Dating Tokens?

fap.titans.gra

I think your refusal to read the patch notes, and thinking the most appropriate thing to do instead of looking around for existing topics about the issue, is creating your own thread is also unfair to the rest of the forum. You can go read the explanation in the patch notes, that's all the information Kinkoid has provided on the topic.

well, I was caught as well off-guard by the temporarily (?) disabeling as I don't read patch notes regularily - also, patch notes should be not used as announcement channel of future important (!!!) changes for normal players - It should have been messaged in-game by the many possibilities there.

Edited by feeef
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, feeef said:

well, I was caught as well off-guard by the temporarily (?) disabeling as I don't read patch notes regularily - also, patch notes should be not used as announcement channel of future important (!!!) changes for normal players - It should have been messaged in-game by the many possibilities there.

Look at the link above.

9 hours ago, MrXY said:

As already mentioned, the discussion can be found in the Patch Notes Topic

You see, it's Kinkoid. Communication isn't their strength. But they're improving. Like for example, in this case they actually announced the removal of dating tokens nearly a whole month in advance. Not the usual week. The whole month. And more than that, links to those patch notes were actually in the in game news. Who knows, maybe one day such important news will be announced in the game news or even have an in-game notifications. For now, we work with what we get. And we get patch notes. For being up to date with what they're doing it is recommended to read them.

On another note "temporarily disabled" in case of dating tokens is a bit vague. Don't expect that they will actually return.

And yeah, other players have said a lot about it in the past - the removal of dating tokens is viewed as a bad thing by community for the most part. So if you're concerned about that - it was said and pretty loudly.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, feeef said:

They messaged about it in game at least 3 times. That's what the news ticker in your left corner is for. As much as I dislike the removal of DT, claiming it wasnt made clear is just completely untrue.

And we've talked about it a ton in the forum. Half the meme contest is about it.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, GeorgeMTO said:

This sounds like the source of all your problems. I would recommend working on fixing this, and you'll not have these problems in the future.

Well, I'm in the technical domain myself - a patch note is not an announcement channel for future changes for the end-users.

• Like 1
  • Surprised :O 1

13 minutes ago, Gotaku said:

They messaged about it in game at least 3 times. That's what the news ticker in your left corner is for. As much as I dislike the removal of DT, claiming it wasnt made clear is just completely untrue.

And we've talked about it a ton in the forum. Half the meme contest is about it.

well, If it was announced there but I missed it, then it was at least partly my fault. But I guess many players missed it - in fact a temporary removal could be the best method to grab attention of all players and then activate it a last time for 1-2 days, when all players have noticed.

Edited by feeef

37 minutes ago, feeef said:

Well, I'm in the technical domain myself - a patch note is not an announcement channel for future changes for the end-users.

I'm not, so let me ask your expert opinion on something. Who is more at fault, the person who put the information available in a spot that's probably not the most correct spot for it, or the person who is told where information is available but refuses to make any attempt to obtain said information because it's not in the "right" spot.

Kinkoid can and do use it for that purpose at times. And trust me on my years of experience in playing their games, they ain't gonna change anytime soon.

• Like 2

"Hello, dear player!

I know you don't care about patch notes that explictly say that there's something new on user's end, so probably you will not even read this 'end user upcoming feature' notice, as apparently you're too lazy to care for the game you're investing so much time."

4 minutes ago, lepidocter said:

"Hello, dear player!

I know you don't care about patch notes that explictly say that there's something new on user's end, so probably you will not even read this 'end user upcoming feature' notice, as apparently you're too lazy to care for the game you're investing so much time."

It is good that they communicate ahead their changes, but classically (in technical domain) the "patch notes" are not the usual channel to communicate with the end-user about the future. Maybe they should have called it "Game Announcements" - even better if they would have done it in-game with their screen filling message windows on player login on the last day. Using the "patch notes" is unusual and can lead therefore to misunderstandings and miscommunicatiosn - as it happend here.

