7 Mythics + LC?

I'm not at this stage yet, but I'm curious to see what the high level player here are thinking.

If you already have 7 Mythic girls, are you even considering investing in the LC any more? I know a number of very good players, including @DvDivXXX, historically banked all their PXP rewards to throw at the 1st day of the LC event to ensure they got the girl. But with the Awakening system, is it actually worth having the girl? If your intention is to max out 7 Mythic girls, and use Commons/Rares to break the Awakening barriers, then Legendary 5*s are a complete redundancy. You could use those PXP rewards to hit DCs or even just to time your Level upgrade free shop refresh better to pick up a free refresh.

It seems to me that alongside threatening participation in the MD, Awakenings are going to retard participation in the LC and even LD if the current system persists. Why bother collecting these girls if you are never going to be able to upgrade them?

• Like 1

Agreed, but the point is that right now the Blessings - which are the reason Demi outclasses Mythics this week - are no longer relevant.

As you reach the higher girl levels (550+), the game just does not give out enough Gems/GXP to upgrade the Blessed girls each week. That being the case, at least some of the more experienced players seem to be abandoning the Blessing system to prioritise getting a team of 7 Mythics to level 750. The only viable way to do this is to forget about any Legendary girls and focus on your 7 Mythics + as many cheap girls (in terms of Gems/GXP) as possible to pass the Awakening barriers. So commons.

I have my own doubts about this strategy - specifically I think the game will be changed to make Blessings relevant again - but I do understand it and under the current game structure it seems like the optimum approach. But is that changing these player's attitudes towards other events?

• Like 4

I'm not high level, so I can't directly answer your question. But I don't think LC should be ignored, *even* if you focus on a 7-Mythics team. It should take a year (Or less, for these higher-level players) to reach lvl 750, and then Blessings will become relevant again (Especially for L5, and especially for LC girls, because they're part of the strongest L5 girls). Maybe even earlier if, as you believe, rules will change again, making blessings as relevant as awakening.

Moreover, LC is one of these events where you do not have to pay a lot to get the girl (I know it's more competitive at level 400+; but is it competitive enough that you actually have to spend Kobans to obtain the girl?). So, even if you do not intend to upgrade her immediately, I think it makes sense to at least obtain her.

PoV changed the XP contests quite significantly (It now provides more XP than seasons), so the next LC/XP Contest might be... interesting :) but otherwise, I think it will be business as usual.

And planned features (Especially Boss Bang, Contextual Leagues, Elemental Pantheon) might require a higher diversity of girls (Probably 7 of each element, vs 3 of each at the moment). So I wouldn't skip on L5 girls, unless you really have to.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Liliat said:

I'm not high level, so I can't directly answer your question. But I don't think LC should be ignored, *even* if you focus on a 7-Mythics team. It should take a year (Or less, for these higher-level players) to reach lvl 750, and then Blessings will become relevant again (Especially for L5, and especially for LC girls, because they're part of the strongest L5 girls). Maybe even earlier if, as you believe, rules will change again, making blessings as relevant as awakening.

Personally I agree with you, but in another thread (I can't remember which one), @DvDivXXX was saying that now he has 7 Mythics the first thing he's going to drop in the MD events. To me, it seems that once the Blessings become relevant again it's far more important that you picked-up the Mythics in between. Theyre more likely to end-up in the Top 7.

6 minutes ago, Liliat said:

Moreover, LC is one of these events where you do not have to pay a lot to get the girl (I know it's more competitive at level 400+; but is it competitive enough that you actually have to spend Kobans to obtain the girl?). So, even if you do not intend to upgrade her immediately, I think it makes sense to at least obtain her.

That's an interesting conversation in itself. You're correct that most of the time you do not need to spend Kobans to pick-up the LC girl, but is that the same thing as it not having cost you Kobans? If you spend all of your PXP rewards to pick-up the girl, how many DCs could you have won with that? Likewise with the Pachinko day and the upgrade girls day. The Champion performance day is really the only day where the resources couldn't have been used elsewhere to pick-up more Kobans (because tickets are so easy to pick up anyway).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MrXY said:

Nobody mentioned another important point. Some players want to have all girls, because at it's heart this is a collection game. It doesn't matter if it is a 1 Star or 5 Star girl.

I agree that there are a bracket of players that fall into this category, but they are also not the players who are going to be prioritising winning the leagues, so aren't the players who would choose the 'prioritise 7 Mythics' strategy. As such they can't really answer the question.

