New Mythic Books and Gift Increases Price of EXP/Affection + Decreases Market Slots for Cash Items

Fiel

Quoting from the Announcement section.

Looks like something will happen, the developers have opted to limit the slots for mythic items. And a few other improvements in the future.

Dear players,

In the last few days, we received a lot of feedback on our latest release: Mythic Items.

Thank you for your feedback/suggestions. We are planning to implement changes that limit the slots Mythic Items take up in the market. They will be released on Test next week and then on prod.

In the past 6 months, we have released a lot of new features that give numerous rewards for participation which greatly increased the availability of resources in the game.
As mentioned, in the near future, Mythic Items will be also obtainable as rewards from various in-game activities as well!

In addition, a lot of different features (such as PvP rework) are under development that will further improve the reward system in the game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

I find the problem interesting that some objects turn into mystical objects, here is an example:

picture:1 you cannot buy the legendary item here.

SharedScreenshot12.jpg.009ee92caa3d2c2708710ba0a2f96891.jpg

picture:2 after closing the shop and calling it up again, the item has become mystical.

SharedScreenshot11.jpg.847e252253922108d5c91a4527a4177a.jpg

• Like 6

While I observed with a lvl126 account the first appearence of a legendary book (or gift?) - I still am surprised as a lvl203 account to see the mixture of green, yellow, violet and red books...

I really hope the announced limit is smaller then "4"

image.png.90b8eb215ec5a9d4b52655e22efae8b6.png

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, windia said:

I really hope the announced limit is smaller then "4"

I suspect it will be difficult for developers to balance this particular solution no matter what this number is.

• People who are interested in paying Koban for Mythical items will be less happy with the limited slots
  • People who only pay Yemen will still feel downgraded compared to 2 weeks ago.
  • Like 5

Yes @Fiel you are probably right. The only thing that can "save" this at this point (in my opinion), since they won't give more space and it seems that these (high) prices will remain, is how many mithyc items will be distributed as rewards.

Probably the pvp rework will be done in a way that will give us some of them.

Side note: for the pvp rework i must say i have mixed feelings of curiosity, happiness and a huge fear 😂😂

• Haha 5

Are the mythic items limited on who you can give them to? I bought an Encyclopedia (30,000 XP) to give to a level one epic, but it wouldn't let me give it. And I couldn't give it to anyone else in my harem. Is there something I'm missing or is this a bug?

I also really wish the mythic items would be in their own market to not take away from the normal items. It's slowed down my progress, which is why I bothered to buy a mythic item in the first place.

4 hours ago, Fiel said:

Looks like something will happen, the developers have opted to limit the slots for mythic items.

Unless the limit is zero items, this is still a downgrade.  Market refreshes are still a worse deal than they were before this ...feature.  And it seems like this is being crammed down our throats.  Can't put the mythic crap in its own tab, nooo.  What would be the point of rolling something out if it didn't further diminish already diminishing returns?  I look forward to all the great things they have planned for us.  Almost as much as I look forward to cleaning all the bathrooms in Grand Central Station with my tongue, because every enhancement to the game in recent memory has enhanced our ability to get and to do less unless we pay or pay more.  Pleased to hear that they listened to the community.  We were (for once) united in our disdain for something they did.  They listened, selectively, and are leaving it in place.  If I struggle as a paying player, next month should be a treat as I go F2P.  Once the koban hoard is gone, so am I.

• Like 7

All in all I'm least surprised that the pricing is very inconsistent - I just do not expect it to start with. There was a discussion when they announced to reduce the EPx1 orbs in temporary PoPs. Jelom did a straigh forward calculation over his thumb and it fit very well into his gainings.

Later the day I asked myself - why is it impossible to make this calculation before hand on their own? I mean, they observed how things went along with "drop or no drop" on girls and invented the shard system to narrow the "get her or not" gap. And the solution is very cool. 

Then again: introducing the champions and giving two legendary equipments at stage 0-4 - and cut it down later to 1 - of course with rumbling in the audience.

Not because it is unfair to get one - because it was unfair that the early bird got 2 and the second mouse gets only 1...

• Like 1

Il y a 2 heures, Fiel a dit :

People who are interested in paying Koban for Mythical items will be less happy with the limited slots

Not sure at all because a market refresh is more interesting than paying for mythical items. The fewer the mythical slots there are, the more interesting the refresh.

• Like 2
  • Thinking 2

A bit offtopic here commenting previous posts:

The number of players benefiting regularly from Top 4 in D3 are for sure over 200, add to that some more hundreds for top 4 in D2 (that you cannot repeat every week).

Moreover, you don't have to get all new girls the first time they appear, they will come back again the next year in the orgy days, or in mythic pachinko or anniversary days in July. If you are a low or medium level player (up to level 350), plan for the long term, and meanwhile get as many of the girls as you can. That was my strategy in the game for the first two years, where I had to let pass many girls, and now I have most of them.

The new announcement of limiting the slots of mythic items is a step to reduce the problem caused by mythic items in non mythic ones. I would consider 2 or better just 1 slot just for mythic items a good solution. They would still appear for the people that wanted them, but don't interfere so much with the legendaries. And when they star to appear as rewards in other parts of the game (it could be in PoA, PoP, Seasons, or champions) hence not costing kobans, then the new items could be a good addition

10 minutes ago, jelom said:

The new announcement of limiting the slots of mythic items is a step to reduce the problem caused by mythic items in non mythic ones. I would consider 2 or better just 1 slot just for mythic items a good solution. They would still appear for the people that wanted them, but don't interfere so much with the legendaries. And when they star to appear as rewards in other parts of the game (it could be in PoA, PoP, Seasons, or champions) hence not costing kobans, then the new items could be a good addition

It's better than the current situation, but it's worse than the previous one. And it doesn't address the fact that it's more intelligent to user your kobans doing a refresh than buying a book or affection item, except for the top book if you're a high level player (and then you won't need that many). They seem to have decided the costs and XP/Aff throwing dice.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Tom208 said:

If they removed the epic books and gifts passed a certain level in addition with the limited slots for mythic items, we could come back to a similar situation compared to before.