• Like 1
  • Hug 4

23 hours ago, feeef said:

It is good that they communicate ahead their changes, but classically (in technical domain) the "patch notes" are not the usual channel to communicate with the end-user about the future. Maybe they should have called it "Game Announcements" - even better if they would have done it in-game with their screen filling message windows on player login on the last day. Using the "patch notes" is unusual and can lead therefore to misunderstandings and miscommunicatiosn - as it happend here.

Look, people are trying to explain where to find the information that you want/missed/etc. We can't change the place where you can find it. Only point at it or repeat it here on the forum. That's it.

You make a good point, but it should be discussed either in "Suggestions" or "Feedback" sections of the forum. People who can affect the game in the way you suggest will not hear you here, because it's "QA questions answers". I'm not saying that they will hear you there either. But they will definitely not hear you here. That's it. Here you can only meet the fellow players who are ready to help new players who're visiting the forum.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, _aralho said:

I was stollen 1000+ dating tokens

you are not the only one for sure  - the insufficient communication methods of the developer are to blame here. Maybe we should gather all the impacted persons in one thread - as suggested above by Bomba. Maybe the "suggestion" section is the right place.

Edited by feeef
  • Like 1
  • Hug 3

All relevant changes in the game are announced in the patch notes, and they are linked every week in the ingame News Inbox, one only had to push it and read them in less than two minutes to be informed of the changes in the game. The Dating Tokens removal was especifically informed with one month of time, and it was reminded again in later patch notes.

If someone chose to not reading the News Inbox and the patch notes then it is not Kinkoid fault.

In addition it was extensively discussed in the forum, a tool that many players never read and don't use except to vent their frustration.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Redbeard said:

A good club will also help with game news.  We discussed it in our club with reminders to use your tokens.

yeah same over here ..I´m probably one of those (at least forum regulars :P ) that complains the most about KK bad communication but even I´d say that the DT issue some have in this topic isn´t one that´s KK´s fault.. it´s been discussed in the forum, in patch notes, got announced like 6 weeks early (probably also in clubs like mine and @Redbeard´s and and and...)  (I´m not saying that I like it nor that it was a necessary change.. none of these points is relevant for this so..)

If y´all don´t read anything about the game changes/ the patch notes idk .. but what you do expect ? maybe one of the devs giving you a call ?🤨 ... I´m genuinely confused about what some of you guys expect?  How do you guys think game changes are announced (if not by the patch notes that y´all obviously haven´t read)? Seriouly I´d like to know because those comments are hella confusing and exhausting to read imo ...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/30/2021 at 2:50 AM, holymolly said:

How do you guys think game changes are announced (if not by the patch notes that y´all obviously haven´t read)? Seriouly I´d like to know because those comments are hella confusing and exhausting to read imo ...

well, I think it could have been easily communicated via the many in-game messaging methods:

- via the daily message directly there "Player, remember today last day to use your dating tokens - for balancing reasons they will be shot down tomorrow" (not just a daily message with further indirection ala spammy "patch note released - link here" without any hint how serious this time it is)

- as screenfilling on-the-nose-message on login to the player: "Remember today last day!" (like the "Kinkoid team sends you -..." message)

- as counter on the bottom like the selling offers: "dating token support runs out in 3d 2h 12s"

- in the harem as mousover on the dating token counter + blinking dating token counter

Core point is: there would have been dozends of ways to do it properly in game.

As last remark, some people told people who lost now their dating tokens due to missing information, they should have just read the forum or patch notes regularily: I still don't think this can be expected from all gamers, one reason why i minimized such "meta gaming" exposure is, as it breaks for me to some the degree the immersion of learning game mechanics naturally in-game as often they are spoilerish and this takes the fun aspect away from fiddling with and exploring a game.

Edited by feeef
  • Like 1
  • Hug 5

It was, though. In the news post for the patch notes on the 29th of September, the message about dating tokens was copied verbatim, not just in the patch notes. This post was full screen and in-your-face when it was posted, but a lot of players, such as yourself, simply click those messages away without reading them.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Hug 1