But as things go, I fundamentally do not like the Awakening system specifically because it is forcing players to choose between the PvP and the collecting aspects of the game. You have to choose one or the other and lock off other aspects of the game. It's shortsighted and certainly not a positive addition to the game.

il y a 1 minute, JustVisitingReborn a dit :

That's an interesting conversation in itself. You're correct that most of the time you do not need to spend Kobans to pick-up the LC girl, but is that the same thing as it not having cost you Kobans? If you spend all of your PXP rewards to pick-up the girl, how many DCs could you have won with that? Likewise with the Pachinko day and the upgrade girls day. The Champion performance day is really the only day where the resources couldn't have been used elsewhere to pick-up more Kobans (because tickets are so easy to pick up anyway).

That's where I can't really answer you. I know I have enough Pachinko orbs to win Daily Contest and still participate in LC; but I'm in one of the less competitive, lower-level brackets. Same for XP (I just need 1 XP reward to win a Daily or Legendary contest). For the 400+ bracket, I don't know if players need 2 Million points to get the girl on day 1, or if that's even required to reach Top 25 (And get the girl in 4 days).

At my level, doing 25 fragments per day is easy; I don't even need XP rewards for that. So the girl is pretty much guaranteed, no matter what I do. And if I want extra rewards, I can aim for one of the x50 or x100 shards.

Also, I feel that the Daily Contests are a bit less important at higher level. First, because they're likely more competitive, so you win less of them. Second, because the ~3000 Kobans per month I make from DC will not seem as important, once I reach the 10k Kobans per month league (And for competitive high level players, they make ~20k per month from leagues only; compared to my stable 3400 Kobans/Month in D1). So sacrificing a bit of DC Kobans for a strong L5 girl probably makes sense (I already pay more than 3k Kobans for LC).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, natstar said:

Some mythic days girls have had revival events however no legendary contest girls have ever returned in revival events.

Rosso's stated that there is an intention to have revival events - https://forum.kinkoid.com/index.php?/topic/21604-summary-of-the-live-qa-with-rosso-kk/&do=findComment&comment=251260

He didn't specifically state LC girls, but given that he has specifically stated Mythics - and that these are likely to be viewed as the most "exclusive" in the game - I'd suggest it's a fairly good assumption that you'll get a shot at the LC girls again at some point.

7 minutes ago, Liliat said:

At my level, doing 25 fragments per day is easy; I don't even need XP rewards for that. So the girl is pretty much guaranteed, no matter what I do. And if I want extra rewards, I can aim for one of the x50 or x100 shards.

I 100% agree - if you can pick her up without losing out elsewhere, why wouldn't you? But I know the top bracket is VERY competitive on LCs, so you are likely to have to invest significant resources to get her. That being the case, I still return to the original question - if you're going to be prioritising your 7 Mythics for the next year, is it even worth investing the resources to pick-up the LC girl?

In the lvl 401+ range are enought player who didn't storage the Player XP for Legendary Contest so you can't be sure to get one or two Top4 Places in an matching contest. So the chance to get Koban are not good enough, but there are very good chances to get the LC-Girl at the first day. So you can have three relaxed days without the need to get a high ranking in LC.

On the other side, I'm not sure thats a good strategy to prioritising on a 7 Mythics team because a single blessed 5* ist better as an unblessed mythic (for example: Filya, blessed lvl 500: 15313, mythic Valentina, unblessed lvl 500: 14280) and with 7 mythics you have a great chance that you have lesser than two blessed girls and this will not be good enough against a similar awaken full team of 5* Girls who fully blessed. This is something you have to have in mind with a lot of potential opponents with 700+ Gils in Harem.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JustVisitingReborn said:

If you already have 7 Mythic girls, are you even considering investing in the LC any more? I know a number of very good players, including @DvDivXXX, historically banked all their PXP rewards to throw at the 1st day of the LC event to ensure they got the girl. But with the Awakening system, is it actually worth having the girl?

YES IT IS!

34 minutes ago, JustVisitingReborn said:

Personally I agree with you, but in another thread (I can't remember which one), @DvDivXXX was saying that now he has 7 Mythics the first thing he's going to drop in the MD events.

Yes, but NOT BY CHOICE. If it were up to me, we wouldn't have Mythics at all, or they would be a lot less overpriced, and/or MD would be once per trimester, not once a month. It's sad that awesome works of art like Nike will likely never be fully available to me. But it is what it is, and in that case (and many others, and many more yet to come, unfortunately), I had to take the rational decision for gameplay purposes rather than out of personal taste or preferences. Which leads me to:

30 minutes ago, JustVisitingReborn said:
36 minutes ago, MrXY said:

Nobody mentioned another important point. Some players want to have all girls, because at it's heart this is a collection game. It doesn't matter if it is a 1 Star or 5 Star girl.

I agree that there are a bracket of players that fall into this category, but they are also not the players who are going to be prioritising winning the leagues, so aren't the players who would choose the 'prioritise 7 Mythics' strategy. As such they can't really answer the question.

