Market

Most boosters (Mythic and Legendary) are not worth buying.

- All Mastery (+15% Attack for PvP) may be useful if you're playing in Dicktator 3 Leagues, in the top brackets (Top 4)

- The boosters to increase your damage against villains may be useful if you're stuck on a high level Pantheon floor (1500 or above)

- Sandalwood Perfume is absolutely perfect if you're participating in Mythic Days

- Alban's Travel Memory (+5% XP) is useful to reach lvl 500 (a bit) faster

Then for Legendary:

- Cordyceps may be useful in high level leagues. You get a lot from the game, but sometimes it's not enough. Still, it's expensive and you need a lot of them, so I wouldn't recommend them until you reach Top 30/Top 15 in Dicktator 3

Everything else, you can ignore.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

As for drop in the game: AM boosters can be collected in Cumback Contests (#1), and Perfume as a reward in the Path of Valor (unlocked path).

All others can be found in the Market and in Bundles too, if you're likely to invest.

If my memory serve me well, other mythic boosters were/are dealt in events (Golden Anniversary one of them) as high tier rewards, generally implying you spend more kobans or actual cash than a direct purchase.

Do you need them? It depend on your level and ambitions.

Perfumes *can be* directly purchased and counted in for the overall cost of a Mythic - that's if you don't unlock the Path of Valor, where it surely drop. AM boosters aren't a thing until last Leagues, each AM booster decrease the final koban reward and you can easily promote without it. I think is way better to wait your chance to competein Cumback Contests.

To pass a Pantheon wall you can wait for good blessings/levelling up, so an Headband can be skipped for very late (when passing a wall is crucial, It wasn't for me so far at Tier 1200...).So, for example, Tier 1500 could require you to invest in an Headband to drop the girl.

Edited by lepidocter
  • Like 1

On 8/3/2022 at 1:47 AM, Liliat said:

Most boosters (Mythic and Legendary) are not worth buying.

Agreed, the booster merchant is pretty bad and you shouldn't buy from him very often. This actually makes him only the second-worst merchant, as the equipment vendor is even worse. 99.9% of the time the only equipment available is worthless trash, and the other 0.1% of the time it's still massively overpriced given that you'll probably find better in a couple weeks anyways. 

Alban's Memoirs and Sandalwood are the two best boosters. The memoirs are a nice way too speed up your progress towards level 500, and Sandalwoods are a huge cost saver during Mythic days. These are the only boosters that are worth picking up on a regular basis. I'd recommend keeping 6 Sandalwoods in reserve so you're ready to participate in mythic days when the time comes. Alban's should be kept in effect at all times. Everything else is... not that great.

The AM Emblem is only worth buying for a few dozen of the very top players competing for top 4 in Dicktator 3. No one else should be buying them, as the league winnings in lower leagues are too low to justify the cost. The same goes for cordyceps; legendary cordyceps is the strongest non-mythic booster, but you need to spend 3 per day to stay fully-boosted which racks up fast. This is really only worth buying if you're competing for top 4 in Dicktator 3 and comboing it with an AM Emblem. For everyone else, you use the boosters you get for free as prizes from events and pachinko. The other boosters (jujubes, ginseng, and chlorella) are the same price as cordyceps but much weaker so there is no reason to ever buy them.

The headband that boosts pantheon and villain performances is not good. The only time I would ever recommend it is if you're at floor 500, 1000 or 1500 of the pantheon so you can get the girl. If you're too weak for floor 400, you're not ready for floor 500 anyways. Wait until you actually are at the point at which there's a big reward to use the booster. As for villains, if you're too weak to fight a villain just go fight a weaker villain until you gain levels. You typically need to fight the stronger villains over 2000 times to rescue all their girls, which is just NOT worth it when the booster only lasts 100 fights. 

The boosters for seasons and champions are total trash, never buy them.

The main vendors you want to buy from are the gifts and books vendors. You want to get to the point at which you can buy out their non-mythic stock 3 times per day, as you will need huge amounts of XP and affection to get your girls up to their full potential and unlock all their scenes.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Attirm said:

The AM Emblem is only worth buying for a few dozen of the very top players competing for top 4 in Dicktator 3

I don't quite agree. There is a similar need for getting into the top 15 of this league. And, in principle, it increases the chances of winning battles, which is especially important for obtaining crystals for the Golden Anniversary. And the legendary cordyceps also contribute to this process. Without them, I would never have stayed in the top 15 D3 weekly for the past few months, which helps to get enough cobans to participate in all events without investing real money.

