranked guys are just wasting resources and getting nothing in return.

• Like 3

When I last checked, I was in the 1-60 range or something like that. Not the first time as well. I'm not even sure I ever saw double-digit shard numbers. RNG seems way too often favor the player all over the place. Not. 

But hey, it's just a game, and it only adds to the "I no longer give a damn" pile I am slowly building.

Shards.jpg

• Thinking 1
  • Sad 6

On 2/28/2021 at 12:20 AM, Methos2 said:

I am wondering how other clubs are handling the club champions. With mine, some of us has already gotten the girl but we are still willing to help others with large number of challenges. However, the participation has dropped off significantly compared to a week ago. Timers expired without shard drop for the last few rounds. Do other clubs have a better solution so the helpers do not help in vain?

We've managed to have enough participation that none have had timers elapse, even at the end of the month. It did help that some of us had somewhat unlucky drops, and needed until the last few iterations to get the girl, but we do also have a strong club, with people who are willing to hit to help others. That's really the key.

I expect some shakeout of people switching clubs, looking for a better one with this feature.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, misericordia said:

another shit, where who figt dont take almost nothing

98 fights from 147,  276 M  impression from 328 M ..... and only 44 shards

+better dont fight

It is my understanding that the number of shards available depends on the number of players who contributed at least one fight. Our club almost has always >30. How many people were fighting in your example? Maybe there were only 60 shards available and you got 44 of them. There is no reason to believe 100 shards will always be given out. Could be more than 100 with many fighters, could be less than 100 with fewer fighters.

19 hours ago, misericordia said:

another shit, where who figt dont take almost nothing

98 fights from 147,  276 M  impression from 328 M ..... and only 44 shards

+better dont fight

Be happy you didn't only get 1. Better don't put all your effort in one champion battle but participate equally in each one. You'll have good and bad RNG and then get the girl together with everyone else in the club. 

If nobody else joins, then find a better club. 

Edited by DHarry
autocorrect correct
  • Like 2

I'd really love it if the bottom limit of the potential shards on champion defeat were a little bitter. It is really awful that the floor is always 1 shard. My recent experience was a range of 1 to 200+ and I got 3 shards. I guess its a good lesson learned not to bulk spend tickets and contribute a ton and save my kobans. But I was really hoping that there would be some kind of actual reward for participating so heavily in the boss and pushing the percentage so much.

21 hours ago, shadowrunner317 said:

What the devs need to do to encourage more participation from heavy hitters is better rewards. As someone who gets the girl early on, the prospect of wasting tickets to get one purple level affection item is a waste of tickets and kobans.

I agree with this. Its great to help out other members of the club but the rewards for a person who already got all the shards are a bit lacking.

I'd say you exactly want to discourage 1 member to put in that much.
So I'd say you should be able to increase the minimum amount of the shard range, which should increase when more members have participated, and should decrease when one member is an anti-social twat. Of course it can't be more than the max amount, so you have to take that into account as well.

So, I'll define 4 numbers.
a = your max amount of shards - 2 (currently 3 is the lowest maximum amount of shards, in which case a = 1). So this number increases the more damage you've done.
b = the amount of club members who participated.
c = floor(100% / the percentage of the member who did the most damage).
d = floor(average of b and c). So d increases if more members participate in the fight, but decreases if one member does too much damage.

Now what I'd like to see is the minimum amount of shards you can get to be:
minimum(a, d).

This means that if you do not participate a whole lot, you minimum is determined by a, and it will be your max range - 2. This means that it's immediately rewarding to do a bit more damage, because you can get your minimum to 2, or maybe even 3.
This also means that for the heavy hitters, the lower bound is determined by d, which decreases the more damage you do as heavy hitter, but increases again if you give others the chance to also get a hit in.

Now for example, if 1 member does 100% of the damage, b and c are both 1, so d is 1, and therefore the minimum of the range is 1 --> antisocial twat is punished for being antisocial.
Now if we have 40 members participating and they all have between 1% and 10% damage done, then c = 10, b = 40, which means the average is 25. For the people at the top end, this means they get a minimum of 25 shards, and at some point the max amount is below 27, and then the minimum range slowly decreases.

Now with respect to the rewards for those who already have the girl:
This definitely has to change. No idea how you can do this in a fair way though.
It shouldn't be farmable, but it shouldn't be as bad as it is now.

Edited by Chthugha
  • Like 6

I believe that everything would be resolved if the boss loses a certain amount of impression instead a full reset.

I mean why i feel bad if i have a range of 1-60 and i drop only 1 shard ? Probably because i had to use 500 kobans to do a big amount of impression to end it (and help my "weak" club members to get something) before the total reset.

Also why feels bad to win only 1 affection item ? Simply because a flower is not worth the 500 kobans usage before it resets.

The total reset part is wrong and unnecessary imo, simply because who can afford it can beat the boss 100 times in a month with kobans. Who can't, could fight a boss for a month and beat him 2 times with a "soft reset" of his impression.