Don't generalize too much. I'm living proof this isn't true, and most players don't really fall into one perfect category in their approach to each part of the game. I'm the type of players who prioritize being competitive in PvP, in part because I'm also the type of player who want to collect as many girls as possible, and I've long realized that PvP is by far the best way to do that. Casuals who ignore PvP to "just collect the girls" actually shoot themselves in the foot in term or results. PvP competitors grab up to twice as many girls for the same cost (well, unless you count caring about PvP, keeping in the loop and investing a lot of time, strategy and efforts into it as a cost in and of itself, which I would probably agree on).

Anyways, I have 7 Mythics now, so yes I'm going to cut down the insane cost of MD and Mythic girls in general from my already tight low-budget monthly expenses (everything about them is overpriced as hell, not just the event to get them, but their upgrades, their awakenings, their levels, every last thing about them costs an arm and a leg in various in-game currencies). But I wouldn't if there was a realistic way to still collect these girls in my situation.

Having said that, I'm not actually going for a full-on all-in on the 7 Mythics strategy for awakenings either. Neither am I going for the forget-about-Mythics, all-in on all 5* Legendaries and the constant Blessings-induced musical chair game. I'm doing a bit of both and something in between, carefully attempting to keep afloat in the present while not screwing myself over for the future. A lot of players are likely closer to that than they are from either of the extremes.

LC girls are usually great both in terms of stats and battle potential, but also in terms of art and themes. And they're super easy, barely an inconvenience to grab basically for free every month until you reach Player Level 401 and enter the Bracket of Death for Contests. After that, yeah, they require quite a bit of effort, planning and investment. Still nowhere near as much as LD girls, for instance, who do get the occasional revival and are also in the MP pool, contrary to LC girls. So I really don't see a valid reason to miss out on LC. It's one of the very last events I'd be willing to give up upon, actually.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Mythic girls are actually not super much stronger nowadays if you compare a new 5 star legendary girl vs a mythic 5 star most legendary girls actually have better base stats only thing making mythics viable is if you can actually afford to unlock the 6 star 🙂

4 minutes ago, Rylarth said:

Mythic girls are actually not super much stronger nowadays if you compare a new 5 star legendary girl vs a mythic 5 star most legendary girls actually have better base stats only thing making mythics viable is if you can actually afford to unlock the 6 star 🙂

That's always been the case. Mythics (so far...) are basically old-school 5.4 main base stat 5-star Legendaries, with one extra Star (but not yeee old school like some 5.3 or even 5.2 out there either), whereas more recent 5-star Legendaries typically have a 5.5 main base stat (and more and more total stats in general).

It's basically bound to happen that they'll eventually powercreep the current generation of Mythics as well. But even then, the power gap between older and newer Mythics should be a lot smaller than the one between older Mythics and even recent 5-star Legendaries.

• Like 4

Legendary Contests is one of if not the most generous event of the month. If you're below level 401 then it's really easy to get the girl and you're being silly to not spend resources required to do so. If you're above level 401, then daily contests are ridiculously competitive and the amount of effort required to win just three or four of them will let you win the LC girl easily if you direct your efforts to LC instead. Even if you only care for the girl's affection scenes and poses, the kobons winnings of three or four daily contests is a fair price for a 5-star girl. Either way this is one of the easiest girls of the month grab.

The number of players who have mythic pachinko mostly cleaned out are a tiny minority, and for the rest of us mythic orbs are a very valuable resource, so even once you have the girl the remaining days can be far more valuable than daily contests to you. And it's not all-or-nothing, either. While daily contests really don't give anything of value to anything below 4th place, LC gives something of value down to 25th so if you fall short or get sniped you still get a reward. With gems currently being a prized commodity, the gem rewards in LC also cannot be dismissed; you can easily bring home thousands of gems if you take several 1st place finishers, which is quite doable if you save up an entire month's worth of resources. That's very worthwhile.

I think Legendary Days is worth skipping now, as the drop rate there is quite frankly bad and we're in a gem crunch right now and will be for quite some time into the future. While I'm not saying it's wrong to participate if you like a girl or if you're lacking a specific element, it's definitely not a great event to participate in right now. Given that those girls are in the mythic pachinko group and they won't be relevant until after the gem crunch passes (which is still a long ways off) you may well have a chance to pick them up way more cheaply. If you are you going to pick up a new girl, it probably makes sense to wait for a Mythic Day that matches the element you want. Unless gem drop rates change dramatically (again) it looks like I'll be in the market for a Voyeur mythic before long, but I wouldn't touch any other element.

• Like 4

Myself, I skipped the last LD, but I'm not skipping LC. Even at the lvl 401+ bracket it's easy and doesn't require much resources, and as @Attirm has said, you get other resources along the way.
LD, on the other hand, are quite expensive and don't give anything extra. Well, some affection items and that's it. Maybe this way I'll have a girl in Mythic Pachinko once in a while again :P.

• Like 5