True, but that would make too much sense, I don't think they'll do it :P .

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, SoggyShorts said:

because every enhancement to the game in recent memory has enhanced our ability to get and to do less unless we pay or pay more

I recommend you visit a doctor, as it appears you have memory issues. Temporary PoPs (and non-temporary ones), daily rewards and dating tokens all enhanced our ability to get more with no downsides. Some features have added more for paying players yes, but many things have added for f2p as well.

• Like 5

I see this as a admission that the devs will not fix the market system. We will continue to see market related item moved to the gift and rewards system based on RNG. The mythic items will be tweaked only to the point where players accept it as tolerable and further reduce the fun aspects in the game. Seriously, there was a unanimous disagreement and disapproval for the new mythic items in every respect, but all we are getting is a "limitation" on how much of the horribly  designed items we see? Nothing towards balance or fun market use? Nothing towards restoring the game balance destroyed by the whole mythic concept implementation?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

49 minutes ago, Pelinor said:

Seriously, there was a unanimous disagreement and disapproval for the new mythic items in every respect,

There was not. It was very few people who made positive comments publicly, which was quickly drowned out, but there are players who were happy to spend excessive amounts of kobans to reduce how much clicking they needed to do. Many people are happy the items exist, just dislike the implementation in the market, so not every respect was disapproved of.

You also need to remember that players who visit the forum and discord represent only a minority of the playerbase. Feedback can be sent via Facebook, twitter, Instagram as well as support tickets. Just because this small minority appears to have a unanimous opinion, doesn't mean the game has one. There might also be people who'd prefer not to comment that they like them due to a fear of getting called stupid when so many other people visibly dislike them.

8 minutes ago, GeorgeMTO said:

There was not. It was very few people who made positive comments publicly, which was quickly drowned out, but there are players who were happy to spend excessive amounts of kobans to reduce how much clicking they needed to do. Many people are happy the items exist, just dislike the implementation in the market, so not every respect was disapproved of.

You also need to remember that players who visit the forum and discord represent only a minority of the playerbase. Feedback can be sent via Facebook, twitter, Instagram as well as support tickets. Just because this small minority appears to have a unanimous opinion, doesn't mean the game has one. There might also be people who'd prefer not to comment that they like them due to a fear of getting called stupid when so many other people visibly dislike them.

I agree there's a difference between people being upset with the Mythic items themselves and being upset with their implementation within the market.  However I would guess that if changes were made so that mythic items didn't take up normal market slots, you'd hear very little if any complaints about the implementation aspect.  Not exactly unanimous approval but still something that most could get behind or at least be ok with.

• Like 1

@GeorgeMTO I play in a high level Club and Nobody, I repeat Nobody, was happy with the slots reduction.
I also feel offended by this marketing system that treats us as if we were idiots.
Should we beat up our customers? Well for 10 days let's give them 3 lashes a day then let's apologize and announce that from today we will only give them one lash a day so they will be happy and accept it ...

Edited by Miccia
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Miccia said:

I play in a high level Club and Nobody, I repeat Nobody, was happy with the slots reduction

Your club of 40 people max represents an even smaller minority than the forum does. I also think this implementation in the market was awful, but I have seen people who've said they were happy with them.

I'm not saying you have to like it, but making blanket statements like that just make people more upset about (lack of) changes. We have to remember that we're not every opinion Kinkoid gets.

the only thing that bothers me about the mystical objects are the prices.

I don't mind if they are in the market or something or if the items themselves are actually very great, the only problem is how they are offered and how much they cost.

I would appreciate that the mythical items are offered as rewards in guild raids as normal rewards.

as mentioned earlier, the problem people face is that they cost Koban mythical items.

Who is not better an exchange action or function an image where coupons can be exchanged for mirrors. The mystical items high in play money give city coupons, which would probably be a good solution to this problem.

or you just think the prices of the current mystical objects so that, for example, a book that costs 360 may then only cost 36 kabans.

16 hours ago, GeorgeMTO said:

I recommend you visit a doctor, as it appears you have memory issues. Temporary PoPs (and non-temporary ones), daily rewards and dating tokens all enhanced our ability to get more with no downsides.

Okay, that's fair.  Delivered in your generally curmudgeonly fashion, but fair.  That was all-or-nothing thinking on my part.

However, do you actually believe what you're saying about the players who dislike this feature being in the minority?  Or are you wearing the Moderator hat when you say this?  It strikes me as somewhat disingenuous.  Not because I disagree with your assertion, or not solely because I disagree, but because I cannot find evidence in ANY of the places I can see, this forum, my own club, of even a minority, at any level and anywhere on the continuum of F2P to P2W, being happy with this.  Is the silent, happy majority on Discord?  How's your own XP item stash looking?  You've frequently weighed in with the opinion that the developers do not correctly value XP items.  Is this implementation (the manner of it, in the Market, for kobans rather than ymen) a move toward making that better?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, SoggyShorts said:

However, do you actually believe what you're saying about the players who dislike this feature being in the minority?

No, I believe you've missed my point. The entire forum is a minority. Just because everyone here is seemingly of similar opinion doesn't mean that EVERY opinion is that way. If they're getting feedback in some way that indicates people are happy with this, they can't simply undo it instantly because that would displease those players too, so they have to figure out the balance. Just because the forum says Kinkoid needs to fix something in a certain way, doesn't mean that's the best option.