If i have to fight him for let's say a week before he dies and i get 2 shard, well yes is not good but what have i lost ? Some ticket that can be found and my kobans are not "wasted", honestly i would be happy for that.

(and i said that because guess what i'm the usual lucky boy: 640 kobans - 150, maybe more, tickets - range of 1/60 - 2 shards at the end of the boss XD)

Edited by Xemnas
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, Chthugha said:

Now with respect to the rewards for those who already have the girl:
This definitely has to change. No idea how you can do this in a fair way though.
It shouldn't be farmable, but it shouldn't be as bad as it is now.

I think it needs to scale based on others success (not the helpers) otherwise it'll always be farmable.

For example: number of green affection items equal to the number of shards the rest of the club gets.

I think it might be a new concept in the game but I wonder if a choice of rewards between book/affection/booster/orbs might also entice helpers (e.g. full affection, but needs girl xp).

Make it free for those who already have the girl to spend multiple tickets at a time. So as more and more players get the girl they are still willing to help.

For high level players, tickets are are plentiful, you can get more than 20 of them every day with just PoPs. I have no issues spending those excess tickets (I don't even care abt the cash tbh) to help close fights when needed. It's just that since it cost kobans, most players, including myself, won't do it.

• Like 5

Le 08/03/2021 à 20:21, Xemnas a dit :

I believe that everything would be resolved if the boss loses a certain amount of impression instead a full reset.

I mean why i feel bad if i have a range of 1-60 and i drop only 1 shard ? Probably because i had to use 500 kobans to do a big amount of impression to end it (and help my "weak" club members to get something) before the total reset.

Also why feels bad to win only 1 affection item ? Simply because a flower is not worth the 500 kobans usage before it resets.

The total reset part is wrong and unnecessary imo, simply because who can afford it can beat the boss 100 times in a month with kobans. Who can't, could fight a boss for a month and beat him 2 times with a "soft reset" of his impression.

If i have to fight him for let's say a week before he dies and i get 2 shard, well yes is not good but what have i lost ? Some ticket that can be found and my kobans are not "wasted", honestly i would be happy for that.

(and i said that because guess what i'm the usual lucky boy: 640 kobans - 150, maybe more, tickets - range of 1/60 - 2 shards at the end of the boss XD)

the same thing, this event its sucks, 150 fights, 10:18 members fight 78 percent of impression and i have 2 shards. Its a realy shit

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, misericordia said:

the same thing, this event its sucks, 150 fights, 10:18 members fight 78 percent of impression and i have 2 shards. Its a realy shit

If your club only has 18 members it is too small to compete. Number of shards given out goes up as more members fight, even just one time. Our club does well but we have 30 to 35 members join in on each battle. Those who already have the girl do one token fight (unless help is needed to finish) which does wonders for the others who need shards. Even players who don't think they can get the girl still do a few fights because they know, as they level up, they will have a better shot at it the next month. When you're at low level, you can go up at least 1 level per day. Members who don't contribute for two weeks are let go.

See if you can take all your members who fight consistantly and join up with another small club to reach critical mass (or get more members yourself from clubs in similar circumstances). There is a thread in the forum of clubs recruiting members.

• Like 1

On 3/9/2021 at 3:21 AM, Xemnas said:

Boss shouldn't loss impression at first place. This keep small, new or average club livelier and have equal opportunity to grab shard and the girl without the need of heavy hitter. 

Impression should be kept even after champion is rotate, but when the champion return; it would cost the club either in koban or ticket in order to continue where it left off. If club leader decided not to waste koban or ticket to continue where the impression is left, then the champion impression would either:

1) Lost 10% impression.

2) Nothing happen.

3) Lost all impression.

Number of shard also affected by how quick it was complete, with min shard for completion at 5 instead of the bs 1.

Edited by Valgo
  • Like 1

image.png.f9f8fb61e43f930b306467844796624f.pngExtreme overkill by my part, I must admit (the range was from 1 to 236 shards, did almost 250 battles, with some 150M impression). Spent aprox 1400 kobans (hentaiheroes). All things considered, seems cheaper than to get a girl on legendary days.

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

9 hours ago, GuiBelt said:

image.png.f9f8fb61e43f930b306467844796624f.pngExtreme overkill by my part, I must admit (the range was from 1 to 236 shards, did almost 250 battles, with some 150M impression). Spent aprox 1400 kobans (hentaiheroes). All things considered, seems cheaper than to get a girl on legendary days.

I love the logic of giving overkill amount of shard to 1 player.

Hey look, there is 32 participants.....

Best I can do is give 24 shard to the rest of 31 participants. 🤣😂

I love the idea of their... cough cough... teamwork..

Edited by Valgo

Does anyone know which factors affect how the Club Champion's level is calculated?

Or even the formula which is used for the calculation?

In the test server our club has 40 members, but the Champion's level is only 153 currently.

In the main server we have 1 less member, but the Champion's level is 230 for some reason.