On 8/3/2022 at 10:47 AM, Liliat said:

The boosters to increase your damage against villains may be useful if you're stuck on a high level Pantheon floor (1500 or above)

1 hour ago, Attirm said:

The headband that boosts pantheon and villain performances is not good. The only time I would ever recommend it is if you're at floor 500, 1000 or 1500 of the pantheon so you can get the girl.

Two wrongs normally don't make a right, but this time they actually do. ^^

Here's the correct information:

1. The booster useful for Pantheon, the Headband (not shown on your screenshot) has the immense downside of also getting chipped away by mundane villain fights. Therefore, if/when you'll be in a position to use it, make sure to empty your stash of villain fights first, and/or that you won't need to play any villain fights for the next few days (typically if you're stockpiling them for an upcoming event; which is made near impossible by the current SE).

2. That booster is useful and even mandatory for high-level Pantheon (stage 1500 and above) and nothing else. Don't use it before you start reaching serious Pantheon Walls, just ignore pantheon until you get strong enough to go through.

As for AM boosters, they have the similar downside of getting chipped away by mundane Season fights (so you need to be super careful that you're fine not using any Kisses while you have one equipped), and they're indeed only needed for players in D3 competing for the top spots. Some of the comments above mine are a bit too strong either way about how many players use them or need them. It depends on your situation, but for sure never waste kobans on them until you're pretty competitive in D3.

46 minutes ago, Master-17 said:

Without them, I would never have stayed in the top 15 D3 weekly for the past few months, which helps to get enough cobans to participate in all events without investing real money.

I actually doubt that. I'm myself reconsidering how much kobans I might be throwing away by being as competitive as I am and actually spending kobans on AM and cordys regularly, and that's to fight for a potential win or at least top 4. If you're investing even half of what I am on boosters for just a top 15, then you're likely not strong enough for top 15 yet, and you'd definitely have more kobans weekly by aiming for top 30 with little to no investment instead.

Obviously, to each their own, and that's a realization I've only had very recently myself, and a decision I'm still struggling to take. So I'm not saying you're making a mistake or anything like that. I definitely understand the drive to push your limits and perform the best you can in PvP. The issue is that they over-nerfed top D3 rewards after letting a handful of players amass millions of kobans for literal years, and then they increased the cost of victory by a lot on top of that. Not to mention how much more complex, tricky, and expensive keeping a competitive battle team became since the good old days where you only ever needed three L5s of your class as your permanent battle team (which didn't even require gems to level up ^^)... So yeah, I might be throwing away kobans just for the thrill of seeing "you finished first!" on a weekly popup, even though it's pretty depressing to contemplate.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Master-17 said:

I don't quite agree. There is a similar need for getting into the top 15 of this league. And, in principle, it increases the chances of winning battles, which is especially important for obtaining crystals for the Golden Anniversary. And the legendary cordyceps also contribute to this process. Without them, I would never have stayed in the top 15 D3 weekly for the past few months, which helps to get enough cobans to participate in all events without investing real money.

The reward difference for top 15 and top 30 in D3 is 720 kobans. Buying 1 AM booster and 3 cordyceps a week would wipe out the winning difference. Unless I am certain that I can get into top 15 with less, I would rather stay in top 30.

• Like 3

Il y a 6 heures, Attirm a dit :

The headband that boosts pantheon and villain performances is not good. The only time I would ever recommend it is if you're at floor 500, 1000 or 1500 of the pantheon so you can get the girl. If you're too weak for floor 400, you're not ready for floor 500 anyways.

I would go even further: at lvl 500, you're progressing so fast that you can simply wait a couple of weeks and be strong enough to beat it without boosters. At lvl 1000, it's arguable, so if you really need the girl, you may consider going for the booster; but even there, waiting 4 to 8 weeks should be enough to break through it with just normal power increase.

1500 might be the exception, as it might be tough even for lvl 500/750 players without the booster (I'm still stuck on 1400 myself, so I can't say much about it). And for every 100th floor above that, the booster seems to be mandatory to progress. But by the time you get there, you should have acquired enough experience with the game to decide for yourself :)

(For now I haven't used a single Headband; I'll see when I reach 1500)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Liliat said:

1500 might be the exception, as it might be tough even for lvl 500/750 players without the booster (I'm still stuck on 1400 myself, so I can't say much about it). And for every 100th floor above that, the booster seems to be mandatory to progress. But by the time you get there, you should have acquired enough experience with the game to decide for yourself :)

I could beat lvl1500 with 4 mono-stat equipment, 3 Cordys at lvl500 with lvl700 girls and good blessings in one rush from lvl1400 on so you didn't need a headband here. For lvl1600 I had no chance with my lvl700 girls without headband (ok, the blessings wasn't so great at this time too), but I think if I had waited until I could awake past lvl700 I had a good chance here without headband too if the blessings are helpfull. I had waited longer at lvl1600 to get better chances, but I had the headband storaged since months and some storaged worship and wanted to increase the "free" combativity to get the last Mythic (and got combatvity worth ca. 1300 Koban).

2 hours ago, DuDeLoK said:

im not sure how it is now with getting Leg5 girls rates compared to earlyer time. but i guess right now we getting L5 much more often. so rushing panteon for new players should be not worth at all

Rushing Pantheon wasn't allways a good idea without the exception to demonstrate your e-penis. 😉 To have as much as possible 5/6* girls on the other hand is allways good because with the changing blessings you never know how the blessings will benefit you or kick you in the ass if you haven't most of the strongest girls. With bad luck you loose much more League and Season fights in a week than it's healthy because you had bad luck and "only" the wrong girls so a lot of your opponents can kick you out of the good placements.  Taurus and Scorpio are reachable early enough to be not in the high competetiv area of the Leagues and lvl1500 so hard that at the moment only a little bit over 400 players at .com have Capricorn (from more as 40.000 active player, a player that activated Pantheon actually have a leaderboard placement above 145.000)

• Like 5

23 hours ago, Master-17 said:

I don't quite agree. There is a similar need for getting into the top 15 of this league.

Typically going from top-30 to top-15 in D3 with an AM booster is just going to break even so it's not worthwhile. Just as an example (using Nutaku pricing):

Case 1: suppose you only use boosters you get for free from events/pachinko and have a 90% chance of taking top-30 and a 10% chance of taking top-15. This gives an expected winnings of 373 nubons per week.

Case 2: suppose you buy 1 AM booster per week (90 nubons) and this improves your winning chances to 90% chance of taking top-15 with only a 10% chance of taking top-30. This improves your expected winnings 469 nubons, but after accounting for the cost your expected winnings are only 379 nubons.

This means that in this ideal case where the booster takes you from nearly no chance of top-15 to nearly guaranteed top-15, it's giving you an expected value of... 6 nubons per week profit. So best-case scenario that's a free shop refresh once per week. You're better off just fighting without the AM booster.

Paying for Cordyceps is even worse. It costs (again, Nutaku pricing) 315 nubons per week to stay fully boosted. Even if this improved you from top-60 to top-15 you'd still be losing kobons on that.

23 hours ago, Master-17 said:

And, in principle, it increases the chances of winning battles, which is especially important for obtaining crystals for the Golden Anniversary.

That is a good point for people who are pursuing this event. Personally I'm just ignoring it and will claim whatever rewards I get from playing normally.

22 hours ago, DvDivXXX said:

That booster is useful and even mandatory for high-level Pantheon (stage 1500 and above) and nothing else. Don't use it before you start reaching serious Pantheon Walls, just ignore pantheon until you get strong enough to go through.

I would counter that there's really no reason to go any further once you've beaten floor 1500. Yes, there are some decent rewards up there, but the next big reward is at floor 2000 and literally nobody has that girl. There is almost certainly going to be power creep in the future, and in my view there is no sense spending kobons now to bypass walls that are going to get power crept in due time. I think it can make sense if it will actually give you a girl right now, but that's it.

I do agree with your advice about avoiding villain fights, but ideally you should have worship saved up so you can just beat the pantheon floor you're currently stuck on in one go. 

• Like 6